Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Larry King Tonight 10:00 MTN

Author Topic: Larry King Tonight 10:00 MTN
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
Why do they wish to make it seem that their "love" is better than the love between a man and woman?

Agree - they always try to portray their love as so perfect and wholesome. Homosexuals separate too. I know of one lesbian couple who separated and there was a child involved. Same-sex marriage is legal in some provinces in Canada, and there has been at least one couple who have divorced.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The thing I hear people complain about homosexual unions the most is, "Oh, well they want social security benefits. i'm paying enough" But homosexuals pay taxes too. Why should they not be allowed to benefit from a program they as well put their tax dollars into?

They do pay taxes and they do get social security...But....There's a different level of benefits that come with marriage and it would raise the tax burden on everyone.

To force the American people to accept gay marriage as a legitimate option would be forcing them to also subsidize the benefits that come with marriage...

I think it would be more of a constitutional violation to force people to pay more taxes because some gay people want to marry each other..Not only that, you would be violating freedom of religion if you make a law requiring people to support something through their pocketbooks that directly violates what their religion says is wrong....

I'm not saying we shouldn't love these people...But we shouldn't be forced to endorse and make their homosexual lifestyle more comfortable through forced financial subsidizing.

Hey, they can choose wether or not they want to engage in a gay lifestyle...But marriage and the monetary benefits that come with it by forcing Christians to pick up the tab ? No.

Unfair ? Hey there are millions of single heterosexuals out there that never get the financial benefits that come with marriage and you don't see them complaining.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen the Bible states:

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth; read on and read on . GOD DID NOT CREATE SIN. THEREFORE GOD DID NOT CREATE HOMOSEXUALITY. I can debate this from Hebrew, Greek, Spanish, etc.. GOD DID NOT CREATE HOMOSEXUALITY. If anyone believes and declares that they are trying to say GOD is the author of EVIL. Sin was introduced thru SATAN and the woman yielded first to temptation than ADAM. Because they had sinned their thoughts/actions become evil. HEY Niedziejkore YOU ARE 100% wrong to say GOD created homosexuality. Men and women chose to be heterosexual or homosexual. THere are no innate homosexuality. IF THAT IS SO THAN THE CREATOR IS A LIAR. IT has been said in the past that people would try to have their sins become normal behaviour. WOULD YOU STAKE YOUR SALVATION on that " GOD CREATED HOMOSEXUALITY". Have you read ROMANS Chapter one. CHRISTIANS who follow the LORD take on his identification. MY JESUS is not a GAY GOD- He is GOD and they must worship him is spirit and truth.

Matthew 24 says that people will ultimately leave the truth and pervert their bodies.

Now I have read the bible thru 15 times in 7 languages and not once does it say God created homosexuality. He created sexuality; This refers to male and female combination. In fact for humans the command -be fruitful and multiply didn't come until after the entire creation was done. Death brought in the populating affect. We have babis to replenish the earth. When Jesus comes again and there is NO MORE DEATH- then we become like the angles. WE DO NOT BECOME angles but the ability to be fruitful and multiply will cease.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Niedziejkore:
While I swear allegiance to God, I have also sworn allegiance to my country, and the principles it was founded upon. That is, I have the right to worship, and fags have the right to copulate, buddhists have the right to hit each other with sticks, and so on and so forth.

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Everyone is entitled to this.

And again, it is also futile to wipe out homosexuality. Just like prohibition, this amendment will be repealed if it ever goes through. So what's the point of even trying to pass it?

I agree that we can't "prohibit" homosexuality, but we can make Marriage a protected institution, that is only for one man and one woman.

I have to ask homosexuals ; why would one want to be indentified based on what they like to do in the bedroom? Isn't a person more than what they do for sexual gratification?

Why do they wish to have their practices advertised all over TV, movies, and other media?

Why do they have to validate their way of life, when the rest of us don't get to?

Why do they wish to make it seem that their "love" is better than the love between a man and woman?

It's never very beneficial to talk openly about things that are private. It's like they want to whole world to KNOW what they do in the bedroom, but then get angry when other people don't agree with them.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the creation of Adam and Eve:

If one reads Genesis carefully and looks up the Hebrew meaning of the word "Adam", it means "human being".

So God created a human being, and then God made a counterpart for the first human being.

To do that God caused a deep sleep to fall on the first human being. God removed some genetic material or a "rib".

After the second human being was created, the Genesis text says God made them male and female.
Before Eve is created, it only refers to Adam, but doesn't call him a male, until after Eve is created.

So we don't really know what sexual identity Adam had prior to his deep sleep. We do know and agree that God's plan was to have a male and female to be one unit in marriage.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripp, all your points conform to one religious viewpoint, and the United States Constitution does not conform to one religious viewpoint.

By the way, nice to see you again.

While I swear allegiance to God, I have also sworn allegiance to my country, and the principles it was founded upon. That is, I have the right to worship, and fags have the right to copulate, buddhists have the right to hit each other with sticks, and so on and so forth.

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Everyone is entitled to this.

And again, it is also futile to wipe out homosexuality. Just like prohibition, this amendment will be repealed if it ever goes through. So what's the point of even trying to pass it?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niedziejkore wrote:

quote:
well, wouldn't you be upset with christians if you were gay?
Yes because when you live in sin, you are a slave to satan. Understanding that you are living in sin on purpose and defying God's Word is hard to accept when you have your mind set that you won't change and you will continue to defy God and live in sin. The Truth hurts, but it must be told.

quote:
It goes too far because not only does it ban gay marriage, which is fine, it bans any type of union linking two men or two women together.

This is one and the same thing. Unions, couples, acquaintances...what's the difference? It's all the same thing and to allow one is to allow society to view sin as ok. I don't believe that is what God intends.

quote:
Why should they not be allowed to benefit from a program they as well put their tax dollars into?

Because that would be endorsing the sin and God has destroyed cities/people for these things.

quote:
what's wrong with polygamy? plenty of cultures do it. it's deep-rooted in systems of kinship.

not to say that i advocate it in any way, but who cares?

One man and one woman. The Bible tells us so. So, to answer the first question, it's wrong in God's eyes.

Second, there were/are systems in some cultures that allow sacrifices, genocide etc. Should we endorse those as well?

Third, God cares! Why do you think He has almost completely wiped out the world before? And why do you think He is going to judge the world soon? Sin is sin! GOD CARES!

quote:
i understand that, but homosexuality has been around from the beginning of time, and homosexuality occurs in nature as well. primate species exhibit homosexual tendencies. I don't think gorillas and chimpanzees are satan's little demons.

Some animals eat their young. Perhaps we should try that as well? We are half way there anyway with the practice of abortion.

quote:
The amendment would turn us in the direction of a fascist theocracy. First we take away their rights to marry.
Marriage was given to us by God as a union between a MAN AND A WOMAN. God does NOT tell us that that unions/marriage can/should be between a man and a man or woman and a woman.

I will pray for you. You obviously have issues with homosexuality and should resort back to His Word. Sin is sin. To say otherwise is called idolatry which is a sin itself. You must read His Word with an open heart to understand what it means. It doesn't say to 'hate' homosexuals. But as Christians, we are to guide them out of sin and into a life of Christ. It's plain and simple. Remember, He will judge us on the things we DIDN'T do too. If we don't stand up for what is right in God's eyes, we are not being scriptural or obeying Him. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. [Leviticus 18:22]

'Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness. [Leviticus 18:17]

'Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion. [Leviticus 18:23]

'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. [Leviticus 20:13]

The whole book of Leviticus can't simply be ignored in order to justify sin. God gave us His Word and we must abide by it.

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niedziejkore, I believe you are incorrect; homosexuality was not around in the beginning of time. If that were the case than God would have created Adam (male) Eve (female) (There is no indications that Adam and Eve was gay) and God probably would have created a another pair at the same time perhaps Sam (male) who turn to Sally female and Jane (female) who turn to John. Organs and all, No such thing indicated in the Bible. Homosexuals can not reproduce; the women who came to be homosexual always come back to a male for his sperm or seek a sperm bank when they want to parent a child. Something is wrong with this picture. Homosexuality can not be justified Biblical or otherwise shape of form.

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Gen. 1:27 So God created people in his own image. God patterned them after himself; male and female he created.

God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

If you read the Song of Solomon it's proof of God's intention that the male/female union be a perfect blueprint of what love should be. We are defying God's authority if we try a different lifestyle.

The parts are anatomically made to fit together. There are male/female parts in plumbing and if you don't fit them together properly it is virtually impossible for it to work.

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i understand that, but homosexuality has been around from the beginning of time, and homosexuality occurs in nature as well. primate species exhibit homosexual tendencies. I don't think gorillas and chimpanzees are satan's little demons.

So I don't think homosexuality is unnatural, which is why I think said amendment goes a bit too far.

The amendment would turn us in the direction of a fascist theocracy. First we take away their rights to marry. What next? will we take away their rights to be openly homosexual? Ban them from speaking out in the media? It's frightening policy we're toying with.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has always been my opinion that as a male or female we already have been awarded certain rights. So if you are homosexuals you are still a male or a female regardless of which role you have chosen to play and have no right to demand any rights out side of the male female role. There has not been a new breed of humans sense the beginning of time. It’s time to stop pacifying Satan and throwing band aids over our eyes . . . Think about it.

Just my opinion

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

what's wrong with polygamy? plenty of cultures do it. it's deep-rooted in systems of kinship.

not to say that i advocate it in any way, but who cares?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

well, wouldn't you be upset with christians if you were gay? Especially in light of this amendment, which goes too far.

It goes too far because not only does it ban gay marriage, which is fine, it bans any type of union linking two men or two women together.

This is a direct violation of the constitution, so that explains why they need an amendment to do it. I am terribly upset over this because i don't believe it is right to put anything in the constitution that would restrict liberties. Historically, constitutional amendments' role is to expand liberties i.e. the civil rights movement.

The thing I hear people complain about homosexual unions the most is, "Oh, well they want social security benefits. i'm paying enough" But homosexuals pay taxes too. Why should they not be allowed to benefit from a program they as well put their tax dollars into?

Another thing is that some people argue that homosexuality is a choice, and they don't constitute a group in america that deserves civil rights. But our religion, christianity, is also a choice, protected by the constitution to be able to worship freely. So, why are homosexuals left out?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

HisGrace
unregistered

I saw part of Larry King Live last night.What gets me is that homosexuals insist that we hate them. I have known many gays/lesbians and certainly am not even tempted to hate them.

Canada is just a breath away from passing legislation to make same-sex marriages legal. Prime Minister Martin is strongly pushing for "minority rights."

The opposition leader is saying that this will open the door for polygamy rights and the prime minister insists it won't.

A few days after this exchange, guess what. There was a headline in a local newspaper. "He was an ideal immigrant, except he had two wives." This involves a entrepeneur from Kuwait who is legally married, with two wives.

"The immigration officer considered them ideal candidates to begin a new life in Canada. They had $1 million in assets, $330,00 in the bank and no criminal convictions. They were fluent in English and French.

Moreover, their application had a humanitarian angle. The family was living in Kuwait when Saddam Hussein invaded. and the war split them up. They wanted to reunite in Canada. The plan was to settle in the Maritimes, a region of Canada that sorely needed the human and financial resouces the family would bring. The immigration officer felt that each of the applications "can be accepted - on its own merits" - he even used the word 'emphatically'."

Can you even imagine the Pandora's box that would be opened if same-sex marriage were legalized - What next? This family would certainly be poster children for legalizing polygamy as well.

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, i hate those arguments too.

all the gay couples that I know argue as much, if not more, than straight couples.

Also, most of the gay people that I know are very unhappy people.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reading the transcript & and am getting very frustrated!  -

It is so ridiculous when people raise the following argument, "Would you rather have children raised by a loving gay couple, or a heterosexual couple that argue, are abusive, etc?" As if those are the only two options. So, I guess all gay people have healthy relationships, are never verbally or physically abusive, argue, cheat, etc. Anyway, back to the transcript...

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Here's the transcript: [Wink]

America's Most Influential Evangelicals

Ripp
unregistered

[Frown] Wish I would have posted earlier to give a longer warning.

Larry King attacked for the full hour on the issue of gays, abortion etc. He seemed very angry to me and so did some of the callers. I can't imagine the email he is getting this morning. He said that they would have them on again and since it was probably the first ratings boost for a CNN program in awhile, it shouldn't be long.

It was amazing to me to watch them twist scripture and make excuses for everything. It is true that we as Christians are hated. When we stand up against abortion and homosexuality, we are attacked viciously. It really opened my eyes to understand how lost I was 8 months ago. When you are in a sea of sin, you really are blind to the truth. We will just have to pray 'harder' for the lost. [Wink]

God bless and stay strong. [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could have been able to watch this. How did it go?
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

-
Ripp
unregistered

I urge all of you to watch the repeat of the Larry King show tonight with Tim Lahaye, Franklin Graham, T.D. Jakes and others. Wow are we close. I finally realize how easily the lost will be directed by the AC in the end times. Those that can't see Jesus, are surely blinded. Day after day, I am more convinced that the time is near. Please watch if you get a chance.

God bless and stay strong! [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement