Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Your prayers needed and appreciated!!

Author Topic: Your prayers needed and appreciated!!
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, WhiteEagle!

We appreciate the prayers very much! We have to boil our water until Tueday, but a minor inconvienience considering what has gone on in the other areas.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenL
Advanced Member
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StevenL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Lord! Your mercy endures forever!
Posts: 144 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers to all in Florida. It's devastating in hearing the reports on the news today.

I hear many people have been killed by the storm.

Pray for them and their families. The Lord is there for all and will use this disaster for the good.

Trafield, I'm happy you and yours are well.

I wish I could do more to help those who are in need, but I will pray and find out if there is something to do to help.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Betty, yes they got hammered pretty bad.
I am a Central Florida native and am use to losing my power here with all the lightning we have. I was all ready with my generator, and even though it flickered a few times, thank God it stayed on! I would let my son use the generator but I think the roads are still unpassable, especially though the Orlando area....I am about 30 miles west of Orlando, and I hear downtown Orlando is in pretty bad shape as is the Orlando International Airport.
Near my son's house many of the power poles and telephone poles are down so they are ordering people to stay off the roads.
Tahnks again for your prayers!

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel for your stepson. Been without power from hurricanes. I hope they get it on quick. Florida, like Texas is awfully hot this time of year. I am so thankful you are all okay.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Thanks Betty and Steven!
The prayers of the righteous avails much, praise God! The storm turned sooner than anticipated and though we still received some nasty weather it could have been much, much worse!
We did not even lose power! Not the case for my stepson and daughter-in-law who are without power along with approximately 50,000 in the Cetral Florida area. But thank the Lord that they are also safe and only received minor house damage.
Now we get to watch the next tropical system which is about a week away...

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray for you and all those around you. Coming from Houston, Texas, I have been in your shoes several times.

Dear Jesus, Please protect Trafield and his family.
Watch over his home and don't allow it to suffer damage. Help him to be calm and feel safe. I know how scary this storms can be but feel his heart with your love and peace. Protect everyone in this path of this storm. Please do not let anyone die from this storm. Help people who are on the fence believing you exist but not wanting to make a decision to use this time to call out to You and to accept You as their Savior.
Amen

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenL
Advanced Member
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StevenL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray!

God has His Way in the whirlwind and in the storm.

I wish I were there.. I've always wanted to experience one of those big ones. Great expression of the Power of God.

The Lord bless you and your household and keep you from all harm.

Posts: 144 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hurricane Charley now a Category 4 storm at 145mph...

I am living right in the projected path. Keep me and those living in the path of this storm in your prayers. I will post back here when I am able...but I expect major power outages at the least so I am not sure when I can be back on line. Currently stating to get many tornado warnings in the area...

I am holding to the promises of Psalm 91.

God bless you all.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement