Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Florida: The Lord wants your attention!

Author Topic: Florida: The Lord wants your attention!
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was so good to come here and see your post Tracy. The Lord has answered many prayers on your behalf this past few weeks! Glory to the Lord on High!

I talked with our family in New Port Richey yesterday and they also came through Jeanne with no damage though their power had been off a couple of hours. I dont know if it is back on today. Teco was reporting some 274K without power after Jeanne.

We spoke with friends in Tampa who also were fine, no damage to person or property and still had power!

I feel very very blessed and favored by the Lord that he has kept our friends and family through these past few weeks.

I do know however that many have lost much during this time and are suffering. Let us pray that the Lord will be glorified even in the midst of what seems to be a tragedy for some.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay...these hurricanes can stop now!
Each one is getting worse for us as Jeanne's eye passed only about 20 miles west of us. Our power went off at 8:30am Sunday and stayed off until just a couple of hours ago. It was a blessing to come home from our special hurricane scheduled Monday Night worship service to find our street lights back on!

There are many hurting here, though, and just today I spoke with a church brother with MS that lost part of his roof and am going to try and put up a tarp for him tomorrow since he is physically unable.

You know, it is times like these where God reminds us in a powerful way that it is not at all about our physical posessions, but about His love for us, and for our love for our brothers and sister. We are here to love. And I just thank Him with all of my heart for His love and for being the Mighty Anchor that is mightier than any storm that we can face. Thank you, God...I love you and praise your Holy Name!
May we give you all the glory, for you alone are worthy! [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

I wonder if Walt approves?

I kind of doubt it...

He was a giver of much -

Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, Disney sets aside one day in (or the entire month of, I can't remember which) May or June, and call it "Gay Days" in which the entire park is essentially all gay, lesbian, and bisexual, and public displays of "affection" are allowed (even despite the fact that straight people and their kids do still go during those days).

It's sad, a gay can publicly make known their affection at Disney, but God forbid they make known their national or religious loyalties known there.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 3 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link that has an animated track of Hurricane Jeanne, and one can go to the links on this page to access the paths of Hurricanes Ivan, Frances, and Charley.

http://hurricane.terrapin.com/ATL-11A/

Of note, when I saw the tracks of Charley and Frances, they crisscross their tracks over the Orlando area or lower center of Florida. When one tracks Jeanne's path, she does her complete circle of 360 degrees and then makes a beeline west to Florida and her path now intersects the previous crisscross or X near Orlando of the previous storms.

Jeanne really intrigues me, because she looked to be going north before Sept 23. On this same day, the Florida Supreme Court ruled that Terri Schrivo should be allowed to die and have her feeding tube removed per her husband's wishes.

Interesting that God turned Jeanne back after the Florida Supreme Court's decision.......

In the other hand.... Mickey Mouse needs to repent.

Seriously though, I don't know what others here think of Disneyworld in Orlando, but I'm aware it's a seat of witchcraft and homosexuality of late.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trafield,

Believe me my heart and thoughts have been for you as I've met you here and all the other people of Florida and the Carribean who have suffered, and I'm not trying to say that other parts of the country not hit with hurricaines are "better" by any means. I pray you will be spared yet again, dear one.

I guess now with #4 hitting, it really makes me wake up and take notice, that something more than Mother nature's natural ways are at work. God does love people and many times He uses diasters for good. I hope many people will turn to the Lord.

To Israel,

God is the only one in control of the winds and the waves. He controls the storms. Satan does not have that power. I agree with help for homeschoolers that God is the Almighty and He ultimately turns the storms. It's in His Hand to do so as He wills.

Satan does not control nature. He can abuse it, make people misunderstand it, but he can't control it.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Show me please in the Bible where Satan has caused a storm or an earthquake or a drought or any other such event.

1 ¶ Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. {answer…: Heb. make me know}

4 ¶ Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. {hast…: Heb. knowest understanding}

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; {foundations: Heb. sockets} {fastened: Heb. made to sink?}

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors, {brake…: or, established my decree upon it}

11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed? {thy…: Heb. the pride of thy waves}

12 ¶ Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;

13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? {ends: Heb. wings}

14 It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.

15 And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.

16 Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

17 Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?

18 Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.

19 Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,

20 That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof? {to the bound: or, at, etc}

21 Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?

22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,

23 Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?

24 By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?

25 ¶ Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;

26 To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man;

27 To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?

28 Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?

29 Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?

30 The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen. {is…: Heb. is taken}

31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? {Pleiades: or, the seven stars: Heb. Cimah} {Orion: Heb. Cesil?}

32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? {Mazzaroth: or, the twelve signs} {guide: Heb. guide them}

33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

34 Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?

35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are? {Here…: Heb. Behold us?}

36 Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?

37 Who can number the clouds in wisdom? or who can stay the bottles of heaven, {stay: Heb. cause to lie down}

38 When the dust groweth into hardness, and the clods cleave fast together? {groweth…: or, is turned into mire: Heb. is poured}

39 Wilt thou hunt the prey for the lion? or fill the appetite of the young lions, {the appetite: Heb. the life}

40 When they couch in their dens, and abide in the covert to lie in wait?

41 Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.

1 ¶ Knowest thou the time when the wild goats of the rock bring forth? or canst thou mark when the hinds do calve?

2 Canst thou number the months that they fulfil? or knowest thou the time when they bring forth?

3 They bow themselves, they bring forth their young ones, they cast out their sorrows.

4 Their young ones are in good liking, they grow up with corn; they go forth, and return not unto them.

5 Who hath sent out the wild *** free? or who hath loosed the bands of the wild *** ?

6 Whose house I have made the wilderness, and the barren land his dwellings. {barren…: Heb. salt places}

7 He scorneth the multitude of the city, neither regardeth he the crying of the driver. {of the driver: Heb. of the exactor}

8 The range of the mountains is his pasture, and he searcheth after every green thing.

9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

11 Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him?

12 Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?

13 ¶ Gavest thou the goodly wings unto the peacocks? or wings and feathers unto the ostrich? {wings and…: or, the feathers of the stork and ostrich}

14 Which leaveth her eggs in the earth, and warmeth them in dust,

15 And forgetteth that the foot may crush them, or that the wild beast may break them.

16 She is hardened against her young ones, as though they were not hers: her labour is in vain without fear;

17 Because God hath deprived her of wisdom, neither hath he imparted to her understanding.

18 What time she lifteth up herself on high, she scorneth the horse and his rider.

19 ¶ Hast thou given the horse strength? hast thou clothed his neck with thunder?

20 Canst thou make him afraid as a grasshopper? the glory of his nostrils is terrible. {terrible: Heb. terror}

21 He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength: he goeth on to meet the armed men. {He paweth: or, His feet dig} {the armed…: Heb. the armour}

22 He mocketh at fear, and is not affrighted; neither turneth he back from the sword.

23 The quiver rattleth against him, the glittering spear and the shield.

24 He swalloweth the ground with fierceness and rage: neither believeth he that it is the sound of the trumpet.

25 He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off, the thunder of the captains, and the shouting.

26 ¶ Doth the hawk fly by thy wisdom, and stretch her wings toward the south?

27 Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high? {at…: Heb. by thy mouth}

28 She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place.

29 From thence she seeketh the prey, and her eyes behold afar off.

30 Her young ones also **** up blood: and where the slain are, there is she.

1 ¶ Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,

2 Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.

1 Corinthians 10:26 For the earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness thereof.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

And for those of us who were paying attention even before the storms, it is a great time to witness and share the Hope that is within us!

By the way...after the first three false alarms of the first three hurricanes going over my home town...I think our time has finally come. The last three or four tracks have not changed from bringing the eye of Jeanne over Clermont.

Regardless, the Anchor holds! [Prayer]

Israel
Advanced Member
Member # 3254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got to remember that satan is the god of this world, until Jesus comes back, satan wants to take as many with him as possible, and what better way than a hurricane, I mean look at Haiti, how many died there, hundreds, and it is a satanic nation, so satan got many if they were not saved by the grace of God thru Jesus Christ. I heard a preacher say once that God doesn't make something happen, He let's it happen. Like these hurricanes, He doesn't make it happen, He let's it happen, after all God is still in control. I can't stand it when people say that a hurricane or a tornado is an act of God,(I am not saying you say this WhiteEagle, but I have heard people say it) God is not an angry God, but a loving God, but one day His fury will come up and the the whole world will be in complete hell for rejecting His one and only Son, for today is the day of salvation, we may not have a tomorrow.

Israel

--------------------
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee.

Posts: 97 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I admit I'm one of those people who always (almost always) looks at natural disasters and wonder about what "those people did to get God angry".

So I do seem to have a problem with bias in this area about natural disasters.

But I think that even skeptics or people who don't wish to appear "judgmental" have to wonder why the Lord is allowing the State of Florida to be hit so hard this year.

#4 "Mean Jean" is about to land tonight. Catagory 3. This meek little storm was mostly a tropical storm when it hit Haiti and the Dominican Rebublic and that wasn't a meek hit to them. They were hit bad. Then Jean just meandered around in the Atlantic and everyone thought she would just float up the mid Atlantic and stay at sea. Suddenly Jean had direction and she is going to Florida.

Ivan wasn't even over when he should have been, he reformed again over Lousiana. Ivan still did it's most damage in Florida's panhandle, when it looked like Alabama would get the brunt.

This is a very different Hurricaine season to say the least.

The whole state of Florida has been touched with the first 3 storms.

I pray for those who have been impacted by all these storms.

I also think this whole country ,but since Florida is getting singled out by God, maybe people in Florida need to start paying attention to what God is telling them.

I pray that many will seek The Lord for salvation, in their trying times. God will be there. He obviously wants your attention.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement