Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » PASTOR GETS PRISON FOR SERMON

Author Topic: PASTOR GETS PRISON FOR SERMON
In The Faith
Advanced Member
Member # 1334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In The Faith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well,the way I read this article, the Pastor was speaking about homosexuality... not the person doing it. I take it he is referring to the act.

And he got his information directly from God... through His word. Jesus spoke boldly and expects us to. Paul spoke boldly and was sent to prison.
Homosexuality is gross and a thumb in God's eye.

Just my opinion based on what I have read in the Bible.

--------------------
Don't look at how big the giant is,
Look at how big God is!

Posts: 26 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassnobody
Advanced Member
Member # 2434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassnobody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally think Christians like him are ‘...a horrible cancerous tumor in the body of society’ though unfortunately they are not that abnormal. Hate filled bigots have done far more harm to society than homosexuals have ever done. What could be worse than verbally pushing away people from salvation that in reality are no more wretched and sinful in the eyes of God than the person preaching?
Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beena
Advanced Member
Member # 3518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But this is what I don't understand. Why would he say that in a public sermon if he knows he will be jailed. Can't he come against it in another way?By saying this in a public sermon, will that help to bring homosaexuals to Jesus or will it make them want to stay away from hearing abt Jesus?
What are your thoughts on this aspect?
Thanx
God Bless You [wave3]
Beena :- ]

Posts: 56 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 13 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PASTOR GETS PRISON FOR SERMON

WorldNetDaily.com reports: “A Swedish court has sentenced Ake Green, a pastor belonging to the Pentecostal movement, to a month in prison, under a law against incitement, after he was found guilty of having offended homosexuals in a sermon, according to Ecumenical News International.

Green had described homosexuality as ‘abnormal, a horrible cancerous tumor in the body of society’ in a 2003 sermon.

Soren Andersson, the president of the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender rights, said on hearing Green's jail sentence that religious freedom could never be used as a reason to offend people…”

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39328

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement