Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Apostacy

Author Topic: Apostacy
hoosiermichael
Member # 4044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hoosiermichael   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus may not have been militant, but he never condoned sin either.

--------------------
With God, all things are possible

Posts: 2 | From: Bloomington, IN USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing I would like to discuss is this talk about "progress" we would have if a democrat is in office or Republican for that matter...

If human government is so smart, and taking God out of just about everything is the "answer"...

If the "answer" is education, health care, and science...Then why haven't these bozo's responsible for reforming our schools teaching evolution recognized yet that the world hasn't gotten any better but worse ?

Murder, rape, theft, and everything else are higher than it's ever been...

Why has godlessness increased ? I mean if there "is no god" then what reson should anyone have to do what is right ?

"Do what thou wilt" which was written by Aliester Crowley also known as the author of the satanic bible...They say do whatever you want, there is no sin ect ect...LIES

We need Jesus back here on the earth right now because the truth is hard to be found..And serious truth twisting is found on Christian message boards...

And I'll tell you what Eric, I hope that America will be called Jesus land one day!

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know of anyone who really wants war...

It's simple really..God gave us the commandments and if everyone really kept them there would be no need for taxes, human government, police, armies ect ect...The problems in the world would be solved.

The problem is the major spiritual deception that satan and his demons have blinded many from the truth and they don't believe God's word and we violate it.

I mean you have palestinian leaders lieing to people telling them they'll be in heaven with 70 virgins if they blow themselves up near Jewish people...Then Israel trying to protect themselves from these groups get condemned by the international community for trying to stop the terrorist attack..I mean, how do you protect yourself from a seemingly unarmed pregnant woman that secretly looks like everyone else and she blows herself up ? How do you protect yourself from something so unsuspecting as that ?

I get tired of the truth twisting that goes on...

Needzy, Eric...I don't know what your agenda is...But it is wrong to murder...period...But we are also given provisons to protect ourselves from those that have evil intent.

Have you guys not read the word of God ?

Why should America be forced to accept and subsidize gay marriage ?

Do you guys remember what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah ?

To have an ordained minister go against the Word of God and marry homosexuals? These ministers defying what the Word of God says! In essence they are saying that it's "o.k by God". LIARS!

These same ministers are looked upon by many as being an authority of the Word of God and they are deceiving many making them think it is o.k to live that lifestyle!

Marriage was given to us by God...Between man and woman...

When government starts making decisions that step outside the bounds of what God's word says it is our responsibility to speak out against that activity! period.

Now, the difference between the gay agenda and other sins is that the homosexual agenda is trying to LIE to people and tell them that it's not a sin...

Generally all the other sins are recognized as wrong...But....The gay agenda is to try to lie and convince others that it is not wrong..They are trying to say that God recognizes it as o.k. which is a lie.
God is just as clear about homosexuality as He is about other sins.

Everyone has the opportunity to repent of their sins...Everyone.

But we as Christians cannot support a lie and lead others astray letting them believe that homosexuality is o.k...If the "religeous" leaders accept it then there is a BIG problem because many look up to them for guidence.

It is our responsiblity to tell the truth...We don't hate the gay person...They have been deceived...We have to expose the lie and get the truth out about it...

God gave them a choice too...They will do what they do...They have a choice to do what they want...We cannot stop them from doing whatever they do in private...But we have a responsiblity to TELL them the TRUTH.

Does that mean we beat them up ? Does that mean we condemn them ? Does that mean violate God's law to "put them in their place" ?

NO NO NO!!!

But we must tell the truth about that lifestyle!And it is not a sin to tell the truth!

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize that you guys want world peace so badly that you are willing to put our country at risk from terrorists and being overthrown. If everyone believed as you do, we would have been taken over years ago. If fact, this country wouldn't be America. It would have been Germany if enough of you were in power.

My Spirit is comfortable in knowing the truth. You will get your wish soon enough after the rapture. I can imagine all you guys jumping for joy when the peace treaty is signed. So elated that you probably won't notice the millions missing.

God bless. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Your a Watchman. You look for the End of Times.

You look for the assassin comming, but do not turn your eyes to see the cancer destroying your body, killing you.

It is like watching that no one steals your cows, while the barn itself rots away.

Do you get what I mean?

I understand exactly what you mean, and this is my beef with a lot of evangelical christians... they look to the future and barely look at themselves and their past, barely look at the entire world around them. They would rather cleanse the world with what they believe to be christianity and destroy everything that would oppose them. their idea of a perfect world is a world without expression. They can be just as bad as PETA and the ACLU.

I think the evangelical creed should be

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

I find evangelicalism to be a abomination of christianity. I don't belive jesus preached with a militant fervor.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scripture is Very Clear and these passages cannot lend themselves to any other interpretation then what they Clearly Say:

Isaiah 28
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

2 Timothy 3
16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching (Doctrine), rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

1 Timothy 1
9We also know that law[1] is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious (Note from ST: This would cover the topic of this post); for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers (Note from ST: This would include Abortion!), 10for adulterers and perverts (Note from ST: This would include Homosexuals!), for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

1 Corinthians 6
9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters (Note from ST: This means those who Reject Jesus) nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now, where do you find "Tolerance" in here? These are the Words of the Almighty God (YHWH) given to His Servants/Apostles.

1 Timothy 4
1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

16Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Romans 6
16Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. 18You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Romans 16
16Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ send greetings.
17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ericbusby
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know plenty about the world Eric. And people like you who want everything to be legal and ok are ruining it. Tolerance leads to apostacy and destruction. Plain and simple. Tolerance is a slippery slope and one that we are sliding down and people like you are supporting. Go ahead and follow the crowd. I will stand on God's Word.

But is it God's word you follow Ripp? Or you definition of God's word?

You see that is the major problem in believing in a superior being. Knowing what it wants from you. The Bible can easily be interrupted in a multitude of ways. Yet at the same time almost any religions book of faith can. From the Koran, the torah, even up to L. Ron Hubbard Scientology.

Then there ere are many versions of the Bible. NIV, King James.... Then of course there Bob's... But I won't get into that one.

The tricky part is in the knowing. I am not so ignorant to say "I know exactly what God wants" and then believe I am the end all be all of God one chosen faith.

To quote the Bard: "There are more things in Heaven and Earth than a dreamt of in your philosophy..."

Are you prepared to stand before God with your belief in what you faith says...
Only to discover you might be wrong.
And that tolerance is what he meant with his teachings?
How would you answer to Him for that?
What would you say?

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric,

The Bible says that though we are IN the world - we are Not OF the world. We are called OUT. We are Not to hold aligence to this world and it's self-proclaimed wisdom, but instead we are to Stand FIRM on God's Word. God says NOT to Tolerate things that are Against His Commandments/Word. I Will NOT Tolerate such things. I guess that makes me "intolerant" (and in the view of some 'a hater' which is not true) - So be it. I will gladly recieve any persectution for HIS sake. Glory be to God the Father and Yeshua His Only Begotten Son!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

I know plenty about the world Eric. And people like you who want everything to be legal and ok are ruining it. Tolerance leads to apostacy and destruction. Plain and simple. Tolerance is a slippery slope and one that we are sliding down and people like you are supporting. Go ahead and follow the crowd. I will stand on God's Word.
ericbusby
unregistered

quote:
I am not tolerant
That much is obvious Ripp,

I think you have much to learn about the world.

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, Another time then. It's late for me.

God Bless.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

No Tyme I don't. I have NO clue where you are coming from...
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripp.

Your a Watchman. You look for the End of Times.

You look for the assassin comming, but do not turn your eyes to see the cancer destroying your body, killing you.

It is like watching that no one steals your cows, while the barn itself rots away.

Do you get what I mean?

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Tyme wrote:
quote:
Get a Grip. I said "Universal Faith" and that is what I meant.

That is the idea that all "Faiths" are "Universal".

When the secular world gets rid of the bible and all it's images and icons, who's going to give a hoot if "Your brand" will get you banned at some message board that promotes the "Archaic" cult, where they "Worship fairies" and believe in "Ghosts".

As for being banned for talking about a different “sect” other then what is accepted, then I think this message board should be renamed. The Name currently is misleading. It implies “Non-Divisional ” as it clearly is a protestant board, with a set secular dogma.

What is your deal Tyme? Do you have any sense of what you are saying? It's like you can't wait for the day when Christianity is destroyed.
Ripp
unregistered

I am not tolerant and will not sit back and let you guys rant and rave around here with your liberal drool. That's why we have so many problems today. And in case you haven't noticed, Tymes posts are not all friendly and such. And you know what, just because I get heated sometimes doesn't mean I 'hate'. I pray and help other members all I can. I don't just come here to start trouble like some of you do. I actually care about the other members. If I didn't care, I would let you guys rant about stuff without recourse. So if you don't like it, don't read my posts.
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Get a Grip. I said "Universal Faith" and that is what I meant.

That is the idea that all "Faiths" are "Universal".

When the secular world gets rid of the bible and all it's images and icons, who's going to give a hoot if "Your brand" will get you banned at some message board that promotes the "Archaic" cult, where they "Worship fairies" and believe in "Ghosts".

As for being banned for talking about a different “sect” other then what is accepted, then I think this message board should be renamed. The Name currently is misleading. It implies “Non-Divisional ” as it clearly is a protestant board, with a set secular dogma.

Tyme.

--------------------

ericbusby
unregistered

quote:
Tyme, I didn't expect you to understand, after all you are tolerant.
Ripp,

Why do you do this?

I do not understand why you feel the need to stir things up like this. You claim to be born again and a follower of God. But when someone does not agree with you its almost like its open season on them.

You come across as very mean a lot of the times. I really do not understand how a believer can be this way. It's almost an elitist attitude. I hope most believer are not this way. Otherwise the nation might start looking like this.

-

Ripp
unregistered

Tyme, I didn't expect you to understand, after all you are tolerant. However, if you want to see where tolerance is leading us, read Matthew 24.

By the way, how are the ulcers? [Big Grin]

God bless. [Prayer]

Ripp
unregistered

Favor check your email please. [Smile]
Favor Minded
unregistered

quote:

FavorMinded is well known for his posts regarding that “Universal Faith” to be the devils works

AMEN for being known for standing against FALSE DOCTRINE!! although slightly misquoted...

If you are going to make statements, at least make them correctly Mr. Tyme -

"Universal Salvation" and "No Hell" is indeed false doctrine, and teaching it here will get you banned.

I did not say anything about "Universal Faith" as you said [Smile]

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

quote:
They think we should all be tolerant UNLESS it goes against what they believe. This is the danger in how these people think and should wake those up who are blind...

Tolerance is being taught as a means of control, not as a healthy result. And definately not a Godly mission.

Christians are supposed to be tolerant, but they are'nt tolerant of our beliefs. Another sign that satan has his hands in tolerance.

Aren’t you the one that has been preaching across this board about being intolerant and that Christians should not be accepting, etc, etc?

FavorMinded is well known for his posts regarding that “Universal Faith” to be the devils works and that acceptance of any one or anything other then ‘Your brand’ of Christianity is wrong, and we are not to tolerate other “Beliefs” because they are wrong, and the devils work.

So, lets reflect.

quote:
Matthew 22:39
And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.

Its not that they do not want our religion to be accepted, it’s that the followers of our religion that preach intolerance have given them no other choice, for tolerance to exist, they cannot embrace those that preach intolerance.

It’s really your own doing.

They are just treating you, as you have treated them. As yourself.

Tyme.

--------------------

ericbusby
unregistered

Well seeing as how I am one of THEM.... I think this is silly. It is very possible to take things like this too far.

To each their own I've always said and even in this case. Like last year when they were pulling the ten commandment from a building I thought that was a case of going too far. I did not see the problem.

People should not be so sensitive.

Ripp
unregistered

Excellent point Soft.

They think we should all be tolerant UNLESS it goes against what they believe. This is the danger in how these people think and should wake those up who are blind...

Tolerance is being taught as a means of control, not as a healthy result. And definately not a Godly mission.

Christians are supposed to be tolerant, but they are'nt tolerant of our beliefs. Another sign that satan has his hands in tolerance.

God bless. [Prayer]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

It's definitely one (of many) instances where non-believer cry "tolerance" for their views only to show "Intolerance" to Believers.

If they were truly "tolerant" then they would ignore what they feel is so offensive in our demonstrations of our Faith in Yeshua and His Commandments. But their true agenda is to do away with anything connected to The Truth (Yeshua/YHWH) and support everything else. That is the Enemy of our souls' agenda.

--------------------

ericbusby
unregistered

Although I do not often agree with you I have to admit.... That is kind of silly of them.
Ripp
unregistered

Well, looks like things are speeding up in England. It won't be long before the ACLU will try this here...

School told to drop its 'offensive' saint's name  -
quote:
A C of E school has been told to drop the word "saint" from its name in case it offends other religious groups.

The practice of calling schools after saints or bishops alienates people from other faiths and non-believers, say officials and councillors in Islington, north London.

web page

Come soon Lord! MARANATHA! [Prayer]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement