Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Free Masonry

Author Topic: Free Masonry
in_awe
First Post
Member # 3944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for in_awe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i live in deep east texas. (Bible belt) when my eyes were opened to this mason stuff i was really amazed at the number of babtist preachers that belong in the masons. it is a very large percentage, in this particular area. [Eek!]
Posts: 1 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masonry is basically a fraternal organization despite the fact that it has religious overtones. When I inquired as to the origin of the organization, I was told that it started back in the 17th century and was one of the chief organizations that opposed the political ambitions of the Roman church.

King Emmanuel II, the founder of modern Italy was a Mason as well as many of his cohorts. As a secret organization, it was effective in uniting the various Italian states and in the demise of the Papal States. That was one of the reasons why the Vatican declared membership in Masonry to be a mortal sin.

Most of the religious aspects of the organization come from Deism - the belief in a supreme being, howbeit, not necessarily the same as the God of the Bible. While you will find some evangelical Christians in the organization, many of its leaders are not Christians and in some cases, will denounce some Christian beliefs. The Scotish Rites are basically for the secularist, whereas the York Rites cater to those that have Christian beliefs.

My family was involved with the local lodge and my father was a 32nd degree Mason. It was that organization that led him into living a higher moral standard as he had a drinking problem and quit after joining the lodge. I was a Master Mason, but left the lodge as I really did not see any useful purpose in belonging to the organization. Like anything else, there were some things that I admired about the organization while there were other things that I rejected. It is much the same as belonging to a church denomination in that not everyone agrees on everything.

Masonry is a dying organization throughout the world due to its lack of purpose. The lodge that I belonged to, no longer exist as they could not fill their functional positions. If you were to view the statistics, one could project that the organization would probably totally die out by the end of this century if not before.

There are some pro-Masonic websites that do a fair to good job in defending most of the accusations against Masonry. I still retain most of the literature of the lodge and the Consistory, as from time to time, I find such to be a good reference. All too often one simply borrows what others believe without viewing the sources and thus are bias in their evaluation.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We must oppose Satan where ever we find him. Yeshua said in the last days Satan would deceive even the very elect if it were possible. Satan appears as a Angel of light.

Masons give millions of dollars for good causes, burn centers, criple children and all kinds of community service and humanitarian acts. Looks good on the outside but is full of evil on the inside.

There is much that is done in the name of Jesus that is just as evil.

Many ecumenical organizations hold to the same premise that all faiths can knell at the same altar.

“Promise Keepers” teach that all faiths can knell at the same altar.

Yahweh is a jealous God, He will not share His preeminence, His Glory, His place of singleness with anyone or anything.

Promise Keepers Changes Doctrinal Statement
To Appease Catholics
July 18, 1997 (Adapted from: David W. Cloud, Fundamental Baptist News Service, 1701 Harns Rd., Oak Harbor, WA 98277) - The latest edition of Our Sunday Visitor, an influential conservative Catholic weekly publication, contains an article entitled "Making New Catholic Men: Promise Keepers 'gospel for guys': Is it just the thing that Catholic Men need, or is it bound to loosen male bonds to the Church?" The article describes the efforts which have been made by Promise Keepers leaders to make Catholics feel at home in their organization. Note the following quotes (Mike Aquilina, Our Sunday Visitor, July 20, 1997, pp. 10,11):

(a) "While there are no hard figures, some say that 10-20 percent of those men [attending Promise Keepers conferences] are Catholic. And, recently, Promise Keepers, a largely evangelical movement, has taken steps to attract even more Catholic men to its events and principles of discipleship."

(b) "At its March meeting, Promise Keepers' board of directors welcomed Mike Timmis as a new member. A Detroit-area lawyer and businessman, Timmis is a longtime leader in the Catholic charismatic renewal."

(c) "At several rallies this year, PK has spotlighted Catholic evangelist Jim Berlucchi as a speaker."

(d) "In June, PK hosted a 'Catholic Summit' at its headquarters in Denver, sounding out Catholic volunteers and leaders from around the country."

(e) "And EARLIER THIS YEAR, PROMISE KEEPERS AMENDED ITS STATEMENT OF FAITH, REVISING THE LINES THAT CATHOLICS HAD FOUND OFFENSIVE.

(f) "PROMISE KEEPERS FOUNDER BILL MCCARTNEY TOLD OUR SUNDAY VISITOR RECENTLY THAT FULL CATHOLIC PARTICIPATION WAS HIS INTENTION FROM THE START."

(g) "'Back in 1992, at our first stadium event, we very clearly stated from the podium that we eagerly welcomed the participation of Roman Catholics, and we've had scores of Roman Catholics attend and go back to their churches excited.' ..."

(h) "As executive director of Christian outreach at Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio, [John] Sengenberger cites Promise Keepers as the inspiration of the men's conferences his own office has sponsored since 1995.... Sengenberger invited representatives from Promise Keepers to visit the university. 'We had some frank discussions and told them we needed to see some Catholic involvement on the leadership level.' ... When Steubenville hosted its first men's conference in 1995, Sengenberger invited two Promise Keepers officials to attend: Dale Schlafer, who was at that time chairman of the board, and Glenn Wagner, a vice president. 'It was their first time in a Catholic evangelistic setting,' Sengenberger said. 'They were impressed. When they were leaving, we invited them to go through our bookstore and take out any books they wanted. They went home with all kinds of theology books, Vatican II teachings. ... Dale took a set of the Liturgy of the Hours. The following year, he told me he'd incorporated it into his daily prayer, so Glenn asked for one, too.'"

(i) "Both men returned to Steubenville for the 1996 men's conference, where Sengenberger took them to a Eucharistic holy hour. 'I took them aside and explained what we were doing, how THIS ONLY MAKES SENSE IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE REAL PRESENCE OF JESUS. That night we were down by the stage, and I remember going down on my knees, then prostrate, down on my face-and right next to me was Glenn Wagner, doing the same thing.'"

(j) "Yet profound differences remained between the evangelicals of Promise Keepers and Catholics who were sympathetic. Last year, Promise Keepers published a 'statement of faith' with lines that seemed to be crafted to exclude Catholics---or force them to reject their Catholic faith. Section five of the Promise Keepers credo read: 'We believe that man was created in the image of God, but because of sin, was alienated from God. That alienation can be removed only by accepting, through faith alone, God's gift of salvation, which was made possible by Christ's death.'"

(k) "'Faith alone' is a key doctrine of the Protestant Reformation. Though the phrase appears nowhere in Scripture, it was inserted by Martin Luther into his German translation of the Bible. Concerned about this development at Promise Keepers, Sengenberger had several Catholic theologians review the statement and present their objections to Wagner last summer."

(l) "EARLY THIS YEAR, PROMISE KEEPERS REVISED THE STATEMENT IN A WAY THAT PASSED THEOLOGICAL MUSTER WITH THOSE CATHOLICS. 'Only through faith, trusting in Christ alone for salvation, which was made possible by His death and resurrection, can that alienation be removed.' Paul Edwards, Promise Keepers' vice president for advancement, explained that the statement of faith is a 'dynamic' document, and that Promise Keepers is open to change.

Rick Miesel
Biblical Discernment Ministries
rambdm@tima.com
P.O. Box 679
Bedford, IN 47421-0679

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENTS BY FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST NEWS SERVICE EDITOR-DAVID CLOUD
We see in this article more evidence that Promise Keepers leadership is playing politics with their ecumenical agenda. When questioned by "Protestants" about Catholic participation in Promise Keepers, they claim they want Catholics to come simply because they want them to hear the Gospel and be saved. On the other hand, when questioned by Catholics about Catholic participation in Promise Keepers, they claim they want to receive Catholics as they are as brothers in Christ without any desire to evangelize them away from their "church."

We see that Promise Keepers leadership is bending over backwards to increase Catholic participation in its movement and to calm the fears of Catholic leaders about the prospect of Catholic men leaving Romanism because of their participation at Promise Keepers events. They are not requiring that Roman Catholics reject Rome's false doctrines. Promise Keepers leaders are not exposing Rome's blasphemous gospel and doctrines which have led multitudes to eternal damnation. PK leaders are faced with the same dilemma as all ecumenists. If they were to preach the truth boldly and identify false doctrine plainly, it would destroy their ecumenical agenda. The Apostles were not content merely to preach the Gospel in a positive manner; they continually exposed false gospels and warred against doctrinal perversion. We are to follow in their footsteps. Our commission is to earnestly contend for the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 3). We are to fight for the truth and AGAINST error. Promise Keepers leaders refuse to do this [because they are part of that error].

SALVATION BY FAITH ALONE

When Promise Keepers first published its brief statement of faith, it did not include the phrase "by faith alone." It was added because of the outcry of those who protested that the absence of this phrase leaves room for false gospels which mix grace and works, faith and sacraments. You see, false gospelers do not deny that salvation is by faith and by grace. What they deny is that it is by grace ALONE through faith ALONE without works and sacraments of any sort. Now we see that Promise Keepers has again modified its statement to remove "by faith alone" to please the Catholic leaders with whom they are fellowshipping. Promise Keepers vice president, Paul Edwards, tells us that PK's doctrinal statement is "dynamic" and "open to change." This is typical of those with an ecumenical agenda. They claim that sound doctrine is precious to them, but in practice they are incredibly flexible and nonchalant about the most foundational of doctrines.

The article in Our Sunday Visitor claims that "by faith alone" is a doctrine devised by Martin Luther. This is perfect nonsense. Salvation by grace alone through faith alone is precisely the Gospel preached by the Apostles and given to us in the Word of God. Paul described this Gospel by revelation in Romans 3:23-4:6. It is the Gospel of salvation by grace alone through faith alone without works of any kind. Paul also carefully described the Gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. Again, there is not one word about works or sacraments. The Gospel is salvation through faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Period. It is Christ alone, grace alone, faith alone, no works, no sacraments. Praise the Lord!!

When the Philippian jailer asked the Apostles, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30,31). Nothing here about works or sacraments or church or priests.

The Lord Jesus Christ taught the same thing, of course. When the crowd asked Christ, "What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?" he replied, "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent" (John 6:28,29). Again, nothing here about works or sacraments. John 3:16 says "whosoever believeth on him shall not perish but have everlasting life." Faith alone. Faith in Christ, plus nothing and minus nothing.

Biblical grace means the unmerited eternal salvation of God which comes freely and directly to the believing sinner through the atonement of Jesus Christ (Rom. 3:24 - 4:6; 11:6; Eph. 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7). The Roman Catholic Church has redefined grace to include sacraments. "Grace," by Rome's definition, means Christ, by His death, has provided salvation to be distributed by the Catholic church to those sinners who adhere to its sacraments. The New Catholic Catechism states: "The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation" (1129). THESE WORDS COULD NOT BE PLAINER.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My question is/was ... do you think that Freemasonry could be the False Religion that will arise in the end times? It accepts all beliefs and rolls them into one, believing all people/religions worship the same god, but in different ways.

Well, it is the opinion of some well known Bible prophecy teachers that it is the belief the masons hold about God...Not that free masonry will be the religion of the end of the age, but their belief that "all religions are valid pathways to God." This has become known as interfaithism. I forget what year it was but I've heard that their was some big movement where all kinds of religions had some sort of conference with the pope...George Bush himself has stated that he believed that the muslim god allah is the same as the God of the Bible, just under a different name. Many people believe this but we know who God is and His name is Jesus Christ!
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometime ago I found an article written by a man who calls himself an "Ex-Mason for Jesus" and he left because it is not consistent with a sincere expression of the Christian faith, and he felt that some of their methodology was less than honourable.

A portion of the "Declaration of Principles " (For those who think that it is mainly a social organization)-
"It is a social organization only so far as it furnishes additional inducement that men may foregather in numbers, thereby providing more material for its primary work of education, of worship and of charity."

They must believe in one Supreme Being, (the generic brand in my opinion) but since there are many religions involved,this God is not the God of the Bible. Because they believe in one Supreme Being, so even men of the Islamic faith are eligible, but the Lodge doesn't seem to be dominated by them. If we did an investigation, we may find some Muslims since it stresses, not religion, but fellowship, brotherhood and charity involvement.

Masonic education is very important and it takes different forms-
Rituals - are passion plays, which include secrecy, morality and immortality. Non-Masons would never be able to see the ritual dramas, but "monitors" are written explaining the symbols, which can be read by non-Masons.
Lectures and Literature. - Some of the literature is Luciferian or Satanic in nature. However, nowhere in Masonic ritual is Lucifer or Satan mentioned. Jesus is not mentioned either.

They do great work with charities, but a lot of the money is kept for use of the temple for picnics, open bars, seminars, and hospitality suites at meetings and conventions.

They try to deny that Free Masonry is a religion, but it teaches men to imitate its Grand Master, Hiram Abiff, so that they may get into heaven.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was ask to be in this organization some years back, but declined. I could not get any information out of the person who asked (you have to come to the meeting). So that left me to believe it was of a cult nature. Other then this I know nothing of the organization. So I will stay with God. Nothing else in the world has proven to be worthy of my time.

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Luke 16:13
No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks White Sands!

I have the first two books you listed!

I grew up in a masonic home. I was a member of the Rainbow Girls and currently hold a "Majority Membership", but since I have not attended a meeting in almost 2 years, I doubt that it is worth anything anymore.

My mother is still OES, but no longer attends the meetings. My niece is a Rainbow Girl, but she also has quit going. My biological father was a 32nd degree Mason and a member of the Scottish Rite. Three years ago, he had his Masonic funeral.

I have prayed for all chains, ties, curses, and oaths to be broken. I believe that I am free in Christ and by the Blood of Christ.

My question is/was ... do you think that Freemasonry could be the False Religion that will arise in the end times? It accepts all beliefs and rolls them into one, believing all people/religions worship the same god, but in different ways.

I would like someone to enlighten me... what do you think?

Thanks! Joanna.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw in another thread that the discussion drifted toward free masonry and I thought that it is a topic worthy of a thread of its own...

First of all, if any on this message board is involved with free masonry I'm asking you in the love of Jesus Christ our Saviour to come out of it as soon as possible and renounce your oaths...

Truth be told many people join the lodge without any agenda and are not aware of what the orginization is really about..There are many good people that belong to the organization that have good intentions and some just pay their dues to be apart of it...It is when you get to the 32nd and 33rd degrees that you become aware of what it is all about and those degrees are by invitation only.

"Masonry is not Christian; nor is it Mohammedan nor Jewish nor to be classified by the name of any other sect. The power which held it together, the chemical which has caused its growth, the central doctrine which makes it unique, is the opportunity it affords men of every faith, happily to kneel together at the same Alter, each in worship of the God he reveres, under the universal name of the Great Architect of the Universe." - Masonic Service Association

There is a movement today that is known as "interfaithism"- a belief that all religions are valid paths of truth and that collectively we can call on a "higher power."- Jamie Brendan (alias name, undisclosed because of position at the U.N. headquarters)

The architecture and layout of Washington D.C. is loaded with occultic and astrologic symbolism...The back of your dollar bill sports the eye of horus which is another masonic occultic symbol dating back to the early Egyptians...We are in a battle..Deception has it fingers in every aspect of human society. Put on the whole armor of God my fellow brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ!

Here are some books that I would recommend to anyone wanting to know the "wiles of the devil".
They can be found at www.radioliberty.com

Masonic & Occult Symbols Illustrated - Dr. Cathy Burns
Masonry: Beyond the Light -Bill Schnoebelen
Masonry: Conspiracy Against Christianity - A. Ralph Epperson

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement