Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » The Secret of The Bride of Christ

Author Topic: The Secret of The Bride of Christ
watchman
Advanced Member
Member # 3134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watchman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not at all. Here is your real answer. And, I ask your forgiveness whether or not you were serious in your question.

Webster's defines Christianity as a noun, and a belief derived from Jesus Christ.

In the written Word we have, Jesus Christ is described in St John 1:14 as the Word made flesh.
Prior to this in verses 1-4, It is made plain that He is the creator of all creation.

I assume we can agree that all the creation is real. And, if so, then the Creator is real also.

Now, The "belief" above in the definition is also defined in Webster's as confidence, trust.

The way many people develop this confidence or trust quality is through either personal experience or conversation with others such as family, acquaintances, or people who have historically demonstrated their trustworthiness to them. Persons who base their belief on a person or system are guaranteed to be disappointed, and their personal belief system challenged. since, as it says in Rom 3:23,

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;(KJV)"

Thus, persons as well as religious clubs are virtually guaranteed the need to tolerate some non-Christian performance to maintain their belief.

The modern term "Christian" was first applied to the students (disciples) in Antioch.(Acts 11:26)

Their 'beliefs' were termed "faith", as Paul, relating the story of his conversion to Agrippa, said in Acts 26:18

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."(KJV)

Thus this word, faith, is used for belief. Paul later says:

Heb 11:6 without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (KJV)

And in
Heb 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.(KJV)

Websters defines "substance" as "essential nature, essence, divine, matter, physical material", among others.

Thus we see that Faith is "real". We may also say that it does not have to be accepted to be real.

That their faith was in Christ Jesus, needs no reference by me.

Thus, Christ Jesus was real as Creator. His creation was real. His faith was real. His Word was real. His students were real people. Within a few years they were known as Christians, for
Acts 26:28:
"Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian."(KJV)

Thus Christianity is real, for Websters defines "real" as "relating to things, not artificial, genuine"

--------------------
Watchman
It's your choice--You can watch now or see later

Posts: 46 | From: Northern Alabama | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i guess i was kinda dumb for asking that question and expecting a real answer.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watchman
Advanced Member
Member # 3134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watchman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since this is Fathers Word, it is real enough for most. Some will not see until later.
Prov 6:16-22
16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

--------------------
Watchman

Posts: 46 | From: Northern Alabama | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niedziejkore
Advanced Member
Member # 2773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niedziejkore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry watchman, but please prove that christianity is not a religion, but is reality.

--------------------
Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Posts: 346 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watchman
Advanced Member
Member # 3134

It is obvious that we do not see all things the same way. That’s fine, because there is Another which will sort it all out, pleasing us all. In the meantime, let us praise the Savior which is the only One capable of washing us all.

When held to that standard all commentary and opinion is folly.

We all should realize that the sacred cow of religion is to be fatally gored. The sole survivor will be Christianity, which is not a religion, but a reality. A true freedom from religion.

One apropos statement I saw one of the boards, is “sacred cows make the best hamburger.”

Luke 12:51-52
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. (KJV)

--------------------
Watchman

Bro. Greg
Advanced Member
Member # 2943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bro. Greg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I learned is that it is a mistake to click on the link supplied by Dannyboy concerning the "Secret" Bud, it ain't no secret any more. Ya, shouldn't have supplied the link! We will pray for ya! [Prayer]

--------------------
Isaiah 5:20(KJV) 20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Bro. Greg
In and By His Grace
http://www.mychristiansite.com/ministries/pass_it_on

Posts: 527 | From: Montana, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only in Texas!!! [dance]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about DannyBoy, but that lady has our last name. I think we've been getting her mail, too. People that hear dh's name, but don't know him often send us junk mail to "Betty Bowers" instead of "Buddy Bowers." [Razz] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
H2G2
Advanced Member
Member # 2443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for H2G2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Blind leading the Blind, you are a catholic, have you even been reborn, baptized, or anything?

You have made my day ..........

-

Are you related DannyBoy?

[Razz]

Posts: 40 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel S:
And I see you are still adding your two cents worth to the words of our Lord Jesus, and doing so with the emphasis of shouting (all caps).

We'll keep praying for you, and we'll keep after you, too; that's what brothers and sisters in Christ do for others.

Dan S

Amen! My Brother [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBoy.:
you are a catholic,

[biglaugha] [pound] [pound] [pound] [biglaugha]

I've never seen someone be SO WRONG about so many things.

DannyBoy, I Am Saved. I've Been Baptised by immersion, and I have God's Holy Spirit indwelling me. I follow Yeshua (Jesus) and I believe 'Fundamentally' in HIS Perfect Written Word - The Bible. Jesus Was God in the Flesh who died for our sin and was raised again. The life I live right now in the flesh I live by Faith in the Son of God who loves me.

When I see Error or False Teaching I point it out as the Word tells us to. I belong to a Messianic Congregation but I am not of a denomination, I am a member of Yeshua's Called Out One's (The True Church).

I Pray the Lord will open your eyes and your understanding to HIS truth as He reveals in HIS written Word - The Bible. Our Father is NOT some Genie or Suggar Daddy that we can tell what to do or to order to give us what we want. It doesn't work that way. Those who twist certain scriptures are always going to be disappointed at some point on that. I've met plenty who already have and it's a shame!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBoy.(in reference to another on this board):
The Blind leading the Blind, you are a catholic, have you even been reborn, baptized, or anything?

You have made my day .......... [Smile]

DannyBoy

Wow, DannyBoy, and you say you don't make judgements? And if that person really were blind, you are writing about how happy it makes you? That's twisted.

quote:
DannyBoy then writes:
Behold, HE THAT LOVES LABELS / SIGNS KNOWS NOT THE PATHWAY BY HEART.

Seems to me you are the one loving the label and "sign" you advocate. You seem to fit your own statement; how sad.

quote:
DannyBoy later wrote:
P.S. So what does DannyBoy follow?
I follow the Cloud by Day and the Fire by Night.

It would be better if you followed what the Lord gave us - the Living Word and the written Word.

quote:
DannyBoy ends each post with:
--------------------
JESUS COMMANDED:
ACTS 1:4 ... commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5 ... ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. DID YOU OBEY? DO YOU SPEAK IN TONGUES?

And I see you are still adding your two cents worth to the words of our Lord Jesus, and doing so with the emphasis of shouting (all caps).

We'll keep praying for you, and we'll keep after you, too; that's what brothers and sisters in Christ do for others.

Dan S

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DannyBoy.
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
Click here to learn the truth about the unbibilicl teachings of the Pentacostal/Charismatic movement: http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/doctrine/charis35.htm#intro

It's not 'all' wrong, but there are some very distrubing teachings and this website discusses the good and the bad and gives a background of how this movement started.

You have made my day .......... [Smile]

DannyBoy

Behold, HE THAT LOVES LABELS / SIGNS KNOWS NOT THE PATHWAY BY HEART.

quote:
Denominations: The Secret of The Rainbow

Denominations are GREAT ruins of a spiritual truth, that God revealed to a group of people.

Like the Great Ruins of Ancient Civilizations, that grasp an ideal then later it dies or moves on to new things.

For the RAINBOW is like THE LIVING CHURCH FULL of LIFE, each band in the rainbow shows the WORD OF GOD rightfully divided, shining through each rain drop, as the light of the Father infills each drop.

The bands in the rainbow can symbolize churches, ie purple for sorrow, green for abundance, yellow for caution, blue for peace, red for blood.

Now denominations can not survive, they can exist and be dead inside and all will die and be replaced. Why? because God reveals truth to His Body as they NEED it. Denomintions insist on LOCKING PEOPLE IN and INSIST on their members NOT growing. They become staginate and are like a pond that is damned up, it begins to stick and turns into a swap / sewer for every unclean thing.

This goes for every denomination, including the First Assembly of God, look at the former Jimmy Swaggart Ministries (~under the Assemblies), and PTL Jim Bakker. For both are GREAT RUINS.

I am not judging, just making an observation. It was Jimmy that went about to condemn everyone and taught his people the same, and the people simply did what they where taught when dealing with him.

I want to say that it was WRONG for the PEOPLE to pull the RUG out from UNDER JUMMY SWAGGART ~to pull his plug and fiancial support.
FOR JESUS forgave every SIN. TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO.

PTL got crushed completely when Tammy went on television and said; "People I am down to my last ten thousand dollars." People giving ther pennies and dollars, and that statement implied that she spends money in units of $10,000 a whack.

I was at the Assemblies until I fouond out that MOST OF ALL their sermons are CANNED, like parrots, (Where is the annointed Man of God?). Canned sermons from their HEADQUARTERS, and NOT REVELATION KNOWLEDGE for the specific need of the people that local church. Canned sermons are common among preachers and pastors feeding their flock stale bread, and that is a sin. If they feed you stale bread, they certainly will not be around to protect you from the wolf, will they?

Some say we are the fastest growing church, or we are the world's largest church. Study the retain rate for the converts sticking to Jesus that are reborn in those churches. And the World's Largest Church, The Roman Catholic Church, well size means nothing, Does it? Look at the population of the world at Noah's time, how many were saved? REPENT

I am not judging, let's pray for Our Brothers & Sisters, and wisdom from God.

DannyBoy

P.S. So what does DannyBoy follow?
I follow the Cloud by Day and the Fire by Night.

quote:
Exodus 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

quote:
Isaiah 2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.
6 Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.
7 Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots:
8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not.
10 Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty.
11 The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
12 For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
13 And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,
14 And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,
15 And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,
16 And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.
17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
20 In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
22 Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

Click Here Read More
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click here to learn the truth about the unbibilicl teachings of the Pentacostal/Charismatic movement: http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/doctrine/charis35.htm#intro

It's not 'all' wrong, but there are some very distrubing teachings and this website discusses the good and the bad and gives a background of how this movement started.

--------------------

DannyBoy.
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click Here to Learn the Secret of The Bride of Christ
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement