Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » 11/14/04 END TIMES NEWS

Author Topic: 11/14/04 END TIMES NEWS
fp1490
Member # 4048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fp1490     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah,my sunday school teacher was talking about like when the people try to move arafat from his grave into israel,thats when you know you need to get ready for the end times.but the israeli's won't let them bury arafat in israel.so....
what do you think??lol

Posts: 5 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has been theorized before Bat. Most say D.C. or New York but a well placed nuke in Houston would be more devastating I think. With all the refineries there, oil prices would go through the roof and probably cause our economy to implode. Not to mention the loss of life. Let's pray all this nuke talk is just that. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is scary about the stolen plane.

Maybe we need to pray for the large Southern Cities that are potential targets. Like Houston?

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting that Bro! I tried several times to get the link to work but couldn't.

Wow, that news about the stolen plane is scary stuff... I'm thinking they'd try for a southern target close to the Mexician boarder. I don't think they'd make it too far because our Air Force would probably shoot them down once they're noticed and unidentified.

Have you seen the movie "Sum of all fears?" Pretty wild stuff... the scary part is that it could happen.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Laurie,

Lots of scary stuff out there. I read that coalition article awhile ago and thought it very interesting. Especially since China and Russia are mentioned in the end times events to come. Lots of sub activity as well, the Chinese sub in Japanese waters and now this one:

Western Submarine Slipped Into Israeli Waters
web page

You know, countries really shouldn't be sending subs into other countries waters. Way too many nukes out there and all it takes is one trigger happy idiot to turn this planet into glass. The scary thing is, lets say that a terrorist organization were to get a hold of a nuclear sub. Money will buy just about anything these days. Especially in the former Soviet Union. Oh well, we all know something is coming, it's just a matter of when.

Maranatha! [Prayer]

Ripp
unregistered

Looks like you need a new  - [Big Grin]

Here ya go Soft: [Wink]

N O T E B O O K
Bordering On Nukes?
New accounts from al-Qaeda to attack the U.S. with weapons of mass destruction
By ADAM ZAGORIN

Sunday, Nov. 14, 2004
A key al-Qaeda operative seized in Pakistan recently offered an alarming account of the group's potential plans to target the U.S. with weapons of mass destruction, senior U.S. security officials tell TIME. Sharif al-Masri, an Egyptian who was captured in late August near Pakistan's border with Iran and Afghanistan, has told his interrogators of "al-Qaeda's interest in moving nuclear materials from Europe to either the U.S. or Mexico," according to a report circulating among U.S. government officials.

Masri also said al-Qaeda has considered plans to "smuggle nuclear materials to Mexico, then operatives would carry material into the U.S.," according to the report, parts of which were read to TIME. Masri says his family, seeking refuge from al-Qaeda hunters, is now in Iran.

Masri's account, though unproved, has added to already heightened U.S. concerns about Mexico. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge met publicly with top Mexican officials last week to discuss border security and smuggling rings that could be used to slip al-Qaeda terrorists into the country. Weeks prior to Ridge's lightning visit, U.S. and Mexican intelligence conferred about reports from several al-Qaeda detainees indicating the potential use of Mexico as a staging area "to acquire end-stage chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear material." U.S. officials have begun to keep a closer eye on heavy-truck traffic across the border. The Mexicans will also focus on flight schools and aviation facilities on their side of the frontier. And another episode has some senior U.S. officials worried: the theft of a crop-duster aircraft south of San Diego, apparently by three men from southern Mexico who assaulted a watchman and then flew off in a southerly direction. Though the theft's connection to terrorism remains unclear, a senior U.S. law-enforcement official notes that crop dusters can be used to disperse toxic substances. The plane, stolen at night two weeks ago, has not been recovered.

— With reporting by Syed Talat Hussain

I think this is what was on Fox, the part about the plane.

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scary story about Russian plans regarding the formation of an anti-US coalition.

http://indiadaily.com/editorial/11-10-04.asp

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

It must be your computer. I can get it fine. [Frown] Try refreshing in the middle of loading it.

You know, I was just watching Fox and they were talking about a possible nuke threat from a missing plane in Mexicano near San Diego. They said that three people overtook a guard or something and took off with the plane south. I'm starting to think there's more to this than we know about. [Frown]

I don't have any links, it was on Fox. If I see something later in print I will post it. Pray!

Maranatha!! [Prayer]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
Bordering On Nukes?  -

I can't seem to get this link to fully link [Frown] Can you post the article here please? Thanks Bro. (Maybe it's just my computer... once again it's acting flakey 'ugh' If this one goes it will be the fourth time in less then six months!)

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

UPDATED AS NEWS BREAKS

- END TIMES NEWS FOR 11/14/04  -

END TIMES PICK(S) OF THE DAY:

Presbyterian Church Receives Arson Threat
web page

French consider naming streets after Arafat  -
web page

TERRORISM:

Insurgents Storm Police Stations in Mosul, Mutilated Body of Western Woman Found in Fallujah
web page

Bordering On Nukes?  -
web page

Message on Web site warns of possible attack on Fifth Fleet
web page

Islamist Groups Vow to Spread Fight Across Iraq
web page

WEATHER/PLAGUE/PESTILENCE:

TECHNOLOGY/SCIENCE:

Plans to X-Ray Mummy of Tutankhamun to Find Cause of Death
web page

NASA aims to bust new speed barriers in test flight Monday  -
web page

Vaccine may protect against cervical cancer
web page

RFID tags to be tried for tracking prescription drugs
web page

'Computer rage' a growing problem
web page

ISRAEL/MIDDLE EAST:

In Temple Mount Dirt.
web page

Gunfire Erupts at Gaza Memorial for Arafat
web page

Iran Says Nuclear Talks in'Final Stages'
web page

U.S.

Researcher Alleges Harvard Was Warm to Nazis at University Events in the 1930s
web page

Bush: Peace depends on democratic PA
web page

Fidelity to the Bible Requires Belief In "A Literal, Recent, Six-Day Creation"
web page

Dollar's Decline Is Reverberating
web page

Gay Marriage Fight Goes On, One Year Later
web page

Group helps nursing home residents connect with God
web page

Churches put faith in mass mailing of film
web page

WORLD:

Muslims Say Their Faith Growing Fast in Africa  -
web page

Canada's largest Protestant church opposes efforts by some clergy to unionize
web page

Dutch Muslims Dismayed by Anti-Islamic Backlash
web page

Please feel free to copy and paste these on separate posts for discussion.

Get More Prophecy News @ FAVORMINDED.COM

FREE TRACTS!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement