Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » The end

Author Topic: The end
tenboom155
Advanced Member
Member # 4358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenboom155     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As we can all see, SOMETHING BIG IS GOING ON. I think there is much that must still happen before that. A big one is that Israel as a nation still has to recieve Jesus as the Messiah, if they don't, He won't come (though we know that won't happen. They will recieve Him at some point). Before that is the Great Tribulation, the One World Government followed by a 10 Confederation Government.

I always try to remember to let scripture interpret scripture. Not to let the dailey news interpret scripture. In my life I have seen that God has something going on in every generation that keeps his people looking for Him. But one of these times, it will be THE TIME and everything will be COMPLETELY fulfilled.

I know that everyone doesn't interpret scripture the same, but I take it litterally unless the context demands that it be taken symbolically--ie: the beast you find in Daniel 7--there is no such thing so it must be symbolic.

Waiting for the Rapture [hyper]

--------------------
My 2 Cents--pardon my poor spelling.

Posts: 52 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brooks2007
Community Member
Member # 4416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brooks2007         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the end is near because of what is going on in this world. The prophesy of the end is almost ran out. The Lord has been good all through the age's, and has been good to his children(wich is us). What I beleie is the three years that are left until the world trys to take over. Just what I think, nothing else.

--------------------
Brad Brooks

Posts: 13 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brooks2007 and Niedziejkore,

America does not have any plans to take over Israel at all and several other countries don't have any such plans either. However America does and must always stand by Israel for Israel is the apple of God's eye. We must always remember that!
Any countries who think they can take over Israel will never be able to accomplish that at all.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm sorry, America has no current plans to take over Israel.
You know of America's plans? I wish I could sit in on pentagon and whitehouse briefings. Not to mention what goes on in the heads of our top officials.

quote:
quote:The whole world seems like they want Israel

I can name lots of countries which have no designs on Israel whatsoever, like Belize or Mozambique or Rwanda, and many more.

So can I, but I think he's talking about countries with real power, not countries that are so messed up, they really have no role in world affairs.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brooks2007 writes
quote:
Everyone knows that the end is near...
Lot's of people have no idea what's coming:

Luke 17
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
quote:
I think that there is only three more years left until Jesus comes back. I heard on the news a few weeks ago that there was only three more years left until America will go over to try to take over Israel.
I'm sorry, America has no current plans to take over Israel. Historically there have been many prognosticators and date-setters, and they've all proven to be wrong, even Hal Lindsey was wrong several times. I think the kings of the East are not yet ready to come west across the Euphrates:

Revelation 16:12
And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
quote:
I think that America is the New Babylon, because America is getting real evil.
America has a long way to go before it reaches the depravity of the Roman Empire in his later stages.
quote:
The whole world seems like they want Israel
I can name lots of countries which have no designs on Israel whatsoever, like Belize or Mozambique or Rwanda, and many more.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Brad and welcome to the Christian BBs.

1 Thess. 5:

1: But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2: For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3: For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4: But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5: Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6: Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7: For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8: But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9: For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10: Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
11: Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Events are moving and as our Lord Jesus Christ, YHWH manifest in the flesh declared, iniquity shall abound and the love of many shall wax cold.

Our Lord could be headed back for us before I even finish writing this post. He could be ready three years down the road, He could delay a hundred years, but I doubt it do to Israel becoming a nation, and the times and events that are being brought into play.

William Miller was a Baptist preacher who took three years, added up all of the dates and categoricly declared the date for the Lord's return. Those who followed him sold all that they possessed and gathered together in prayer and fasting to await the Lord's return. They were the Millerites, and the year was 1843.

Two years later they were dispersed and two of the groups founded were the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Seventh Day Adventists.

Matt. 24:
32: Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34: Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35: Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37: But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38: For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39: And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40: Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41: Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42: Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43: But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44: Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45: Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

Acts 1:
6: When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7: And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9: And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10: And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11: Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

We as Believers are to be watchful of the times and the seasons, and ever on watch for the return of our King. No man knows the day or the hour, but many feel that the times and seasons draw near.
It is important to watch Israel, for once more will our King set foot on the Mount of Olives:

Zech. 14:
3: Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4: And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5: And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6: And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7: But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8: And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9: And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brooks2007
Community Member
Member # 4416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brooks2007         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone knows that the end is near, even the prophets in the bible were told by the Lord that there was going to be a end time. I think that there is only three more years left until Jesus comes back. I heard on the news a few weeks ago that there was only three more years left until America will go 0ver to try to take over Isreal. So that to me is proof that the end times is near. I think God was trying to tell me that the end is near. I think that America is the New Babylon, because America is getting real evil. The whole world seems like they want Isreal, there is another bit of proof that the end times is near. I think that all this is proof, and that the Lord is trying to tell the world that it is the end.

--------------------
Brad Brooks

Posts: 13 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement