Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » I feel...

Author Topic: I feel...
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Bat! [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric,
Do you believe in God? Do you believe that Jesus lived and died and rose from the dead? Do you belive that Jesus was the crucified to take away the sins of the world? Have you asked Jesus to come into your heart and save you?
If you have believed and received by faith what God has offered to you through His Son, than you are a Christian.
I too often wonder if I want to be associated with some of the Christians I meet, but God gently reminds me that they don't always agree with me either!! And that I should not judge them, that is His job!!
Remember, you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family!!! God loves us all the same, no matter what we believe.
Texas Grandma has some really wonderful links in her signature that you might want to check out.
I'll be praying for you Eric.
Blessings and Shalom,
Joanna.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric,

I understand what you're saying and it concerns all of us Believers too! You have to remember though that even though we are Forgiven through Jesus' shed blood, we're still human and we still make choices that are contrary to faith and what the Bible tells us.

I think this goes to illustrate just how much we NEED the Atonment Jesus paid for us on that Cross.

Another point to consider is that not everyone who claims to be Christian truly is. There are a lot of 'deceptions' out there leading people down destructive paths claiming to have the leading of the Holy Spirit. It's when a Believer see's the false teaching (or false prophet) that the Bible says it's our duty to point such out (Using the Scriptures/Bible) with all patience (there's the word that many of us seem to have problems with). Please forgive my lack of scripture citation... it's 6:07 am here and I'm barely awake LOL.

The most important thing a Believer can do (once they've accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior) is to Submit to Him and Follow what He taught (found in the Scriptures both Old and New Testements). By reading His Written Word (The Bible) and continually asking the Lord to renew our hearts and minds, we enter the process of Santification (being changed into His image as we allow the Spirit to kill the old nature (man) and grow the New Creature we are to be). Everyone here is at different stages in this process and the only time any of us should 'judge' is when we see something that is clearly UnScriptural and qualifies as false teaching and/or false prophecy.

I hope they'll be others here how can shed even more light on this. I know this is an issue for many who would like to give their lives to Jesus, but see His followers (or those who claim to be His followers) the same way you do.

I hope this has helped a little? [Wink]

May Yeshua (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit lead you into all Truth!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ericbusby
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eric,

I'm just wondering, are you a Born-Again Believer in/Follower of Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah? Or are you here seeking?

I think I am trying to understand. A lot of what I have seen is.... odd at times.

I've often been lead to think that believers are people of peace. Yet a lot of what I see is clashing of idealisms. And this makes me wonder..... Just what do you believe. I do not see a core which every agrees on. I see different people that seams to thrive on bashing one another on everything from how they worship to how they vote.

Why would one want to become a believer in Christ if this is what they have to look forward to?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Israel! [hug] I try and stay grounded although the old 'earthly me' tries to poke his out sometimes. I think we all get wrapped up sometimes Israel. This world is quickly becoming a festering sore that is about to be cleansed. Your visions might be a part of that soon to come cleansing, although I shudder at what it will be like in those coming times. I sure feel something coming, and it doesn't feel good (well, at least not for those who won't be raptured.) I just pray every day for the lost to find Him. It's sad at how lost they are. Mention God or the end times and they look at you with a blank stare. "Jesus? Who's that?"... Very sad times. But just thank God we have been found worthy of His eternal Salvation. [Prayer]

God bless Israel and stay strong! [Prayer]

"Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies; In You I take shelter." [Psalm 143:9]

Israel
Advanced Member
Member # 3254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripp, you are such a blessing to my heart, I really enjoy your posts you seem really grounded in Jesus. I find sometimes that I get so wraped up in this world that I cannot stand it any longer. I get so upset with myself for letting me do that, but Jesus always reminds me to come back to Him. I for one cannot wait for this age to end, but I know there are lost people out there, if only we could hogtie them and drag them to the cross.

Here lately when I close my eyes at night, I see this vision, it is always the same one, I see a huge mushroom cloud and people running to and fro, it is like watching a movie in my mind it is so clear. Maybe it is all the talk about the terrorist, or maybe it is going to happen soon, only God knows for sure. Come quickly Lord Jesus, come quickly!!

Israel

--------------------
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee.

Posts: 97 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

LOL! A bit crazy maybe, but not depressed. [Wink] You should read my post again, and the others associated with it. It was a couple of days where a number of people felt tense or weren't sleeping well. I have never had a problem with depression, thank God. I can't imagine what it would be like, I'm sorry you have to go through that. I will pray for you and a healthy future.

God bless. [Prayer]

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me I do not have concerns for I have placed it in my Father's hands. I do feel that this is a benchmark election, and that if Bush wins then we might have a bit more time, but if Kerry wins then iniquity has prevailed and I feel the Lord is turning the reprobates over.

Romans 1:
21: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23: And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24: Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28: And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29: Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30: Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31: Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric,

Sorry for the double post here but it didn't occur to me to check out your profile until After I had posted the above question.

I see under "Are you Born Again" you said "I don't Know" (sorry if that's not verbatum). I'd like to share a website with you that addresses those who are seeking the Truth from a Scientific point of view (I noticed you said you work in the Medical field and thought this might be a helpful site for you). I hope you'll check it out [Smile]

Here's the URL: http://www.reasons.org/index.shtml

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Eric,

I'm just wondering, are you a Born-Again Believer in/Follower of Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah? Or are you here seeking?

--------------------

ericbusby
unregistered

quote:
I don't know guys. I still feel the same way today, edgy and off center. Is it Him letting us know it's almost time to come home? Or maybe the world is becoming intolerable and we feel dragged down. Whatever it is, I hope it goes away or leads to something soon. I'm not the kind of person who likes to sit around without knowing what's going on...

Okay I am going to say something and I do not want anyone to take it as a slam or anything. I work in the medical field and from what I am reading you sound like you are in the early stages of depression. If these symptoms continues you may wish to seek some medical help.

Depression is a very serious disease and not a state of mind.
I know I suffer from it myself.

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I find this fascinating, because I feel totally at peace with my choice.
Say what you will.

But my heart and mind are at rest.

and Now I shall go rest my body.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

What is even funnier is to see a so called "Christian" speak out against Christain values -

They speak about being a Christian, yet they will vote NOT CHRISTIAN, but POLITICAL Agenda instead.

Thats ok - Vote to increase immorality, vote to further the Anti Christ Agenda, that is great!

That just assists in increasing the speed of Christs return -

WHat will be interesting if for "Christians" like Tyme to explain how supporting Gay rights and teaching gay lifestyle to kids was a good thing...

To not know is one thing, to know and openly do it anyway is to NOT VOTE biblically, and in turn to sin against GOD!

What a shame - Must be Episcopalian maybe?

Ripp
unregistered

Heh, it's funny how liberals are ok with inviting liberals like Kerry to speak at churches, but if the tables are turned, "THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS! CHURCH AND STATE! CHURCH AND STATE!" Incredible.
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find this fascinating, because I feel totally at peace with my choice.

I shall be going to the Polls tomorrow to vote for the people, that I feel will best run this country. I am at rest knowing that I have made my earthly choice, but in the end of things God will choose who will and will not go into office.

Gods Will be Done.

Maybe that is where things went wrong, is that people stopped trusting that God was in control, and felt they needed to put there hand into something that they should have left alone.

I witnessed during this election many churches and religious organizations prostituting themselves out to the Republican candidate George W. Bush, as if this man was the next best thing to the messiah himself. I find it truly disheartening that a religious intuition, and a people of faith that are to live in this world and not be a part of this world, would so readily allow the political parties into their doors, and yet, be dismayed that the “Government” suddenly followed.

What would Jesus do, if he saw how we have disgraced his “House of Prayer” by turning it into little more then another political “Stomping Ground”.

Maybe there is something truly different and important about this election.

Gods Will be Done.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

I too have been having some really odd dreams and I've not been sleeping peacefully as I once used to do. Yes the end times prophecies are being fulfilled before our eyes and they are coming true at such a high rate of speed!

I feel a spiritual warfare going on and Satan is attacking everywhere with his terrible lies and deceit!

I especially have a dread and foreboding about the election tomorrow although I don't exactly understand why that is. I just know that whatever it is is definitely not good at all!

Time is so very short and we all have many souls to try to win to Jesus Christ for He is the only one!

I'd like to share a beautiful dream that I had a long time ago with you all. I dreamed I was up in the heavens reaching out touching the gorgeous stars and marveling at their brilliance and beauty. It truly was a beautiful dream - then I woke up. I've often thought of that dream!

We all need to keep praying and be ready when Jesus Christ comes to take us home! Praise God!

God bless you all!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Favor Minded
unregistered

I cannot define it as restlessness, I would define it much more as anticipation.

I "feel" it coming right at us, about 100,000 miles an hour and it will be very soon.

There is SO MUCH happening at such an accelerated rate DAILY!!

I feel it coming, stronger every day!!

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my! Come quickly Yah'shua!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Well, I guess we are not the only ones guys. I found these on another board:

quote:
OH, me, too. The Lord has been reminding me to not forget my time in prayer, and to spend much more time than usual. Sure does make that wierd restlessness easier to tolerate. Last night my dreams were so distracting and strange I just got up and got out my old cassette player with my old earpiece and listened to worship music. Something I used to do a long time ago, but it still works!
quote:
I agree with you, Mac! I have voted in many, many elections, but have never before had the creepy feeling that my very life depended on it.
quote:
I've felt an uneasy restlessness for quite some time now.
This past weekend I didn't feel anything more or less differently.

quote:
I have felt restless in my spirit just like many of you guys!!! Early Friday morning about 3 am we had thunderstorms roll through our area. As I was awakened to the thunder my very first thought was, Man, the spirits are really having to battle!! And then the next thought was, The battle line has been drawn!!! I believe that was the Holy Spirit speaking to me about the spiritual warfare. And I believe that it will get more intense so we need to be in the word and praying alot!! And keep looking up everyone!!
quote:
I have the same feeling as the rest of you do...somethin is not right.. I've had the restless spirit feeling for about a week,I just feel something is up..but what? I dare to think.. MacD...You may have something there...I pray not.... Keep praying...
quote:
Today in church I wrote a note to my husband saying I was feeling negitive energy from somewhere. It was really uncomfortable. I pleaded the Blood over us and continued to pray and worship. Something is not right with my spirit.
quote:
I have been feeling this way for over a month ago and started a thread with this title below.
quote:
I agree!!! Just something isn't right!! Keep praying everyone!!
quote:
Just in general, I have a real restless spirit today. I'm not into feelings that much but something is up with my spirit. Anyone else?

These are all different people folks. Whatever it is, it seems that a lot of people are sensing it...

Keep praying! Come soon my Lord! [Prayer]

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Me too Ripps, did not sleep well at all. Kept dreaming of pestilance and people I love getting sick and dying before my eyes. Whats up with this?

I don't know guys. I still feel the same way today, edgy and off center. Is it Him letting us know it's almost time to come home? Or maybe the world is becoming intolerable and we feel dragged down. Whatever it is, I hope it goes away or leads to something soon. I'm not the kind of person who likes to sit around without knowing what's going on...
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too Ripps, did not sleep well at all. Kept dreaming of pestilance and people I love getting sick and dying before my eyes. Whats up with this?
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Ripp, I am so glad you said something! The past two weeks I have found myself searching the skys! My heart says that the time is near!
Yesterday morning during the worship service at church, a man blew the shofar and my heart leaped! I started looking up! But when nothing happened I looked around and then realized what was going on. I was so disappointed I nearly cried.
I hardly slept last night either. I had strange dreams. Some of them about witches and demons and I had to pray. But I never fell back to sleep properly.
The time is near! My heart is hurting, physically hurting, because of all the lost souls out there. But yet I feel a stirring, a joy, that He will soon return!
Blessings and Shalom!

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

It seems every time I turn on the TV I feel this terrible foreboding. With all of the new fall shows, every progamme is pushing the envelope to the max and it is escalating at rapid speed.

Sex, any kind of sex, and innuendos are permeating a great majority of the programming. I say to myself "How much more of this is God going to take?"

And the internet is another story - access to anything and everything has gone rampant.

God must be terribly grieved about the children who are being affected by all of this garbage. It is available any time of the day. I am sure his patience is running out.

Ripp
unregistered

on edge today. Almost like I'm waiting for something to happen. Last night I was up all night with dreams of the apostacy and other end time events. It feels like a large rubberband has been wound up and is getting ready to be released. Anyone else having similar thoughts or feelings?

[rapture]  -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement