Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » The wall of Israel.

Author Topic: The wall of Israel.
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Linda, I did it again. [Eek!]

I forgot to log Joy (Servant)off.

I am glad you are thinking the same thought line.

A big problem with the ??"Church"?? is they will not think outside of the box they have put Yahweh in!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Servant it is good to see you here. And your dad too of course. I have to tell you that I leaped in my chair to hear someone else say that about the "not one stone left unturned" scripture spoken by Jesus. Sometimes you see things and you feel like you must be a little nuts because it seems like no one else seems to see it. I am glad to know someone else sees this.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Servant
Advanced Member
Member # 1795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Servant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very intresting topic, I have been studing for sometime. I just got back from spending a week with some new friends, husband and wife that are converted Jews. We talked about this very topic. It was a new thought to them, but they did not totally reject it's validity.

Born Again, Yeshua said not one stone would be left upon the other!

Now we know that the Jews missed their day of visitation because they misunderstood the Scriptures.

While 70 AD the Temple was torn down, every wall of the Temple was not torn down. The wailing wall is part of the original Temple of Herod built in 512 BC. Yeshua said not one stone would be left, one upon another. Now our question to answer is did Yeshua mean exactly what He said or not?

Daniel speaks of the "daily" being removed. The word sacrifice in that verse is added by the traslators. The Jews pray "daily" till today, daily offerings of pray.

here is a intresting study, read prayfully

http://www.redmoonrising.com/ww.htm

--------------------
PHIL 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Posts: 59 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding those scriptures of Ezekiel about the wall coming down, that does not necessarily refer to our time, because in 70 AD all the walls already came down, as Yeshua-Jesus had foretold.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Gog is Iran correct?
From what I understand, Gog is modern day Russia.

From Jack Van Impe:

1) Magog- his descendants are the Scythians or Tartars, whose descendants today are found in modern Russia. Scythians were called Magogites by the Greeks 2,000 years ago (Josephus, book one, chapter six).

2) Tubal- his descendants peopled the region south and north of the Black Sea. Tobolsk (the "sk" being the Russian suffix) perpetuates the tribal name and is presently located southwest of Siberia.

3) Meshech- his descendants are northern nations mentioned in connection with Tubal and Magog. Meschech is the origianl name for Moscow.

4) Rosh- The word "chief" in Ezekiel 38:3 is "Rosh" in Hebrew. "Behold I am against thee, O Gog, the Rosh prince of Meshech and Tubal." Rosh was the name of the tribe dwelling in the area of the Volga and it is the word for "Russia" today in some languages of the world. The name "Russia" was formed from the ancient word "Rosh." It is clear that Ezekiel was delivering a warning to the Russian prince of Meshech and Tubal. Gog is the prince, Magog his land, the reference to Meshech and Tubal (Moscow and Tobolsk) is a clear mark of identification.

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
[Eze 38:11]"You will say, I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates -

Israel has been pretty safe with that wall partially up. I wonder how much safer it will be when it is completed. It says they will be dwelling without walls, maybe they come down when the peace treaty is signed (by order of the treaty)?
quote:
[Eze 38:14]"Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog, "Thus says the Lord God: "On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not know it?
Gog is Iran correct? Hmm, "will you not know it?" Interesting. Have to think and pray some on this one.
quote:
[Eze 38:15]"Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army.

Iran attacks during the peace treaty is what I think I have read before. Any other thoughts?
quote:
[Eze 38:16]"You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes."
Is this the Divine intervention I have read about?
quote:
[Eze 38:18]"And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel, "says the Lord God, "that My fury will show in My face."

Or I guess this one is lol.
quote:
[Eze 38:21]"I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains," says the Lord God. "Every man's sword will be against his brother."
Well, this one is pretty clear to me. Isaac (Israel) against Ishmael (Arabs).

"For it is written that Abraham had two sons; the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar - for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children - but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all,

For it is written:
"Rejoice, O barren
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband."

Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. But as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now."
- Galatians 4:22-29

I would like to get as much input on this as possible guys, thanks in advance. God bless! [Bible]

Ripp
unregistered

Thanks all once again for all the input. It's nice to see such an active board that is so helpful. [Smile]

quote:
I remember vaguely hearing, real late at night, once, while watching Hal Lindsey, that he said something to that effect too...
Yeah that's exactly what I was remembering. It was a few weeks ago, either on Hal's show or Jack Van Impe. I'm glad someone else heard this as well.
quote:
http://p199.ezboard.com/fendtimesignsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=235.topic
Very interesting. That was a couple years ago. There any new info on this Traf?
quote:
http://www.bibleplaces.com/templemountbulge.htm
Hmm, this one is from 2004. Looks like a new buldge. I just wonder if this is the same wall Hal or Jack was talking about. For some reason, I thought they mentioned the security wall being built (Sharon has ordered the contstruction to start up again).
quote:
But I think there's mention in Ezekial of "unwalled villages" and how the kingdoms from the North go down to the land of "unwalled villages".

Ezekiel 37:10-11

You know Eagle, I think that's it! But, I can't find anything about a wall around these passages.
quote:
Yeah, that'd be it!
But it's Ezekiel 38:10-23, not chp. 37, though.

Awesome, thanks Endoxos! Any thoughts on these passages guys?

[Eze 38:10] "Thus says the Lord God; "On that day it shall come to pass that thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will make an evil plan:

[Eze 38:11]"You will say, I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates -

[Eze 38:12]"to take plunder and to take booty, to stretch out your hand against the waste places that are again inhabited, and against a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell in the midst of the land.

[Eze 38:13]"Sheba, Dedan, the merchants of Tarshish, and all their young lions will say to you, "Have you come to take plunder? Have you gathered your army to take booty, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to take great plunder?""

[Eze 38:14]"Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog, "Thus says the Lord God: "On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not know it?

[Eze 38:15]"Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army.

[Eze 38:16]"You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes."

[Eze 38:17]"Thus says the Lord God: "Are you he of whom I have spoken in former days by My servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied for years in those days that I would bring you against them?"

[Eze 38:18]"And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel, "says the Lord God, "that My fury will show in My face."

[Eze 38:19]"For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: "Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel,"

[Eze 38:20]"so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. The mountains shall be thrown down, the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground."

[Eze 38:21]"I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains," says the Lord God. "Every man's sword will be against his brother."

[Eze 38:22]"And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone."

[Eze 38:23]"This I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord."

-Ezekiel 38:10-23

I will make a new post for comments since this one is long. Thanks again guys, GOOD WORK! [Big Grin]

Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
But I think there's mention in Ezekial of "unwalled villages" and how the kingdoms from the North go down to the land of "unwalled villages".

Since as Ripp wrote there was no wall before now.
Now Israel is building walls to keep the Palestine terrorists out.

Yeah, that'd be it!
But it's Ezekiel 38:10-23, not chp. 37, though.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:

Exactly...another reason we can know that wall will come back down. But it seems to me, based on Ezekiel, that the wall coming down will be a form of judgement from God and will cause suffering for those who built the defective wall, probably with a war as a result. Then miraculously an agreement will be reached "guaranteeing" Israel "peace and safety" while protecting Israel from international forces so this wall will no longer be needed.
Then the hooks in the head of Gog swings him around and he takes note of those living in peace and safety at the center of the earth.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Linda,
I had heard and saw the story about the Temple Mount wall bulging, so it's good you have the verses that relate to that aspect. I'll need to look at those again.

Ezekiel 37:10-11

Since as Ripp wrote there was no wall before now.
Now Israel is building walls to keep the Palestine terrorists out.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an old article about it posted here in 2002, by Kindgo. (Hi Kathy if you ar lurking; Ya still have some good stuff around in the attic)

The coming fall of the Temple Mount
By Ryan Jones October 17, 2002

Archeologists reported last week that a second, visibly damp bulge has appeared in the massive retaining wall of Jerusalem's Temple Mount. The new protrusion, located on the western wall, is said to be a mere 10 meters (approx. 33 feet) in area at the moment. That is, however, just how the immense bulge in the Mount's southern edifice started out some two years ago.

Senior archeological experts and Jerusalem city officials have expressed increasing concerns over the months about the now 190 meter (approx. 623 feet) long bulge in the compound's southern wall. In a series of urgent pleas to successive governments, experts and concerned citizens alike have warned that if nothing is done to repair the bulge - which protrudes as much as 70 centimeters in some areas - a "historical and human disaster" will occur.

The bulge is situated on the eastern side of the southern wall, just outside of the underground structure known as Solomon's Stables. It poses an existential threat to the nearby Al Aqsa mosque.

Archeologists with the Israel Antiquities Authority and other organizations fear the increasingly weak wall could collapse during November's Ramadan services, which attract hundreds of thousands of Muslim worshipers to the Temple Mount each Friday. Such a collapse could bring down the huge mosque, destroying the southern portion of the Temple Mount and killing thousands.

According to Israeli archeologist Dr. Eilat Mazar of the Hebrew University, the wall is ready to collapse "within a matter of months, and possibly even weeks; I have trouble believing that it will last the entire winter."

"The bulge can clearly be seen from the road around the southeast corner of the Mount?if a year ago it was a 'fourth-month' bulge, now it looks like it's in its 'eighth month,'" she added.

In a letter to Prime Minister Ariel Sharon last month, leading archeologists and security officials warned that "the expansion of the [bulge in the] southern wall has recently increased and the situation has become irreversible over the past six months? The danger of a collapse is close and real."

Government officials have recently snapped to and taken greater notice of the situation, fearing that should a fatal collapse occur during Ramadan, the Muslim world would most certainly blame Israel for the disaster. One official with the Ministry of Internal Security described such a scenario last week as "the Third World War."

Several officials, however, have said that Israel now finds itself in a "catch-22" situation, where Israel will be blamed one way or another - whether the wall collapses, or whether Israel asserts its authority and repairs the wall against the wishes of the Waqf (the Islamic Trust which administers the site).

Archeologists and other experts have unanimously pointed to illegal and unsupervised excavations and construction carried out by the Waqf on the Temple Mount since 1999 as the source of the wall's current frailty. Also lost as a result of the Muslim excavations have been countless archeological treasures highlighting the Mount's fabled past as the location of the Jewish Temple to the God of Israel.

According to agreements signed with the Israeli government, the PLO-affiliated Waqf is forbidden to carry out excavations or construction of any kind on the Temple Mount without the full cooperation of the appropriate Israeli authorities.

Israel has over the past several years decried the continuous digging and destruction of First and Second Temple treasures by the Waqf, though the issue has failed to generate the kind of international attention the 2001 destruction of a statue of Buddha by the Taliban in Afghanistan did.

Waqf officials have of late acknowledged the structural problems in the Mount's southern wall, though the fundamentalist Islamic organization continues to refuse access to the site for Israeli experts.

"The necessary cooperation needed with the Waqf is nonexistent," said Antiquities Authority director Shuki Dorfman, adding, "We cannot get in to carry out the tests" although only "several days" are needed.

The stalemate led to discrete backdoor negotiations, which appear to have culminated for the time being with a visit to the site last week by Jordanian experts. The Jordanians took several samples from the wall, but refrained from making any comments.

Mazar, who heads the apolitical Committee Against the Destruction of Antiquities on the Temple Mount, noted however that the Waqf and the Jordanians are doing absolutely nothing except blaming Israel.

"The Waqf has placed some scaffolding there to try to hold up the wall, but is doing no work there. The scaffolding itself is a joke; it's not strong enough to hold up the wall, and in fact, no scaffolding would be strong enough. The wall has to be taken down and rebuilt, that's the only thing that will help."

While it seems incredible that the Waqf would risk the deaths of thousands of Muslims over what appears to be a small trifle with Israel, Mazar points out that the Waqf only "cares about Islamicizing the Temple Mount, and absolutely nothing else."

"Let's not forget, in the past five years, the Waqf has only been destroying there - their goal is to build a mosque on the entire compound," Mazar added.

The coming fall of the southern wall would ostensibly create so great an uproar against Israel in the Arab world that future Israeli governments would consider the Temple Mount off-limits to Jews for many generations to come just to avoid further conflict.

What appears clear is that the Muslim world is quite ready to allow the wall to collapse if it means the perpetuation of their absolute hegemony over the Jewish world's most holy site.

Either way, the Temple Mount, today more than ever, is the place to stay focused on.

If and when the walls do come tumbling down, it is imperative that the blame be placed squarely where it belongs.
Views expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect those of israelinsider.

This is some of the scripture that fortells of its fall...

Ezekiel 13:12 Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you, Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it?

Ezekiel 13:14 So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 13:15 Thus will I accomplish my wrath upon the wall, and upon them that have daubed it with untempered morter, and will say unto you, The wall is no more, neither they that daubed it;

Ironically, you can actually see the daubing...
Here is a picture:

http://www.bibleplaces.com/templemountbulge.htm

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Ripp, I posted some info on a website I use to maintain concerning this wall that you might find interesting. It is still accessible online if you want to check it out.

http://p199.ezboard.com/fendtimesignsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=235.topic

Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember vaguely hearing, real late at night, once, while watching Hal Lindsey, that he said something to that effect too... and I'm pretty sure there's a prophetic verse that has something to do with walling in Israel, but I have no clue as to where it is.

Though it's not exactly a wall, I do know that the Eastern gate was to be eventually sealed until Jesus' return. It was sealed in 1187 by Saladin, the leader of the Muslims during the Crusades... if that has anything to do with anything. ^_^

"Then he brought me back the way of the gate of the outward sanctuary which looketh toward the east; and it [was] shut. Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut. [It is] for the prince; the prince, he shall sit in it to eat bread before the LORD; he shall enter by the way of the porch of [that] gate, and shall go out by the way of the same." Ezekiel 44:1-3

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

I heard awhile back about one of the prophecies being about the wall of Israel. From what I understand it mentions the wall coming down in the end times. Well, until recently this wouldn't have been possible since there was no wall. But they announced after the recent bus bombings that they will finish the wall. After completion there would be a wall to come down.

Did I hear this wrong? Is it a myth? Any input would be appreciated. God bless.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement