Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Truth today 2 Timothy 3 > Undeniable

Author Topic: Truth today 2 Timothy 3 > Undeniable
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 9 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was watching the local news tonight and they had a piece about a new anti-smoking campaign in town called "Queers Kick Ash". It is apparently being spearheaded by the local Gay/Lesbian Alliance. I don't really know what else to say about it. I wonder if Joe Camel was straight.

[crying]

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaron -

I too love that picture!!!

I am using this post in the Warning to Catholics thread - Hope you don't mind...I thought it appropriate based on some happenings there...

Favor Minded

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
I love your avatar, Aaron.

Ha! Thanks. If I could I would include the caption "Believing is Seeing". [cool_shades]

"You shall be as gods; knowing good and evil." This is the timeless lie of the enemy that pervades our culture today.

I've met quite a few witches. With one I drew pictures of plants, animals, weather, ground, sky, people, spirits, emotions, etc. and said to her, "Now correct me if I'm wrong but wicca teaches that when a witch can balance these forces in one's life then they will experience peace and fulfillment.
She said, "Yes, that's correct."
I then drew a picture of an "over spirit" or connecting force between all the images. I said, "Finding balance between all these forces is your connection with the over-force or "god" as some would call it, right?"
She agreed.
I then drew a picture of a girl in the center of the other pictures and said, "let me suggest to you that your path to fulfillment is not taken by laboring to make these forces fit in your life, but rather it is to find the place that God has already established for you."
I waited a bit for that to set in. After all, I just exposed the lie of her religion. Some will not want to hear any more.
But she stared at the pictures and began to cry.
"Cindy," I said, "What an impossible burden you have undertaken: to try to fit yourself into the scheme of life around you- into places you don't belong- feeling like an outcast and a failure because what you have tried to create in your own strength has already been created by God."
Full tears at this point- this twenty-six year old mother was curled up like a scared child; clutching her purse and sobbing.
"Cindy, I know something about the one who created a place for you. If you want I will share what I know."
She nodded.

This was how we began our conversation about Jesus. [thumbsup2]

Aaron

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Endoxos ,

I am sure you are right, but it so sad that so many young people have no respect for God.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chances are, are that "Satan bless you" bit is nothing more than to get your goose. Most Satanists don't believe in Satan (ie the run-o-the-mill ones you see) but rather, embrace hedonism, "worship of the flesh and self", Darwinistic "survival and power to the fittest", and the opposite of Christianity (ie our vice is their virtue, our virtue is weakness to them). Only rebellious teens and black magic Satanists (and in a weird sort of way, Gnostic Christians as well... sort of...) actually worship Satan and acknowledge him as god.

I heard it once from a Wiccan as to how saying "God bless you" is to others... it is as if they went around proselytizing us saying "Odin bless you" or whatnot... so that "Satan bless you" was little more than a "See how you like it!" stab. Being a teen, chances are it either rubbed off from friends or rebellion against all that represents good... but it was likely that noone specific taught her that, it was instinctual rebellion... oppose and reverse your blessing to get a shock out of you.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

WOW!

That is so sad - To see the Enemy getting his foot so far in the door...

We know it has to happen, but I sure hate to see what is happening with the kids....

Satan Bless You - WOW! Never heard it before like that but I can only imagine that she hears it from friends, or worse, at home with family...

And the Enemy - And if the AntiChrist already knows who he is, is lovin' every minute of it [Frown]

[mad2]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whitesands777

The suitation with the youth is so sad. I have had a young girl of 12 or 13 tell me that she hates God. Another says she worships satan so that hell will be fun for her.
I told her hell will be fun for no one including the devil. I told her that I would pray for her and God bless her. She replied "satan bless you"

It breaks my heart.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favor minded....Amen! I didn't know that it has already gone that far with a super president position by 2006...Oh we are close!

Aaron, you're right....I've heard of statements made by the pope that all religions are an o.k pathway to God....

You and I know that is false, but if you were to ask just any person out there about this they wouldn't have a clue...

I posted on a motorcycle racing forum (I used to race competitively) and a 13 year old kid got ahold of my IM and asked me how to get into racing...I told the kid all the little things she needed to know(yes it was a little girl) and I told her "most important of all, make sure that you're right with God and that you are saved by Jesus Christ...Because this is a very dangerous sport."

She replied with...."Uh..o.k...whatever....I don't believe in God."

I was shocked this came from a normal sounding little girl....Sadly this is the case with alot of America's youth...Most kids have been indocterinated in schools not to believe in God by the teaching of darwinism and evolutionary theory...Music, schools, and even our leaders have tried to take God out....

This was prophecied 2000 years ago...It's amazing the state that we are in...

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is only a matter of time before more and more Relgions are going to agree on having "one god", who will represent all, for all so they can agree. But, their "god" will reject the belief in Jesus.
You will be able to worship anything you want but Jesus.

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

Sorry for sabotaging the thread, but I love your avatar Aaron.

I have a written copy and the caption says.
"What matters most is how you see yourself."

Every time we look at the image we should remind ourselves of what God can work through us.

Aaron
unregistered

whitesands777

We agree. I have been aware of the one-world movement since I was a teen-ager. Pieces are indeed being set into place for the "final solution to the Christian problem".

Muslims are redefining their religion as "The Religion of peace". Catholics, Protestants, Jews, and Muslims are sitting at the same tables agreeing on the sovereignty of man. "Christians" are coming to the "aid" of Buddhist statues.

The major religions- some 5.5 billion or so; will agree that man is to be valued above all. The millions that proclaim "Christ is my treasure" will be marked for destruction; the whole dogmatic and ignorant lot of them- or so the world will reason.

Aaron

Favor Minded
unregistered

Right you Are - The European Union is set to become the World Economic Super Power, and publicly declares their intent ot be exactly that. While China too will indeed be strong and quite possibly will not bend to the request to become "Euro" minded - It is difficult to say what they'll do.

For the first time since it's inception, they will have what their constitution calls a Super President. Their new constitution, which has completely removed ALL references of Christianity as of May, declares that instead of the traditional 6 month rotating services of all member presidents and prime ministers, in 2006 the New Super President Position with be granted Supreme Power and authority for five years. It also clearly states that NO ONE may oppose in any manner ANY decisions made by the person who holds this office.

Among those who have been suggested to run for this position are Tony Blair, Prince Charles who WANTS the Job (He was kicked out of our White House forever for leaking information to Europe) and several others.

I put these together so people could see how the prophecy of the Risen Roman Empire is Indeed Happening - Almost completed as of May 2004 -
Ancient Roman Empire

Current European Union

The Rise Of the Roman Empire

America is on the road to judgment. The Bible says, Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people (Proverbs 14:34). Again, The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God (Psalm 9:17). Soon terrorism and war may engulf America and the world as sin is judged. When it happens, the human race will have brought the devastating destruction upon itself, for they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same (Job 4:8).

America has never been in such a state of degradation and hopelessness. Truly America is loaded with iniquity and will soon have to pay for it. Judgment may be imminent for our beloved nation. Isaiah describes the judgment of the "latter days" as being administered upon all nations-including America. Micah 5:15 adds: I make a full end of all nations. I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard. [God] shall bring forth judgment to the nations (Isaiah 42:1), and the destroyer of the nations is on his way (Jeremiah 4:7). No doubt about it-America is part of the "all nations" being readied for judgment.

Fox News reports: "Taliban supreme leader Mullah Mohammed Omar, defiant despite the series of stunning setbacks, told the BBC that the Taliban pullback from urban centers was part of a larger strategy that aims to destroy America. ‘If God's help is with us, this will happen within a short period of time — keep in mind this prediction,’ he said. ‘The real matter is the extinction of America, and God willing, it will fall to the ground.’ Omar also ruled out taking part in a multiethnic government that the United Nations has proposed for Afghanistan, saying he'd rather die than join an ‘evil government.'

The headlines everyday show us that we are moving VERY QUICKLY, headlong into the end of the age...AMEN! Jesus IS Coming Soon!

And the AntiChrist is planning to prove that Jesus NEVER Existed!!

Check this out - http://thebeastmovie.com

Favor Minded

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
The world is not ready for the final judgment: the one world religion, government, etc has not been accepted by the masses. Presently, however, we can trust the Lord to show us the futility of trusting the world and its systems. I suppose I wasn't too clear about this earlier.

Aaron

It is coming and is close...The one world government has snuck under the radar of the masses and has been introduced by deception...

It probably won't be like what most would expect...Like with a single name depicting the name of the government of the world...More than likely it will be a union of nations such as exists at the U.N. (United Nations)....What does United Nations mean anyway ? The union of all nations ?

Think of the U.S. and what it means...We are one country that is a union of different states..Thus the United States....Now think about the word United Nations...Kinda gives it a different meaning doesn't it ?

Those guys don't get policy pushed through like this by being upfront about it...You sneak it in the back door so no one recognizes what you're really doing...I know it sounds like cosnpiracy but this is how the mark of the beast will occur...probably by deception...

Isn't satan the father of lies and didn't the fall of the human race begin by deception ?

There already exists a world court, world bank, IMF (international monetary fund) ect ect...

The European Union...I don't know how many of you are aware of this but all of Europe is united in the same fasion as the Roman Empire that existed in the time that Jesus walked the earth...The EU is the union of all European nations...

The world is deeper in a one world system than most of us would really like to admit...

Scary, but our redemption draws near!

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

The world is not ready for the final judgment: the one world religion, government, etc has not been accepted by the masses. Presently, however, we can trust the Lord to show us the futility of trusting the world and its systems. I suppose I wasn't too clear about this earlier.

Aaron

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your sooo right texasgrandma, God will pour out wrath on all nations. He also said all the nations would come up against Jerusalem. Wonder where that will leave the U.S. Will the U.S also go up to fight against Jerusalem seeing we seem to be her only true ally right now? Or could U.S. become so stricken with something such as a bad nuclear attack, or busted economically that she does not go to either attack or defend? Just some questions I have had, no matter, God will bring His people thru it. All praises be unto His Name forever!
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During the tribulation, God will pour out over all the world. Every Country will be affected by the vials of the wrath of God.
That is why I prayed that we escape the wrath of God by going up in the rapture.

--------------------

Aaron
unregistered

"Destruction of America" is pretty vague.
While I don't believe in the literal destruction of America (via explosion or earth quake or...) I believe that America, as a country, will lose its sovereignty among the nations of the world. Such a reality is inevitable in a world consumed by the powers of darkness in the final days.

The American people, not too long ago, chose a ruler based upon his ability to positively influence the economy and overlooked his (quite public) sinful behavior. Our economy took quite beating on September 11, 2001.

We are currently debating whether or not we will be like Sodom and Gomorrah. If memory serves, the story of those two towns has a pretty bad ending. [1zhelp]

Aaron

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
America has always been a Country that seeks to help every one in the world when disastor comes.
Are you sure about that? Hmm... maybe you're right. Let's rewrite the history books again to conform with your narrow view of American history, shall we?

quote:
Maybe not at first but the first time their Country has a disastor.
China has a roaring economy. If The soviet Union and America fall, China will be the leader. Interesting... China was once the largest economy in the world before they made contact with Europeans.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

You are so right. There are many Countries that would love to see America fall. When She does these same Countires will grieve. Maybe not at first but the first time their Country has a disastor. America has always been a Country that seeks to help every one in the world when disastor comes.

I selfishly pray that She will not fall until after the Rapture. But that is not a sin because we are told in God's Word to Pray for the soon Return of our Lord and Savior.
[Wink]

--------------------

shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bro. Greg:
Hardryve I too agree and believe that America will soon fall! It will be a great fall indeed also. When it does I believe MANY will mourn the fall of this country and start to fall as well. Why? Because this country is supporting most of them. Take the support from under a bridge and the road on it will fall also. This country can not go on much longer with all the damnable things it promotes and allows! It will fall and I believe it will be soon!

I may sound a little unpatriotic with this post but I have served my time in both support and defense of this country but that doesn't mean I am loyal to the damnable things it promotes. I am loyal to Christ Jesus and Him alone! He will NEVER fall! [Smile]

Funny you should say that, I felt the same way for a while too. And I love this country. But again the Bible talks about 2 great nations that will fall. I believe Russia was the first and we are the second. I m not a religious fantiac but we re living in the last days.

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
characteristics of babylon:

1. is an end time nation judged by God, Is.13:8,13. 21:3 Jeremiah 50:4,20

2. is a rich and economically prospourous nation, Jeremiah 50:37 51:13 Rev. 18:3,9

3. is a world military power Jer. 51:53

4. Is a country who has defeated mighty kingdoms thru war Jer.50:23 51:20-21

5. is a land that sits among many waters Jer51:13

6. Has a heritage in the God of Israel,But has sinned and turned from God Jer. 50:11,14,24

7. God would have healed the land but she will not repent. 2. Chron. 7:4 Jer. 51:8-9

8. The good news of the Messiah goes forth from the land of babylon but it will be cut off in time of harvest, end of age. Jer. 50:16 Matt.13:39

9. It is a country that does not believe it will experience wrath and judgement of God. Is.47:5,7-10, Rev. 18:7-8

10. The attacking power against Babylon is from the north. Jer.50:3,9,26,41 51:48

11. Is destroyed by extremely accurate arrows(missles) Jer. 50-9,14,29,42 51:3,11

12. A fire is kindled in its cities. Jer. 50:32
Rev.18:8

13. It is destroyed like Sodom and Gamorah. Is.13:19 Jer. 50:40

14. It never will be ibhabited again Is. 13:19-20, Jer. 50:3,13,26 Jer 39:40 51:2-3,26,29,37,43,63,64

15. Nations of the world tremble and shake with fear at babylons defeat Jer. 50:46 Rev. 18:9-10

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bro. Greg:
I may sound a little unpatriotic with this post but I have served my time in both support and defense of this country but that doesn't mean I am loyal to the damnable things it promotes. I am loyal to Christ Jesus and Him alone! He will NEVER fall! [Smile]

I don't think it sounds unpatriotic at all. In fact, if you really think about it, those persons who are supporting "the damnable things" are the real traitors. By allowing and encouraging this country (or any country) to proceed hellbent to destruction, and discouraging at every turn all efforts by God's people to make this "One Nation Under God" again in the true sense, this nation has turned against itself.

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

quote:
Incredible is the exact way in which the word describes perfectly the present conditions of mankind. Stiffnecked and blantent scoffers, or mockers of: only "Jesus", no other but "Jesus". We never see allah or buddha, or any of the 10,000 mythical gods being abused or mocked in this fashion, this alone should make anyone at least think about why it is always "Jesus" that is being held up to scorn and mocked before the world.

That is awesome..I mean, that right there is a faith builder.....No one ever mocks the gods of false religions...But the name of Jesus is made fun of all the time....And Jesus told us this would happen 2,000 years ago.

We love You Jesus!!! [clap2]

Bro. Greg
Advanced Member
Member # 2943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bro. Greg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hardryve I too agree and believe that America will soon fall! It will be a great fall indeed also. When it does I believe MANY will mourn the fall of this country and start to fall as well. Why? Because this country is supporting most of them. Take the support from under a bridge and the road on it will fall also. This country can not go on much longer with all the damnable things it promotes and allows! It will fall and I believe it will be soon!

--------------------
Isaiah 5:20(KJV) 20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Bro. Greg
In and By His Grace
http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/pass_it_on

Posts: 527 | From: Montana, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hardryve
Community Member
Member # 3672

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Hardryve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, I would like to say there aren't many who agree with the destruction of America as I was quite surprised that StevenL was in agreement. There are many in churches as well the un-believing that oppose this view or are simply just ignorant of the facts.

God was so very clever as to only allow man under the guidance of the Holy Spirit to reveal just enough(the written word) that we should know. The Holy Spirit has taken those who desire to go into the deep that is only understood within the spirit of those whose spirit can confirm and understand future revelations that the scoffers and mockers say "can't find it written in the Bible", so it must not be considered truth in anyway,God's word is so simple that a child can understand but at the same time is so deep that can only be revealed to us by His Holy Spirit and discernment, yes there alot of soothsayers and liars cloaked about with the trappings of the father of lies, but through discernment being guided by God's Holy Spirit, satan's snares never overcome His truth, isnt God just fantastic? But alot have stayed a shore, because of persecutions mainly, and it is not the mainstream understanding of today.

This scripture represent's so much truth not only to the un-believing but to the carnal thinkers.
Jesus used simplicity as going so far as to say occupy till I come. He knew we would be wanting to play, name that date or time or compare history with the present. The adamic nature is forever reaching further than what it needs, as satan himself pervades and masks his agenda's throughout the mainstream churches as well every person who has a solid hold of the truth within them.

There is so much evidence scriptually that it is so hard to imagine why folks continue in their ignorance's. I had read that article entitled "God doesn't believe in atheists", such a simple but most profound statement by the author, again another demonstration of truth piercing, and yet still their are folks who tried to discredit the messenger, which is exactly the method satan uses all the time.

I had posted a copy of that on another forum and the results where staggering, how many supposedly intelligent people either brushed aside sarcastically or flat out just refused the truth and with their rationalizations just mused over the article as just another fundy talking myths.

Incredible is the exact way in which the word describes perfectly the present conditions of mankind. Stiffnecked and blantent scoffers, or mockers of: only "Jesus", no other but "Jesus". We never see allah or buddha, or any of the 10,000 mythical gods being abused or mocked in this fashion, this alone should make anyone at least think about why it is always "Jesus" that is being held up to scorn and mocked before the world.

It is a most perilous time to be alive, but it is even more exciting to be alive. Knowing what is to come and knowing who's holding your hand.....Hardryve

--------------------
Hardyrve the Paladin
When The Pain Of Remaining The Same Is Greater Then The Pain To Change Thats When You Will Change!

Posts: 14 | From: North Central: Florida, USofA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Whitesands.

We have proof of that right on our own bulletin board. Look into the thread under Bible Topics, Help, Where is this refuted?

[clap2]

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

quote:
It's my belief that the words of jesus are meant for the individual to interpret.
Oh...Be very careful with that one...Many individuals will take scripture and use it to support false teachings such as the new age beliefs...

satan took God's word and twisted it to decieve Eve in the Garden of Eden...satan also quoted scripture to tempt Jesus...

God's word is truth...People have been interpreting the Bible and using their interpretations to support a lie...just as satan did...

Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niedziejkore,

That phrase sounds an awful lot like some of the nonsense from the Gnostic "Gospel" of Thomas. Be wary of phrases you are not 100% sure of their Biblical origin, because most are 180 degrees of what the Bible actually teaches (ie "God helps those who help themselves", "God loves the sinner, but hates the sin", and "Cleanliness is next to godliness" are some that come to mind).

Though you are right, that violence and sin has existed from the dawn of time... but, consider...

* WWII... Nagasaki and Hiroshima... how long did it take for those nukes to fall from the sky, and just how many were killed in the instant they blew up? Do you know how many days it would take a large Roman army to accomplish the same thing to that many people? Yet, the 3 people in the Enola Gay killed 74,000 people at Nagasaki in a single second, and hundreds of thousands more over a period of years! What other era is capable of such destruction?!
* Hitler, in WWII, committed an act of genocide so atrocious, that led to the deaths of about 6 million Jews, not to mention another 6 million other Europeans, such as "unfit" Germans, the Roma, Sinti, Polish, Russians, etc. Consider Stalin, who killed over 13 million. It took 5 Crusades a period of over 200 years (from about 1000 to 1200) to come remotely close, with only 9 million dead. Let's compare... 200 years for major massacre ~1000 years ago, 20 years for MORE than that damage only ~50 years ago.
* Consider homosexuality... from the dawn of time, until, what, last year, homosexuality was considered acceptable among the unsaved and the pagans... but now, so-called Christian churches view the abominable practice as being acceptable, and that even a pastor may be gay. The Lord says that the effeminate and abusers of themselves with mankind will have no part in the kingdom of Heaven... just as liars and fornicators, and all those who refuse to repent of what God has proclaimed as sin... yet these very people *teach* about the kingdom of God! Repentance means to understand that God calls something sin, then *turn away* from it, fight its desires, find it disgusting, as God sees even our most righteous deeds as filthy rags, we ought to see our sins as being twice as filthy, and loathe them, not embrace them because "times change".
* Though adultery has long existed, only now do we have websites that *promote* infidelity... before, it was the simple "working-woman" offering her wares in secretive areas, but now, it's "It's GOOD to have an affair, and here's how you can have one without getting caught!" being blasted from websites.
* Abortions rarely occured in times past, simply because the child was actually needed to help the family survive, and the more, the better... but ever since Roe v. Wade, over 43,000,000 babies have been murdered out of sheer lack of want. You don't WANT to raise a baby with Down's? Abort 'em. You don't WANT to raise a baby that *might* not be his? Abort 'em. You don't WANT the baby who was conceived against your will? Sink down to the level of the person who did something against your will, and do something against someone else who is even more helpless... abort 'em. 43,000,000 in 30 years. That's more than all the genocides ever committed from 1900-1999 combined. 43 million lives lost because noone wanted them. May as well kill every single man, woman, and child in California, Maryland, and Connecticut. Who is to say they are more or less valuable?
* Though man has always committed idolatry, seldom did it involve self-deification... the most prominent self-deified figures are Tammuz and Semiramis. Now, we have entire seminars dedicated to "finding the god or christ consciousness within you", and advertizing that appeals to the "goddess within you".
* Gnostic beliefs were quelled around 100 AD, but have been "resurrected" with the Nag Hammadi Library, and have become mainstream, particularly because of The Matrix trilogy, and are being mistakenly passed off as Christianity by many so-called Christians.

Man has always sinned... but never to the extremes as now.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISITjhn423
unregistered

Niedziejkore

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; - Acts 17:24-25

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. - Acts 17:27-29

OR

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. - Luke 17:20-21

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Well, I can say that I've seen a change in America in the last 20 years...It's gotten progressively worse...Homosexuality is more open and accepted...Evolution is widely taught in schools and presented as fact...In our "advanced society" it has been legal to kill a baby as it is being born...Actually freakin' legal to take a human life!!!! I can remember when businesses were closed on sunday...The world has become so busy that many have ignored God...

The last century has been the bloodiest century of all time...The same evils have exhisted for thousands of years but it is MUCH more prevailent now and it has dramatically increased in a very short timespan!

There was a time when I was decieved as well!
I thank my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for rescuing me and showing me His truth!

The time is getting near and what a glorious Day it will be!

StevenL
Advanced Member
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StevenL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I believe we are going to witness first hand the destruction of America and various other nations before this generation passes"

I know that America will be destroyed as will every other gentile nation. I'm not as sure about the time frame but I'm sure it's a goner. And the religion of America will be destroyed as well, including the "christian" part of it. That's what's going to be the big shocker to many. Should we fear the destruction? No. The Father does all things well and justly.

Posts: 144 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hardryve
Community Member
Member # 3672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hardryve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scripture speaks of the future. Even though these things have been around along time; as a day to the Lord is as a thousand days etc, still doesn't negate what is apparent in today's world, actually it's most fitting when comparing it to sodom&gormorrah. The average person holds to this view that these things are common in the light of history, but it is certain when acknowledging Israel as it's own country, and the rise in Muslum religious politics.

I believe we are going to witness first hand the destruction of America and various other nations before this generation passes.

--------------------
Hardyrve the Paladin
When The Pain Of Remaining The Same Is Greater Then The Pain To Change Thats When You Will Change!

Posts: 14 | From: North Central: Florida, USofA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenL
Advanced Member
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StevenL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You will not find me within walls of stone. Look under every rock, within every tree. I will be there."

Sorry, no such thing in the Bible. [Smile]

Posts: 144 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I can remember a time when even crimmals had respect for women and old people. I can recall when criminals did not use a weapon in robbing because it brought a lesser prison term.
No... you think you remember a time like that, but that period of history has never occurred in the united states. I can give you a list of serial killers prior to 1952. I can also give you a list of gangsters that preferred a tommy gun to their fists. I'm sure criminals in the "Wild West" used knives and guns when robbing covered wagons or banks. Bottom line... wether you like it or not, violence has always been a part of human culture, there is no denying that. The bible is full of violence as well... as well as rape in the name of god, which is violence committed upon women.

quote:
Used to be if you talked about God people even if they disagreed were respectful enough to keep quiet. Now people tell you to your face that if you believe in God that you must be weak or slightly mental. Yes, things are getting worse. I pray God comes soon.
I go to a state university, and i have talked with a lot of people there... and when I tell people I believe in god I get mixed reactions until i explain exactly what it is I believe. Some people assume i'm a baptist who loves the christian coalition and american family association, billy graham, republicans, etc. That is, until I explain to them exactly where I stand on issues. And I have met a lot of like-minded individuals. It's my belief that the words of jesus are meant for the individual to interpret. Jesus speaks to each and evrey one of us and it is up to us to find out what he is saying. Therefore, I do not go in for the cult mentality some christians insist I have. I will never join a church. After all, all priests claim to be men of god, yet each denomination believes fundamentally different things.

On top of that it is my belief that Jesus opposed organized religion in one verse of the bible... I can't remember exactly where it was, can someone help me find it? It went something like:

"You will not find me within walls of stone. Look under every rock, within every tree. I will be there."

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I disagree. Hubby and I often talk about how things go on today that would not been allowed when we were children. Take for that popular sticker that some people put on their cars showing a boy tickling on different car brands, this would never been allowed when we young.
When when we were kids we said prayer every morning with our public school teacher in class and no parents complained. Not only did you not see homosexual characters on tv but there was no push for homosexual marriage. If you said homosexual activity was a sin no one accused you of being a hatred and prejuiduce.
I can remember a time when even crimmals had respect for women and old people. I can recall when criminals did not use a weapon in robbing because it brought a lesser prison term.
I am 52 and I can remember when we slept with the front door open and the front screen door unlocked.
Yes, things are getting worse. Used to be if you talked about God people even if they disagreed were respectful enough to keep quiet. Now people tell you to your face that if you believe in God that you must be weak or slightly mental. Yes, things are getting worse. I pray God comes soon.

--------------------

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

quote:
There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

Well, you'd think the end of day would have came centuries ago... people have been like this for a millennia.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Hardryve
Community Member
Member # 3672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hardryve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Timothy 3:1-5; is one of the most on target passages for today, tommorrow, and for the end of times. I would like to focus in on the first 5 verses from the NIV:

Godlessness in the Last Days

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

God is such a direct hit isn't He? Only God has mercy and compassion to herald the truth in these 5 verses, it is a wonder how many completely miss this account of the present condition of the world.

You would think that these verses alone would convince the most hardened heart today with everything that is going on, but in fact it doesn't invade or even provoke a thought in the most intelligent people so they claim(the intelligent ones). Oh yes it does provoke a thought, how pride can be mis-understood as a right, perhaps a ignorant right. Pride is the pillar that most who ignore the simple yet deep truths of God shield their hearts against the word piercing them at the core of their un-belief.

We that know differently now, at one time used the same tactical maneuvers as they still do today. Doesn't it seem that suffering for the most part has to lead us to the truth eventually? Speaking for myself it was that way personally. Oh how much needless pain we bere, is how the song goes, oh how much truth encompasses those lyrics. Some never come either by pain or compassion.

God is so patient, to take all this slander and withold His anger but for a few more years. Just a few more years, many that I listen to on talk radio perceive that by the year 2010 the world as we know it today will be un-recognizable. Yet just as the word illuminates with every passing day men as well women wax worse and worse. Such violence against God and His people today, everywhere it's anti-american's, and anti-God. Are we really prepared for the worse? Some are, but most definately alot are filled with worry and frustrations.

Worrying doesn't add a hair on our heads, and weakens our faith, delutes it. The mainstream churches of today are finding out so many revealed truths about how God really see's behind the curtain's of our agenda's. How many supposed men of faith turning aside in favor of homosexual issues, and some have no shame or embarassment but proudly preach this now is an exceptable lifestyle that God would want us to embrace as the new "truth". Suddenly we have the "new truth".

Perilous times indeed my friends, of which we haven't seen nothing yet, the birth pains are only beginning. One thing that brings comfort in all this is this fact; nothing that comes forth will stop the plan of God. As men's hearts start to fail them God will be strenghening those who will remain faithfull to the end, again just as He promised, for He is the word, and having digested the word we have Him as our strength as we go our way tommorrow and the next day facing off with our own fleshly ways and that of our neighbors.

Exciting isn't it? I find it so, we are that generation which will behold His coming, as dark as it gets even the coruption of satan cannot stop us who hold to the Almighty God who knows every tactic of the enemy as he advances to his doom. Sickness, pain, and suffering will not defeat the seeds of righteousness that have been planted by the Holy Spirit. 2 Timothy3:1-5 exposing and laying bare before us man's inner agenda's. So evident, so crystal clear a child can rap it's mind around this truth. It is to exhort all who believe that Jesus can't wait to come back, just as we await His coming, the darkest hour is yet to come, but so is the brightest light the earths inhabitat's will behold.

So those who may worry about the condition of the world today, take to heart His words and His faithfullness that He will never leave us nor forsake us, He holds us in His mighty power yesterday, today and tommorrow strenghten what remains, keep pressing the carnal nature into subjection and submission, you know we will win so smile and take comfort this day, it has been made perfectly for each and every one of us to reflect the image of God's mercies and compassion, with Him what can the devil do with such men and women.

These things must take place beloved, so press on for another day, fight the giant's in your life, you are an overcomer remember that this morning when you rise out of that bed, for it won't be long till we go to the place where the roses never fade.........................Hardryve the Paladin....Pressing forward

--------------------
Hardyrve the Paladin

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement