Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Great Pictures That Won't Be On The News...

Author Topic: Great Pictures That Won't Be On The News...
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you don't believe he harbored terrorists and had financial and/or personal interests in them, you are misled.
then lead me. don't just accuse me of being misled.

and wasn't this post about praying for the soldiers? no matter what our political ideology, we still need to pray for these guys. So, how about a little more praying and a lot less complaining?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niedziejkore wrote:
quote:
Have you ever met anyone from the "left"?
Yes, in fact my whole family is misled unfortunately.
quote:
Do you realize that the reason so many people oppose the war is that Saddam Hussein didn't attack our country?
Just because he wasn't flying the planes, doesn't mean he wasn't involved. If you don't believe he harbored terrorists and had financial and/or personal interests in them, you are misled.
quote:
If Saddam took his measly army and invaded any area of the United States, we would have support from the left, and therefore we would be fighting a justified war together as a nation.

To sit back and let these kooks build up money and weoponry is suicide. Did we not learn anything from 9-11?

Tolerance is not an option. Terrorists are not tolerant of our Christian beliefs and believe that if they kill us they will get virgins and have paradise in the afterlife. Any country harboring these sick maniacs should be a target. Period.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though I shall never support the policies that started this war.

I shall support the Troops that have done their service to God and Country.

In Service to God and on the name of the Almighty Father on Heaven.

Gods Will be Done.

Pray for our Troops.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does domestic violence or murder have to do with going to war in Iraq? I thought it was kind of weird seeing a father scare his son to death in order for his son to share the same viewpoint, but whatever. Some people are just weird like that.

quote:
Niedziejkore do you think they feel that way?

I have never met a solder that felt he should not have been were he served.

Well, it all depends on who "they" are. Some soldiers agree with the war, some do not. That's the problem. It's not only our soldiers who are divided, but our entire country is as well. I have three relatives and two close friends in the war. I've visited the San Francisco naval base many times over the past few years enough times to have talked with quite a few soldiers. I'd estimate about 1/3 of all soldiers I've met there opposed the war.

quote:
I think that a lot on the left would have trouble defending our own coutry if we were being attacked on our own shores.
Wow, i really don't know how to respond to that. Have you ever met anyone from the "left"? Do you realize that the reason so many people oppose the war is that Saddam Hussein didn't attack our country? If Saddam took his measly army and invaded any area of the United States, we would have support from the left, and therefore we would be fighting a justified war together as a nation.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that story made me think something not very pleasant. For the record, I am not a G.W. Bush-hater, nor do I question the goodness of bringing that the former tryannical leader of Iraq to account for his crimes.

Many leaders of committed atrocities far greater than those of Saddam Hossein. Where were our armies then? What motivates our leaders to choose to fight one evil, yet not another, potentially more threatening to us evil?

Vladimir Lenin - responsible for the deaths of an estimated 6 million people
Joesph Stalin - killed an estimated 40-50 million people
Mao Zedong - killed an estimated 50 million
Tito (Yugoslavia)- killed an estimated one million
Pol Pot (Cambodia) - killed two million (more than 25% of his country's population - absolutely unprecedented)

I am not attacking our military, as I think very highly of them and their commitment. My questions are purely rhetorical.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that RIPP, someone emailed me that a few weeks ago; it was great then and now.

I come from a family of military people. My father volunteered for service in WWII; He was taken prisoner of war in Germany and escapped 3 times. He was brutally tortured. It changed his whole person for life as did coming home to an adulterous wife, who was not my mother. He was in the army air core a gunnery sargent who flew in the bottom of those B2 Bombers I believe they were called. He has flown more than his share of missions and he was headed home, when they asked him to fly one more... just one more. He was shot down and taken prisoner of war. When he died, I am of no doubt that he would have proudly served again at 80 if they would have allowed him and I also have no doubt he would have volunteered again for WWII if he had the choice again.

My first husband volunteered a marine during the Viet Nam war and also would have gone again voluntarily in spite of what ridicule from home those boys faced.

My Father in Law now, is a retired colonel of more than 30 years in the Army during the Korean, Viet Nam, Persian Gulf wars and he too would go again without question or hesitation.

My brother in Law, now is a Lieutenant in the airforce and shares these same sentiments regarding the current war.

My Son in Law was in the Army and though his active duty has been stateside during these recent conflicts since the Gulf War, he too always expressed complete belief in the rightness of our involvement.

I live here in SD where the B1's are stationed and so we are surrounded by military familes in our churches and places of work, and shopping etc. Those folks are on alert I think more than not. They wait constantly never knowing when they will be called up and out. Our national Guard also has been gone. But never ever have I heard from them anything but agreement that though it is scary, though they dont know when their loved ones are coming home, or if they are coming home, the feel they are right to be where they are and that it is for the good not just of this nation, but the world and particularly the people of Iraq.

I really think that we sould stop for a moment and think of what it means to them to hear us back home in our comfy homes with our families all around to hear that they are there for nonsense, or that they should not be there or should not have been sent, or not have gone.

They and our president who sent them there need our unfettered support and encouragement and not our doubts and our murmering debating over the rightness of their service over there no matter how compassionatly well intended. And I cannot imageine being a wife not knowing that my husband would ever be home or a child wondering if my father would ever be home and hearing those kinds of sentiments no matter how well intentioned and feeling comforted by them. That is just MHO.

God Bless our Soldiers and their Families! God Bless our Leaders and guide them. God bless our nation and turn it from is stupidity.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

From the net:

The other day, my nine-year-old son wanted to know why we were at war.

My husband looked at our son and then looked at me. My husband and I were in
the Army during the Gulf War and we would be honored to serve and defend our
Country again today. I knew that my husband would give him a good
explanation.

My husband thought for a few minutes and then told my son to go stand in our
front living room window. He said, "Son, stand there and tell me what you
see?"

"I see trees and cars and our neighbors' houses," he replied.

"OK, now I want you to pretend that our house and our yard is the United
States of America and you are President Bush."

Our son giggled and said, "OK."

"Now son, I want you to look out the window and pretend that every house and
yard on this block is a different country," my husband said.

"OK Dad, I'm pretending."

"Now I want you to stand there and look out the window and pretend you see
Saddam come out of his house with his wife, he has her by the hair and is
hitting her. You see her bleeding and crying. He hits her in the face, he
throws her on the ground, then he starts to kick her to death.

Their children run out and are afraid to stop him, they are screaming and
crying, they are watching this but do nothing because they are kids and they
are afraid of their father. You see all of this son....what do you do?"

"Dad?"

"What would you do son?"

"I'd call the police, Dad."

"OK. Pretend that the police are the United Nations and they take your call,
listen to what you know and saw, but they refuse to help. What do you do
then son?"

"Dad...but the police are supposed to help!" My son starts to whine.

"They don't want to son, because they say that it is not their place or your
place to get involved and that we should all stay out of it," my husband
says.

"But Dad...he killed her!" my son exclaims.

"I know he did...but the police tell you to stay out of it. Now I want you
to look out that window and pretend you see our neighbor who you're
pretending is Saddam turn around and do the same thing to his own children."

"Daddy...he kills them?"

"Yes son, he does. What do you do?"

"Well, if the police don't want to help, I will go and ask my next door
neighbor to help me stop him," our son says.

"Son, your next door neighbor sees what is happening, but he refuses to get
involved as well. He'll not help you," my husband says.

"But Dad, I NEED help! I can't stop him by myself!"

"WHAT DO YOU DO SON?" Our son starts to cry.

"OK, no one wants to help you, the man across the street saw you ask for
help and saw that no one would help you stop him. He stands taller and puffs
out his chest. Guess what he does next son?"

"What Daddy?"

"Watching you in the window, he walks over to the old lady's house, breaks
down her door and drags her out. He sets her house on fire and then he...he
kills her. He does this while he laughs at you and her. WHAT DO YOU DO?"

"Daddy..."

"WHAT DO YOU DO?"

Our son is crying and he looks down and he whispers, "I'd close the blinds,
Daddy."

My husband looks at our son with tears in his eyes and asks him..."Why?"

"Because Daddy.....the police are supposed to help people who needs
them...and they won't help.... You always say that neighbors are supposed to
HELP neighbors, but they won't help either...they won't help me stop
him...I'm afraid....I can't do it by myself Daddy.....I can't look out my
window and just watch him do all these terrible things and... and..... do
nothing...so....I'm just going to close the blinds.... so I can't see what
he's doing........and I'm going to pretend that it is not happening."

I start to cry. My husband looks at our nine year old son standing in the
window, looking pitiful and ashamed at his answers to my husband's questions
and he says..."Son."

"Yes, Daddy."

"Open the blinds, son, because that evil man.... now he's at our front
door..."WHAT WILL YOU DO NOW?"

My son looks at his father, anger and defiance in his eyes. He balls up his
tiny fists and looks his father square in the eyes, without hesitation he
says: "I'LL DEFEND MY FAMILY DAD! I'M NOT GONNA LET HIM HURT MOMMY OR MY
SISTER, DAD! I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM, DAD, I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM!"

I see a tear roll down my husband's cheek and he grabs our son to his chest
and hugs him tight, and says... "It's too late to fight him, he's too strong
and he's already at YOUR front door son.....you should have stopped him
BEFORE he killed his wife, and his children and the old lady across the way.
You have to do what's right, even if you have to do it alone, before it's
too late," my husband whispers.

THAT scenario I just gave you is WHY we are at war with Iraq and other
terrorists. When good men stand by and let evil happen son, THAT is the
greatest EVIL of all. Our President is doing what is right. We, as a free
nation, must understand that this war is a war of humanity. WE must remove
evil men from power so that we can continue to live in a free world where we
are not afraid to look out our window so that my nine year old son won't
grow up in a world where he feels that if he just "closes" that blinds the
atrocities in the world won't affect him.

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT
ALONE!" BE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! BE PROUD OF OUR TROOPS!

SUPPORT THEM! SUPPORT OUR PRESIDENT IN THE MIDST OF THIS WAR, SO THAT IN
THE FUTURE OUR CHILDREN WILL NEVER HAVE TO CLOSE THEIR BLINDS...."

Sometimes we have to stand up to evil and defend what is right. I realize some of you will never understand this, but I pray that enough will...

God bless. [Prayer]  -

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favor Minded... those are really cool pictures... I hope you don't mind but I posted them on the two other message boards that I am a member of.
thanks for sharing!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very true Ripp.

-

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

H4HS,

Some people are just never going to understand I think. It's very sad. I think that a lot on the left would have trouble defending our own coutry if we were being attacked on our own shores. They would welcome them with tea then get shot in the back. It's amazing to me how people think these days...

God bless. [Prayer]

YBIC,
Ripp

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pictures FM!!

quote:
But are these really pictures to be happy about?

it's sad to think they're over there because of bad intelligence and the judgement of the Bush administration.

Niedziejkore do you think they feel that way?

I have never met a solder that felt he should not have been were he served.

I have met many a solder who felt that we back home should have believed more in what they were doing over there.

I have met many a solder that did not enjoy what they were doing and of course hating leaving family back home, but still they believed that they were serving exactly where and when they should have been serving.

I guess I am not saying it does not happen, but I think the majority of our soldiers feel that they have trained for this and made themselves ready for this and that serving where and when they were sent to serve was exactly what they believed was right to do.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

yeah, you can see how good their hearts are in these pictures. These are my friends they're sending over there. Our soldiers have to see Iraqis and other american soldiers getting shot, exploded, or otherwise injured all the time.

But are these really pictures to be happy about?

it's sad to think they're over there because of bad intelligence and the judgement of the Bush administration. These guys will be in my prayers.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To everyone who posts on this Christian Board,

When you have the time please do take a look at the pictures that Favorminded has posted. These pictures are great and they show you how very much the military men and women are coping with a very difficult job they've been given to do. The pictures also show how very much they are also trying to be friends with the Iraqi people with their caring ways. Favorminded is right - our reporters never show pictures like this! We do indeed have to continue praying for all of the military men and women who are in Iraq not only from our USofA but all the other allies and also for the people.

God bless you all!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo 320

Gramajo320
unregistered

Dear Favorminded,

Than you for reminding me which I truly do appreciate that I should also encourage others and not just the few I have encouraged. I promise I will remember to do so.

God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many of our soldiers have such big hearts. Those pictures were neat. I forget to pray for the soldiers and charity workers over there. Excellent reminder for me!

OT - That kitten looks just like my cat did when she was a baby.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

C'Mon now - I know ya'll be blessed by these pictures...

Just gotta check 'em out...

Ripp
unregistered

Brother Favor,

Thank you very much for reminding us of what we should pray for. I got a tear looking at those. We are so distant from the war over there. Let us pray for their safety.

God bless. [Prayer]

Favor Minded
unregistered

Gramajo -

While I certainly appreciate the support [Kiss]

I would encourage you to be sure and also encourage everyone else.

There are many of us here and we ALL have some AWESOME things to say and do so please be sure to use your encouraging spirit to encourage everyone and not just a couple of us!

Thanks again for being a member!

May God richly bless and keep you!

FM

Gramajo320
unregistered

Dear Favorminded,

Thank you so very much for your posting of these pictures! They are great pictures which say ever so much without a word being spoken!

God bless you and please continue your postings for each and every one of your postings are really important!

In Christ's Love,
Gramajo320

Favor Minded
unregistered

Here are some great pictures that probably won't make the headlines....

-

-

-

-

-

Please join me in a moment of prayer for our brothers and sisters who cannot be home right now...It won't be long !!

FM

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement