Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » UN Wants Internet Control

Author Topic: UN Wants Internet Control
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
The Rabbi at the Center said some of these folklores are people who lead the people. The messenger Rabbi said , was one who trust the unspoken name. I asked him, Yeshua of Nazaret, he said Dah-Ti(Yes indeed) I had asked Rabbi if he believed the Messia was Yeshua of Nazaret, he would only stare but would not acknowledge. I told of my plight of a Ladino Jew and How I came to accept Him as the true Messia, He just cried. I gave Him a hand printed tract in Yiddish/Ladino/French. I told him my compter does not write Hebrew Characters, So I use handprint.

God Bless you Brother Eduardo for your Faithfulness! For allowing the Lord to use you to plant HIS Truth in the heart of that Rabbi. I pray it will find fertile soil and grow strong in the Root (which IS Yeshua)! Amen! [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you, always appreciated.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toda Rabaht (Thank You very much Niedziejkore) After reading again in the light you have given, it becomes clearer. The Rabbi at the Center said some of these folklores are people who lead the people. The messenger Rabbi said , was one who trust the unspoken name. I asked him, Yeshua of Nazaret, he said Dah-Ti(Yes indeed) I had asked Rabbi if he believed the Messia was Yeshua of Nazaret, he would only stare but would not acknowledge. I told of my plight of a Ladino Jew and How I came to accept Him as the true Messia, He just cried. I gave Him a hand printed tract in Yiddish/Ladino/French. I told him my compter does not write Hebrew Characters, So I use handprint.

Again Toda Rabaht e Simon Tov Ben de Yeshua
( Thank You Very much and much congradulating for you Family of Jesus)

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"His blood is black and they that lived by it are his disciple"
Well, the quote actually serves more to draw a parallel between oil and "Satan's blood", which is the language the author obvoiusly uses to bring his point across... and i must say I like his use of words, but they are a bit misleading.

I can not say that oil is evil, after all it is inanimate and is the result of the natural process of decomposition of life. But I don't believe the author is adressing that. What I do believe he is adressing is the folly of human greed that would be built around oil that we see today in our government's goal in trying to have control over the world's oil supply.

Is worship the right word for it? Probably, probably not. Our government admits to having a reverent devotion toward oil, giving oil companies increasing power as the years go on. Bush Jr. and Sr. make this no secret. However, I don't think it's really as much a love for oil as it is a love for money.

That's what I think about it.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading some of the folklore of the middle east. I found this book in the Library at this Jewish Center. It was written in Ladino.

"Quote many who were called to worship, heard from the Messenger-"His blood is black and they that lived by it are his disciple"- Get this- the first place to use oil as it's wealth was of all places-Iraq- But it wasn't called Iraq.

The name of this book translated is " Foklore of the Desert Wanderers" by Benjamin Bardin-Alec
written in 1840.

I often wonder if there is any truth to this. Is Satan's blood black and those who are ruled by it, are they worshiping it.

What do you all think about this?

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mohawk:
Another related topic is the U.S.'s recent total embracing of the Palestine issue--a slap in the face to Isreal! I don't want to think of how huge a can of God's judgement we've opened with that one.

No Doubt! Did you read the news for today about Abbas? He stands by Arafat's agenda of inihliating the Jews through the 'right of return' for the PA refugees.
 -

I hope Bush is paying attention! And I Seriously hope those who say he is an "Illumanti Puppet" are wrong... but I've got a bad feeling [Frown] Time will tell but God's Will will be done no matter how this turns out [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you reading this, Ripp??

The UN move was predictable, in retrospect. As a poster above noted, government outlaws anything it can't control, or at least siphen money from.

These may be the fleeting glory days of the web.

It seems to all go hand-in-hand with how Christmas is under seige this year to a degree that even leaves last year far behind! Hank Hannegraff (sp) says we live in a "post-Christian" era in the U.S., and every day he becomes more and more correct on that, sadly. Another related topic is the U.S.'s recent total embracing of the Palestine issue--a slap in the face to Isreal! I don't want to think of how huge a can of God's judgement we've opened with that one.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Things like this have caused me to have a burden to transcribe as much of my Bible as I can into various notebooks and to memorize what I can as well (difficult, due to a poor ability to retain things anymore). We may see the day in the not-so-distant future where it is not legal to possess a "hate-filled document" such as the Bible.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very scary thought. Thanks for posting this Deb.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by rancan6776:
it would not surprise me one bit if one of the hidden agendas would be to completely wipe out all Christian websites. [Eek!]

I completely agree and I think that's where it's all headed.

As far as our Government having control, that doesn't bother me because (as yet) America's government isn't trying to do away with Faith based things. Now that may change in 2008 depending on who becomes our next president.

The issue here is having the UN (which is Very Anti-Christ) in control of the internet and it's content. If this happens, you can bet your bottom dollar that all Christian sites will be somehow forced off the internet (or regulated to the point where they become ineffective). That's where I see this leading.

--------------------

Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it any wonder that this would occur. Lets' face it- this a part of the end times events.
and it is going to try to unite itself in One currency, One tenant of Faith, One language, One Nation. etc.. The Beast is coming alive or made known. 1- North American Federation of States
2- Latin American Federation of States
3- United States of Europe
4- United African States
5- United Holy Land states
6- Federation of United Asian States
7- United Pacific States
8- District of Papal Supremacy
9- Federation of United Scandinavian States
10-Federation of Indian States

What if the above are considerations and national borders are erased. The capital of the world is housed in Geneva,Switzerland. What if the UN is moved to Switzerland. What are eight languages of the UN. By far I think (but I do not know for sure) It is English, German, Arabic, French, Chinese, Russian, Hindi, Spanish.

Parental Rights are challenge today. The right to pursue God will have to go underground, like it is in some countries already.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the thing:

If any of us think for one second that the Government doesn't already have controll over the internet, we are dead wrong. If the Government can't controll something it becomes illegal... bottom line. The Government can tell where you go, what you say, what you do, etc. They can do pretty much what ever they want when they want.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it would not surprise me one bit if one of the hidden agendas would be to completely wipe out all Christian websites. [Eek!]
Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They can’t even govern the countries. How are they going to govern the Internet? This is just another way for them to get their hands in the pot. Here comes the hidden cameras in the computers/Internet sites. [Frown] I remember awhile back somebody wanted to impose a 5-cent cost on sending emails.

Bring out the petitions.

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Softtouch, for the info, [thumbsup2]

Just think a group that has misplaced 21 BILLION DOLLARS WANT TO HELP CONTROL THE INTERNET. [Confused]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2004/nov/04111602.html

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

United Nations Body Set up to Make Recommendations on Governing Internet
NEW YORK, November 16, 2004 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The United Nations has established a working group on Internet "governance", to prepare for a decision on the issue to be made at the World Summit on the Information Society (second phase), to be held in Tunis in November 2005.

The task of this Working Group is to organize an open dialogue on Internet Governance, and to bring recommendations on this subject to the Summit.

The two documents adopted by the Geneva Summit -- the Declaration of Principles and the Plan of Action -- asked the Working Group "to investigate and make proposals for action, as appropriate, on the governance of the Internet by 2005."

Among other things, the Group was requested to identify the public policy issues that are relevant to Internet governance. The Working Group will include 40 members from governments, private sector and civil society, representing all regions.

The two Summit documents call for an "open and inclusive" process and "a mechanism for the full and active participation of governments, the private sector and civil society from both developing and developed countries, involving relevant intergovernmental and international organizations and forums."

LifeSiteNews.com director Steve Jalsevac expressed concern over the development. "The Internet community should monitor this process very carefully considering the United Nation's tendency to impose its ideological views on a global basis," he said. "The UN has no respect for the sovereignty of nations regarding its dearly held ideological positions on life and family and thus will have little concern for businesses, organizations and individuals which contravene UN orthodoxy."

See list of the individual members of the working group at:
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2004/nov/041116a.html

Read former LifeSiteNews.com coverage:
United Nations Control of the Internet Rejected Until 2005
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2003/dec/03120904.html
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well folks, we may have only a year left on this BBS (or any other Christian site). It might be prudent to copy any material you find to a disk or print it out for future use... even though that may become a crime to even have such information in the future  -

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement