Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Christian Exodus

Author Topic: Christian Exodus
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes! [Eek!] A little more Brotherly Love might be a really good thing right about now?

It's fine to see things differently and to disagree; but it's impossible to show the Love of Messiah by hurling insults [Confused]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So Tyme you correct those,(as to posting location) who disagree with you and you amen those who share your liberalism, and anti-Bush sentiments, even when their rabid anti-Bush postings have nothing to do with end times.
Well Actually, I never said my support either way on this Subject. And if my correcting of where something belongs is wrong then say it so and validate yourself, if it not, listen to it, and learn something.

I am sorry you seem so confused, and maintain such desire to repost what you believe is your “Holy Grail” against me to hold over my head, I mean, in a way it is funny, and truly shows your character better then any “Quoting of Scripture” ever could, but alas, I do forgive your direct attack on me, as well as your unwholesome derogatory insult about what you have assumed belief to be, even if all I said was to please post in appropriate forums, I see now, that it too much to ask of you to honor the “Theme” of a “Topic” with out enduring some form of abusive reply from you.

But I am impressed with you Drew, Finally you quoted the correct part of the post that I was referring to. “The Cost of War” which does belong in the “End of Times.”

Shall we have a Look?

Mark 13: 7When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 8Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

So I do believe that I have the right to complain about the pains of the “Birth of the End of Times” and I have the right to complain about them, in the “End of Times” topic, thank you very much. Next time, before you open your misguided mouth and let your fingers go wandering where they should not, read your bible, consider my words a warning and a hope to show you the Truth of your Actions.

Now, if you feel that Praising our current president belongs in the “End of Times”, then by all means, associate Bush with the End of Times, You might get me to agree with you if you draw the relationship enough, and keep with the repetitive assertion that George W. Bush belongs in the “End of Times” topic.

As for that Church for the Non-Judgmental, I found that funny. I would suggest you repost that in the Humor part of this Message Board as I am sure it would serve to make some other people laugh as well.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Daniel [Smile] I hadn't checked out the link (believing it to be one I had already seen on the Christian Exodus from another post). I should have checked out the link before saying anything. Sorry bout that.

On the topic of this topic: It is very Wrong to post things saying one thing in the title to hide one's hidden agenda.

To stand with the "Liberal" agenda is to side Against Jesus! For all the reasons Caretaker stated so well. I stand with Jesus; and Jesus will Not Stand for Abortion rights, Gay Marriage, taking God out of our schools, or the lies of any political party.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Silverleaf1963:
huh, man you have to look for problems.

No, I didn't look for problems. You put a link in the very begining of your post that you expected people to look at - I looked at it and responded. If you really wanted to discuss the "Exodus" then why did you begin this topic with something else?

As for your next quip, ...
quote:
Just recall Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they are the Children of God.

So what are the Warmakers, hmmmmmmmmm

...you don't appear to know what it means to make peace.

Not only is your agenda not subtle, but your response is clearly feigned. If you really want to discuss the "Exodus," restart it in a new thread and leave out the extraneous junk. You might be surprised how many of us "conservatives" would like to talk about it.

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
» End Time Events In The News » What Will It Take?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!

Author Topic: What Will It Take?
Silverleaf1963
Community Member
Member # 3344 posted May 10, 2004 05:33 PM

What Will It Take?

………………………………………………………………….A colossal militaristic empire’s storming into a small country less than one-tenth its own population and forcing its will and culture on that country did not do it, either. Not the thousands of civilian Iraqi men, women, and children we have slaughtered in our "liberation" of their country, nor the many more killed by anti-American factions for cooperating with us. Professional organizations such as Global Policy Forum, Amnesty International, and the Future of Freedom Foundation report that at least three thousand Iraqi civilians died during the initial Spring 2003 American onslaught, and many thousands more since then.

The nearly eight hundred U.S. soldiers that have died in Iraq, and the thousands of wounded have not brought Christians to our senses. Rather, we support the President as he continues to send – and keep – troops there………………………………………………..

Tyme

Advanced Member
Member # 3017 posted May 10, 2004 06:50 PM

WOW !

Great Post, Great Article!

AMEN!

WOW!

Tyme.

--------------------

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So Tyme you correct those,(as to posting location) who disagree with you and you amen those who share your liberalism, and anti-Bush sentiments, even when their rabid anti-Bush postings have nothing to do with end times.

But there is a great deal of double-standard in liberalism. Don't let a conservative be supported from the church or the church can lose its tax exempt status. But the liberals flock into the black churches and hold political rallies from the pulpits and not one word is said.

Those who support abortion, take up the Bible with the blood of innocent babies on their hands.
They speak the name of Christ, as a form of lip-service, and then from their pulpits sanctify and legitamize sodomite unions.

The All New Warm and Fuzzy Feel-Good Church of the Non-Judgmental

It might be quite “affirming” to offer a church for kleptomaniacs, instead of being light, they would be light fingered Louies. Might prove interesting when it comes time to “take-up” the collection.

It might be quite “affirming” to offer a church for alcoholics to drink and feel good about themselves, and then they could be the drunkard dunkards. It would offer the Pentecostals a run for their money in being “slain-in-the-spirit”.

It would be quite “affirming” to have the NAMBLA segment of the homosexual community be placed in positions of youth ministry. Whoops I think the RCC kind of has a handle on that one.

It would be quite “affirming” to place all of the liars in charge of the Bible study, that way the scriptures could be taught to scratch the itching ears. Whoops most of the liberals already have quite a handle on that one, with the removal and denial of so much of the truth of the Word.

It would be so “affirming” to offer a sports church, and instead of the old dry uncomfortable sermon, there could be a big screen TV in place of the pulpit, with ESPN, as the focus of worship. Cheerleaders could make a beer run.

It would be quite “affirming” for those who are ever learning and never able to decide, to offer a banquet of theology, with a table of crystals in the hall, yoga in the Sunday school room, whoops don’t forget to rub the Buddha Belly before entering the sanctuary, where today’s worship music will be provided by our new gothic rock youth band, with the latest teachings of Wicca will be presented for your enjoyment.

It is truly enlightening and absolutely “affirming” to bring the church out of the dark ages and all that out-dated Blood emphasis. It is absolutely ghastly for the self-esteem, to mention the mythos of sin-dogma. We have to discard the concept of repentance, for it makes humanity so uncomfortable to be told to go against their natural inclinations. The church must become modern for all enlightened accepted Bible scholars know that the mythical Jesus was the personification of the superior pathway to the Ultimate Unity for everyman.

2 Timothy 3:

1: This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2: For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3: Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4: Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5: Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6: For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7: Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8: Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9: But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
10: But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11: Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12: Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13: But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh heh... Christian Exodus? This group is pretty crazy. They need to get a grip on reality.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First: I do not see how support, or opposition to a specific person in an upcoming election relates to “End of Times.”

If you can find a relationship, by all means, then please continue, but please state the significant ness of what you have posted with the “Theme” of this topic, so all that come to this topic to talk of “End of Times” can contribute accordingly.

We have Christian News, General Topic, Lobby, and other topics, which are designed to house general debates, and is where such political and social banter should be done.

Responding in an manner as to transform a thread into something that should not belong on a specific topic, is really not becoming of any of us.

Secondly: The overall tone, by people in relationship, to political alliance is saddening, to say the very least. If you think some vain attempt to pick on a democrat, or some other candidate with effect me in any way, keep dreaming, my allegiance is to God, and Jesus, not to any mere moral human. If you think calling me names, like left wing un-American scum will make you seem superior to me in any way, your delusional, I serve the word of God first, and then the laws of Man. The word of God has no sides to it, but speaks only truth. The sad part for all this, is that people blind themselves the “Truth” they hold dear, in the name of their government, or “Party Affiliation” to the point of anger, and hate speech against each other.

Now, I support everyone’s right to express their own opinions, and express their own feelings, but please do so on a topic suited for such things.

If you feel a desire to support your Candidate, (hot emotions and feelings seem to be linked to political allegiance among people) ask yourself “Is this appropriate for the topic for what I am posting” if it is not, then please, do not post it there. If it is, but vague, please provide additional information so others can see the relationship.

I do not think my request is unreasonable, nor do I think it is too hard to oblige.

Finally: Silverleaf, I think you needed to express your desires more strongly, and directly. I also think this topic is not really “End of Times”. I believe Daniel S posted something similar on “Christian News” if not the same thing.

I have not read any links really, I read enough to realize that this had the making of becoming an uncivil discussion, and only hope that if is to become a battle ground of political opinions, that is becomes so, on an appropriate Topic.

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverleaf1963
Community Member
Member # 3344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverleaf1963   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just recall Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they are the Children of God.

So what are the Warmakers, hmmmmmmmmm

Posts: 13 | From: Newberg Oregon | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverleaf1963
Community Member
Member # 3344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverleaf1963   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huh, man you have to look for problems.
Posts: 13 | From: Newberg Oregon | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
I'm confused... I thought this thread was supposed to be about what everyone thought about the idea of a Christian Exodus to South Carolina? I for one am curious to know what folks think about this.

That would be a good thread, but Silverleaf began it in a "muddied-up" fashion by including the other link (the first one in the original post) which is to a political hate e-rag. That has been the common tone of Silverleaf's posts.

--------------------

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 17 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused... I thought this thread was supposed to be about what everyone thought about the idea of a Christian Exodus to South Carolina? I for one am curious to know what folks think about this.

--------------------

rapturewatcher
Advanced Member
Member # 94

Icon 15 posted      Profile for rapturewatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psa 35:1 [[[A Psalm] of David.]] Plead [my cause], O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.

Psa 35:2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.

Psa 35:3 Draw out also the spear, and stop [the way] against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I [am] thy salvation.

Psa 35:4 Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.

Psa 35:5 Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase [them].

Psa 35:6 Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.

Psa 35:7 For without cause have they hid for me their net [in] a pit, [which] without cause they have digged for my soul.

Psa 35:8 Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.

Psa 35:9 And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.

Psa 35:10 All my bones shall say, LORD, who [is] like unto thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him?

Psa 35:11 False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge [things] that I knew not.

Psa 35:12 They rewarded me evil for good [to] the spoiling of my soul.

Psa 35:13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing [was] sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.

Psa 35:14 I behaved myself as though [he had been] my friend [or] brother: I bowed down heavily, as one that mourneth [for his] mother.

Psa 35:15 But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: [yea], the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew [it] not; they did tear [me], and ceased not:

Psa 35:16 With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.

Psa 35:17 Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions.

Psa 35:18 I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.

Psa 35:19 Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: [neither] let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.

Psa 35:20 For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against [them that are] quiet in the land.

Psa 35:21 Yea, they opened their mouth wide against me, [and] said, Aha, aha, our eye hath seen [it].

Psa 35:22 [This] thou hast seen, O LORD: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me.

Psa 35:23 Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment, [even] unto my cause, my God and my Lord.

Psa 35:24 Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.

Psa 35:25 Let them not say in their hearts, Ah, so would we have it: let them not say, We have swallowed him up.

Psa 35:26 Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify [themselves] against me.

Psa 35:27 Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

Psa 35:28 And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness [and] of thy praise all the day long.

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
General Order Headquarters, Grand Army of the Republic
No. 11 Washington, D.C., May 5, 1868

I. The 30th day of May, 1868, is designated for the purpose of strewing with flowers
or otherwise decorating the graves of comrades who died in defense of their country
during the late rebellion, and whose bodies now lie in almost every city, village, and
hamlet churchyard in the land. In this observance no form or ceremony is prescribed,
but posts and comrades will in their own way arrange such fitting services and
testimonials of respect as circumstances may permit.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thus began the observance of Memorial Day, originally set forth to honor those valiant ones killed upon the battlefields of the Civil War. Today most are more focused upon the joys of the first three-day weekend of the summer. However all across America the little brass markers will be adorned with individual flags, the entrances to the cemeteries will proudly fly the American flag, and old soldiers will form honor guards, “Taps” will sound, and 21 shots will reverberate across the fields of green. May we pause to pay honor, respect, and tribute, to those heroes that sacrificed themselves so that we their children, our children, and our children’s children might live free from tyranny.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Interesting. I ran across this:
quote:
Secretary Powell on Memorial Day

Every Memorial Day, my sister, Marilyn, and I would put on our Sunday best and accompany our parents to Woodlawn Cemetery in the Bronx to visit the graves of family members. Like all kids, my sister and I were happy to have the day off from school, and I can't say we were in a solemn frame of mind. But taking part in that annual rite of remembrance gave me my first sense of the importance of honoring those who have gone before.

I grew up and chose a soldier's life. I lost close friends in war. Later, I commanded young men and women who went willingly into harm's way for our country, some never to return. A day doesn't pass that I don't think of them. Paying homage to the fallen holds a deeply personal meaning for me and for anyone who ever wore a uniform.

In 1990, when I was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, I took my Soviet counterpart, Gen. Mikhail Moiseyev, around the United States. I wanted to give him a better understanding of what America is all about. We started in Washington, D.C. I especially wanted to take him to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

But I didn't take him there directly. First, I took him to the Jefferson Memorial. I pointed out a passage from the Declaration of Independence carved into its curved wall. All who have served in our armed forces share its sentiment. "And for the support of this Declaration," Jefferson wrote, "... we mutually pledge our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honour." Then I asked the general to look up. Above the statue of Jefferson, in 2-foot-high letters on the base of the monument's dome, is this inscription: "I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Here, I said, you see the foundation of America, a nation where "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights." I told the general that like Washington, Jefferson and all our Founding Fathers, Americans of every generation are ready to fight and die for those unalienable rights.

Then, to show Gen. Moiseyev the kind of sacrifices Americans are willing to make, I took him to the Lincoln Memorial, where Lincoln's words at Gettysburg are engraved. There, Lincoln said we had fought the bloodiest war in our history so our nation "shall have a new birth of freedom" and so "government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth." I wanted Gen. Moiseyev to see how sacred those words are to Americans.

I showed the general the final lines of Lincoln's second inaugural address: "With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan..."

I then walked the general part of the way down the Lincoln Memorial's steps to the place from which Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech. I explained that the unfinished work of which Lincoln spoke was still unfinished a century later, so from the very spot on which we stood, King challenged his fellow Americans to make the promise of our Founding Fathers come true for all Americans.

Only now was I ready to take Gen. Moiseyev to the Vietnam memorial. We walked the short distance from the Lincoln Memorial to the Wall. I showed the general how to find someone's name on it. I looked up Maj. Tony Mavroudis. Tony and I had grown up together on the streets of New York. We went to college together. We became infantrymen together. And in 1967, on his second tour of duty in Vietnam, Tony was killed. The memorial book directed us to Panel 28 East, and there we found ANTONIO M MAVROUDIS carved into the black granite. It was an emotional moment for me, and not just for me. Gen. Moiseyev reached out gently and touched the Wall. The infantryman in him understood.

Thankfully, our forces no longer face the prospect of war with the Soviet Union. Today, we are cooperating with Russia's evolving democracy and with other former foes against 21st-century dangers common to us all. Today's deadly threats come from rogue powers and stateless networks of extremists who have nothing but contempt for the sanctity of human life and for the principles civilized nations hold dear.

I do not know or care what terrorists and tyrants make of our monuments to democracy and the memorials we dedicate to our dead. What's important is what the monuments and memorials say to us. They can teach us much about the ideas that unite us in our diversity, the values that sustain us in times of trial, and the dream that inspires generation after generation of ordinary Americans to perform extraordinary acts of service. In short, our monuments and memorials tell us a great deal about America's commitment to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all.

The haunting symbolism of the 168 empty chairs at the Oklahoma City National Memorial, the heartbreaking piles of shoes in the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, the carefully tended headstones bearing crosses, crescents and Stars of David standing row-on-row in Arlington and our other national cemeteries - all speak to the value we place on human life.

The Vietnam Women's Memorial of the three servicewomen and the wounded GI; the Korean War Veterans Memorial's haggard, windblown patrol trudging up the rugged terrain; and the memorial of the flag-raising on Iwo Jima do not glorify war - they testify to the glory of the human spirit.

The Civil War battlefields and the monument in Boston to Robert Gould Shaw and his 54th Massachusetts Regiment of Negro soldiers who rode together into the jaws of death for the cause of justice tell us of the price past generations have paid so we might live in a more perfect union. They remind us also of the work our generation must do.

This Memorial Day weekend, we will join in celebrating the opening of the National World War II Memorial honoring the great generation of Americans who saved the world from fascist aggression and secured the blessings of liberty for hundreds of millions of people around the world.

Today, their descendants are fighting the global war against terrorism, serving and sacrificing in Afghanistan and Iraq and at other outposts on the front lines of freedom. The life of each and every one of them is precious to their loved ones and to our nation. And each life given in the name of liberty is a life that has not been lost in vain.

In time, lasting memorials will stand where the Twin Towers once etched New York City's skyline, near the west side of the Pentagon, and in the Pennsylvania field where doomed heroes died on Sept. 11, 2001, using their last moments to save the lives of others and most probably the Capitol or the White House - symbols of our living democracy.

All of us lead busy lives. We have little time to pause and reflect. But I ask of you: Do not hasten through Memorial Day. Take the time to remember the good souls whose memories are a blessing to you and your family. Take your children to our memorial parks and monuments. Teach them the values that lend meaning to our lives and to the life of our nation. Above all, take the time to honor our fellow Americans who have given their last full measure of devotion to our country and for the freedoms we cherish.

I think it more fitting for Memorial Day than political hate-speech.

Dan

--------------------

Silverleaf1963
Community Member
Member # 3344

Hi I can across this webpage after reading something on the http://www.lewrockwell.com/ Blog, and was wondering what everyone thought.
http://christianexodus.org/

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement