Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Here we go again..Hurricane Francis headed for Florida!

Author Topic: Here we go again..Hurricane Francis headed for Florida!
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda, I caught the tail end of a report on TV about the flooding in Tampa, but not sure how extensive or widespread it is. But from what I know of Tampa, I would guess it to be pretty extensive.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy Praise God!

We have sat here in amazement these past few days over the thought of being pounded with 80 mile an hour winds for such a long period. We have not heard from family yet in NPR. How is the flooding in the Bay area?

I having lived in Florida for 30 years, just cannot imagine being in the path for so long and I never remember seeing a storm whose bands had such a far reach. The radar showed the whole state covered by the bands while the eye slowly moved across the state at a snail's pace of 8 miles an hour. Praise God our fortress!

I am glad to hear you are OK. Justpassing through, I pray that you too are safe.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good deal Trafield. [Smile] All of you in Florida will be in our prayers for Ivan. Let's hope Ivan isn't so terrible. [Bible]
Trafield
unregistered

Wow, what a ride! And what a wierd storm that was...is...the storm that will not go away. There is stil lmuch rain and tornado warnings in the area. I have never seen such a slow moving hurricane! Praise God that the storm weakened some before coming on shore. Last night was the worst of the three days of tropical weather. I lost some of my wood fence, and we lost power at about 2:00PM yesterday and it came back on at 5:00PM. I thought at that time that we were almost in the clear. Then the storm began slowly moving due north before finally drifting out to the gulf bringing 70-80mph winds from about 8:00 last night until 7:00AM this morning. We lost power again at 8:00PM and it did not come on until about an hour ago. Now we have to wait for Ivan...another huge storm that is currently forcast to impact Florida next week.
Incredible.

Thank you for the prayers! We are fine and all my wife's family...who all live in Brevard County on the east coast, all made it through okay. The wife and I are pretty exhausted but we are going to be at the church tonight at 5:00PM to prepare for our 6:00pm service that replaced yesterday's service. God is good! [Smile]

I pray we hear from JustPassingThrough soon! [Prayer]

Trafield
unregistered

This will be my last post until after the storm goes though. It is incredible that the eye has not yet come ashore and how slow the storm is moving and how long it will take to get though.

We have had some pretty good outer bands of wind and driving rain that started around 2:30pm here. The last band the jsut past came with tornado warnings. We know it is only just beginning. I have a few power surges, but so far so good. But after this post, since each band is stronger than the one before it, I figure I had better shut down my computer.

Again, I appreciate the prayers for me and my family and all those in the path of this storm.
God bless you all.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayer is that Frances will turn and go out to the north Atlantic. In Jesus name. Amen.
Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Thunderz, Groveland and Leesburg went relatively untouched by Charlie, as did most of Clermont so if there is anything wrong with them it I doubt it was from Charlie. But they will be impacted by this storm.

Latest track has the eye coming just south of us...it could easily come right over us. The hurricane has weakened a bit and we will be praying that it does not re-strengthen before landfall.

I was succesful this morning in filling up my truck and my last 6 gal jug with gas, thank you Jesus! [Prayer]

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trafield and JustPassingThrough,
I have friends in Groveland, Clermont and Leesburg, haven't heard from any of them since Charlie,
as I pray for them I'll be praying for you.

may the LORD dispatch angels to protect you
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Justpassingthrough,

I will be praying for you friend! [Prayer]

Whatever you do just get out of the trailer and find a public shelter if you can! If there is not any as you say then maybe you could call the police? We both need to be standing on God's Word...I find Psalm 91 very comforting in times like this.

All the gas stations are aready mostly out of gas around here also...I am pretty exhausted right now. I worked most of the day today, got caught in some evacuation traffic, then scrambled to board up some windows. I also helped out a church brother by taking him some plastic sheets that he could use on his windows. This brother happens to be a motorcycle mechanic, so he came over tonight and got my generator running in about 15 minutes, praise God! As tired as I am, I plan on getting up around 4am so I can run to a nearby community gas station that is away from the main highways in hopes of them getting an overnight delivery and beating the traffic. Then I have to pick up things and store away the outside stuff that can go flying around....stuff I just put back after hurricane Charlie.

Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Passing Through     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I went to bed last night, they said land fall a little north of vero. Got up this morning before daylight, its comming in a West Palm Beach or there abouts. I live in Okeechobee, the thing will bust us wide open.I dont know where all the people will go on this side of te state, the other side is still so messed up after Charlie.I live in a 20 year old double wide mobile home just out side the city. There is no where to go. I know I cant stay in this death trap. Alrady there is gas shortages and groceries are getting scarce. People from the Charlie hit places have been comming over here to shop. WHAT A TIME WE ARE IN FOR.
i keep praying for God to send it out in the ocean so no body will get it. We all at church prayed last night. Its in Gods hands. Dont know when I wil be able to talk to you folks again after storm. Ptay for us. I think there will be lots of homeless folks after this one, me for one.You feel so helpless, no where to go. No shelters out here except for our very old Baptist Church.its older than my home.We may jst get in car and drive till we use half a tank of gas, so we will have enough to get back home.roads are already full, no motels anywhere in Fla. or south Georgia. Shelters are still full of Charlies victems.BLEAK LOOKING. I am saved but no one else in my family is. that scares me to death.We are facing death with this storm.PTAYERS ARE NEEDED BIG TIME. Your sister in Christ---Gail

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 145 | From: Okee. Fl | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Thanks, Favor Minded!

Current track is bringing the eye of the storm between Orlando and Clermont...The storm is suppose to come in possibly around the West Palm Beach or Vero Beach area around 8am Saturday. The storm is so big we will already be getting hurricane force winds at this time. Unfortunately the storm is forcast to slow down so it wound not be over us and at its worse for me until late Saturday night. We could still be getting tropical force winds as late as Sunday morning.

It is going to be a long weekend...
I will upate as I can. Thank you all for the prayers! They are much appreciated! [Smile]

Favor Minded
unregistered

We are praying for you Tracy -

I know it will be alright - I was looking at your website and forum - You have some cool writings there...

Take care sir and know our love and prayers are with you....

Favor Minded
[type]

Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man... May God take care of you... I've a couple more friends out in FL... I hope and pray all of you are ok when it's all said and done.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Thanks, yahsway and God bless you.

People are scrambling to get ready here...
I will be boarding up tomorrow, and will be desperately trying to get my generator running. I left gas in it for too long and it gummed up the carbeurator.

But praise God, I have the gas grill with propane and just but a bunch of canned soups and stews, ravioli, etc, so even if we can't keep the fridge cold and we lose our meats, we are prepared.

Forcasters are saying that this could possibly the worse storm to ever hit Florida. They have now started voluntary evacuations from the Brevard County area, but I believe all my wife's family have decided to stay! I am praying that they change their minds because this baby is BIG!

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will keep you and yours in my prayers Trafield.
Is it just me, or does it seem like God may be shaking the heavens and the earth? Take care my friend and please keep us posted on this. cindy

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Thanks Endoxos! Yes, too many do not take the warnings seriously. There is also stories of a guy being killed in the storm when he went outside to watch the storm and a tree fell on him. Unfortunately there were also several killed after the storm by trying to mess with debri around power lines...
Clermont is about dead center of the state...due west of Orlando. So I doubt we would be ordered to evacuate, but it is possible. One thing I use to hear from people, but as a native Floridian I knew was false, was that Orlando was far enough inland that a hurricane would not effect it that bad! Charlie changed this wrong percepion. People just do not realize how big in size these storms are...and we are only about 60 miles from either coast.

Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take care of yourself if it does pass your way, and don't do anything stupid. One of the most terrible things I saw on the news when Charlie hit, was of an old man... the emergency crews begged and pleaded for him to evacuate, over and over they begged. "I'll weather this storm like I have for the past x-amount of years, it'll be just like the rest"... eventually they had to leave as the storm reached land. Those same rescuers pulled him out of the rubble a couple of days later from his now-destroyed house. His reluctance to leave was the cause of death.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

And once again, though way to soon to know for sure, the forcast track currently has it coming across the state...coming in this time around Ft. Pierce, FL at 140mph which would bring it right through my city of Clermont if it cuts through the state moving northwest. And my wife's family all live on the east coast in Cocoa and Palm Bay.

This could be very bad for Central Florida, which is still reeling from Charlie. Still I am holding to the promises of Psalm 91, and know there will be many witnessing opportunities out of all this. [Prayer]

Around these parts this scripture keeps coming to mind:

Luke 21:25
25“There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves,

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement