Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Hatred in the name of god????

Author Topic: Hatred in the name of god????
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Former Muslim Dr. Ergun Caner
I appreciate your efforts Drew, and I want you to know that I truly did appreciate your providing this bit of information.

However, may I ask, would you would you ask Dan Barker (Author of “Losing Faith in Faith”) to talk to the public about Christianity and expect people to take his testimony at face value?

Let me give you an example.

Look at us:

We both follow the same religion, (Even if we disagree on that subject, and think each other is going to Hell, but that is regardless)

We have different views on what we think our own religion stands for, and what we believe in.

Now, take a person like Steve Locks (Founder of Ex-Theist Website), who talks about the short comings and failures of Christianity. Would I want him to “Explain to a Muslim” my religion?

Should I ask him to explain to a Buddhist my Religion?

No, I would not, now, the man is versed in Christianity,. Better then many Christians. But, I still do not trust his word to be true, or to reflect my true faith, or the true faith of any Christian out there, be it you, Me, or anyone else.

It is a matter of respect and appreciation, I may believe your religion is false, I may not even like it, but I respect that people value their life on this religion as much as I value my life on my religion. So out of respect if I am going to learn about it, I shall learn from the mouths and words of believers. The same way I would want Christianity taught, and spread.

But thank you for that Post and that bit of Info.

You efforts are appreciated Drew.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Former Muslim Dr. Ergun Caner, who has written a telling book called "Unveiling Islam", appeared on The 700 Club this week to discuss Islam and give us an inside look at Muslim beliefs.

CBN.com - PAT ROBERTSON: Ladies and gentlemen, a week or two ago I made a statement on this program that I differ with our esteemed president because I didn't think that Islam was a religion of peace. One of those nice people who tapes our program gave it to the Washington Post. And it became a firestorm. It is like saying the earth is round and everybody says how can you say such a thing? All I know is I have studied history and am aware of what is going on around the world. It was like a no-brainer. But somehow, it got to be a matter of grave controversy where people were screaming at each other and saying I was a Nazi. You just say what is the matter? We have a guest who came out of Islam. He's one of only 20 former Muslims who are now preachers. He's one of only eight professors of theology. It is a pleasure to welcome Dr. Ergun Caner back to The 700 Club.

DR. ERGUN CANER: Honor to be here.

ROBERTSON: It was said by our President that Islam is a religion of peace. I mean, where does he get that?

CANER: The very word Islam. It does mean peace.

ROBERTSON: Peace in submission?

CANER: It means peace with or submission to Allah. It has nothing to do with the Infidels. It does not mean peace with the Infidels. It means peace with Allah. The Qur’an is very clear about how they feel about you and myself. It says, we are open enemies with the Infidels.

ROBERTSON: What about this jihad? They say jihad is something you fight in your heart and mind. It has nothing to do with real war? What does the Qur’an say about that? It (Caner’s Qur’an) is a big, thick thing.

CANER: It is in English and Arabic. And the reason I brought this is because men such as yourself, Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, and Mac Brunson in Dallas, you guys have come under attack for saying that jihad is founded in the Qur’an. The apologists will say the word was never in the Qur’an. Yes, they have the Qur’an which is supposedly the words of Allah and then the words and teachings of Muhammad. I will cite two verses I had to memorize as a child that are taught to young Muslims. I hope this puts an end to the problem they have. They don't have a problem with you Dr. Robertson. They have a problem with their own Qur’an. There are Muslims who say they don't believe it say if anyone desires a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him. Let me show you:

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him."
o Surah 3:85

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the people of the Book (Jews and Christians), until they pay compensation with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."
- Surah 9:29

Muhammad’s last words recorded in the Hadith were ‘turn the Pagans out of the Arabian Peninsula.’ The reason that I and others like me are not well liked in the Islamic community is the belief that anyone who changes the Islamic religion, kill him.

ROBERTSON: Just like that, kill him?

CANER: One word in Arabic. And two word in the English. Kill him.

ROBERTSON: Somehow we are not bringing that out in the religion of peace business. In other words, think about history because for the first hundred years after Muhammad's death, Islam swept like a fire across North Africa and destroyed all of the Christian churches there and caused everybody to be submitted. Tell us about how they started that.

CANER: You understand that Islam is based on conversion. But it is either by conversion by heart or by sword. When someone says Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, first, one must remember that it is biological. You are born to a Muslim family. Your father whispers the Kaleema in your ear and you are a Muslim. Secondly, it is conversion by the sword. Slay them where you will find them. And so it spreads like a wildfire.

ROBERTSON: Slay them where you find them?

CANER: That is directly from the Qur’an itself.

ROBERTSON: Slay them where you find them? How do they say that is peaceful?

CANER: I understand why our president said what he said. He doesn't want us fighting Muslims here in America. And here in America this is a very important point. In America, jihad as it is Holy War, is a doctrine. It is a teaching. But from where I come from in Turkey, Islam is more than doctrine, it is ethic. We live with it day and night. Everyone says Turkey is so advanced and modern yet 26 Christian churches have been closed in the last three months, and a thousand Christians have been slain in the last decade.

ROBERTSON: For example, in Saudi Arabia can there be a Christian church?

CANER: That is a tremendous question. You travel the world so you know this. According to the Pact of Oma, They believe every Islamic State believes in religious toleration not religious freedom. Religious toleration says you can be by yourself but if you win a Muslim to Jesus Christ as we are called to do, you can be put to death on the spot.

ROBERTSON: For winning a Muslim to Jesus you can be put to death?

CANER: As a matter of fact, Hadith 9:50 says no one can be killed for killing an Infidel which explains why they will not turn (Osama) bin Laden over.

ROBERTSON: No one can be killed for killing an Infidel? That is what Muhammad said?

CANER: From the Hadith. That is why everyone becomes so worried when bin Laden comes on television. I am thrilled because the first group that bin Laden speaks to are the other Muslims who have not joined the jihad. And bin Laden quoting from the Hadith and quoting from the Qur’an always says you have been called to jihad. They signed the Fatwa on February 23, 1998. He says, "I have called you. You have been called to jihad." It is one thing to say they don't believe in it. There are Muslims who legitimately don't believe in it. And it is another to say it is not taught in Islam.

ROBERTSON: We have a 1.1 billion Muslims in the world. How many of these people honest to goodness believe in Qur’an and believe in the teachings of Muhammad?

CANER: They would say all of them. How many of them follow it is another question. But right now as we speak there are 300,000 who are like me. They are being trained in jihad. They are being trained in the schools. We memorize the verses of the Hadith, we memorize the Qur’an, and we are holy warriors. You know, they always bring up the question to you … well, Christianity and the Old Testament -- we have Christian militias. But for someone to set up a compound in some state and fire off rounds and say we are doing it in the name of Christ. They have to do so in spite of the teachings of Jesus Christ. But a Muslim who does so, does so because of the teachings of Muhammad. It is not descripted, it is prescriptive in the Qur’an for a Muslim to be called to Holy War.

ROBERTSON: We have a last slide that says seize them and slay them wherever you find them. It says:
Seize them and slay them wherever you find them: and in any case take no friends or helpers from their ranks."
- Surah 4:89

Tell us about this one.

CANER: They call the Christians people of the book and Jews people of the book. So the idea for a Muslim, who is an apologist this is a nightmare. For someone to quote the Qur’an on national television and around the world because they say it is passive and always is in response. You are taking it out of context. There are over 120 verses that call Muslims to Holy War in the Qur’an not withstanding the Hadith which has all of the protocols by which bin Laden operates.

ROBERTSON: Didn’t Muhammad say in one of his writings, speaking that the last days wouldn't come until the Jews were all killed by the Muslims?

CANER: Isn't it interesting that during our former administration they were offered over 80% of the Holy Land and they turned it down. They don't want part of Israel. They want all of Israel. I find it interesting when I am talking to Jewish friends, I say were it not for Jesus Christ we would be across the line for one another.

ROBERTSON: We have questions that have been sent in to us on the Internet. Peggy asks, "Thank you for presenting an informed Muslim-based perspective on Islam. Can you tell us what part Jesus plays in Islam?"

CANER: Well, I teach this at my college, at Criswell College. Muslims say they believe in Jesus, they say sometimes they believe more in Jesus than we do. But to a Muslim, Jesus is a prophet and nothing more than a messenger of Allah. They think he will be sort of like the angel coming and getting us at the end of times but that Muhammad is the final prophet and the seal of the prophets. And Jesus was just among one of 25.

ROBERTSON: The word Ayatollah, is that spirit of the Lord? Prophet of the Lord?

CANER: Depending the sect, you have the spirit of the Lord and in some sects there is a Mullah.

ROBERTSON: But that is spirit of Allah. So, the Ayatollah Khomeni would be deeply venerated if he was the spirit of Allah. Is that not correct?

CANER: Here in America, Muslims are different. I tell people all of the time that Muslims in America were genuinely shocked by the bombing of September 11th because again, here, they have gotten used to our country. You came under incredible heat for saying they have come as missionaries and many of them do. So here I am as a former Muslim and I say Dr. Robertson, you and Dr. Mohler, and Dr. Brunson are speaking the truth and getting beaten up for no reason. But the reason is we are in a culture now that is so synchrotistic. They want us all to have a big group hug and to light a candle, sing a theme song, and have an Oprah (Winfrey) love affair. The thing is, the only thing they believe, the only absolute, that they don't accept is that there are no absolutes. We as Christians and Muslims make this point as well. The culture wants everybody to be the same. Muslims say we are not the same as the Christians. Christians say we do not worship the same God.

ROBERTSON: One last question. This one says, "I am thinking about becoming a Muslim. Before I do that, however, I would like to ask why you changed from being a Muslim to being a Christian?"

CANER: Well, I love that question. I get that in the secular media all of the time. I didn’t change anything. I got saved. I was made righteous with Jesus Christ. I am not religious by nature. You look at me, I don't particularly look like a professor or a pastor. I look like a motorcycle guy. I was saved and it was the preaching of two things. Mercy and grace. As Muslims, we live in fear of the scales their entire life. Fear to get to paradise you must be 51% good.

ROBERTSON: You never know?

CANER: Even Muhammad didn't know. In the Hadith he said, ‘I don't know where I am going. Only Allah knows.’ When someone told me that grace, Christ’s death on the cross and atonement would free me from the fear of scales and what Jesus did for me that I could not do myself. That was a brand transforming new day.

ROBERTSON: So the man who wants to be a Muslim, what do you tell him?

CANER: I tell him that Jesus Christ didn't come to be a way, Jesus Christ came to be THE way. And Jesus Christ came to do for this man what he cannot do for himself regardless of how religious he is. People ask me all the time, do good Muslims go to hell? Yes, and you know what? Good Baptists go to hell, too. It is not your denomination, it is what you did with Jesus Christ.

ROBERTSON: This book "Unveiling Islam" by our guest is available to you. Get it from www.cbn.com or you can call us at 1-800-759-0700 and we will tell you how you can get a hold of it. We appreciate you for your stand. And we hope, brother, they don't get you. So far so good.

CANER: You face the same type of heat I do. You are much higher profile than little old me.

ROBERTSON: They are after me but we'll trust the Lord for his protection. God bless you and thank you for being here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H4HS.

Let me explain: I am sorry I have not gotten to your question sooner, as it does require an answer, please forgive my delay, as it takes time to type out these posts.

Pot Calling Kettle Black, is relating to two people, denouncing each other for doing the same thing.

IE: We say, they are awful people, for killing a prisoner they have, while we are killing people we have taken prisoner.

So, by doing, what we condemn, we become the “Pot” that is calling the “Kettle” “Black”

Now, as for your study of Islam.

Your right, I do not know the extent that you have studied the religion. You might have been a scholar of the Islamic religion, and you might have read the texts in Hebrew, You might have studied under masters of the religion in Iran, for all I know.

But shall ask you this.

Would you go to an Atheist to learn about Christianity?

Would you ask a Hindu to teach you Buddhism?

I know the one dividing factor, in your knowledge on that Religion, that is: You do not believe it. Not one of us can doubt the importance of Faith in regards to understanding a religion.

I would not ask anyone that is not Christian to teach me Christianity.

I shall not, ask anyone that is not Islamic to teach me about Islam.

I do not mean you any disrespect, in any way, but it is as simple as that to me. If I want to learn of a religion, there is no other or better source then those that believe it and follow it.

We all see clearly, that even Christians have different views of what the bible really says, how can we ever hope to even begin to comprehend another’s religious works?

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So how is that the pot calling the kettle black? I sincerely do not understand that this is the pot calling the kettle black.

And if that comment was to me about stop telling what Islam means maybe you should not be so presumptuous as to think that you know what my background or knowledge of Islam is or is not.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Please stop telling what Islam means, unless your Islamic, because, if your not Islamic, you do not truly understand the religion.

I am sure we would not appreciate, having some Islamic person telling us what Christianity means.

On Side note:

H4HS: I never said, we were there for religious reasons, I said “our way of Life” IE: Social Political Way of Life, as that is the only unifying thing in America is our political system, because we have many different religions.

It just so happens, that we are viewed as “All Christians” even if that is not the truth, it is the assumption.

Niedziejkore:

Look at Luke 20:25, Matthew 22:21, Mark 12:17

It hints that religion should not be mixed with the Government, but they are very open ended comments.

Tyme.

--------------------

watchman
Advanced Member
Member # 3134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watchman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an interesting writeup, detailing what he says are Islamic prophecies. They are chilling to read. The final gist is that the US must not fail in Iraq/Afganistan.

see
http://www.lampholderpub.com/new_page_25.html

--------------------
Watchman
It's your choice--You can watch now or see later

Posts: 46 | From: Northern Alabama | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

As for Islam, there is no separation between church and government.

neither does the bible say there should be a separation either.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pot calling the kettle black????

Please! No one is in Iraq or any other place where US troops are, for the purpose of trying to lead people to Christ militarily! This is what happened during the crusades and the inquistion! It was be a part of the roman catholic church or die.

This is the same message as the message of Islam; all others who are not following Allah are sentenced to death.

The Gospel was never intended to be forced upon peoples by military might. Our citizenship is not here and our king did not come to establish an eartly kingdom.... at least not yet.

As for Islam, there is no separation between church and government. The Koran calls for Jihad.

War is war and war is ugly; but we need to understand that we are not fighting the same battle as the Muslim people are fighting. We are not playing by the same rules and we do not have the same agenda.

So I guess if you speak of the crusades and the inquistiion then yes, that is the exact same thing as what is happening with Islam today. They are doing just what the Catholic Church did in the name of Christianity... but that was and is a perversion of Christianity and not the Christianity of the Apostles or those of us who follow the Christ of the Bible today. That pot would be calling the kettle black... but the US is not a Christian nation and we are not fighting a Christian war... in Iraq or in any other place in the world.

But we who are Christians are victims of a Jihad that has been declared on all Christians and Jews around the world.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think for some people, it is a holy war... and for others it is not. Are we talking about the war on terrorism here? I'll assume we are and are not talking about the Iraq occupation.

One reason I can't believe that this is a holy war is because Bin Laden didn't attack us because we are country with more christians than Islamics. In fact, he never made this to be a war on any realigion. His reasons for attacking us were:

1)US support of Isreal even though they continue to violate human rights and UN Resolutions
2)Economic sanctions in Iraq which have caused the death of over 500,000 Iraqi children.
3)US use of the atomic bomb against the Japanese

Nothing about the extermination of our religion here. Now, these people know full well that they can't storm our country and take over. Their reasons for attacking us are that they feel we are butting into their business and they'd like our influence to leave that part of the world... that is what THEY want.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is absolutely a JIHAD,(Holy WAR), on the part of the Islamic Jihadists attacking the "infidels" worldwide. We are facing an enemy within our own borders, entrenched in Western Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Aisa, and they are waging a JIHAD.

http://www.internationalwallofprayer.org/A-052-Why-Islamic-Terrorists-Do-What-They-Do-Dr-Mark-Gabriel.html

As a freshman college student, Gabriel says one of the most popular lecturers was a blind Sheik. Gabriel asked why he never talked about the love, peace and forgiveness in Islam. Angered, the sheik said, "Jihad and killing are the head of Islam.If you take them out, you cut off the head of Islam."

That blind man was Omar Abdel Rahman who was convicted of masterminding the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Before he came to America, he was the spiritual leader of the radical Egyptian group al-Jihad, which killed President Anwar Sadat.

Westerners have a hard time understanding terrorists, especially since a deceptively sanitized version is presented to the West. But Gabriel says these people are not crazy but are following a philosophy. Islam means "submission" and the world Muslim means "one who submits to Allah." The Quran was started in A.D. 610 when Muhammad said the angel Gabriel spoke to him while he was meditating in a cave near Mecca.

Muhammad wrote down these words as they were received - they were supposed to be the direct words of Allah. It is significant that the revelations came over a period of 22 years. The books of 'Hadith' are another set of holy writings that record a verified account of what Muhammad did and said during his life.

Muhammad's life and teachings have served to establish principles of warfare and coersion that are practiced today. The revelations he received are dictated by periods in his life. When there is a contradiction in Quranic verses (which Gabriel questions), Islamic scholars had to determine which verses to follow. "This was accomplished by the principle of naskh," which means that the new revelations would override previous revelations.

There are at least 114 verses in the Quran that speak of love, peace, and forgiveness ("The Heifer" Surah 2:62, 109). "But when Surah 9:5 was revealed later, it canceled out those previous verses," Gabriel says. "This Surah is known as the 'verse of the sword," and it explains that Muslims must fight anyone who chooses not to convert to Islam, whether they are inside or outside of Arabia. It is considered to be the final development of jihad in Islam."

JIHAD...

Jihad (holy war) is a command to all Muslims enforced by the Quran. The focus is to overcome people who do not accept Islam. Islam is a religion of works. Dying in jihad is a great honor, and it is the only way a Muslim is assured of entering Paradise at all. This is why you see Muslims leaving their own nations to fight jihad in other countries. "Their motivation is religious, which is much more dangerous than a political motivation," Gabriel says.

Jihad is the motivation behind almost every act of terrorism done in the name of Islam. After the death of Muhammad, different factions rose up to carry on the faith - which became the Sunni and Shiite Muslims. Gabriel cites many reasons why Islam became such a dominant force so quickly, one being that violence was a ubiquitous part of the culture at the time and this type of religious conquest fit easily into the regional character.

Muhammad used the Mosque as a place for prayer and also to store weapons and plan for war, so mosques today are used in the same way. It is permissible to use deceit to accomplish your end. When you are in a position of weakness (small in number), play according to the rules of the majority until you gain strength to overcome them. Muhammad permitted the killing of women and children, saying that regarding the infidels, "I consider them as their parents." "Because the prophet of Islam believed this, this is what Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaida believe about killing women and children," Gabriel says.

Because Muhammad's grandson went out to fight in a cause he knew he couldn't win, the faithful believe that fighting evil is a
must; it does not matter if you win or die." If you win you get victory; if you die, you will be honored by God. Radical Islam groups want to revert to seventh century Islam.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

No, No it is not a Holy War.

See, we are not being Religious here, we did not start this as a Holy War.

Tyme.

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is absolutely a holy war, for the target of a multitude of islamic devils is any man, woman, child who is an infidel, (non-muslim). The rabid dogs are streaming-in from Syria, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, Jordan, etc., and savagely attacking those trying to help the Iraqi people.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Yah, I have a tendency to be very, flippant at times, only because, when you think about this, it’s like a pot calling a kettle black.

quote:
Yes, no one can deny that in the Name of Christianity the Roman Church killed many during the crusades, the inquistion and even before this time. But clearly this is not the way of Christ and we must make very clear that this is not what Christ called for or stood for or what the Bible says should be done. This was indeed a perversion of Christianity!
And our lovely Christian nation, going over to their Islamic Nation, to kick their heathen / infidel hinnies, into tomorrow and force them to follow our way of life, because our Christian Leaders, and our Christian Combat Troops, are following the true words of Jesus.

Lets not make this out to be something other then it’s not.

It’s not a Holy War, it’s not to bring “Peace and Better life to the people of Iraq” it’s not to remove “A dangerous dictator, who had WMD’s” It’s a freaking War, that has no real reason to exist, other then, for America to exercise it’s power.

We have tortured, well, I do not have a number yet, but it’s a lot more then one person, in Iraq prison camps, we have killed a lot more then one person in those camps as well.

So lets see.

I hear about us Killing and Torturing Iraq prisoners. (plural, as in more then one)

I hear about them killing an American Prisoners. (Funny, however, the man that escaped, made no mention of torture)

What do you want me to say?

Tyme.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I dont know about religion changing with the times.

I know that God is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow. HE is unchanging.

I do not believe that if we followed the Bible we would still be cutting off hands and tongues and sacrifcing animals. I think to say that you must read but not hear the Bible or understand the Gospel of Christ. I think that this is entirely possible considering you just told be you have read the Koran and think that the fundamentalist does not understand it. I see that the fundamentalist understand it very well.

Further, I see that Christ is the only answer to stop the carnage and the opression of the devil and that it is Satan that is at the heart of all who would slay a fellow man in the name of religion. Whether he is acting in the name of Christ, or in the name of Allah, or in the name of any other that you may chose, it is Satan that is the enemy of mankind and the one who has come to steal kill and destroy.

My God says love your brother, pray for those who persecute you, bless those who curse you.

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

oh yeah, I love reading the Quran. Well, "love" isn't really the word for it, but...

I'm going to stick with my stance on Islam. Just because the Quaran says one thing doesn't mean evrey follower of Islam is going to follow every word of the Quaran. If we were to follow every word of the bible we'd still be cutting off people's hands and tongues as punishment and sacrificing animals to god.

Religions change with the times, that is pretty evident. Although, what do you think?

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

No I realize that those fundamentalists have a much greater understanding of what the Koran says than those who claim it to be a religion of peace. Have you read it? I have and it calls for Islam to prevail at all cost.

Further, it is not manipulation. The follower of Islam does not know his fate as he takes his last breath unless his last breath is taken in Martyrdom! That is the only way a follower of Islam knows what awaits him on the other side of this life.

Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

quote:
There is no room in Islam for any other religion all else who will not conform are infidels and infidels are to be killed.
but you have to realize that these aren't your run of the mill islamics. These are Islamic fundamentalists. Christian fundamentalists are pretty much the same way in that they might think that:

"There is no room in Christianity for any other religion all else who will not conform are sinners and sinners are to be converted."

Islam should be allowed to flourish because not all Islamics are fundamentalists, just like all christians aren't fundamentalists. Islam isn't the great evil we are to destroy... just the people who take the words of the koran too far and use it to manipulate their believers into believeing that strapping a load of explosives to your chest and running into a jewish wedding will get you lots of virgins in heaven.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Tyme: your flipiancy amazes me at times! Whoever this is? These are the opening remarks from the group that beheaded Berg and broadcast the video over the internet.

Yes, no one can deny that in the Name of Christianity the Roman Church killed many during the crusades, the inquistion and even before this time. But clearly this is not the way of Christ and we must make very clear that this is not what Christ called for or stood for or what the Bible says should be done. This was indeed a perversion of Christianity!

In contrast, it is exactly what the Koran calls for in the name of Allah. It is not a perversion of the religion of Islam that promotes these deeds as holy... it is the direct edict of Islam from the pages of the Koran that promotes these deeds as holy.

Allah is not the God that I know, not the God of the Bible, not the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob.

As Christians, this is not a time for flipiancy! We need to know that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and it is not growing by HIS spirit, but by might and it is seeks to murder everything that stands in its path including and especially Christians and Jews. This writer is correct in stating that we can fight it over there or we will fight it here, and I say that we will likely fight it here regardless.

There is no room in Islam for any other religion all else who will not conform are infidels and infidels are to be killed.

Better wake up, folks!

ISITjhn423
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How can a free Muslim sleep soundly while Islam is being slaughtered,
Easy, Ezekiel tells us

4) And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. 5) And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6) Slay utterly old [and] young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom [is] the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which [were] before the house. - Ezekiel 9

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Whoever this is, makes it sound like

"No one ever killed in the Name of God before"

How, truly naive, millions upon millions of people have been killed by Jewish, Christians, and other religions, in the “Name of God”

Many, of our solders are over there killing “our” enemies, in the “Name of God and Country”

Did you expect them not to do the same?

Tyme.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

I dont know which is more chilling the descriptions of the video (I have not seen the video) or the words that were spoken before the murder....

[The man introduces himself, his family, and where he lived]

"My name is Nick Berg, my father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Suzanne; I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in… West Chester….Philadelphia [some words indistinct]"

[Statement read by masked man]:

Praise to Allah who honored Islam with His support, humiliated the infidels with His power, controlled everything with His Command, and tricked the infidels. Prayers and peace be upon the one that raised the banner of Islam with his sword.

Nation Of Islam,

Great news! The signs of dawn have begun and the winds of victory are blowing. Allah has granted us a great victory, in one of his battles in Fallujah. Thanks to Allah alone.

Nation of Islam,

Is there any excuse left to sit idly by? How can a free Muslim sleep soundly while Islam is being slaughtered, its honor bleeding and the images of shame in the news of the satanic abuse of the Muslim men and women in the prison of Abu-Ghraib. Where is your zeal and where is the anger for the religion of Allah? And where is the jealousy over the honor of the Muslims and where is the revenge for the honor of the Muslim men and women in the prisons of the Crusaders?

As for you, scholars of Islam, it is to Allah that we complain about you. Don’t you see that Allah has established the evidence against you by the youth of Islam, who have humiliated the greatest power in history and broken its nose and destroyed its arrogance?

Hasn’t the time come for you to learn from them the meaning of reliance on God and to learn from their actions the lessons of sacrifice and forebearance? How long will you remain like the women, knowing no better than to wail, scream and cry?

One scholar appeals to the free people of this world, another begs Kofi Annan, a third seeks help from 'Amr Musa and a fourth calls for peaceful demonstrations as if they did not hear the words of Allah "O Messenger, rally the believers to fight!"

Aren’t you fed up with the jihad of conferences and the battles of sermons? Has the time not come for you to lift the sword, which the master of the Messengers was sent with?

And we hope that you will not intervene as usual by denouncing what we do to please the Americans. The Prophet, the master of the merciful has ordered to cut off the heads of some of the prisoners of Badr in patience. He is our example and a good role model.

As for you, Bush dog of the Christians, we promise you things that will displease you. With Allah’s assistance, hard days are coming to you. You and your soldiers are going to regret the day that you stepped foot in Iraq and dared to violate the Muslims.

Another message for the collaborator and traitor Pervez Musharraf; we say to you, we can not wait to welcome your soldiers. By Allah, we will target them before the Americans and will avenge the blood of our brothers in Wana and others.

As for you, mothers and wives of the American soldiers, we say to you that we offered the American Administration the chance to exchange this prisoner for some of the prisoners in Abu-Ghraib, but they refused. We say to you, the dignity of the Muslim men and women in the prison of Abu Ghraib and others will be redeemed by blood and souls. You will see nothing from us except corpse after corpse and casket after casket of those slaughtered in this fashion.

"So kill the infidels wherever you see them, take them, sanction them, and await them in every place"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement