Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Signs of the Times

Author Topic: Signs of the Times
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No doubt there are many books that we can learn from. I have found much information in different ancient sources. This does not mean I hold them to be the inspired Word of God. I suppose one could argue that concordances dont need to be in the Bible either. [Big Grin]

As for the name of Jesus, Yeshua, Yashua, Yehosua...if you are truely seeking to know, then study the Hebrew language yourself. Different groups believe different things, but the clearest of understanding comes from knowledge and understanding of the languages and the history.

Since we don't have Hebrew font on here, it is impossible for ANY of us to acurately write Jesus' name as it was.. so its all transliteration any way you try it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel S Yes, your response is much more to the point. 4Hislove's question had brought out an unregenerated facetious side in me. Alas! Who shall deliver me from this body of death! Thank God for Jesus Christ.

_______________ [Cross] _____
God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salti,

You're welcome, but the issue is still arguable. Technically, Enoch isn't an "Apocraphal" book by one definition, yet ther are many quotes from Paul's epistles (especially) where he does not quote (word-for-word) but rather paraphrases Apocraphyl books. It seems Paul must have really liked "Wisdom."

As for Yeshua vs. Yashua, I have always prefered Y'shua [Smile] I don't know why, I just do.

Born Again,
Your last post
quote:
4Hislove says:
quote:
What is the name of this bible or Missing Books??? Where can a person get this??

It's called The Missing Books Bible, and just like its name implies, it does not exist.

I think we should emphasize that the "complete" Word of God comes to us in the 66 books of the Holy Bible when accompanied by the Holy Spirit of God. We should point out that such things as the Apocrypha do exist, as do such works as "the gospel of Peter, Syriac and Egyptian gospels of Thomas, and other such works. But when we point them out, we must be certain to point out that they we considered and rejected as non-cannonical by early church leaders for a very good reason - they are not fully inspired. To rely on them is like leaning on a broken fence.

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4Hislove says
quote:
What is the name of this bible or Missing Books??? Where can a person get this??
It's called The Missing Books Bible, and just like its name implies, it does not exist.

_____________ [Cross] _____
God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

Salti
unregistered

Yeshua is Hebrew. It is the shortened version of Yehoshua. Iesous is the greek transliteration of that. (which in English has become "Jesus" ) The original use of the word "Yahshua" came from the Sacred Name Movement back in the 30's. While I cannot speak for those who use the word Yahshua as to why they prefer it to Yeshua, there are some who believe that Yeshua is wrong and Yashua is right because Jesus's name should include "Yah", the shortened form of Yahweh.

Jehovah and Yahweh are also the same word (YHVH), that are transliterated in different manners. The fact is, when you try translating and transliterating, change happens.

Salti
unregistered

Thanks Daniel, you saved my fingers a lot of typing [Smile]
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KJV MAN:
The Catholic Bible has some different books that were written by some of the early priest in THEIR church , no one else considers them sacred or inspired. My preference is the King James Version.

Dear bother KJV MAN,

The "Catholic Bible" as you call it includes what is known as the "Apocrypha," which were written (according to most sources) between the ending of the Old Testament and the beginning of the New Testament era, well before the earliest Catholic priests were born. They were never considered canonnical by the Jews, but were read as good books, historical documents, and considered by many (not all) as worthy to be used to teach from, etc.. The Roman Catholic Church, as I understand it, has the same outlook on these books. The Anglicans who wrote the KJV (the original 1611, not the 1769 revision most of us are familiar with) understood this and left them out for that very reason. Essentially they were too Romish and too Jewish, but above all, they are not cannon. They did, however, translate the Apocrypha as a separate work, which is available at http://uk.cambridge.org/bibles/bibleversions/kjv/apocryphatext.htm
or at the University of Virginia's Electronic text center: http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/kjv.browse.html

As for no one else considering them sacred or inspired, you paint with too broad a brush. Many people do. I don't consider them fully inspired and do not rely on them, but it is interesting to note that the Apocrypha is quoted in the New Testament scriptures. One example is Jude 14-15 "And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. [The King James Version, (Cambridge: Cambridge) 1769.] In these verses, Jude quotes from the Book of Enoch 1:9.

BTW, which translation of the "Catholic Bible" are you looking at to compare your KJV with?

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disciple4Christ
Advanced Member
Member # 1838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Disciple4Christ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a side note: Just curious actually?

I've noticed here, two people spelling the name Yeshua as "yahshua." I have never seen it spelled with an "a" before now. What's the actual usage in the Hebrew and the Greek?

Thanks.

In Christ's Love,

mark

--------------------
His Grace abounds.

Posts: 68 | From: These United States | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disciple4Christ
Advanced Member
Member # 1838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Disciple4Christ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! [clap2]

The LORD has been sounding that Scripture in my heart daily:

"Look up, for your redemption draws near!"

Even though things are getting worse (in some ways) on this ol' ball of dirt called earth...this current world-age is quickly coming to a close. But, we know where we will be when Jesus comes to earth again to set up His Millenial Kingdon: we will be with Him!

Life's struggles and persecutions are increasing for faithful Believers in Christ, but...yes, be of good cheer, and look up, daily, for our redemption indeed draws very near!

Literally, any day now...maybe yet today, He can call us to, "Come up here!" Our translating to Heaven can come so soon. Nothing else needs to happen.

Yes, we are smack-dab in the Falling Away.

But, be of good cheer...He has overcome the world! Endure to the end, fight the good fight, reach for the prize, and run the race with faith.

Surely, LORD Jesus; come quickly!

Amen!

In Christ's Love,

mark

--------------------
His Grace abounds.

Posts: 68 | From: These United States | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are truly signs of the times..

and i agree that we are truly in the "great falling away", the last days..

But let us "Look up for our redemption draws near"

amen
'

[clap2]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen on this one Mark!
This stuff is scary and much more prevalent than we realize.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disciple4Christ
Advanced Member
Member # 1838

More...in response to the so-called, "Toronto Blessing."

First, when people start howling like wolves and barking like dogs in church, writhing around on the carpet...it ain't no blessing!
[Eek!]

It started at the Toronto Airport Vineyard church from what I understand, but it's roots were also reported to have been in the Anaheim Vineyard church as well.

Also...the so-called "Brownsville Revival" in Florida, was fueled...off of the spiritual madness caused by this false spirit prevalent in Toronto. Be warned...it was not the Holy Spirit of God that was manifest in these meetings!

I haven't yet checked out the specific links previously posted...but one can also do a search on Google (for instance), and type in the search words "Brownsville Revival."

Next, type in, "Toronto Blessing."

You'll find several sites on each of these topics. Be discerning though...there are just as many sites who support these devilish manifestation-movements as there are that rightly expose them for what hellish things they are, and sternly condemn them.

If one will prayerfully, by God's pure Word, test all the teachings, and manifestations of these so-called "revivals" you will see that they are not of God.

They are laced with man's deceiving words, and the devilish spirit of confusion and deception.

At the Brownsville Revival meetings, a common statement made to [deceived] meeting attendees was..."Don't pray. If you pray, you'll miss out on what the spirit is doing."

Boom!!! That should be a red flag right there.

The Bible teaches us to "pray without ceasing."

So, if you pray in Jesus' name, and that causes you to miss out on the "blessing" that this "spirit" is doling out...you can be absolutely assured that the spirit is not God's Holy Spirit!

I have personally met a very confused, and spiritually immature, and messed-up man, who claims to have received this "blessing" or this "spirit of Toronto" in a church in Walla Walla, Washington.

His is a spirit of confusion. He gets strange head jerks in prayer and worship, and the spirit that he has been infected with is not of our God. He has no peace, but is a sadly deceived man.

I have a big black binder full of articles exposing much of the spiritual madness of these revivals...which I have coined as "Charismania."

Test the following heresies by God's pure Word, and you will be very enlightened, not to mention, shocked.

1. "Drunk in the spirit."

2. "Slain in the spirit."

3. "Laughing in the spirit."

4. "Toronto blessing."

5. "Brownsville Revival."

I know there are going to be some folks out there who will want to crucify me for the statements I've made here.

But don't take my word or their word for it. You read about it in the Bible for yourself...praying to the Holy Spirit for spiritual wisdom and discernment.

Test these heresies by the pure Word of God, and pray on it. Your eyes shall be opened!

This deceiving spirit of Toronto & Brownsville has "infected" thousands of churches in America, England, and is slowly spreading over the globe.

It is the deceiving spirit of anti-christ.

Jesus warned us about these deceiving spirits that would come in the Last Days. He said, take heed that no one deceive you!

The Last Days are here folks.

Do not be deceived.

Test all things by God's pure Word.

In Christ's Love,

[Cross]

mark

--------------------
His Grace abounds.

KJV MAN
Advanced Member
Member # 1905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJV MAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 4Hislove:
Want to know what I find really scary...2 things...#1, out here were we live we have a church hidden away that use to be a house..no one would buy it as a house because a woman was murdered in it, but it did get bought finally..know what it is now??? A so called Church For GAYS!!! Never in My life have I heard of such a thing but buddy, we got one!! #2, Where can a person Find A REAL BIBLE, A WHOLE BIBLE, one with ALL the books in it, One where none of the seperate faiths didn't pick and chose what they wanted to believe..That is what really scares me..Because what I seem to remember is that We were NOT suppose to do that to the bible at all, and we as a people branched out..thats exactly what we did. As far as I know the Catholic Bible is the ONLY bible that has nearly ALL the books, But not all of them. It is my understanding that even that bible is Missing some books. So, where is this bible? Where can a person get this?? What is the name of this bible or Missing Books???

The Catholic Bible has some different books that were written by some of the early priest in THEIR church , no one else considers them sacred or inspired. My preference is the King James Version.
I feel this is the one preserved for the English speaking people!

--------------------
BIBLE-Basic Instuctions Before Leaving Earth!!!!

Posts: 81 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Hislove
Advanced Member
Member # 265

Icon 20 posted      Profile for 4Hislove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Want to know what I find really scary...2 things...#1, out here were we live we have a church hidden away that use to be a house..no one would buy it as a house because a woman was murdered in it, but it did get bought finally..know what it is now??? A so called Church For GAYS!!! Never in My life have I heard of such a thing but buddy, we got one!! #2, Where can a person Find A REAL BIBLE, A WHOLE BIBLE, one with ALL the books in it, One where none of the seperate faiths didn't pick and chose what they wanted to believe..That is what really scares me..Because what I seem to remember is that We were NOT suppose to do that to the bible at all, and we as a people branched out..thats exactly what we did. As far as I know the Catholic Bible is the ONLY bible that has nearly ALL the books, But not all of them. It is my understanding that even that bible is Missing some books. So, where is this bible? Where can a person get this?? What is the name of this bible or Missing Books???

--------------------
Your Sister In Christ,
Christine

Posts: 50 | From: Bloomfield, Ky. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In response to JESUSISGOD2
The Toronto Blessing is where it picked up popularity and has spread from there. Some Penecostal churches are seeking these manifistations.

Here are some links if you want to be informed

deceptioninthechurch.com/96a-03.htm

www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~ahuima/toronto/kundalini.html

http://www.equip.org/free/DP244-1.htm

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will keep looking up with the blood of the Lamb in my forehead. [wiggle7] Slave unto righteousness...

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JesusisGod2
Community Member
Member # 1825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JesusisGod2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys and Gals,

This is some good stuff but what is this satanic animal sounds/ manifestations? where is this happening?

Doesnt sound Holy to me.

God bless

--------------------
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer" Psalms 19:14

Posts: 14 | From: Lockport Illinois | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KJV MAN
Advanced Member
Member # 1905

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KJV MAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are scary times for our world now , but these things must come to pass. I feel that CHRIST could come back for his Church at any second.
The really scary times haven't approached yet. Christians are the salt of the earth. Salt is a preservative. When the church is removed from this earth ; it's going to be really ugly!!!
GOD bless!!!

--------------------
BIBLE-Basic Instuctions Before Leaving Earth!!!!

Posts: 81 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 8 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sad thing is they turn it around and make like those who believe what the Bible says are intolerant and un-informed. If you dont accept gays you are prejuidce. We have as nation have decided to pick and choose what is God's word and what is not.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disciple4Christ
Advanced Member
Member # 1838

Good information.

To me though....Biblically, the more revealing sign of the times, is the horrific Falling Away that the Bible says "must come first" before the man of sin is revealed.

Consecration of a "Gay Bishop"--recognizing gay unions in some of the churches, the deceptive teachings of false prophets, deceiveing spirits and damnable heresies, satanic animal sound/manifestations which people say is the Holy Spirit, apostasy in various forms, the roles of men and women in the Church being so out of order, etc., etc., etc!

Warnings of this time of spiritual deception happening are much more prevalent, than the earthquakes, etc, occcuring. But they are part of the end times events too.

Famines, pestilences, shortages, financial woes, etc.

It's all part of the signs of the end times.

The saddest part is..."And because lawlessness will increase, the love of many shall grow cold."

Lord Jesus...help us that our love will not grow cold.

[Cross]

--------------------
His Grace abounds.

Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. (Matt 24:32-33, Mark 13:28-29)

AIDS, Heat Wave, West Nile Virus, Locusts, Tornados, Typhoons, St. Cayetano Shrine, Cloned Horse, Earthquakes, RFID

UN health chief Lee Jong-wook said AIDS is "like Armageddon", especially in South Africa.

AIDS "Like Armageddon"

Europe is experiencing a heat wave that is causing a drought, devastating crops and igniting wildfires.

Heat Wave in Europe

U.S. health official Dr. Julie Gerberding warns West Nile Virus cases have tripled and may surpass last year's record numbers.

West Nile Virus

Locusts have invaded Mongolia.

Locusts

A tornado in Florida destroyed 500 homes.

Tornado

Typhoon Etau slammed Japan into bringing strong winds torrential rains.

Typhoon

Argentine's are flocking to a shrine of St. Cayetano in the hopes of receiving work and basic necessities.

St. Cayetano Shrine

In Italy, Italian scientists have succeeded in creating the world's first horse clone.
Cloned Horse

Israeli geologists predict the "big one" (earthquake) is coming.
Earthquake

United States' largest food companies and retailers will try to win consumer approval for radio identification devices by portraying the technology as an essential tool for keeping the nation's food supply safe from terrorists.
RFID

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement