Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » New Expedition to find Noah's Ark in Turkey

Author Topic: New Expedition to find Noah's Ark in Turkey
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you have to understand though, that most atheists do not believe in the bible only because the belief in God goes against their logic. They find it very hard to believe in a being that does not reveal itself to them in any way, shape or form.

Understanding that is pretty important. I think to them, the finding of Noah's ark would be a slap in the face, but then again they might not find anything... unless the wood became petrified. If all the explorers find is some wood dating back to that era, it's not going to convine a skeptic unless a good portion of the structure is still intact.

Also, this might stick in their heads:
"We are not excavating it. We are not taking any artifacts. We're going to photograph it and, God willing, you're all going to see it," McGivern said.

Since they're only taking pictures of it and not bringing back anything for carbon dating, pictures aren't going to convince many. And this even makes me skeptical. If it is the ark, I want to know it is THE ark and not a hoax. Unfortunately, seeing is not always believing.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Advanced Member
Member # 3254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bro. Greg I agree with you, even if they do find the Ark, which I pray that they do, but still some just won't believe, they will say that a UFO put it there or some non-sence like that, but one thing is for sure, when they stand before God, then they will definately believe, because one day they will stand before God, then it will be to late [Frown] I find it so amazing that God gives people every chance to come to know the truth, but they just won't believe in Him, His Mercy Endures Forever!

Marilyn

--------------------
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee.

Posts: 97 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bro. Greg
Advanced Member
Member # 2943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bro. Greg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIT you are correct in your statement that the bible says, "the mountains of Ararat". That might would imply that Ararat was a region and not a mountain called Ararat. I do however, believe that if the Ark is found it will be in the region of Mount Ararat. As far as people seeking a sign because they don't have faith, I hope that is not on a general statement to all. I think if someone goes up the mountain to find something, that it was faith that caused them to go up in the first place. After all, who risks life and limb to view something they do not believe in? If they find it, COOL! It then is the evidence of their faith to those who don't believe it ever existed in the first place. Maybe some will re-think the error of their ways and believe because of the evidence! But for some, they still won't believe. [Smile]

--------------------
Isaiah 5:20(KJV) 20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Bro. Greg
In and By His Grace
http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/pass_it_on

Posts: 527 | From: Montana, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISITjhn423
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i thought about it at first, and than noticed it was in the end times section, and than i read your quote and said OH! i get it, they need to see the Ark because they don't have faith that it existed and i thought it pertained to an adulterous generation seeking signs.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said:

quote:
Originally posted by ISITjhn423:
but doesn't the bible say that the ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat?

Then, I copied the first paragraph of the article to show that that's exactly where they're going to find it... Mount Ararat.

That's why the wink... it was right in front of you and somehow you missed it [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISITjhn423
unregistered

I don't understand, why the wink?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
WASHINGTON - An expedition is being planned for this summer to the upper reaches of Turkey's Mount Ararat where organizers hope to prove an object nestled amid the snow and ice is Noah's Ark.

[Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISITjhn423
unregistered

I think it's cool they are looking for Noah's Ark, i used to have this book on expeditions of Noah's ark, and it was pretty interesting, but doesn't the bible say that the ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Friend sent this to me in Email today [Smile]

Expedition Will Seek to Find Noah's Ark
Monday, April 26, 2004

WASHINGTON - An expedition is being planned for this summer to the upper reaches of Turkey's Mount Ararat where organizers hope to prove an object nestled amid the snow and ice is Noah's Ark.

A joint U.S.-Turkish team of 10 explorers plans to make the arduous trek up Turkey's tallest mountain, at 17,820 feet, from July 15 to August 15, subject to the approval of the Turkish government, said Daniel P. McGivern, president of Shamrock_The Trinity Corporation of Honolulu, Hawaii.

The goal: to enter what they believe to be a mammoth structure some 45 feet high, 75 feet wide and up to 450 feet long that was exposed in part by last summer's heat wave in Europe.

"We are not excavating it. We are not taking any artifacts. We're going to photograph it and, God willing, you're all going to see it," McGivern said.

Explorers have long searched for an ark on the high slopes of Mount Ararat, where the biblical account of the Great Flood places it.

In 1957, Turkish air force pilots spotted a boat-shaped formation in Agri province. The government did not pursue the sighting, however. The entire area, including Mount Ararat, was off limits to foreigners because of Soviet complaints that explorers were U.S. spies.

That ban was lifted in 1982, and since then teams of explorers have visited the area but have been unable to substantiate any claim of an ark.

McGivern and Ahmet Ali Arslan, a Turkish mountain climber who grew up in a town near Mount Ararat, say satellite photos have helped them pinpoint a more exact location. Arslan will be leading the expedition.

The biblical account in the Book of Genesis says that after the great deluge, the ark came to rest on the mountain with Noah's family and a cargo of male and female pairs of every kind of animal.

Geologists say even though there is evidence of a flood in Mesopotamia in Sumerian times, it is not possible for a ship to make landfall at an altitude as high as Mount Ararat.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement