Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » A Prophecy being fulfilled?

Author Topic: A Prophecy being fulfilled?
Kristi
Advanced Member
Member # 3396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Niedziejkore:
and it seems the human population that is really affected by west nile is Colorado, Nebrsaska and Texas citizens.

none in Oregon as of yet YaY!

Blessings, \o/

Kristi

--------------------
YSIC \o/
MsGuidedAngel aka KristiAnn
*~*Kristi Ann's Haven*~*

Posts: 109 | From: Oregon | God Loves You! | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and it seems the human population that is really affected by west nile is Colorado, Nebrsaska and Texas citizens.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The only population that is really affected by west nile virus are small mammals and birds. Your chances of getting bitten by a west nile mosquito are incredibly slim, i'm talking about the same odds as getting struck by lightning...
Which is pretty high around these parts!
Duck! [happyhappy]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said west nile doesn't get humans sick.

I did say, however, that as a species, humans are not effected as much as animals who have no access to medicine. Yeah, you can die from west nile, but if you catch it early enough, you can cure it. Some people like to make this out to be a plague, which it is not.

And no, terrorists did not make west nile virus. This I am sure of.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL I was just about to say that humans can get west N. because I live in Arkansas and people have already gotten it in Arkansas this year. And some got it last year too.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why the disease is here. Did a terrorist make it? Is it punishment from God?
But, it DOES affect humans.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/surv&controlCaseCount03_detailed.htm

This is not like a cold that goes away. We had a guy in the Houston area that his hands became paralized because of this disease.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

haha! ok...

I think God would be insulted if he heard you say you believe the west Nile Virus is part of "God's wrath"

The only population that is really affected by west nile virus are small mammals and birds. Your chances of getting bitten by a west nile mosquito are incredibly slim, i'm talking about the same odds as getting struck by lightning... and THEN theres only about a 1/10 chance you become infected with encephalitis. Furthermore, as long as you're treated by a doctor you have a 90% chance of surviving encephalitis.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps it is more deadley in the United States and Isreal because for the most part our culture has so blantley gone aginst the Lord and abandoned his ways and his will.
We allow homosexuals to get wed in church and we are so lustful here in the United States. I will not make any comments on the land of ISreal because I have never been there before and I have no idea on how they act over there in any way shape or form. But I do know how we in the United States live and for the most part it makes me sick.

I think we deserve every single bad thing because we have not done anything for God.
We deserve it.

I love the United States but I hate its actions sometimes.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watchman
Advanced Member
Member # 3134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watchman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deut 28:59-60
59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. (KJV)

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com 27 June, 2004

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 32 West Nile virus infections so far this year, compared with none until July last year, health officials said.

As WND and Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin first reported some U.S. health officials are beginning to question why the U.S. strain of West Nile virus is deadlier to humans and birds than anywhere else on the planet – with the exception of Israel.

--------------------
Watchman
It's your choice--You can watch now or see later

Posts: 46 | From: Northern Alabama | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement