Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » U.S. To Strike Syria In Feb?

Author Topic: U.S. To Strike Syria In Feb?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found this article today (Thanks to Rapturenews.com [Wink] )

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20050111-105709-6329r.htm

U.S. Mulls Strikes On Syria
UPI – 1/13/05

“New York, NY, Jan. 11 (UPI) -- Bush administration hard-liners have been considering launching selected military strikes at insurgent training camps in Syria and border-crossing points used by Islamist guerrillas to enter Iraq in an effort to bolster security for the upcoming elections, according to former and current administration officials.

Pressure for some form of military action is also coming from interim Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, these sources said.

Some former and serving U.S. intelligence officials who have usually been opposed to any expansion of U.S. military activities in the region are expressing support for such strikes.

A former senior U.S. intelligence official told United Press International, "I don't usually find myself in sympathy with the Bush neo-cons, but I think there is enough fire under this smoke to justify such action."

Referring to the escalating attacks on U.S. forces in Iraq by Iraqi insurgents, he added, "Syria is complicit in the (anti-U.S.) insurgency up to its eyeballs."

"Syria is the No. 1 crossing point" for guerrillas entering Iraq," Gary Gambill, editor of the Middle East Intelligence Bulletin, said. He added that Damascus "does nothing about it."
An administration official said Syria has "camps in which Syrians are training Iraqis for the insurgency and others where Iraqis are training Syrians for the same purpose" which could be hit by U.S. air strikes.

Gal Luft, a former Israeli military official with ties to Israeli and U.S. intelligence, said, "I have heard of the same thing about the camps."

Recently, Gen. George W. Casey Jr., the top U.S. commander in Iraq, said that senior Baath Party officials from Iraq are operating from Syria where they provide financing and direction to the cells of Iraqi insurgents killing Americans, sparking new discussions within the administration about possible measures against Syria.

"There are all sorts of discussions going on, the White House, the Pentagon, the Joint Chiefs," said former CIA counterterrorism chief, Vince Cannistraro.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
You can read the rest of the article at the link above…

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frimpy:
The terrorists are still flocking to us in Iraq.

I think this might be the excuse they use to go into Syria. Syria has been funneling money and supplies (and terrorists) to Iraq all along. They're also hiding Saddams henchmen, and hosting weddings for Hamas Terrorists... However, with the news that no WMD was found in Iraq (gee, big surprise huh? LOL... they're in Syria!) and Sen. Kennedy doing all he can to make the war seem totally unfounded, I don't know if the Pres can get the ok from Congress to do it... but time will tell!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frimpy
Community Member
Member # 4073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frimpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it would make sense. There has been speculation that the WMDs were transported into Syria. But, unless its proved that the government had anything to do with it, I doubt that we would invade. The terrorists are still flocking to us in Iraq.

--------------------
Backslidden Christian, ready to come back. I'm so glad that God forgives.

Yahoo ID: billselby9773 Come say hi if you like.

Posts: 10 | From: Newberry/Columbia, SC | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 17 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=964

U.S. To Strike Syria In Feb?

Now, check out the prophecy regarding Damascus:

The following is from another board I’m a member of. I posted a question about these prophecies and here’s the answer I got…

Isaiah 17

1The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

2The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

3The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.

“In the above instance, Israel loses something too, much of the north (Tel Aviv) seems to be hurting, if not nearly destroyed, but a remnant remains and Jerusalem is safe. See Isa 17.”

Jeremiah 49

23Concerning Damascus. Hamath is confounded, and Arpad: for they have heard evil tidings: they are fainthearted; there is sorrow on the sea; it cannot be quiet.

24Damascus is waxed feeble, and turneth herself to flee, and fear hath seized on her: anguish and sorrows have taken her, as a woman in travail.

25How is the city of praise not left, the city of my joy!

26Therefore her young men shall fall in her streets, and all the men of war shall be cut off in that day, saith the LORD of hosts.

27And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall consume the palaces of Benhadad.

“This one has Damascus looking frightened, and then flattened. Note the first verse's mention of the "sorrow on the sea". If that means Mediterranean, it would be an obvious reference. Might it actually refer to something as offbeat as our recent Tsunami? If the timing is really this soon(Feb?), then maybe! This is an example of the way prophecy could be fulfilled , and we couldn't guess the meaning until after it was obvious! That's why I say, none of us prophecy buffs has it figured out. God WILL surprise us.

Now I am NOT saying that this is a reference to the Tsunami, just mentioning that things like this could be involved, either sooner or later. However, it says the sea can not be quiet, so if we have another Tsunami or two... buckle your seatbelts, I think the nuke's about to fall on Damascus. Benhadad, by the way, refers to the Rulers of Syria, who are being punished for cruelty to Israel. Hmmm.

Pure CONJECTURE... make nothing of it! Unless you see that happening...”

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement