Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » What if the Rapture never came?

Author Topic: What if the Rapture never came?
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you my Brother in Christ 2Tim, and I hope that He fills your heart and Your life with a multitude of blessing.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi danny;

In 1843 a large group followed a leader who declared that Christ wquld return in 1844. They liquidated and gathered in preparation. When the event failed to happen, they disbanded and out of this movement called the Millerites, (who followed William Miller), came the Jehovahs Witnesses, and the Seventh Day Adventists.

A Believer places their total trust and faith in Christ, but as a Bride who awaits her Bridegroom's footsteps at the door, we can't keep from looking out the window for His approach. We are redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb. We are to be watchful of the times and the seasons, but no man knoweth the day nor the hour.

1 Thess. 5:
1: But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2: For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3: For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4: But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5: Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6: Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7: For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8: But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9: For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Of course the preaching of the Cross is foolishness to them that perish. As long as our faith and trust is solely in the finished work of our Lord on Calvary, we merely sojourn as wayfarers in an alien land with our Home being with our Lord Jesus Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danny458
Advanced Member
Member # 4378

Icon 5 posted      Profile for danny458     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The confidence of many Christians in their understanding of the end times astounds me. There are many teachings in the Bible that are figurative. For example...

Is it really harder for camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go in to heaven?
If your hand causes you to sin, are you cutting it off?
Are you greeting all your brothers with a holy kiss?
Do we know for certain that in the beginning, God said in perfect Hebrew "Let there be light!" in an audible voice?
The list could go on.

We do not know for sure that the 1948 creation of the New State of Israel is the fufillment of prophecy. The state could cease to exist in the next century, and maybe it will be restablished 1000 years from now...

And the biblical support of contradictory viewpoints also makes this a dangerous issue to flout confidence on.

The end times is a non-essential Christian doctine that can really make Christians look really silly to the world and lose credibility for sharing the gospel. ie. Hal Lindsay's book in the 1970s that boldly predicted the end would come in the 80's... and then his adjustment in his prediciton when the end didn't come to the 1990's...

Posts: 89 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Drew. I believe the anit-christ will not be able to get control, until the Church is gone.
Then they, that are left will, unfortunatly, be ripe for the picking.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Sis I did not realize that my cup, er inbox runneth over. All cleaned out now, and now back to our regular scheduled program.

2 Thess 2:
3: Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4: Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5: Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6: And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7: For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8: And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10: And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

I believe that he who now letteh is God's Holy Spirit indwelling the hearts of His children, and that when the Believers are taken, then the restraing influence is gone and that man of sin will be revealed.

We are called ambassadors for Christ, and the ambassadors are called home before the war commences.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sister Betty, I'm right there with you!

I Don't Want to go through that stuff either!!! But I can't allow myself to focus on that part of it or it could be my downfall.

For me, I haven't read anything in the Bible that CLEARLY tells me rather we will or won't be here after the AC is revealed. The closest thing I can find to a timing is in 2 Thes. (I'm working from faulty memory here) where it says that our catching away won't happen until the falling away comes first and the man of sin be revealed (the AC). I'm Praying for all I'm worth that means that as soon as the AC is revealed, then the Lord will Rapture us!

I totally agree with you that we don't know what we'll do until we're actually faced with the situation. Peter is a perfect example. In fact, I was just saying this same thing on the other board I'm on. I can only say that I HOPE and PRAY I'll be able to Stand Firm should I have to endure till the end (IF we're here through all that nasty stuff).

So you're not alone, and don't feel guilty for not wanting to go through that. I don't think any one of us here really wants to either.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have often been made to feel guilty here for not wanting to go through the tribulation. But, if you do a study of the Revelations, you will come to the conclusion that none of us want to. This will be a time unlike any time on earth.
We did a 6 month study on The Revelations at the Baptist Church in Channelview.
To compare the tribulations that people have gone through in the past to what will happen then is a mis-justice. There will be an earthquake that will affect the whole world at one time. Just imagine what happened with the tsumani happening on every continent.
We cannot even imagine the misery that will come about from that.
There will be a time when the sun will burn so hot that anyone who goes out side their skin will receive a First Degree burn. There will be a time when the seas and the oceans will turn to blood and all the living things in the water will die and all the men in boats on the water die.
Anyone can say that they will go through the tribulation and not fail. But, when Jesus told the disciples that someone would betray Him, they all thought they were above failure. But, when the solders came all the discples but Peter fled to their homes and he denied Jesus.

I believe the Bible supports a pre-trib rapture. But none of us should sit back thinking that we can handle anything. We don’t know what we will do until we enter a trial.

I believe that the same God that protected His people from the plaques and Noah from the flood will remove the Christians from the earth before the tribulation happens.

Niedziejkore [Eek!]

You scare me, the way you call The Book of Revelations the writing of a mad man. If I were you I would pray seriously about that.
-------------------------------------------
Until God brings the tribulation, I will pray with all my heart that God will be merciful to His people and remove us from the earth to be with Him before He unleashes His wrath against the world.
God bless!
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
The Word of God is foolishness to those who do not believe.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16
But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.
Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts.But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brother Drew...

Clean out your PM box please  - It's full! [Wink]

Sorry Everyone and now....  -

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 14:

26: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

2 Timothy 3:

15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

1 Cor. 1: 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

The Word of God is foolishness to those who do not believe.

Romans 3:4
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your clarification, Miss Betty. I totally misunderstood your stance on that to be one thinking that those who do not necessarily believe in a pre-trib rapture would be left behind as punishment or something if they were actually wrong.

I love my King, Jesus Christ, and I can't wait to see Him, whether it be pre-, mid-, or post-tribulation, or if I happen to die before all that comes to pass.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have tried to ignore what you have posted in order to let it go but this is the second time so I guess you truly do not believe the Word of God. You are in deep need of prayer my friend. If you truly believe what you say, then you are calling God a liar (read John 1:1). What you are saying comes from satan's mouth and you should be on your knees in repentance immediately. God will not take lightly to what you have said and believe. I will give you some verses in hopes that you will come to your senses. Your eternity is at stake. Make haste and repent...You will be in my prayers.
I am not calling god a liar. I am neither calling john a liar either. However, I am saying that john was perhaps misguided. The rapture was written well after Jesus's death. And since the bible is in fact written by humans with divine inspiration, they were written by humans nonetheless, and humans have their own emotions and biases, even if they are inspired by god.

Had god or jesus actually written revelations, the rapture would have meaning for me. But John was only a man who had an apocalyptic dream and wrote it down, thus confusing generations of christians to come.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
For those whose who are stilling questioning when the Rapture will be all I can say is that, no matter when, you better

~B E - R E A D Y~

[rapture] [rapture] [rapture]

AMEN!!!

Let us be like the Wise Virgins; with our lamps full of oil and the wicks trimmed. [thumbsup2]

MARANATHA! [rapture]

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

For those whose who are stilling questioning when the Rapture will be all I can say is that, no matter when, you better

~B E - R E A D Y~

[rapture] [rapture] [rapture]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put my faith in the Bible. I believe the Bible says that the tribulation is after the rapture.

http://www.rapturesolution.com/beechick/Book/1thess.htm

http://www.raptureme.com/rr-pretribulation-rapture.html

http://www.favorminded.com/pray/rapture.html

--------------------

freaknpv
Advanced Member
Member # 4423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freaknpv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally understand the question posed by the first poster and I hope that everyone will consider it for themselves and not just brush it off because they hold to a specific teaching on timing... This has always concerned me! I am afraid that some might fall away if the Rapture isn't when they think it should be and they find themselves having to walk through Hell on earth (the Great Trib).

This is the heart of my question, do we put more faith in our doctrines than we do in just following Jesus, that is what the Pharisees and religious leaders of Jesus' day did expected one thing and grew angry when God didn't fit their plans.

More food for thought

--------------------
Head in Heaven, Fingers in the Mire

Posts: 25 | From: Cali. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Advanced Member
Member # 3254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I believe in a pre-trib rapture...you betcha...but if it did not occur and every living humans went thru the tribulation, would my faith still be strong enough to die for the one who died for me? Do we know our hearts 100% for sure? Because God's word says...Proverbs 28:26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool:...Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? God is the only one who 100% knows our hearts...Acts 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts Psalm 44:21 for he knoweth the secrets of the heart...Let us not forget that Jesus knew Peter's heart...Matthew 26:34 Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the **** crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. So you see even the apostles ran when they thought they might be killed...

So can I say 100% for sure that I would give my life for Him... I can only pray that I will...I can only let the Holy Spirit lead me and give me the strenghth that I need to carry me thru...because on my own I cannot!!!

Israel

--------------------
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee.

Posts: 97 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Sister Laurie, who were you refering to in your last post?

In case it was me (I haven't been being very clear the past two days [Wink] )... I don't believe that anyone who Belongs to Jesus will be left behind no matter When the Rapture occurs (Pre- Mid- Post). I don't believe it matters what a person believes about the timing of the Rapture... If you're HIS - You're HIS and He's gonna take ya! PRAISE GOD! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

The Concern I raised was for some of those who hold so tightly to the Pre-trib timing. Mainly new believers who are putting too much stock in what prophecy teachers are saying. IF it turns out not to be Pre- then it could cause them to question their faith and perhaps even fall away. That would be tragic I think.

Now please understand that I'm not talking about anyone I know on this board, becuase I know y'all are fully grounded in HIM.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

If my thread implies that only those who believe in the pre trib will be taken, I apologize. I was referring to people who like my son who used to believe that we did not need to get saved because, he did not believe in the rapture.
I do know that it says that God is coming back for those who looking for His return. BUT, I would NEVER suggest than just because you do not believe in the pre-trib doesn't mean you won't be raptured out. That is NOT my call.
I do stand by my belief in the pre-trib rapture. I do not belief when God has the angels open up the bowls of His wrath that it will NOT be poured out on His Church but on the anit-christ and those who rejected His son.

--------------------

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plenty of Christains do not believe in the concept of a pre-trib rapture. If they end up being wrong about that belief, are you implying that they will be "left behind?" I do not believe so myself, which is why I personally believe the issue to be irrelevant in terms of doctrine.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

One day the rapture will take place. There will be alot of people who are left behind that will know instantly what happened. They will remember their grandma or their pastor talking about the rapture and how they thought they were crazy.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, for anyone who doubts the book of Revelation, take note of the first three passages of that book:

quote:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants--things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near. [ Revelation 1:1-3]
To deny this book, or call it the ravings of a madman, is calling John, the angel, and God a liar. This is dangerous! The Word is THE WORD! We MUST NOT alter in ANY way the contents of His Word. Repent and accept the Word of God as the Living Truth! Those that deny the Word of God will spend eternity in hell. I can't fully express the seriousness of your post and I hope and pray that you will repent.

May God bless you and show you the truth. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The precursor to the arising of the anti-Christ, could find us either having to compromise with the secular, or being persecuted for our unpopular stand.

Right this very moment our Christian Brothers and Sisters are living and dieing under horrendous persecution.

We must be stablished in the faith, and stand on the Rock of our salvation that we will not be moved. God bless my precious Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
[originally When my eye-strings break in death]
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I might also add a Huge AMEN to Brother Ripp's post to Niedziejkore!

Niedziejkore: You're on dangerous ground... Fear God and Repent for he has the power to send your soul where you don't want your soul to spend eternity.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
Messiah is coming again, and no man knoweth the day or the hour, but the Word tells us to watch for the times and the seasons.

The pre-trib position is to be supported in scripture. The mid-trib position is supported in scripture, the post-trib position is supported in scripture.

For the last 28 years I have been pre-trib, supported by scripture, and if I keel-over with a heart attack before I finish this post, then praise our glorious God our Savior for to be absent from the body is to be present with our glorious Lord. If he tarries while the Beast arises then praise God for we have more time to reach a few others with the glorious message of the Cross of Calvary. Our Brothers and Sisters gave their lives in the Roman persecution, for the Gospel of our Lord, and can we do no less?

Whether we be pre, mid, post, we should be more of a "pan-millenial", knowing that our God reigns, and it is all going to pan-out in the end all to His glory and in His love for His precious children. Let us watch the times and the seasons, stand in the blessed assurance of God, and be sober and vigilant.

1 Thess. 5:
1: But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2: For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3: For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4: But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5: Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
7: For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8: But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9: For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10: Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
11: Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

May God so bless His precious children.

AMEN!!! AMEN!!! AMEN!!!

Of all the various positions out there, I'd have to say that this is the one I agree with the most!

The timing doesn't matter to me. It is enough to know that I WILL Be with the Lord forever and ever! Even if that means I have to walk through the Hell that is coming first. I Belong to HIM and HE is my Comfort and my Strength [clap2]

If HE should decide to Rapture us Before these things then I say Hallaujah!!! I'm ready Lord, Beam Me Up! But if not, then I will do my best to walk though it in the midst of HIS Grace and Mercy. "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death I shall fear no evil, for Thou art with me!"

I totally understand the question posed by the first poster and I hope that everyone will consider it for themselves and not just brush it off because they hold to a specific teaching on timing... This has always concerned me! I am afraid that some might fall away if the Rapture isn't when they think it should be and they find themselves having to walk through Hell on earth (the Great Trib).

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Niedziejkore:

What you have said, and this is the second time I have seen you say that, is idolotrous. You either believe the Word of God or you don't. When you pick out things in the Bible that you like and ignore the others, that makes you an idoloter. And then you have the gaul to call the book of Revelation the ravings of a madman:

This is the second example of what you said:
quote:
However, my take on revelations, as i've said it before is nothing more than mad ravings. No more discernible than our own dreams we have each night.

I have tried to ignore what you have posted in order to let it go but this is the second time so I guess you truly do not believe the Word of God. You are in deep need of prayer my friend. If you truly believe what you say, then you are calling God a liar (read John 1:1). What you are saying comes from satan's mouth and you should be on your knees in repentance immediately. God will not take lightly to what you have said and believe. I will give you some verses in hopes that you will come to your senses. Your eternity is at stake. Make haste and repent...You will be in my prayers. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

quote:
" Every word of God is flawless ; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar. [Proverbs 30:5-6]

quote:
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. [Isiah 40:8]"

quote:
But you must not mention 'the oracle of the LORD ' again, because every man's own word becomes his oracle and so you distort the words of the living God, the LORD Almighty, our God. [Jeremiah 23:36]
quote:
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” [Matthew 4:4]
quote:
He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” [Luke 11:28]
quote:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God . [John 1:1]
quote:
Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. [ 2 Corinthians 4:2]
quote:
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. [Hebrews 4:12]
quote:
For you have been born again , not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. [1 Peter 1:23]
quote:
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. [Revelation 6:9]

HisGrace
unregistered

We don't have to be confused about "what ifs" if we carefully read the scriptures and believe The Word.
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Israel was looking for a conquring Messiah to restore the throne of David and to set His people free. A warrior with a flashing sword to defeat the Roman occupation and restore God' Kingdom. The Jews who reject Christ are still looking.

He has come once and defeated the true enemy, and He will come again.

Acts 1:
5: For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6: When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7: And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9: And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10: And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11: Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Matt. 24:
27: For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28: For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29: Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Zech. 14:

3: Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4: And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5: And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6: And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7: But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8: And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9: And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Rev. 19:
11: And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12: His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13: And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14: And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15: And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16: And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17: And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18: That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19: And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20: And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21: And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Messiah is coming again, and no man knoweth the day or the hour, but the Word tells us to watch for the times and the seasons.

The pre-trib position is to be supported in scripture. The mid-trib position is supported in scripture, the post-trib position is supported in scripture.

For the last 28 years I have been pre-trib, supported by scripture, and if I keel-over with a heart attack before I finish this post, then praise our glorious God our Savior for to be absent from the body is to be present with our glorious Lord. If he tarries while the Beast arises then praise God for we have more time to reach a few others with the glorious message of the Cross of Calvary. Our Brothers and Sisters gave their lives in the Roman persecution, for the Gospel of our Lord, and can we do no less?

Whether we be pre, mid, post, we should be more of a "pan-millenial", knowing that our God reigns, and it is all going to pan-out in the end all to His glory and in His love for His precious children. Let us watch the times and the seasons, stand in the blessed assurance of God, and be sober and vigilant.

1 Thess. 5:
10: Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
11: Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

May God so bless His precious children.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know that the reply is going to be something like: Read revelations! It says that we are going to magically transported into heaven. The bible prophecises it, so it will happen.

However, my take on revelations, as i've said it before is nothing more than mad ravings. No more discernible than our own dreams we have each night.

And I have a theory: the certain brand of christianity who believes the world will end soon and they will be raptured will never cease to exist. for how convenient it will be for them to say when the time comes, "It didn't happen in the last 50 years, but it will happen in the next 50 years.

The thing about the revelations prophecies (or any religion's prophecies for that matter) is that if you keep looking for signs that correlate with the book of revelation's prophecy, you're going to find them.

Funny though, is that none of the prophecies have been fulfilled, but some people like to play "make-believe the end of the world is near".

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freaknpv
Advanced Member
Member # 4423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freaknpv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im curious , this really is for everyone that believes in a Pre-Trib Rapture.

What if all the events that are supposed to happen after the rapture start to happen, what if the rapture never comes and the Anti Christ and False Prophet show up and all that stuff that Christians aren't supposed to be around for starts taking place?

Does this hurt your faith or do you just follow Jesus even if it costs you your head?

Im just curious

--------------------
Head in Heaven, Fingers in the Mire

Posts: 25 | From: Cali. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement