Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » End Times: What are we waiting for?

Author Topic: End Times: What are we waiting for?
TRUSTNHIM
Member # 4097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRUSTNHIM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me the importance of knowing the time we are in helps me to stay faithful to the word of God. 2 Thess 2 says that the antichrist will appear before Jesus Christ returns....but that antichrist cannot appear unless there first comes a falling away from orthodoxy in the church. I used to think that was talking about the mainline liberal type churches, now I see just how widespread the apostacy really is. All the signs are pointing to the fact that the world is coming into the horrible grip of a world wide dictatorship, a police state if you like. Look to Nazi Germany for the parralell. It's happening all over again. They thought Hitler was such a Godly man, a good christian boy!? Oh, he went to church, he prayed, he planned , he plotted, and he deceived the people.Have you ever considered that we could all be in a dictatorship like Stalin's, complete with Gulag prison camps etc long before the actual antichrist appears or the rapture? Trust in Him! Remember, the German people were so patriotic that they were blind to the true nature of the beast leading them. Also on that note,"Some trust in Princes, some in chariots, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God"Don't trust the political leaders or the T.V and papers that they control, trust in the Lord and His Word. If anything, when reading the media, look for the true story in the opposite direction of what is being reported.Love you all.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a joy to know that we are not crazy. We see with our Father's eyes unlike the world in general- life remits and goes right along. What are we waiting for? I believe we are waiting for the call of the King of kings. You know we sing a Christmas song named "Joy to The World The Lord has come". I was told this song eludes to the second coming of Christ and not the first coming.When Jesus came the first time it was to bridge the gap and become our advocator to the Father.He willingly became our Saviour. The second time as our King. Only God knows when the rapture will occur. The time is ripe and harvest time is almost over.

Some people believe many views of Christ return. Most believe that the rapture will happen before the tribulation (pre-trib); Some believe during the half way of the tribulation; while others believe it won't happen and that it is a state of mind. Anyway regardless Jesus is coming again, when -It is up to Him .

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onesog
Community Member
Member # 4169

Icon 2 posted      Profile for onesog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brethren, Jesus of Nazareth tells us, "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." (Luke 21:28)

While NO ONE knows the "hour or the day" (Matthew 24:36) we can (and are expected to) know the season, So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. (Matthew 24:33)

What are the signs of the end?
(2 Timothy 3:1-9)
[1 ] This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
[2 ] For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
[3 ] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
[4 ] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
[5 ] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
[6 ] For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
[7 ] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
[8 ] Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
[9 ] But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

--------------------
(1 John 3:2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Posts: 17 | From: Arizona | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 24:

42“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the Jews looked for the Messiah they thought He would come as a King. They didn't expect a baby born in a manger. The expected a Mighty Warrior who would liberate Israel from Roman Rule, and they got a crucified prophet.

Just to point out, that none of us should think we have all the end time prophecies all neatly wrapped in a "box".

If the Pharisees and Saducees who studied the Torah all their lives couldn't see the signs of the times, we should also be aware that, we can miss the mark in how we perceive the prophecies will come to pass.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wars, rumors of wars, famine, pestilence, bad weather, and geological events all are said in Biblical prophecy to increase in magnitude and number as the time approaches. Also, certain political events (often pertaining to Israel) are prohesied to be very key developments that will occur prior to the tribulation.

I think that is why many of us keep our eyes on certain things, because we believe they are precurosrs to the return of our Bridegroom! Also, it gives a sense of urgency to our witnessing and may also be used as a persuasive tool when attempting to evangelize.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KjTsion
Member # 4165

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KjTsion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I am still somewhat new here, but I study the End times quite often and all I really can say about this subject being on the board is this: "Matt 24:36 No man knows the day, nor the hour, not even the Angels, but only my Father" We should not expect to see anything just yet about end time prophecy due to the fact that most of the events will not occur until after the rapture and the true time of tribulation will not begin until the sigining of the covenant with Israel. From that day (The day of the signing) is when the 7 year period officially starts so my question is this:
How can we look to the news for prophetic events when most of them will not occur until after the rapture? We cannot even hope to relate our current events to those of the end times, it is nearly impossible to do so. Only after the rapture will we begin to look for the signing of a treaty with Israel, but by that time most of us will probably be gone I would hope, if for some reason anyone who reads this message would remain, look into the book of Revelation for the next seven years to find out what to expect. I will post again soon, until that time my friends, God Speed and God Bless
KjTsion

--------------------
Let the Glory of the Lord be our Rear Guard.

Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement