Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Roman empire (the 4th Kingdom) is reviving

Author Topic: Roman empire (the 4th Kingdom) is reviving
Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have to realize that there are two references to four kingdoms in Daniel. There are four Great Kingdoms, and there are four little kingdoms, which actually come out of the ten kingdoms, which in turn came out of the four large kingdoms. Read Daniel 7 and 8 at the same time to make sense of this. So, once these 10 kingdoms of the european union are established, assuming they are the ten kingdoms referenced in Daniel and Revelation, then the anti-christ's kingdom can come out of them at some time in the future. They will fight amongst each other a little bit, and one king will subdue three kings of the ten.

I'll probably be posting some of my commentaries on Daniel at some point in the future. For those of you that want what I have so far, you can private message me. Currently, I've only commented on Daniel 7. I have been taking large amounts of notes over the last few months, and I just haven't organized them all yet.

Daniel 8:17
So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

Take note in Daniel that the Ram and the he goat are a vision for the time of the end, not Alexander's time. Alexander the Great's kingdom just seemed to fulfill prophecy, but actually did not. It's amazing how we, as human beings, miss the obviousness of some scriptures. I think the words "at the time of the end" is fairly clear, don't you?

So, I believe, although I'm not sure, that this he goat is the US, and the ram with two horns are Iraq and Iran. Iraq has already been taken out, Iran is definitely next. I believed the Lord showed me this just before the Iraq war.

I believe that the anti-christ is destroyed without hand at the brightness of Yashua's coming...

Daniel 8:25
And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Prince of princes Who could that be? Yashua perhaps? I think so, I don't know of any other prince of princes, do you?

Here's a small section of my Daniel 7 commentary.
quote:

In verse nine, Daniel says that the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit. This is the judgment. The anti-christ’s kingdom is the last one on the earth, and came out of the fourth large kingdom referenced earlier. II Thessalonians 2:8 shows that the anti-christ is destroyed at the brightness of His coming, as does Daniel 8:25.

9I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. 10A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

If you can wait until I'm finished doing my Daniel commentary, then you can see what I have at that time. But for now, if you would like to address specific points of what I have wrong, please feel free. Just please do not flood me with useless information that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, as I don't have time for that.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that article on Brother Ripp’s newsite: www.rapturenews.com and found it very interesting.

Here’s another article that I think my be relative to the ‘revival of the 4th Beast’ which I also found on Bro. Ripp’s site:

EU aims to be military superpower
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,12422216%255E31477,00.html

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 2 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another great Hal Lindsey article just posted.

Is Rome reviving?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 3, 2005

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

The year 2005 started the countdown toward a momentous event – the ratification of the new proposed European constitution.

What such mighty leaders as Charlemagne, Frederick the Great, Napoleon and Hitler couldn't do militarily, is being quietly achieved by economic alliances and the heady wine of ultimate economic and political power.

I saw this coming in 1969, as I discussed in my book, "The Late Great Planet Earth." I quoted former Secretary of State Dean Rusk who said in 1962:

Powerful forces are moving in the European community toward political integration as well. Survival and growth force the nations of Europe to forget their historic antagonisms and unite. Through the pooling of the resources and efforts a mighty new entity is growing out of the chaos left by national rivalries and world wars.

Now the instrument that can formally federate the European nations has been formulated. At first blush, this new constitution looks similar to the U.S. federal system, but the similarities are only superficial. The new E.U. constitution has none of the checks and balances built into the American system. The American system grants individual states certain rights that are beyond its ability to regulate.

The E.U. constitution would take most of the powers away from the member states and concentrate them in Brussels. The E.U. constitution creates an unelected president, foreign minister and diplomatic service, all currently held by the same individual under the authority of a Western European Union agreement titled, "Recommendation 666." (Isn't this number interesting? Coincidence? I don't think so.) And remember, it is the Western European Union – composed of the original 10 member nations – that holds the real power in the European Union. This is all prophetically significant.

The E.U. constitution will create a unique, pan-European legal system, a Europe-wide police and law enforcement infrastructure and an all-European military force. Two E.U. members are currently numbered among the five Permanent Members of the Security Council. The European constitution envisions a sixth seat for Europe.

When ratified, it will mean the end of the already tattered trans-Atlantic relationship with the United States, since an E.U. military alliance would cut across existing NATO lines, eliminating some obligations for NATO members and imposing new ones better suited to European requirements.

When the E.U. constitution is formally ratified, it will transform Europe from a single market alliance into a federal political union and will create an authoritarian superstate on a par with the United States virtually overnight.

As I said in "The Late Great Planet Earth," Europe will unite and become the mightiest power on earth. The United States must suddenly decline as a world power.

Now here is why I say this. The Prophet Daniel's seventh and eighth chapters have been called the greatest in the Bible. Chapter seven gives a prophetic outline of the four great world empires that would have authority over the entire earth until the Messiah comes and sets up God's kingdom. Each empire would destroy the succeeding one. In this chapter Daniel has a vision of four terrible beasts. The revealing angel interprets these: "The four great beasts are four kingdoms that will rise from the earth" (Daniel 7:17, NIV).

Daniel is especially curious about the Fourth Kingdom, because it takes a different form in the days just before the coming of the Messiah. The angel explained:

The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. The 10 horns are 10 kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time. [Hebrew means a year, two years and half a year.]

– Daniel 7:23-25, NIV

Note that the "10 horns that symbolize 10 kings" come "from" or "out of" the remains of the Fourth Kingdom. The Fourth Kingdom is not destroyed as the first three were. As predicted, it remains in a mystery form until just before the coming of the Messiah to set up God's forever kingdom, which is the Fifth Kingdom.

Now who are the four world kingdoms?

Daniel receives the answer to that question two years after he received the revelation in chapter seven. It was in the third year of King Belshazzar of Babylon.

The symbols used in the first half of chapter eight are explained beginning in verse 20, "The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia." The vision showed that the "two horned ram" would suddenly destroy Babylon. This prophecy was received shortly before Media-Persia destroyed Babylon virtually overnight by diverting the Euphrates River that ran through the city. Their soldiers rushed under the great bronze gates that extended into the water once the river dried up. The walls of the City of Babylon were over 150 feet high and wide enough at the top for five chariots to run side by side. The city that was thought to be impregnable was overrun in a night – and God's prophets had predicted it.

Daniel predicts the Third Kingdom, symbolized by a two-horned shaggy goat, would destroy the Persian Empire through the genius of its first great king, "The shaggy goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between his eyes is the first king" (Daniel 8:21, NIV). This was a precise prophecy of the rise of Alexander the Great more than 200 years before his birth.

Daniel predicts that Alexander would spread his kingdom further than all before him. Incredibly, he predicts that Alexander would suddenly die at the height of his power and his kingdom would be divided among four of his people. When Alexander died, his last words in answer to the question "To whom do you will you kingdom" was, "Give it to the strong."

His four great generals – Ptolemy, Seleucus, Cassandar and Lysimachus – took it over, just as predicted.

The Fourth Kingdom was Rome. It took over all that was left of the Greek Empire long before the birth of Christ. It continued until it fell apart as a political kingdom around the end of the 5th century. However, the influence of this kingdom continued. Evidence of its existence and power are all over Europe, the Middle East and the Mediterranean world. Religiously, a remnant of Roman power continued mysteriously in the Roman Catholic Church.

Now, against all odds, 10 nations out of the ruins of the Roman culture and people have arisen as the real power behind the European Union. I believe they will become the power base through which a predicted leader will gain control over the whole world. The Bible calls him the "Antichrist."

I realize some will say this preposterous. But this prophecy has already been 85 percent literally fulfilled in history – and every time against seemingly impossible odds.

I believe we are witnesses to climactic events that will bring Jesus the Messiah back to earth. The most important question is: "Are you ready?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hal Lindsey is the best-selling author of 20 books, including "Late Great Planet Earth." He writes this weekly column exclusively for WorldNetDaily.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement