Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Arafat Dead - Pray For Israel!

Author Topic: Arafat Dead - Pray For Israel!
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen becauseHElives.

I feel great anticipation over the Middle East. So much can happen, so many turns it could take. All I know is, it looks like Arafat will die sometime soon. Iran will be bombed by Israel soon. And it looks like chaos will break out there soon. Maybe not. It could turn out to be something completely different. But whatever happens, it's coming soon!

MARANATHA! [Prayer]

-

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is going to happen to America, I do not know.

But what is going to happen to Israel has forever been decided and wrote in the Scriptures. Israel is the apple of Yahweh's eye.

I got to hear a 82 year old man that preached with the vigar of a man half his age. His had much wisdom.

He sited ...
Isa 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Israel beleive the weapons of mass destruction are in Damascus, and have said so before the UN, but they didn't search through Damascus for some reason.

It is speculation but some beleive that the death of Arafat will bring a more agressive leader, that will lauch an attack on Israel, but Isael will be ready and stop the launched nuke and in return totally destroy Damascus, fulfilling Isaiah 17:1

Damascus has never in History been destroyed...

Look up our redemption draws near, may all who have this hope purify themselves from this world.

Bless you all

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trafield:
May God have mercy on us.

Amen Tra, Amen!

I've just read the thread re: Russia supposedly getting ready to 'vaporize' Israel. You're Absolutely correct in your reply. However, what does this mean for the U.S.? I've got to admit, this all has me a bit nervous. Not about my Salvation, but about what we may have to witness and go through 'physically' regarding our families and loved ones...

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can feel that prophetically, things are getting ready to kick into high gear. I believe that Arafat's death, along with Bush's relection will begin a new push for peace in the Middle East.

I voted for Bush and know God has put him in the Whitehouse. However, I fear for America if Bush continues his plan of dividing Isreal for a peace that will not come. May God have mercy on us.

Joel 3:1-2
1 “For behold, in those days and at that time,
When I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will gather all the nations
And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat.
Then I will enter into judgment with them there
On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
And they have divided up My land.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
1 Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you.
2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.
3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 4 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering the horrible possibilities that the death of Arafat could bring to Israel, it is Very Important for us to Pray for God’s SHALOM (which means a Whole lot more then just Peace) for Israel. (Sorry about the “CAPs” in the news story, but that’s they way it appears on the website.)

http://www.ddolan.com/

Arafat Clinically Dead
By David Dolan
Nov. 4, 2004

DESPITE A SWIRL OF CONFLICTING NEWS REPORTS CONCERING YASSER ARAFAT THROUGHOUT THE DAY, ISRAELI SECURITY SOURCES SAY THEY ARE CERTAIN THE PALESTINIAN LEADER IS CLINICALLY BRAIN DEAD.

OFFICIAL MEDICAL REPORTS FROM FRANCE TONIGHT CONFIRMING THAT ARAFAT IS IN EXTREMELY GRAVE CONDITION AT THE VERY LEAST HAVE BEEN MET WITH MIXED EMOTIONS IN ISRAEL AND THE PALESTINIAN TERRITORIES.

WHILE PALESTINIANS ARE EXPRESSING REMORSE OVER THEIR LONGTIME LEADER’S CRITICAL CONDITION (AT LEAST IN PUBLIC), MANY ISRAELIS ARE FRANKLY QUITE GLAD TO SEE THE PLO CHIEF FINALLY EXITING THE MIDDLE EAST STAGE. ONE ISRAELI TOLD ME JUST MINUTES AGO THAT “HE WAS THE WORST TERRORIST IN HISTORY, AND WE ARE ANXIOUS TO SEE HIM GONE FOR GOOD.” ISRAELI GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE QUIETLY CONTENT THAT THE NOTORIOUS PLO CHIEF IS APPARENTLY ABOUT TO BECOME A RELIC OF HISTORY. STILL, THEY REMAIN VERY CONCERNED OVER THE INEVITABLE UNCERTAINTY, AND POSSIBLE BLOODSHED, THAT WILL FOLLOW IN HIS WAKE.

MOST WORRISOME FOR THE MOMENT IS WHETHER PALESTINAIN OFFICIALS WILL ATTEMPT TO HONOR ARAFAT’S EXPRESSED WISH TO BE BURIED ON JERUSALEM’S HISTORIC TEMPLE MOUNT, KNOWN TO MUSLIMS AS HARAM AL SHARIF, OR “THE NOBLE SANCTUARY.” OFFICIALS FEAR THAT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PALESTINIANS MIGHT ATTEMPT TO FORCE THEIR WAY INTO THE OLD CITY AND ONTO THE HALLOWED SITE TO BURY THEIR EXALTED LEADER, WIDELY SEEN AS THE SYMBOL OF THEIR NATIONAL ATTEMPTS TO “LIBERATE PALESTINE.” PRIME MINISTER ARIEL SHARON MADE CLEAR LAST SUNDAY THAT ISRAEL WILL NOT PERMIT THE PLO CHIEF TO BE LAID TO REST ON JUDAISM’S HOLIEST SITE ON EARTH. DESPITE THIS STATEMENT, ANALYSTS ARE WONDERING IF THE GOVERNMENT IS ACTUALLY PREPARED TO ORDER ITS SOLDEIRS TO SHOOT AT THOUSANDS OF MOURNERS IF THEY ATTEMPT TO BREAK INTO THE CITY WITH ARAFAT’S BODY—WHICH WOULD UNDOUBTEDLY PRODUCE A NEW WAVE OF VIOLENCE AND INSTABILITY IN THE ALREADY VOLITILE MIDDLE EAST. THIS IS THE EXCRUCIATING QUESTION THE GOVERNMENT MUST GRAPPLE WITH IN THE COMING HOURS AND DAYS. THE MAIN HOPE AT PRESENT IS THAT PALESTINIAN OFFICIALS WILL AGREE TO ANOTHER, LESS CONTENTIOUS, BURIAL SITE. ACCORDING TO MUSLIM TRADITION, FUNERALS ARE USUALLY HELD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER A PERSON EXPIRES. IRONICALLY, ARAFAT’S REPORTED CLINICAL DEATH COMES EXACTLY NINE YEARS TO THE DAY WHEN ISRAELI PRIME MINISTER YITZHAK RABIN WAS GUNNED DOWN BY A JEWISH ASSASIN IN TEL AVIV.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement