Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Stop Arlen Specter from Blocking Judges

Author Topic: Stop Arlen Specter from Blocking Judges
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Signed it...Thanks Softtouch!
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A new roadblock to President George W. Bush's judicial nominees -- Sen. Arlen Specter -- looms despite the fact Republicans increased their edge in the U.S. Senate.

This treacherous RINO (Republican In Name Only) immediately betrayed his pre-election promise by warning the President as chairman of the Senate Judicial Committee he will side with the Democrats to illegally and immorally discriminate against qualified pro-life nominees who have "deeply held beliefs."

Don't let Specter become chairman! Sign this petition urging GOP Senators to find a way to block Specter and finally break through the four-year unconstitutional blockade against adding God-honoring judges to the federal bench.

Body of Petition reads as follows:

To U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist
with copies to Republican Senators:

Dear Senator:

The GOP's increased edge in the U.S. Senate will not break the unconstitutional four-year blockade against President George W. Bush's God-honoring, pro-life nominees if Sen. Arlen Specter is allowed to chair the Judicial Committee.

I am calling on you to stop this Republican in name only from continuing the Democrats' unethical and illegal stone wall that has kept the President's nominees off the federal bench, ultimately blocking them from reaching the U.S. Supreme Court. Upon re-election, Specter immediately broke his promise not to continue the Democrats' obstruction as the new chairman. The day after the election, he brazenly and bluntly warned the President not to bring any God-honoring, pro-life nominees before HIS committee.

Do not allow this chameleon of a charlatan to become chairman! If Sen. Specter will not step aside for the good of America, then publicly state your opposition to him. If Sen. Chuck Grassley can't be convinced to take the job, go with Sen. Rick Santorum or Sen. Jon Kyl in the January vote. Or stay with Sen. Orrin Hatch by changing or waiving the rule that would make him step down after eight years as chairman. Take whatever action is necessary to sideline Specter.

Please reflect on how ...

> Specter, an unapologetic supporter of abortion on demand, showed his obstructive intent by bluntly stating: "The president is well aware of what happened, when a bunch of his nominees were sent up, with the filibuster," referring to Senate Democrats' unconstitutional blockade that still blocks the confirmation process. "... And I would expect the President to be mindful of the considerations which I am mentioning."

> Specter killed former President Ronald Reagan's nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court, calling him "too extreme on civil rights issues."

> Specter disqualified himself from chairing the committee when he promised to use a litmus test for judicial appointments.

> Specter repeatedly has made it clear he will block appointments of federal judges who do not pass HIS pro-abortion test.

Who does Sen. Specter think he is -- the President?! How dare Specter promote killing unborn babies and continue religious bigotry when President Bush just received a fresh mandate from the American people, whose clear priorities are moral and spiritual values.

Give this RINO his walking papers for being out of touch with the mainstream GOP. Find a way to stop him and the Democrats from continuing their illegal and immoral blockade. Do not allow anybody to discriminate against judicial nominees with "deeply held beliefs," qualified men and women intent on properly interpreting the U.S. Constitution instead of legislating from the bench.

Sincerely yours,

Click here to Sign this petition: http://www.conservativepetitions.com/petitions.php?action=sign&pid=286

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement