Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » U.N. Blames America For Natural Disasters

Author Topic: U.N. Blames America For Natural Disasters
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Unfortunately that information comes out of textbooks that also presents evolution as a fact where there is no scientific evidence to support it...Some of these textbooks which still "educate" students with "scientific evidence" for evolution with the "gill slits"(fairy tale)that are present on the developing human....lol.

i don't recall in my schoolbooks ever reading anything saying that evolution is a proven fact. What textbook are you reading?

However, textbooks are not the best source to learn about the scientific research because textbooks in general are not very specific, especially if you're talking about children's textbooks. You can't expect teachers to explain the mathematics that go into the big bang theory or even explain the details of Darwin's theory of evolution. all a teacher of gradeschool children should to is make their students aware of the theory. as their intellectual pursuits progress, then the child or teenager can ask questions and debate these theories. That's how education is supposed to work in my opinion. When they get into college they can then do their own research, and one they graduate, they can recieve funding to create (or work for) a team of scientists and delve deeper into the problems at hand. That's how science works. How far do you think we would get if all scientists went along with what logic tells them? We would get nowhere. Why? Because science is intended to both reinforce and question what we deem to be logical.

I seem to have gone off on a tangent there... what i indended to say is that what you read in textbooks barely scrapes the surface. textbooks, especially those used in grade shool through highschool are not going to have any ground shattering information. But there are scientific journals writen exclusively for this subject that you can read just by walking into any university library.

I can't stress how imperfect human logic has and always will be. At one time logically, jews were the source of all evil, and the only way to solve the world's problems was to eradicate them all. Logically, the earth was flat and you could fall off the face of the earth if you sailed out too far. Logically, you could fly by attaching feathers to your arms and flapping them incredibly fast.

Logic is never 100%. if the theories are false, the time will come when they are proven to be false. But to deny anyone into looking into them or teaching even the possibilities is idiotic, and we'll never get anywhere that way.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Uhm, the last ice age was actually caused by a rise in the earth's temperature. So, you're wrong about that. Yeah, on the surface it appears contradictory, however that is the nature of a PARADOX such as this.

It was ? Oh ....Wasn't that supposedly a few million years ago ? Thank goodness weve got scientists old enough to tell us how it was back then..lol

Go ahead with the paradox that defies scientific logic....I'm going to go put some coffee in the microwave and "freeze" it. [pound]

Unfortunately that information comes out of textbooks that also presents evolution as a fact where there is no scientific evidence to support it...Some of these textbooks which still "educate" students with "scientific evidence" for evolution with the "gill slits"(fairy tale)that are present on the developing human....lol.

quote:
Textbooks aren't going to change because someone who isn't a scientist thinks it sounds crazy. Doesn't it sound crazy that splitting a single atom can cause a massive amount of explosive energy more powerful than any destructive force of nature other than that of another astral body hitting the surface of the earth?

Well, uhhh no...Because we have scientific evidence and demonstration of the power unleashed by the spliting of an atom.

We're discussing an idea (global warming/ice age) that has no evidence and flows against logic...You're trying to compare tried and tested scientific fact with an untried and unproven theory...There is a difference between the two....

I know textbooks won't take it out...Just like they didn't take out the picture of a developing human and called the folds of skin gill slits...It didn't take long to figure out that was false but it's still in the textbooks.

quote:
You're the one who looks silly when you fail to acknowlede all of the scentific research done within the last century and dumb science down to "if it sounds crazy, it must be crazy".
Sorry, I've looked at the "research" and the evidence is lacking and flows against logic...Just like the idea that the universe began without God.
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun...

quote:
What war in USA history depict what language we speak day?

WHY these languages? do you know?

If i understand the question, you're asking what war had the most influence on what primary language our country speaks?

I'm sure there are a few possible answers. my insight would say it was the French and Indian War, or seven years war where england acquired all french territory east of the mississippi, thus driving the french out of the area directly next to the original 13 colonies. Had the french won the war, they would have easily taken the thirteen colonies and we all would probably be speaking French right now.

My other answer is the many wars we had with the native american tribes who once roamed this land, where we committed acts of genocide along with the sytematic assimilation of their youth through schools. The language of the land was at one time tribal.

Why do we speak it? Under british rule, it was pretty much required that all important documentation, legal or otherwise would have to be written in the english language as ordered by the crown.

quote:
Is the United States an UN to itself?
No, because it is still one country no matter how many states we have because we are all bound under federal law and the constitution. However, the similarity is there in which we ARE a Union of States. But because we answer to a higher authority such as the whitehouse, we are not a union of nation-states unto ourselves. For example, States do not have the power to declare war, which is a right reserved by the whitehouse.

quote:
Aha, but will the U.N. also blame America when the asteroid slams into the planet??
No, because most of us will all be dead.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I trully believe the UN which probably more likely should be called the EU will leave the country of United States and move it to Geneva, Switzerland. After all that is where the money is. The money begat by murdering and robbing the poor and genocide of humanity. Locally speaking in the developed nations of the world it is more warmer in winter. For instance when a cloud of polution, covers the sky during the winter the tempetures are warmer for the most part. I can say this much before the US was a world power, Europe was more advanced and developed before the US ever was. The constituion of the USA allowed us to unite and become techincaly advance quicker over a shorter period of time because people are dying to get to our borders and live here. Is there any other nation under the sun that people would put their lives in danger to go to? We have virtually every nationality with in our borders and we harvest off that gift. We are the only country that has not declare a national language and religion? Do not assume English is the national language; it is assumed not declared. By rights United States should have the folowing languages declared a national languages: ENGLISH,SPANSH,GERMAN, FRENCH,DUTCH,HAWAIIAN, and RUSSIAN.

for trivia lovers here is a question. What war in USA history depict what language we speak day? Any takers

WHY these languages? do you know?

Is the United States an UN to itself?

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lunarius
Advanced Member
Member # 4205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lunarius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha, but will the U.N. also blame America when the asteroid slams into the planet??

hmm ..they just might.

[youpi] [Roll Eyes] [youpi]

--------------------
"Life is a song, love is the music"

Posts: 133 | From: Alabama (currently) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

quote:

Maybe since these guys at the U.N. think global warming is so bad they should ride to work on bicycles.

well, they usually do have to travel far distances... and quickly, i might add. After all, they are the people's government and SHOULD be able to get to their place of work in the least time consuming way, which is the automobile.

However, it matters not wether they drive automobiles when you look at the ratio of U.N. politicians to U.N. citizens. Europe is not known for having the greatest market for automobiles. And the automobiles people do own are very small compared to U.S. models, and the regulations placed on their auto companies such as volkswagon make sure their cars do not use a whole lot of gas to power them. very few europeans own SUV's, trucks, or vans because europeans have to design smaller cars for the old city roads that have been there for hundreds of years (consider that an American SUV can actually take up two-thirds or more of a two-lane road in Brussels), whereas the U.S. designs it's roads around their cars.

Have you ever been to europe? take a vacation there some time. I reccommend Belgium, Germany, Spain, oh, and the Norwegian and Irish countrysides are beautiful. Norway's a place where you can get a lot of culture, and some real peace and quiet if that's what you're looking for.

quote:

I also like the theory that global warming will cause an ice age...lol

Those global warming guys continue to contradict themselves..

O.k...They shout "global warming" meanwhile we get record setting cold temperatures...Then they say "global warming will cause an ice age". O.k...If the earth is warmer, then that means it's colder ?

That's like saying if the earth cooler it will cause global warming..

O.k....How long are people gonna believe this mess and allow it in the text books?

Uhm, the last ice age was actually caused by a rise in the earth's temperature. So, you're wrong about that. Yeah, on the surface it appears contradictory, however that is the nature of a PARADOX such as this.

You're the one who looks silly when you fail to acknowlede all of the scentific research done within the last century and dumb science down to "if it sounds crazy, it must be crazy". Textbooks aren't going to change because someone who isn't a scientist thinks it sounds crazy. Doesn't it sound crazy that splitting a single atom can cause a massive amount of explosive energy more powerful than any destructive force of nature other than that of another astral body hitting the surface of the earth?

Wait... that's preposterous! Take that out of our textbooks too! [Wink]

You guys act as if pollution isn't a bad thing. We pollute more than any other industialized nation on the planet... we refused to sign the Kyoto treaty, which was the kind of treaty you don't HAVE to enforce: you just sign it because it makes it look like you actually care (sort of) about the environment.

You're telling me that you'd rather corporations pollute as much as they wish? You don't think there are repercussions of that? If you don't, you have no imagination and no sense of history.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

NGCapnJack
Advanced Member
Member # 4238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NGCapnJack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
[pound] Exactly!

It's that sort of ignorance that is the problem. Our Earth is dying and I am absolutely certain much of it has to do with the pollution and waste we are creating. Just with my knowledge from grade 9 geography and grade 10 Chemistry I know what horrible affects we have been having, as a fact, on our environment, and although we didn't cause the Tsunami or those kinds of disasters, the truth is much of our world is deteriorating before our eyes and most of are either too ignorant or too lazy to do something about me - myself included!

I'm not a radical but I find it funny when people think everything is just fine, because you merely need to open your eyes slightly to understand that our earth, our God-given earth, is approaching a time of not being able to sustain such intelligent life on the planet. And Yes. It was primarily and mostly North America's fault. There is something called ecological footprints, and the good ol' U S of A has the biggest one, and drains the world of most of its resources. We waste greatly, we consume much more than we need, and we're only creating a bigger problem for future generations.

Unless of course we all die through war or the prophecies in revelation soon enough. Then I guess we have bigger problems, don't we?

--------------------
Arr matey, May the Lord Bless yer soul. [thumbsup2]

"The LORD is my Shepherd" (Psalm 23). [Cross]

Posts: 30 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[pound] Exactly!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe since these guys at the U.N. think global warming is so bad they should ride to work on bicycles.

I also like the theory that global warming will cause an ice age...lol

Those global warming guys continue to contradict themselves..

O.k...They shout "global warming" meanwhile we get record setting cold temperatures...Then they say "global warming will cause an ice age". O.k...If the earth is warmer, then that means it's colder ?

That's like saying if the earth cooler it will cause global warming..

O.k....How long are people gonna believe this mess and allow it in the text books?

Once again the scientific "elite" make themselves look silly.

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 11 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“…Behind the "1984"-like de-natural-ization of the disaster conference is, of course, the ongoing effort by the U.N. — a leading promoter of the unproven notion that humans are significantly altering global climate for the worse — to be able to blame people, as opposed to Nature, for deadly and costly occurrences such as hurricanes, floods, droughts, heat waves and the like.

And the particular people that the U.N. would most like to pin the blame for global warming (search) on would be deep-pocket Americans, American businesses and the American government. As the global warming alarmist community likes to point out, the U.S. is the largest single contributor to the alleged global warming, emitting 25 percent of all greenhouse gases (search) while possessing only 4 percent of the world’s population.

Toward the goal of blaming the U.S. for what used to be considered “natural disasters” in order to eventually extract financial compensation, the U.N. conference’s draft action plan is riddled with references to climate change [read, “U.S.-made climate change”] as causing or contributing to “disasters.”

The Bush administration rightly opposes the U.N.’s effort to de-naturalize disasters and has requested that the document’s references to climate change be removed. But U.N. officials oppose such changes.”

Full Story Here: U.N.: No 'Natural' Disasters?

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement