Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Russia ‘selling-out’ Israeli Weapons Secrets

Author Topic: Russia ‘selling-out’ Israeli Weapons Secrets
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In more news on Syria...

http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2005/january/01_21_3.html

SYRIA INTIMIDATES OPPOSITION ABROAD

WASHINGTON [MENL] -- Syria was said to have launched a campaign to intimidate the regime's opposition abroad.

Syrian opposition sources said agents of President Bashar Assad have been sending threats to opponents in Europe and the United States. They said the messages include e-mails that threatened to kill the children and relatives of opposition members.

"The Syrian Ba'ath party secret agents are on the prowl against Syrian opposition outside Syria," the Washington-based Reform Party of Syria said. "In what seems to be a deliberate policy, RPS members are getting threatening e-mails from Syrian agents. The e-mails are threatening to kill them, their children, and members of their immediate families."

On Nov. 6, Germany arrested a Syrian embassy staffer and charged him with espionage and issuing threats against the Syrian opposition in Europe. The staffer was said to be one of scores of Syrian nationals who work for the Assad regime and ordered to locate and intimidate opposition members.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42482

Russia, Syria work
super-weapons deal
Israel stunned by Kremlin double-cross,
as Assad shops for missiles in Moscow

“…Israel's main concerns are not so much about the sale of modern weapon systems to replace aging equipment in the Syrian military, but rather about Israeli technology incorporated in these systems offered by the Russians to their military hardware clientele.

A source in Jerusalem told G2 Bulletin Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, observing with some suspicion Assad's plan to visit the Kremlin, became truly alarmed as intelligence reports accumulated showing Russia is not only interested in selling hardware to the Syrians, but that it was using as bait supposedly secretive growing technological and scientific ties with Israel.

One report reveals the Russians had offered similar proposals to the Iranians and by doing so were blatantly breaching one by one understandings and agreements achieved with Israel over the past five years. This distressing development has an immediate effect on Israel's military ties with India, the emerging giant whose military industry is linked both to Israel and Russia…”

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement