Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Something interesting...

Author Topic: Something interesting...
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev. 12:
14: And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15: And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16: And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17: And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks SoftTouch for pointing that verse out.

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...I think soft answered it good
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I 'think' Laurie is referring to Matthew 24:
15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting LaurieFL, this is what I found on the Mountains in Revelation. Is this what you are referring to, if so would not this have taken place, before the mark of the beast episode with the buying and selling, again leaving all who do not accept the mark killed?

Rev. 6
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

--------------------

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It says pretty specifically right there in the verse you quoted that they would "worship the image of the beast" and that the power to grant breath to that image was given him )him being the false prophet, I believe). Sounds like a statue to me or perhaps a painting or image, but the statue seems more likely to me.

I may be misunderstanding your previous post Study, but I don't believe that everyone who refuses the mark will be killed. I believe that verse to mean that anyone who refuses the mark earns a death sentence if caught. I don't think everyone will be caught or they would not be told to flee into the mountains (Jewish remnant). I believe many Gentile believers that refuse the mark will go underground or be on the run. Many, many will be martyred, but probably not *all.*

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

From all my reading of Revelation, I do not recall any reading that specifies in what way the beast will be worshiped. Worship comes in many different forms.

I would say that if you accept the mark of the beast, you have acknowledged the beast as your master, ruler and or authority over your soul.

--------------------

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another interesting thing is the word worship....

Does it mean that everyone is going to get on their knees and bow down ?

Or does it mean they that have the mark are recognizing the authority of it by taking the mark ?

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Whitesands777

In reference to verse Rev. 13:16, please notice in the beginning of the verse it states, He causes all, not some .

So in my view everyone will have this mark. Now when I look at Rev. 13:15.

Rev. 13:15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

This verse says to me that, if you are not worshiping the beast you are going to be killed, so all other who have not been killed, will received the mark of the beast, because they are worshiping the beast.

Just my view.

Blessing!

--------------------

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

I just read Favorminded's post about the national I.D. being passed and the implications alarmed me to remember something that my attention was directed to in scripture concerning the mark of the beast.

I believe this is very important so please hear me out and give me your thoughts.

O.k.....Here it is...Almost everyone in the U.S. knows something or at one time has heard of the mark of the beast and that it would be on the right hand or forehead...Right ?

Well, let's carefully consider this verse in the Bible and pay close attention to what the bold parts might mean with the knowledge of the national I.D. that is coming.

Revelation 13

16"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

O.k...Here we have that a person can't buy or sell unless they have the mark....But here's the other big catch to it....The word or...

It appears to me that it won't be JUST a mark in the hand or forehead...It will be that AND somehow taking on the name of the beast or the number. So while some countries may actually enforce the mark there maybe other forms of it.

So, many Americans could be taking the name of the beast or the number of his name in some other form (national id ?)not realizing it because they "think" that they're safe by not having to take that mark (chip) in their hand.

Another scary thought....Someone could actually take the national I.D. or whatever and it's not mandatory for buying and selling for a while...BUT....Later on they pass a law making it mandatory after everyone already has it for the ability to buy and sell.

I don't know how it could be but the word OR implies that there may be another form required for buying and selling...Many could be deceived without knowing it because it was more than what they've always heard.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement