Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Expected Events Of The Present And Future

Author Topic: Expected Events Of The Present And Future
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen and Hallelujah! My heart flutters at the thought of the birth pangs quickening and accelerating rapidly toward labor. I praise and thank the Lord for tarrying in His return, for His mercy toward us that more might be saved, but my heart yearns to be with Him!!

I pray for the salvation of the lost in my family and in every nation and land. I pray for boldness in my life and for His light to shine through me to reach those who are lost and hurting. But mostly, I pray, Maranatha, come quickly Lord Jesus.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vinc
Advanced Member
Member # 3701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vinc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Expected Events Of The Present And Future

1) Period of Great Tribulation ( Matthew 24:1-29, Luke 21:6-36 ) :-

(a) Apostasy of the Church. ( 2 Thessalonians 2:3 )
(b) Rise of false Christs and false prophets. ( Matthew 24:5,23,24, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 )
(c) Wars and rumors of wars. ( Matthew 24:6 )
(d) Nation rising against nation. ( Matthew 24:7 )
(e) Famines, Pestilences and Earthquakes in diverse places. ( Matthew 24:7 )
(f) Gospel shall be preached to all nations as a witness. ( Matthew 24:14 )
(g) Rise of AntiChrist. ( Revelation Chapter 13 )
(h) Reign of AntiChrist for a 7-year period. ( Daniel 12:11-12 )
(i) Great Tribulation such as was never before in the history of earth nor ever shall happen again in the future. ( Matthew 24:21 )
(j) The Two Witnesses. ( Revelation 11:3-12 )
(k) Earth-shaking events. ( Luke 21:25,26 )
(l) Heaven-shaking events. ( Matthew 24:29, Luke 21:25,26 )

2) Second Coming of Lord Jesus Christ with Heavenly beings and Saints. ( Matthew 24:30,31 )

3) Fall of AntiChrist. ( Revelation 19:19-20 )

4) Devil (aka Satan) cast into bottomless pit for 1000 years so that he may not deceive the nations anymore. ( Revelation 19:19-20 )

5) Thousand years millennial rule of Lord Jesus Christ on earth. A reign of peace and righteousness by Lord Jesus Christ Himself. ( Revelation 20:1-7 )

6) Devil loosed to test people at the end of the thousand years millennial rule for a brief period. ( Revelation 20:7 )

7) Devil cast into Lake of Fire and Brimstone where Beast and False Prophet are present to be tormented day and night forever and ever. ( Revelation 19:20, 20:10 )

8 ) The Day of Judgement. The dead are judged according to their life written in the books. And whoever was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the Lake of Fire. ( Revelation 20:12-15 )

9) Old Earth and old Heaven pass away. ( 2 Peter 3:7,10, Revelation 21:1 )

10) God creates New Heaven and New Earth. ( 2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:1-4 )

11) New Jerusalem as a Holy City is formed for God and His children to dwell in peace and happiness forever and ever. ( Revelation 21:10 )

We need to be spiritually and mentally prepared for the above expected events. We need to pray, be rooted and grounded in the Word of God, have a personal relationship with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and be watchful always. During all the above events true Christians are bound to be persecuted for their faith. We are given a hope that during these times “Not even a hair on our head shall perish” ( Luke 21:18 ). We are urged to exercise a lot of patience ( Luke 21:19 ). Some others may have to become martyrs. Let us be bold for whether we live, it is for Christ and whether we die, it is for Christ. ( Philippians 1:21 )

May the Lord our God grant us unwavering faith, wisdom, discernment, endurance and courage to live as Witnesses and Overcomers for Him until the end. Amen.

-- Anonymous Christian

Posts: 29 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement