Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » The Days Shall be Shorter

Author Topic: The Days Shall be Shorter
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Ok, point well taken, but what just happend only shortned the day by such a miniscule amount that none of us will even notice. Unless this is to happen several more times, therefore speeding up the earth even more. I guess time will tell?

Maybe there will be another event that will make this occur like you say...The one thing is that now we have proof that a catastrophic event can speed it up.

I wonder what effect such an event would have on the climate ?

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prophecy is indeed beig fulfilled at an accelerating rate - Nothing has moved land mass like this before...

We have more tornadoes, hurricanes, earth quakes, tidal waves, disease, outbreaks of insects, signs in the heavens, genocidal murder, war, all at the same time than ever before in history.

The centrality of the wars and the outbreaks of pestilences and the enormity of the suffering, combined with never before seen weather patterns, sun in should be snow places and blizzards in should be warm spots, UFO's in concentrations never before seen or reported, tornadoes and earth quakes in places they have never been (Diverse places) - Hurricanes and destructive weather like never before, locusts, mosquitoes, and diseased insects of other types spreading pestilence in never before seen areas, wonders in the heavens like never before seen, earth moving events and death tolls of biblical proportions, and the advanced promotion of drive for peace like never before - Particularly by the US and Tony Blair -

All while the UN is on the verge of borrowing more money than ever before in History, by the EU controlled ONE WORLD Bank, which if done, will have the UN over a barrel to save the 11 countries in turmoil now, and when the EU calls the loan, no one will be able to pay it back, the UN will be backed into a corner.

I would be curious to hear how how those who say that Left Behind was WRONG would see it now - SInce that is almost the exact scenario "Fictionally Prophesied" in the Left Behind first film -

We are seeing it unfold first hand - As a result of the recent disasters in Japan, Australia, all the islands south of Florida, Florida, Asia, and more... All within only a few short months - Not to mention the tennis ball sized hail that left 500,000 people with out power right here in America recently -

Look UP!

Our redemption IS drawing nigh.... AMEN!!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, point well taken, but what just happend only shortned the day by such a miniscule amount that none of us will even notice. Unless this is to happen several more times, therefore speeding up the earth even more. I guess time will tell?

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think you guys are misinterpreting that scripture. God said he would shorten the days (number of days... not time in a day) for the sake of the Elect.
I really think it would have to be an actual shortening of the length of each day..Here is why.

We have the prophecy of the 7 year period and the events that will occur during a 3 1/2 year period....The actual number of days are set in Bible prophecy so it would have to be the shortening of the length of each day.

Think about it this way...Suppose you have someone with cancer. and they are given the possibility of living a maximum of 4.67 years...

Now ask yourself...How could this person possibly live 7 years and be saved if the time limit is 4.67 ?

How could the number of days in Bible prophecy be fullfilled and at the same time shorten the day ? The only answer is to speed up the earth's rotation.

Suppose you shorten up the days by 1/3 which would turn what is normally 4.67 years into 6.99 years(as close to 7 as I can calculate).

What you would have is an actual fullfillment of the number of days but the linear distance of the time line is shortened.

By quickening the rotation of the earth the actual time is shortened but the number of days are fullfilled...

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct you are. The island moved an estimated 100 feet. In California the most massive earthquakes have only moved it about 2 inches.

The most devistating earthquake was in China in the 1800's that killed 850,000 people in a single day.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Revelation 6:14 And the heavens departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places

wasnt there an island that moved about 120 feet?

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I beleive that scripture could infact be talking about the hours in a day... there is nothing to say that it isn't.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 24: 21For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now–and never to be equaled again. 22If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.

I think you guys are misinterpreting that scripture. God said he would shorten the days (number of days... not time in a day) for the sake of the Elect.

The amount of time we've lost in the day is so miniscule that none of us will even notice it.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

I just thought it was crazy. That is the first thing that poped into my mind when I read that. So I thought I would share.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/12/29/quake.wobble.reut/index.html

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement