Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » men are sick!

Author Topic: men are sick!
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This display of a human body, is perverted!
That the bodies are nude is bad enough, but that portions of the flesh have been removed is sicker still.

The callousness of the hearts of men and women, is disturbing.

Does anyone here really believe that Yahweh /Yeshua would think this a positive thing? That to see such a thing would not break His heart?

This is like something "Hitler" would have thought of.

We all have an oppinion on different ideas of what is right or wrong.

I can't see the Holy Spirit guiding someone into this kind of exhibit. Making it or viewing it!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnnyB
Advanced Member
Member # 3574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnnyB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you ISIT, you defended yourself well.

Whether or not the practice of the "Body Worlds" is ethical is something I am unqualified to answer. I have a few books on Christian Ethics and ethical topics but haven't gotten around to reading them, I would have to survey some evidence and arguments before giving my two cents.

After all is cremation ethical? It was a practice brought into play by reincarnationists who believed that the body must be burned in order to be reincarnated.

I believe in part this question would fall under the catagory of is it okay to celebrate Christmas, considering the pagan influince surrounding it now-a-days and the pagan relations it had in the past. The reason I still celebrate it and think it's fine fore Christians to celebrate it is the reason we celebrate it. We don't celebrate it for pagan reasons but to bring honor and glory to the birth of Christ. If we can take something that was associated with paganism and turn the focus on God then more power to it!

Of course the other issue of cremation would relate to the issue of the "Body Worlds" practices on the body and it's relation to God.

--------------------
It is dangerous for God to give high truth to highly educated people. There is a danger that in the furtherance of that truth it becomes mixed with an alloy of human wisdom. It pleased God on that first Christmas morning to give high truth to humble men, even shepherds in the fields.

Posts: 43 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISITjhn423:
So from dust we are and dust we go.

Amen - I agree.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISITjhn423
unregistered

Niedziejkore - When you die and you are buried in the ground, does not your body decompose back into the earth??? I whole heartedly beleive that we came from the dust. If you look back at the creation and see this through the Spirit. From what your saying is that first their was sperm and egg, and this made human. This is not true man was formed and God breathed the breath of life into him. Hard to grasp in our finite minds, but nothing is hard to understand if it's by the Spirit.

So from dust we are and dust we go, if this processs stops this may cause a fault in God's law. Our bodies decomposes into the earth, and say their is a animal digging up the ground in which a body was laid 500 years ago, the particles of our decomposed body than goes into the grass, or into the air, it may fall on some food, in which a squirrel will eat. All i'm saying is that this might mess up the naturual process of the universe. I know i will want to go back to the earth when i die, because this is where i came from.

Kristi
Advanced Member
Member # 3396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISITjhn423:
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return. - Genesis 3:19

I agree w/ ISITjhn423,

God Said it I believe it!

Genesis 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Holy Bible -- King James Version

That's What my Bible says...

God is our Father in Heaven my (Daddy), I respect Him for Everything He has done in my life and this World He made!

I do not agree w/ the scientists. I think this type of research sould be kept private for doctors. God gave doctors Special Skills to help people, I am a living example of good doctors!

Remember, it's Not About you, it all Starts with God!

Blessings, \o/

KristiAnn

--------------------
YSIC \o/
MsGuidedAngel aka KristiAnn
*~*Kristi Ann's Haven*~*

Posts: 109 | From: Oregon | God Loves You! | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIT, you have to realize that that's a metaphor. We don't come from dust, nor do we turn into dust when we die [Roll Eyes] all god was saying was that we are born from nothing and when we die we become nothing. Or rather something like that, because we are actually created from egg and sperm. When we die we break down into, well, fertilizer, usually through the act of decaying... however through mummification, the body can stay preserved for an extended period of time. mummification is a natural process as well as decaying.

I'd actually like to see the exhibit.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISITjhn423
unregistered

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return. - Genesis 3:19
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 20 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5351522?GT1=4189

Exhibit featuring real human bodies makes U.S. debut in LA

The controversial “Body worlds” display has been sparking protests across the globe for the past eight years By Kristie A. Martinez

Updated: 12:29 p.m. ET July 02, 2004LOS ANGELES - A pregnant woman lies on her side with a hand behind her head as if posing for a nude photograph. But her dead body isn't the only thing exposed. Her heart, intestines and 8-month-old fetus are visible as well.

The woman was one of more than 200 people who donated their cadavers for use in “Body Worlds: The Anatomical Exhibition of Real Human Bodies,” which makes its U.S. debut Friday at the California Science Center.

Intended to teach people about the human skeletal, cardiovascular and other systems, the final exhibit includes 25 bodies that have undergone a process called “plastination” in which body fluids are replaced with clear, pliable plastic.

Most have been skinned or dissected to reveal muscles, bones, nerves and organs. Some show damage done by cancer, lung disease and other illnesses.

A female body has been posed like a swimmer and hung from the ceiling with its arm muscles dangling from wrist bones. Two bodies—an adult and child—have been stripped down to blood vessels and positioned with the youth riding atop the shoulders of the grown-up.

Since debuting in Tokyo in 1996, the show has aroused controversy as well as curiosity. Its shocking display of flesh and bones has offended many observers who claim it violates the sanctity of the human body.

However, German scientist Gunther von Hagens, who created the exhibit and the preservation technique, defends his work as educational and enlightening. “It's more than time that we show how the body really looks,” he said.

Millions of viewers, numerous protests

Ric Francis / AP
A cadaver preserved through a process called "plastination" is displayed at the California Science Center Wednesday, June 30, 2004, in Los Angeles

In the past eight years, "Body Worlds" has toured Asia and Europe, attracting nearly 15 million visitors and a number of critics who have dubbed von Hagens “Dr. Death” and “Frankenstein” because of his work.

In Frankfurt, Germany, the Lutheran church said the display was amoral and insulting to the dead. At a London show, one visitor covered the body of the pregnant woman with a blanket because he couldn't stand seeing the fetus.

Recent visitors to the California Science Center said they had mixed feelings about the coming exhibit.

Eva Edwards was fascinated until she discovered the exhibit featured real human bodies. She quickly saw a conflict between her religious and scientific beliefs. “Religiously, we feel the body should be respected and buried,” she said. “I don't really feel that scientifically.”

The impact on her 9-year-old daughter was even more profound. The girl started crying when she realized the bodies in the preview pictures were real.

The body parts didn't bother 16-year-old Zahra Nankani, who was visiting the center as part of a youth conference on medicine. “I think it's amazing to see real live body parts, and the vulnerability and intricacy of a human body,“ Nankani said. “Most people don't get to see this.”

Visitors younger than‘The limited possibilities—to be either burned or to rot in earth—always seemed degrading to me and were problematic. It is a good thing that Professor von Hagens went beyond these limited possibilities.’

— Female donor

13 won't be permitted to see “Body Worlds” without a parent or guardian. Von Hagens, however, thinks adults might have more problems with the exhibit than children.

Adults' “view of anatomy is very fixed and preoccupied by the portrayal in Hollywood films that anatomy is connected with crime, horror and decay,” he said. “As long as kids are not brought here against their will, they really love it.”

During exhibit stops in Asia and Europe, about 6,000 people have signed papers donating their bodies to von Hagens' institute for possible plastination. Most hope to further medical science, he said.

“The limited possibilities—to be either burned or to rot in earth—always seemed degrading to me and were problematic,” wrote one female donor whose identity was withheld. “It is a good thing that Professor von Hagens went beyond these limited possibilities.”

Jeffrey N. Rudolph, president of the California Science Center, said the exhibit underwent a rigorous review by religious leaders, medical professionals and bioethicists before it was brought to Los Angeles.

He said the panel knew it would make people uncomfortable but decided the educational value outweighed any possible controversy.

“It's not an ethical issue,” Rudolph said. “It's more of a visceral reaction.”

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement