Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Something to think about

Author Topic: Something to think about
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info TexasGrandma!! Excellent!
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Niedziejkore:
What are you talking about, Hisgrace? do you really believe "dike" is a racist word? Or should I refrence you to a dictionary? Look it up. I believe the word you are looking for is "Kike", which is a disparaging word for a Jew... or maybe you're thinking of "Dyke", which is a disparaging word for a lesbian. Who knows

Sorry I should have read the post more closely. "Dike" is a disparaging word for the
Dutch because they are well known for having dikes in Holland.(The Netherlands)

I don't believe absolutely every word I see on the web. There may be a grain of truth in it, but it is often embellished and twisted to suit the views of the author.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] '" Personally I would have to hold to the position since I was not a part of the conversation between the men I can not and will not place judgment upon either of them for it is not my place.

As to the statement
quote:
... an act which would have killed a million people by Nixon's estimate.
Number One remember this, the number is an estimate only. Also as to the number of people and the fact of them being man, woman and child, you can also include animals in this. That thought brings me to a question however, can anybody on this board definitely tell me they know with out a doubt God was not involved in the decision. Deuteronomy 7:16 - And you shall destroy all the peoples that the LORD your God will give over to you, your eye shall not pity them; neither shall you serve their gods, for that would be a snare to you. Joshua 9:24 - They answered Joshua, "Because it was told to your servants for a certainty that the LORD your God had commanded his servant Moses to give you all the land, and to destroy all the inhabitants of the land from before you; so we feared greatly for our lives because of you, and did this thing. 1 Samuel 15:3 - Now go and smite Am'alek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and *** .

As I stated earlier I can not and will not attempt to judge man for actions taken, I am just as guilty as anybody for choices I have made in my life. James 2:10 - For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Therefore I am not qualified to throw the first or any stone at anybody for any thing.
John 8:7 - So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. My love to all the members of our family [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
Anyway... I don't understand what point people are trying to make by acting like something he did 30 years ago does not matter at all. Of course it does! Try telling a convicted felon that the things that happen long ago don't matter.
Try telling that to the thief that was on the cross near Jesus, and has entered the Heavenly Kingdom, that his past matters.
No, we that are born again should leave the past in the past, and look toward a future of a renewing of our minds in Christ Jesus. For He, in His abundant Grace and Mercy, burns up our past and future sins so that we can be clean.
There are always consequences for sin, and what we do contrary to the work of Christ will be burned up and we will lose rewards. Indeed, we are now called to be set free of sin and death as we follow the One who has power over sin and death.
Thank you, Lord, for your Grace and Mercy!

Isaiah 43:25
I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

Hebrews 8:12
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15
11For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work.
14If any man’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.
15If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Glassnobody
Advanced Member
Member # 2434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassnobody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
BTW, I find the word d--e very racist.

Taken from webster:
Main Entry: dike
Function: noun
1 : an artificial watercourse : DITCH
2 a : a bank usually of earth constructed to control or confine water : LEVEE b : a barrier preventing passage especially of something undesirable
3 a : a raised causeway b : a tabular body of igneous rock that has been injected while molten into a fissure

The word dyke is another spelling of dike but has also taken on the meaning of a derogatory term against lesbian women.

I’m curious as to how you take it to be racist.

Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you talking about, Hisgrace? do you really believe "dike" is a racist word? Or should I refrence you to a dictionary? Look it up. I believe the word you are looking for is "Kike", which is a disparaging word for a Jew... or maybe you're thinking of "Dyke", which is a disparaging word for a lesbian. Who knows...

Anyway... I don't understand what point people are trying to make by acting like something he did 30 years ago does not matter at all. Of course it does! Try telling a convicted felon that the things that happen long ago don't matter. This chapter in Billy Graham's life wasn't one in which he was young and naieve, but was one in which he was an adult... talking policy with then President Nixon.

quote:
Maybe if we had done that the Vietnam war would have been won and the people there would be free.
Yeah, it would have won the war. At the cost of over a million innocent vietnamese lives. And we're not talking about soldiers here... women, children, men. Just your average citizens. And if that's not enough, bombing the dikes would have caused their economy to utterly collapse. Now take into account the death toll when you figure in the fact that vietnamese families would be starving... no access to medicine... i mean, there are a lot of problems that happen after an economy collapses. Remember the great depression? Doesn't sound like freedom at all to me. Billy Graham, as educated as he is, would have been aware of the effects back then to know of the implications of the above mentioned act. I find anyone who would suggest that to be despicable.

Also, these remarks aren't "alleged"

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I am confused. I thought dykes were something to do with water? KInda like a dam or something.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

BTW, I find the word d--e very racist.

It really grieves me when I see an attempt to shred the reputation of a true man of God on twisted inuendos and hearsay only, especially when there is nothing better to do than search for something dredged up from alleged remarks said 30 years ago.

If it grieves me, what must it do to our Father.

2 Chron. 26:16 But the people mocked these messengers of God and despised their words. They scoffed at the prophets until the Lord's anger could no longer be restrained and there was no remedy.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 13 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be so quick to judge. People die in war. Maybe if we had done that the Vietnam war would have been won and the people there would be free. Even if he was wrong, the Bible says "Judge not His annoited!" Be careful juding a fellow believer, God may hold you responsible. Leave the judging of God's children to God

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, praise Billy Graham for almost convincing Nixon to bomb the dikes in vietnam!

... an act which would have killed a million people by Nixon's estimate.

The German high commissioner in occupied Holland was sentenced to death at Nuremberg for breaching dikes in Holland in World War Two.

Yeah, real good role model for our youth [Mad]

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
We should pray for Billy Graham because God has put him in a position to reach people we will never meet. I like the rest of you think he has made mistakes in some areas but God is so merciful and He forgives us.

Amen, sister. As far as I am concerned Rev. Billy Graham has only one fault - he is made of flesh.
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We should pray for Billy Graham because God has put him in a position to reach people we will never meet. I like the rest of you think he has made mistakes in some areas but God is so merciful and He forgives us.

--------------------

Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] AMEN Let the Word go forth! [thumbsup2] [clap2] [clap2] [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Trafield and ADV. Christian!

There are things that Graham does that concerns me. I have particular concern for his embracing of the Catholic Church and eccumenism, but this does not change the fact that God has annointed him and used him to bring to Gospel of Jesus Christ to millions. And I think that Franklin Graham is a fine young man and even stronger than his father in conviction and single mindedness of walk.

The Bible tell us that we are held accountable for every idle word we speak and surely God will deal with each and every one of us for our errors in thought and speach, but thankfully he is able to search our hearts and he alone knows the motives and the intentions of our hearts.

I am so thankful that he is a forgiving and merciful God and he chastises and corrects us and his judgements are just.

10 years ago, you would have found me a strong and vocal advocate for abortion.... today God has set me straight. But you can bet your bottom dollar that if I were a well known evangelist, there would be someone out there ready to tear me apart for the words I spoke in error 10 years ago.

Let us be thankful that our God is not like man. He knows from or sorid beginning what we will be in the end by his spirit and his grace.

Can you imagine for one moment what could be done in the world if the body that is Christ's in the earth would seek more to speak that which is TRUTH and seek more to build up than to tear down. What would happen in the world if we as Christians learned to live this scripture?

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

or this one?

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

[Cross] When talking about the subject of Rev. Billy Graham, to me the question that that keeps coming to mind is the same question Jesus asked the Pharisees referenced in Mathew 25:24-27 24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. 25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? 27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. I believe as all scripture is inspired of God and good for instruction, and these verses are attempting to help with the effort of man to clarify whom among the many to come we should give any credence. With that being the case I would say this, the actions of Rev. Billy Graham I have had the fortune to observe seem to strongly give credence to his claim of feeling led of God to bring Gods word to His people, both those found and those lost. I can understand the failings of a man, even a man of God, if he indeed has fail on this matter. (I personally have no knowledge of the tapes or their credibility) Lord knows I fall far shot of even being close to where I should be in my walk with the Lord. With the Lords help I attempt daily to walk closer with every passing day. What ever the case is I can not come to any conclusion on the matter of these statements due to limited knowledge at this time. I can say I will find out what the story is, (from both sides of the story for most of the time that is where the fence is. Neither to the right nor to the left but located between the two sides) just to satisfy my own curiosity. I can say however this will not result in my opinion of Rev Graham to change. Praise God, Rev Graham has introduced a lot of people to Christ and thankfully through Gods guidance caused our family to grow. Love to All. [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Trafield

Thank you. I have always and still respect Bro. Billy Graham

--------------------

Trafield
unregistered

quote:
"... a lot of the Jews are great friends of mine, they swarm around me and are friendly to me because they know that I'm friendly with Israel. But they don't know how I really feel about what they are doing to this country. And I have no power, no way to handle them, but I would stand up if under proper circumstances."
-Billy Graham

To say this quote is antisemtic seems rather absurd. For Billy Graham admits that Jews are great friends of his. I do not know the context of the quote or what he was trying to convey, but I do know the only way to heal this country is to seek God. The Jews (the majority as unbelievers in Jesus)do not know God, though God will remember is eternal covenant and a remnant will be saved.
Regardless, I am glad I am not judged by comments I have made in my past...for as we grow in our relationship with Christ, we are promised a renewing of our minds.

By the way...great article by Franklin, TexasGrandma! [thumbsup2]

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

"... a lot of the Jews are great friends of mine, they swarm around me and are friendly to me because they know that I'm friendly with Israel. But they don't know how I really feel about what they are doing to this country. And I have no power, no way to handle them, but I would stand up if under proper circumstances."
-Billy Graham

Billy Graham, Tangled Up in Tape

By David Vest

Almost thirty years after President Nixon resigned in disgrace, the tapes continue to come out, their power to sully reputations undimmed by time.

Now it is the Rev. Billy Graham who has been made to feel the lash of his own words, secretly taped by the president who sought his spiritual counsel and used him for "cover."

We knew, long ago, of Nixon's own anti-Semitism. We heard his voice on the first wave of tapes, wanting to know how his daughters were being deployed in his re-election campaign. When staffers told him they were scheduled to appear at functions in support of the arts, he protested, "No, no, that's Jews and queers."

Nixon himself has long since lost the power to shock us, even when we hear him proposing to drop nuclear weapons on Vietnam.

But this conversation with Billy Graham is something else again. Here is the most admired and influential religious leader in America complaining to the president of the United States about the Jews and their "stranglehold" on the media, and blaming them for "all the pornography."

Even when Nixon replies that he agrees but "can't say that" in public, Graham presses the point: Yes, right, but if you get elected to a second term, then we could do something about the problem.

Graham adds that while many Jews are friendly to him, "they don't know how I really feel about what they are doing to this country."

Today, Graham claims to have no memory of the conversation, as if to throw ever-so-slight a doubt on whether it actually occurred. Alas, we have the tapes. Advisers (and network news anchors bending over backward to sound respectful) point out that the old evangelist is in his eighties and suffering from Parkinson's disease, an argument similar to the one used to try to keep war criminals from being brought to trial.

What they might have pointed out instead is that Billy Graham, at a time when he was presenting himself as a moral leader and conducting "Crusades for Christ," was saying things no person with the slightest claim to moral stature could be imagined saying, under any circumstances.

Given nearly unfettered access to the highest halls of power, the minister used his influence to slander an entire people, to betray the trust of those who had by his own account been good to him, to urge the most powerful person in the world to act vigorously in the service of bigotry.

Closer in time to Dachau than to the present moment, the "preacher to the presidents" counseled the rankest, crudest, most heart-sickening anti-Semitism.

This news is especially painful to people who have revered Billy Graham, seeing him as a class act who operated on a much higher level than the Jerry Falwells, Pat Robertsons and Jimmy Swaggarts who came after him. I recall how some people who loathed and feared Nixon took comfort in the thought that "at least he's talking to Billy Graham."

Now that we know what poison he was pouring into the president's ear, it will be impossible ever to think of him in the same way again. As paranoid as Nixon was, his spiritual advisor sounds even nuttier.

Dr. Graham says that the statements he cannot remember saying do not reflect his real views, and that he apologizes. For what, one wonders. The word "repentance" has been conspicuously absent from news accounts.

The very thought of all the times Billy Graham has "led the nation in prayer" is painful today, and not just to people who never liked him in the first place, who found him hard to take even at his best.

Had he been caught with a hooker, or with his hand in the till, or busted trying to pick up a boy in a bus station washroom, and it had come out only now, we'd probably just feel embarrassment for the old guy. But this goes way deeper. We have all said things we regret, things we'd never want made public. Graham said them to the president of the United States, from a position of privilege, by way of advice.

What must people be feeling who attended his "Crusades" around the time of that phone call, who heard him preach, who poured down out of the stadium seats at his call to conversion, now that they know what was really on his mind?

David Vest writes the Rebel Angel column for CounterPunch. He is a poet and piano-player for the Pacific Northwest's hottest blues band, The Cannonballs.

He can be reached at: davidvest@springmail.com

Visit his website at http://www.rebelangel.com

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

July 2004
Dear Friend,

We are living in a tremendously challenging period in history, which presents enormous opportunities for the Gospel.

As one crisis after another unfolds on the world scene, Christ's words in Matthew 24 resonate -- "You will hear of wars and rumors of wars ... nation against nation ... famines, pestilences, and earthquakes ... persecution ... false prophets ... lawlessness ... and the love of many will grow cold." Every day we are confronted with the increasing darkness of our world. In fact, I believe we are facing four global wars that threaten civilization.

Since 9/11 we have been confronted with a global war against terrorism. Tens of thousands of troops from the U.S., NATO, and other countries are stationed abroad in countries like Afghanistan and Iraq. Billions of dollars have been spent trying to stem this rising tide of terror. Despite our massive efforts, our lives have been forever changed. Governments regularly issue caution alerts about suspected terrorist activity. Domestic and international travel has been significantly altered. Thousands of brave men and women have been killed and wounded in this fight against evil. In the years to come, we could well see this conflict expand into more countries. This war against the forces of evil will be fought over a very long period of time, with an outcome that seems uncertain. Yet, as believers we know Who has written the last pages of history. It is not Osama bin Laden and his henchmen, but it is Christ Himself.

World leaders seek peace. The United Nations promotes peace. But peace is elusive. The words of the prophet Jeremiah are so relevant today: "'Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace" (Jeremiah 6:14, NIV). True peace is found only in the Prince of Peace, the Lord Jesus Christ.

The terrorist acts of 9/11 have sparked fear and uncertainty in the hearts of millions. As we at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association share the Gospel, hearts seem more open today than in years past as people search for truth.

What is our answer to 9/11? Do we crawl under a rock? Do we hide in a hole? Or do we stand firm and become a light -- a city on a hill that cannot be hidden (see Matthew 5:14)? The Scriptures proclaim, "'Christ will give you light.' See then that you walk [wisely], ... redeeming the time, because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:14-16, NKJV). Let's be bold, and share the Truth in the midst of opposition and difficulty.

There is a second global war raging -- the war against HIV/AIDS. Almost 40 million people are currently infected with the HIV virus. Within the next ten years it is estimated that 100 million people may carry this deadly virus, which has no cure. Life expectancy rates have plummeted dramatically in many parts of the world. Hospitals and clinics are overcrowded with the sick and dying, and the children of AIDS victims roam the streets. In some villages, an entire generation is missing -- casualties of this dread disease -- leaving the elderly and small children to fend for themselves. This is a war we are losing. The millions who are infected and dying desperately need to know the hope that only Christ can offer.

People often ask me if AIDS is a judgment from God. I don't know. I do know that the Bible reveals instances when God has used tragic events like famines, storms, and even disease to accomplish His will and purpose. Each person infected with HIV/AIDS has a soul that is precious to God, and Christ died for that soul. As Christians we should feel the urgency to reach out to this vast multitude with the redeeming love of Jesus Christ. Some have already taken up the challenge through medical missionary work and frontline AIDS ministries.

We need to pray that God will raise up a corps of missionaries who will go into the field of HIV/AIDS -- a field that is dark, dirty, tough, and filled with pain and sorrow and regret -- and take the light of the Gospel to the devil's doorstep, to snatch back from Satan's clutches these precious souls with the transforming message of Christ.

The third global war that has spread into the far corners of the world is a war on culture. This war is being waged in every home, on every street, in every community, in every nation. Satan is the driving force in this spread of moral darkness. Our nation was built on a foundation that acknowledged God and His principles, but unrelenting assaults of violence, sex, and drugs have taken their toll. The halftime episode at the last Super Bowl, shock radio, and MTV are just a few examples of the rank immorality and indecency that characterize the generation in which we live. How pagan we have become.

Think for just a moment of Daniel when he was captured and taken to Babylon. There was not a more pagan society in the world at that time. Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself. We need to take this same vow, that we will not defile ourselves with the immorality of this world. We should dare to be like Daniel -- willing to stand alone.

In many ways, there is little or no difference between Christians and the world in which we live, as a recent U.S. News and World Report article stated that evangelicals are "acting more and more like the rest of us." The Bible says, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Romans 12:2, NIV). We are to be different from the world. We are to hold fast to God's principles and His standards. We must stand firm and resist the devil, not letting him defeat us by enticing us to become like the world. When the world sees that we are different, yes, they will hate us (see Mark 13:13). But remember, they hated Christ first.

Hollywood's version of peace and happiness is ultimately empty and void. Only the love of Jesus Christ can fill the emptiness in the human heart. Believers must take up the challenge and lead the way by continuing to insist on Biblical standards of morality.

But the fourth global war raging today is the oldest -- and the most critical. It is the war for the souls of men and women. The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is on the front lines of this battle, focusing our energies and efforts on evangelism. Our adversary, the devil, seeks to destroy men and women for eternity by blinding their eyes to the truth and holding them captive in their sins. However, the Good News is that Christ died and rose again to forgive our sins and give eternal life to all who believe in Him.

Every follower of Christ is a soldier in this war. We cannot just say that this is the responsibility of the evangelist, pastor, or missionary. Our Lord's commission in Mark 16:15 -- "go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature" (NKJV) -- is for all of us, not just a select few.

How can we do that? Begin by praying for and talking personally with those who do not know the Lord. To help you share your faith, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has a simple, yet powerful, tract called "Steps to Peace with God" that my father has used for years. We would be glad to send you a packet of 10, free of charge. All you have to do is write and ask.

What else can you do? Get involved in your church evangelism programs. Give to financially support the work of evangelism. Help to underwrite a missionary or an evangelistic organization such as the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association or others that are working to proclaim the Gospel worldwide. Make yourself and your resources available to Him, remembering that all we have comes from God.

We should not be surprised as we see these wars raging around us. Jesus told us 2,000 years ago this would happen before His return. Until He comes, we have much to do.

Please pray for my father and me as we prepare for Crusades coming up this fall in Kansas City; Los Angeles; Halifax, Nova Scotia; and Temuco, Chile. These are strategic evangelistic outreaches that will extend far beyond the city limits to include hundreds of communities and will later be broadcast on television to millions of people. Pray that a great harvest of souls will come to know Christ as they hear God's Good News proclaimed.

Friends, we need your prayers and your financial support as we work together in winning this war for the souls of men and women around the world. There is no greater need, no greater battlefield, no greater triumph. Remember that "the battle is the Lord's" (1 Samuel 17:47). Together, as we share in the proclamation of the Gospel, we can affirm the Apostle Paul's triumphant note: "Thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians 15:57, NIV).

God bless you.

Sincerely,

Franklin Graham

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement