Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Dear Friends

Author Topic: Dear Friends
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand the chaotic history the world has. However, I believe the torment we face today is worse. For one, there are more people to suffer than ever before. And second, there is just WAY too much going on.

For instance, only since 9-11 has everyone wondered each day if a nuke was going to be set off in their city. Or if not a nuke, some other kind of dastardly attack. And this goes for the whole world. People ALL around the globe think the same things now.

Yes people worried during wartime in our history. But today we have to worry EVERY day, not just in wartime. And it's not just our country, it is everywhere. War and terror is global now. A century ago we wouldn't worry about a war across the globe. We probably wouldn't know about it. World War II could be brought up as an argument. However, today we have to worry on MULTIPLE fronts. Israel, Iran, Russia, terrorists on every continent. We don't have the luxury of relaxing anymore. ANY day the world could go POOF! And that torments people everyday.

My point is, we may not be suffering as much physically as some points in our history but spiritually and emotionally, I believe is at an all time high. I believe the birth pangs are growing with intensity. I could be wrong but I don't think so. I can feel the suffering. The people on earth are crying out. I believe it won't be much longer.

[1zhelp] [clap2] [dance] [dance] [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Bro. Ripp writes to BORN AGAIN
quote:
What I meant by that is that we ALL suffer for what is happening around the world. A century ago we didn't have access to news this quick. Not only are people around the world suffering physically, others are suffering mentally and spiritually. Maybe you don't feel this way.
Yes, I feel that most people on earth are, as one writer once said, "living quiet lives of desperation." And eventhough we did not know as well "back then" that others were also suffering "quiet lives of desperation," (but we do now with quicker news), I was mostly pointing out that this suffering has always been the case and by and large, this period from 1945 on, or about 60 years now, has been a comparatively safe period to live on earth for more people at once than in numerous previous periods on earth, like Noah's Flood and The Dark Ages and The Bubonic Plague, and The Rich Feudals and The Impoverished Masses, and The Holocaust and The Potato Famine and Christians Fighting Lions in the Coliseum and Tarred-and-Lit Christians Used As Torches to Light up Appia Way, to name a few.

By comparison, these last 60 years have been a picnic and still are a picnic.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 6 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bro. Ripp
that is the reason you are so good. You back up what you say with facts. Good job as usual! [Kiss]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
While I agree that there are factors in play today that never existed before (like population growth and television and the nations being mostly fixed in place now, etc.), yet to say that there is suffering like never before is probably an overstatement.
What I meant by that is that we ALL suffer for what is happening around the world. A century ago we didn't have access to news this quick. Not only are people around the world suffering physically, others are suffering mentally and spiritually. Maybe you don't feel this way.

quote:
Where in Africa are that many being slaughtered each day, Ripp? I am aware of Darfur, but I don't think it's 10,000 a day?

Was a month sorry, I misquoted. Here is the link.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040913/D8531K180.html

quote:
WHO: 6,000-10,000 Die Monthly in Darfur

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Dear Ripp, thanks for your letter. You write
quote:
As all of you know, the world today is in an ever-increasing and downward-spiraling trend of immorality and suffering like never before.
While I agree that there are factors in play today that never existed before (like population growth and television and the nations being mostly fixed in place now, etc.), yet to say that there is suffering like never before is probably an overstatement.

In the days of the Assyrian Empire, the Assyrians were among the most aggressive and brutal troops around, impaling thousands for instance. Or in Buganda, the forerunner of Uganda, if a page at the royal court laughed too loud or was too slow opening the door, a snap of the finger of King Mutessa caused the executioner to grab the page and off came the head. The atrocities committed in the 1800s of our time in Darfur and Ethiopia and north Tanganyika where entire villages were slaughered just to get at a few slavegirls, was appalling. Basically, scumbags have been around since before the Noatic flood. And if anything, things have been rather quiet since 1945.

You also write
quote:
Christians in Africa are being slaughtered at an estimate of 10,000 a day by muslims. Middle eastern countries have been sending economic support to these groups to ensure that these atrocities continue.
Where in Africa are that many being slaughtered each day, Ripp? I am aware of Darfur, but I don't think it's 10,000 a day?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ericbusby:

Faith is something I am trying to understand. It's almost like an eternal mystery. Most of the time my only faith is in my own abilities.

So why come here? Good question. I wish I had a good answer.

I do not know why I am here. Or signed up on this board. But trust me I am not here as a troll or to try and debunk anyone's beliefs. I imagine you get those form time to time. I've dealt with trolls often myself. I'm a writer and a producer of audio dramas. Mostly sci-fi stuff. Sometime people will come along and try and mix it up with me or those who work with me.

Never quite understood why someone would need to do that. But then its a funny old world at times. And some people have a lot of time on their hands.

I guess I'm here out of curiosity more than anything else. I wish I could explain it more than that. [/QB][/QUOTE

I shouldn't be here... I should have made my supper. [Smile]

I work during the day, and dislike what's on TV.

I hope you will continue here for a while. Welcome and God bless you.

I like reading other people's opinions and beliefs and discussing things. It's also a learning experience.

Faith is the belief that what God says is truth.

It's knowing that something is really true without seeing it first.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripp,
What GOD has given you on denominations is so true.
It seems your eyes, ears and heart are open on this, I believe GOD will show you much more.

be blessed in Jesus
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ericbusby
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That's one Biblical definition of Faith.

One time I heard faith defined as... When one flips the light switch on, one has the faith that the lights will come on. If one didn't believe by flipping the switch that they lights could turn on, they wouldn't bother to flip the switch.

Welcome to the boards.

Faith.....

Faith is something I am trying to understand. It's almost like an eternal mystery. Most of the time my only faith is in my own abilities.

So why come here? Good question. I wish I had a good answer.

I do not know why I am here. Or signed up on this board. But trust me I am not here as a troll or to try and debunk anyone's beliefs. I imagine you get those form time to time. I've dealt with trolls often myself. I'm a writer and a producer of audio dramas. Mostly sci-fi stuff. Sometime people will come along and try and mix it up with me or those who work with me.

Never quite understood why someone would need to do that. But then its a funny old world at times. And some people have a lot of time on their hands.

I guess I'm here out of curiosity more than anything else. I wish I could explain it more than that.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the time is close. I pray for it every day. I have been criticized for wishing that. But look at all the young children all over the world with out food and are abused that would be safe in Heaven, no more to suffer. I pray for that the homecoming is soon for us all to rejoice at the marriage supper of the lamb.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the letter...I believe that we are close to the time of seeing our Lord Jesus coming in the clouds with great glory!

What a great Day it will be!

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 14 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ericbusby:
I have to admit I do not understand a lot of all of this. Faith is... Unknown to me.

In Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."(New American Standard Version)

That's one Biblical definition of Faith.

One time I heard faith defined as... When one flips the light switch on, one has the faith that the lights will come on. If one didn't believe by flipping the switch that they lights could turn on, they wouldn't bother to flip the switch.

Welcome to the boards. [Smile] -

So faith comes by hearing the word of God, and then experiencing the Word of God.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Baptist Church and the Assembly of God Churches we have visited have all said from the pulpit that homosexual lifestyle is a sin. And everyone we have attended has said that Jesus is coming soon. So, I guess we have been blessed. I have talked often about my grandmother's church "Church of Prophecy” they only preached on the way people dressed. I never heard the preachers (there were several) talk about getting saved or anything else.
So, I would safely say that the Baptist Churches we have attended one in Channelvew and 4 that we have visited here in Washington State, still believe a sin is a sin and that Jesus is coming soon. The three Assembly of God's we have
visited have done so, too.

--------------------

ericbusby
unregistered

I have to admit I do not understand a lot of all of this. Faith is... Unknown to me.
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Ripp,

God Bless you, that especially as a "new" Christian it blesses me to see what the Holy Spirit is speaking to His people.

The Unsaved are in confusion and I often need to battle that spirit of confusion myself when I enter the world, such as the workplace.

Where I attend church my pastor is an older man and has been a minister many years, but he's said things from the pulpit that have already been in my spirit.

1.) Christians needs to make sure that they are hearing The Lord's voice and His for certain and to know His voice in the coming days.

2.)There are coming more voices that will try to confuse and delude Christians, that's why it's so important to draw nearer than ever before.

3.) Warrior in Christ. Not just a steward, but Warrior church in the Spirit.

4) We are, I believe in the times of Revelation Prophecy and of Jesus' Prophesy in Matthew 24, and Daniel. The seventh Week in coming fast.

5) Now is the time for Salvation and the Church needs to get into high gear.

Another thought; According to Matthew 24 and it's sequence, I feel that Christians will be present for the Tribulation.

I write that,because I fear that many Christians who believe that Jesus must come before the Tribulation will be put into confusion. They must know that even if the church does go through, it's still going to be raptured.

Jesus says that the days of the Tribulation will be shrotened for the "elect's" sake or no flesh would survive. After this he mentions the rapture of the church as his elect are gathered...

Don't let this dishearten you, as I don't claim to know it all. Neither does anyone for that matter.

If people who think that the Rapture must happen first suddenly find themselves in the Tribulation, many could lose faith and fall away.

God bless. [Smile]

J4Jesus
unregistered

hey man, that was great. Excellent. Thank you so much. HE IS COMING SOON!!! All His enemies will be His footstool.
Ripp
unregistered

Dear friends,

I write this letter today on a topic that the Spirit has been leading me to for some time. Although I have had a hard time understanding exactly what to say, I believe I must let the Spirit guide me and speak for me. I cannot ignore His attempt to persuade me to write this anymore. I pray that this letter will be meaningful and let be said what needs to be said. I'm not sure how long this letter will be so please bare with me. I believe this to be of utmost importance so word count does not matter.

As many of you know, I was only saved recently. Although He was always there trying to get my attention, it wasn't until about 5 months ago that I gave up the fight and accepted Jesus as my Savior. I don't think the timing was an accident.

My entire life I have felt like an outsider. I have this feeling of not fitting in or this isn't my real home. I imagine many of you have the same feelings. I have always seen the world in a different light than many others. Instead of just seeing "surface" material, I have been able to see at the root of things. What I saw and felt was a sense of spiritual warfare, a good vs evil war that is growing more prevalent today. In order to better understand what was happening I used to turn to Nostradamus to try and the find answers. Little did I know that everything I wanted to know was in a little black book called, "The Holy Bible". Since my rebirth I have consumed the Word and have been studying nonstop. I thank God everyday for calling me to be saved and to have this opportunity to share with you. On that note, I will share with you what the Spirit has been nudging me to write about.

As all of you know, the world today is in an ever-increasing and downward-spiraling trend of immorality and suffering like never before. Everyday we see more chaos and sorrow in the Middle East with car bombings and beheadings. Our schools and education boards have been infiltrated by secular humanists who are intent on erasing even the existence of God. The media has done it's best to cover up and help in this decietful agenda. Sexual immorality is destroying the minds of our youth at an alarming rate. False gods and idols are everywhere you turn whether it be a quick fix, money, sex, false religions and on and on...

One of the biggest concerns I have today is with some of the denominational churches. Up front I will tell you that I am not talking about all denominational churches so there won't be any confusion. However, I believe that the majority of them have been backsliding at a disasterous rate. They have backed away from a solid teaching of the Word of God. I ask you, when was the last time your preacher had a message on Revelation or the end times? When was the last time they preached about how homosexuality is immoral? When was the last time you heard a denouncement of gay marriage coming from the pulpit? If your answer is never or not in a long time, you are probably going to one of these churches. One denomination supports the Ark of Hope foundation which parades around false tablets of "Earth Tenements" in an ark resembling the Ark of the Covenant. This comes complete with pagan symbols and worships the earth as their god and is stored at the UN. Some churches are threatening Israel with sanctions if they do not stop their attacks on Palestinian terror leaders and give up thier land. Many Catholic bishops and priests have been charged with sexually abusing children. Few churches stand up against abortion anymore. Churches today have become more interested in keeping the pews and the donation plates filled rather than teaching the Word. Salvation and repentance rarely gets more than a brush over each Sunday since political correctness keeps them from wanting to offend anyone. Asking someone to accept Jesus as thier savior is almost taboo today. Political winds have taken hold of their sails leading to wherever the tithes and offerings are heading. I believe that most churches today are representative of the Laodice church described in Revelation 3:14-17. This trend away from God must be repented of immediately! Many are being led astray because of these problems. I urge every one who reads this to find a good Bible teaching church with a solid foundation on the Word. This is extremely important in these times.

The Middle East has become a disaster of death and carnage. Islamic terrorists are pouring into Iraq from surrounding countries to destroy any hopes of a democratic government. Suicide bombers are stopping at nothing to derail this process. Every day we hear about more shocking deaths. More and more hostages are being taken in hopes of undermining the rebuilding process. Just today there were a dozen or more hostages taken and are being threatened with beheading unless thier demands are met. England, our staunch ally said today that it will be cutting its number of troups in Iraq to one-third. We can expect attacks quite possibly on an unprecedented scale over the next couple of months with elections in the U.S., Iraq and Afghanistan. Bloodshed will be massive and disturbing.

Terrorism has found a home in Russia and will no doubt spread in that region. Putin is grabbing more and more power claiming it will ensure his people of safety.

Iran has almost completed its facilities that would be capable of developing nuclear weapons. Their ongoing verbal battles with Israel, the U.S. and the UN has the entire world worried.

Christians in Africa are being slaughtered at an estimate of 10,000 a month by muslims. Middle eastern countries have been sending economic support to these groups to ensure that these atrocities continue.

Storms, earthquakes, volcanic ativity, famines, diseases are beginning to consume parts of the world.

It's not hard to see what's coming. Whether Israel or Iran or the U.S. delivers a first strike, one will be coming soon. Japan is growing weary of China and its ambition to expand into Taiwan. North Korea has become more boistrous as our military has been spread thin. Russia and Putin are looking for payback, you can look in the Middle East for future targets. Terrorism will continue to escalate at alarming rates to more countries. We can expect to see more attacks on our own soil soon with our porous borders and liberal views on security. Europe is becoming overrun with Muslims and will lead to civil wars eventually. The third largest city in Sweden is already being overrun as state police refuse to go into these areas without considerable backup.

So what is my point you ask? My point is quite simple and some of you are not going to like it. JESUS IS COMING SOON! Make no mistake...do not be mislead. He is coming and it will be soon. Most of you have studied at least somewhat in the area of the end times so you already see the signs. But for those of you who don't or have not been saved I pray that you will repent of your sins and invite Jesus to become your savior. TIME IS SHORT! If you do not know Jesus as your Savior, you will not have eternal life with God. I urge you to find a Bible and begin to pray. Repent of your sins and ask Jesus to save you. God loves each and every one of us and does not want us to perish. We don't have much time left so please consider what I have written. Some of you may think I am crazy which I understand. I would have thought the same thing 5 months ago. But I bet that you yourself can tell something is wrong with the world and we are leading to something. Just grab a Bible and pray to Jesus, what do you have to lose?! What do you have to gain? Peace, joy, eternal life, love and more. It will totally change your life for the better. For those of you who are saved, I pray that the Spirit will guide you in leading others to Jesus.

Heavenly Father, I pray that this seed will reach many before your harvest. May the love of Jesus find all who read this. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God bless.

[1zhelp] [clap2] [dance] [dance] [Cross]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement