Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Tell big media: 'Stop bashing America and our soldiers'

Author Topic: Tell big media: 'Stop bashing America and our soldiers'
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040520-115221-2362r.htm

Positive human-interest accounts about the armed forces are rare. The press tends to ignore battlefield vignettes from military news services, which could offer an expanded perspective to the public.

For example, 30 U.S. airmen and soldiers delivered school supplies and toys — gifts from American children — to an Iraqi village on Monday. Yesterday, Air Force medical teams airlifted a critically ill Iraqi infant and her mother to an Ohio hospital for treatment.

The news focus is elsewhere.

Earlier this week, Reuters news service announced that three of its "journalists" — actually two Iraqi cameramen and a driver under contract — had been beaten and taunted by Army paratroopers in January.

But an Army investigation released yesterday cleared the soldiers of charges and categorized the incident as "a closed case."

The report noted that "the soldiers clearly believed that these same Iraqis had attacked them previously" and pronounced that the charges of humiliation made by the Iraqis against the soldiers "are not credible."

Tim Graham of the Media Research Center (MRC) noted yesterday that the "gay marriage story" overtook the prisoner abuse story in the press, but only for a day.

"This abuse story is just not going away. It's still the first topic on most network news," Mr. Graham said. "And there's strong focus on the court-martials, on the bad apples — it's as if those troops represent the military at large, as far as the media is concerned. That is very discouraging."

The center has been following "the bias problem" among broadcasters who use the abuse story to build a case against the war in Iraq and the Bush administration. As a sample, the group tracked abuse stories from April 29 through May 11 on NBC and found that the network aired 58 stories on the abuse in that period.

The MRC also found, however, that in the past year, NBC had aired only five stories on mass graves found in Iraq from the Saddam Hussein era.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
http://www.ronaldreagan.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/15/t/000300.html

[Mad]

Thanks so much for this update, WildB. While I don't condone prisoner abuse, it's hard not to notice how the Nick Berg beheading has quickly been brushed under the carpet by the alphabet channels. I couldn't find anything on it in the Sunday paper. The biases of the libs sure is showing its ugly head. So I've signed the petition contained in your link, and forwarded it to several people.
Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But people love to say "Liberal Left-Wing" as a curse or an insult.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and don't forget... it's not just the "liberal" media talking about Abu Ghraib... our entire government is as well.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is so signifigant about Nick Berg?

I'm not here to say it wasn't barbaric and unjustified, but really, what is the significance of reporting his death any more then they already have? By now we all know the whole story. Do you expect liberal media to put a hold on all investigations into Abu Gharib and talk about the Berg case? I think the purpose of these media investigations is to determine wether or not Abu Gharib was an isolated incident.

Now, if our soldiers are violating the geneva convention i'm going to "bash" them so to speak. I'm going to voice my opinion and say those soldiers are sick individuals, which they are. Have you seen the photos? And there are still "Top-Secret" photos that have not been put out to the public. The Abu Gharib incident is very significant. Nick Berg, unfortunately is not.

It's very sad that Berg died that way. It was a very pointless death. And on top of that he was decapitated on television... we are dealing with inhuman fundamentalists here.

I know the abuses committed against us are worse than the abuses we carried out at Abu Ghraib, but we're americans.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 2 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ronaldreagan.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/15/t/000300.html

[Mad]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement