Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Israel wants full EU membership

Author Topic: Israel wants full EU membership
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Poland's getting a 7 year transition period when they join the EU next year.
Very interesting....especially since the Rome Statute also calls for a seven year transition period. It seems to me that these are now interlinked...that to join the EU means that a state must also confirm the Rome Statute.
The fact that Israel is looking for EU membership strengthens my position that the Rome Statute could be THE seven year covenant that will be confirmed by Israel.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grace case   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The restored Temple will be built very close to the Muslim temple.

That's [probably] why when Christ comes again...to step foot on the Mount of Olives, that it splits in two...thus, creating a very large valley.

He will separate them, as one who separates the Sheep (His Sheep) from the goats...the tares of the wicked one.

The Temple--the House of the Lord, will be on His right...and the temple of the wicked one will be on His left.

We know what happens to the goats.

Barbecue time! [crying] [crying] [crying]

[Cross]

--------------------
Respectfully,

In Christ's love and glorious Grace,

Mark

Posts: 253 | From: Pacific Northwest | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grace case   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't that be funny...if Berlusconi...with his $29 Billion...offered to pay to have the Temple restored on the Mount in Jerusalem...as a show of, "Good faith!"

[Wink]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Mark

Posts: 253 | From: Pacific Northwest | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

Well....either way, If Bercusolini comes up with a proposal for some miraculous (future) peace plan for Israel....keep your eyes wide-open!

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Jesus Christ.....coming soon to a planet near you!

[Cross]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Mark

grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

So...has there been any power-struggle/conflicts between Prodi and Berlusconi?

--------------------
Respectfully,

Mark

grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

Wow! K, I just read the whole article!

This guy is a meglomaniac! He worships himself!

He fits the A.C. profile...that's for sure...and, to come out of Rome? [Wink]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Mark

grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

This quote reeks of a thirst for unchallenged power.

quote:
"Unfortunately the right of veto still applies for a large number of decisions.

Here I must be very clear: accepting unanimity as a rule for decision-making means no decisions will be taken. The right of veto spells deadlock for the Union.

I have repeatedly warned against creating competing centres of power when it comes to implementing the Union's policies.

I am not sure the job description of the European Council Chair rules out any risk of duplication of the executive function.

If a more permanent Chair is needed for the European Council to function better, more safeguards need to be introduced to avoid that risk.

Lastly, the practical innovations proposed for the Commission after 2009 raise fears regarding the effectiveness of this institution. And the Commission will be essential for sound action in the enlarged Union."

Doesn't sound like he wants anyone to have the right to veto him...! [Wink]

I smell an agenda!

--------------------
Respectfully,

Mark

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark,

Italy (ROME) holds the current EU presidency. Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi just took office. web page

Mark here is the link to the story...
I am the lord's annointed one says Soon to be EU president!

I dont think this qoute should be overlooked!

Read this whole article I think you will be amazed!

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

According to the EU website I checked...Romano Prodi is the "European Council" President.

Go to:

http://europa.eu.int/rapid/start/cgi/guestfr.ksh?p_action.gettxt=gt&doc=SPEECH/03/311|0|RAPID&lg=EN

Where does Silvio fit into the EU?

--------------------
Respectfully,

Mark

grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

Hi K,

I found the article about the Italian Prime Minister. Yeah, he sounds like a real piece of work...but I cannot find the place where he supposedly said..."I am the lord's annointed one."

So, is he actually the EU President...or just the Prime Minister of Italy?

--------------------
Respectfully,

Mark

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mark my source link is on the first post of this topic.

I think I fixed the other link above. [Roll Eyes]

Try it and let me know [hyper]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

Sorry K, your link didn't seem to work? [Confused]

I did a word search on "European Union President" and I found the EU website. Here is an article I looked at.

quote:
Romano Prodi President of the European Commission Presenting the Thessaloniki European Council Press conference Brussels, 18 June 2003

DN: SPEECH/03/311 Date: 18/06/2003

Romano Prodi

President of the European Commission

Presenting the Thessaloniki European Council

Press conference

Brussels, 18 June 2003

Ladies and gentlemen,

The European Council in Thessaloniki that begins tomorrow will tackle various matters of great urgency and importance to Europe today. The Greek Presidency of the Council has helped us to prepare for the summit with remarkable skill. I am sure that it will be a success for all.

First, let me say a few words on migration, borders and asylum. The European Union must develop a common policy in this area.

This is a high political priority endorsed by the Convention, and in the Member States the public's expectations on this issue are high.

According to the latest Eurobarometer results released yesterday, seven out of ten Europeans want the EU to have a common asylum and migration policy.

The Council has called for a comprehensive approach on several occasions.

This approach is shared by the Commission and it has followed it by presenting three Communications to the European Council, together with a proposal for special cooperation with non-member countries.

The Commission is convinced that, in the light of progress made in the last few years, the time has now come to take further steps to consolidate the basis for our common policy.

I will quote three examples:

Community financing must gradually rise to a level compatible with the existing margins and with the declared political aim. We have made provision for a package comprising 140 million euro to manage the external borders and 250 million euro for cooperation with non-member countries.

Legislation must be supplemented by enhanced administrative cooperation and the introduction of the necessary infrastructure.

The directives on family reunification and long-term residents are a clear success for the Greek Presidency. The time has now come to continue along these lines with a positive approach to immigration that highlights its benefits. The integration of legal immigrants must be a shared priority.

We must show the same political determination in the area of asylum.

We have done good work and the first phase of the common system sought at Tampere is gradually being put in place.

I am truly sorry that, after months of intense negotiations, no agreement has yet been reached on a directive defining the concept of refugees and harmonising forms of subsidiary protection.

Such an instrument, together with the directive on procedures, forms the core of this common system.

It is vital for the Italian Presidency to give priority to ensuring those two texts are adopted in December at the latest. This will allow the Seville deadline to be met.

In addition, as regards the readmission policy, further effort is needed on the basis of full cooperation with the countries of origin and transit.

The second major topic at the Thessaloniki Summit will be the Convention.

I hope that the European Council will conclude that the draft Constitution presented by the Convention should form the basis for the Intergovernmental Conference starting in October.

The Convention's draft goes in the right direction and meets certain important objectives.

The challenge for the IGC is to improve the draft on two key points:

the extension of majority voting, and

the institutional architecture.
The Convention has shown it could work effectively. I would like to thank Mr Giscard d'Estaing for the skilful way in which he led the Convention to a final compromise.

The most important and positive results I see are:

The European Union of the future will be better equipped to provide security and justice for its citizens.

The Charter of Fundamental Rights will be legally binding. This means basic rights will be more visible and more explicit for all citizens.

The Commission will represent the EU in the international arena, except for the Common Foreign and Security Policy and the euro. Our capacity to influence world events and globalisation will grow as a result.

As regards CFSP, I welcome the introduction of a Minister of Foreign Affairs with the rank of Vice-President of the Commission. The post of Foreign Minister is a major institutional innovation and I am fully in favour of it.

The Convention's text simplifies the existing Treaties and clarifies the powers of the Union and the Member States.
However, there are some areas where the Convention did not reach a satisfactory outcome:

Unfortunately the right of veto still applies for a large number of decisions.

Here I must be very clear: accepting unanimity as a rule for decision-making means no decisions will be taken. The right of veto spells deadlock for the Union.

I have repeatedly warned against creating competing centres of power when it comes to implementing the Union's policies.

I am not sure the job description of the European Council Chair rules out any risk of duplication of the executive function.

If a more permanent Chair is needed for the European Council to function better, more safeguards need to be introduced to avoid that risk.

Lastly, the practical innovations proposed for the Commission after 2009 raise fears regarding the effectiveness of this institution. And the Commission will be essential for sound action in the enlarged Union.
Lastly, a few words on the Union's policy towards the Western Balkans.

The Thessaloniki Summit will mark a decisive stage in this strategy.

It will reaffirm our responsibility towards this region and our determination to help the countries there to become members of the Union.

I have often said -- and I will say it again -- that the unification of Europe will not be complete until our friends in the Balkans are part of the family.

Croatia's application for membership is an encouraging sign and I welcome it warmly.

I cannot conceal the fact that implementing this common project calls for a lot of work.

That is why we have drawn up an Agenda for the Western Balkans based on our Communication of last May. The Agenda was agreed by our Foreign Ministers in Luxembourg on Monday.

It is a broad and ambitious agenda, a common agenda for a joint project.

We are confident that all the countries in the region are determined to do their bit and speed up their reform process.

To implement the Agenda, we clearly need financial resources that match our ambitions. From this viewpoint, our total finance for the region will rise by 210 million euro over the next three years.

Maybe this was not exactly what we -- and the countries in the region -- hoped. But we also have a commitment from the Council to provide substantial financial support to match the efforts made by the Western Balkan countries to meet the Union's standards.

So my appeal to the region is: Go ahead and work hard so we are "obliged" to give you more money.

A final comment on the regional dimension. This is far from empty rhetoric, but an absolute necessity.

Thank you."

Didn't see the name of the fellow that you mentioned...nor anything so far about Israel wanting in.

What was your source again?

--------------------
Respectfully,

Mark

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark check here [thumbsup2]

web page

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

[Wink] Ahhh!

quote:
"Italy holds the current EU presidency. Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi..."
Hmmmmm, I wonder if his office is in Rome?

Is this chap a charming fellow?

Time will tell! [Wink]

--------------------
Respectfully,

Mark

grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

Amen!

Last time...He rode into Jerusalem as a humble suffering servant, on a lowly donkey. He came as the Lamb...to sacrifice Himself.

This time...and soon, He comes as conquering King, to establish His Kingdom on earth...and He will come on the clouds of Heaven on a white horse, with billions of His saints and angels with Him. He will come as the Mighty Lion of Judah!

Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!

[clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

Praise God!

Hallelujah!

[Cross] Come, Lord Jesus, come!

--------------------
Respectfully,

Mark

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Poland's getting a 7 year transition period when they join the EU next year. [Eek!]

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/s...36.html?menu=07

Last paragraph reads:

"The treaty calls for a seven-year transition period, but the Netherlands and Britain are among five nations that have said they will welcome Poles as soon as accession is official."

Ahh the revived roman empire (EU) wanting Israel to be a part of the EU. Its a matter of time Israel will be in the EU and the EU army will be in Israel. Just like in the days when Jesus walked. Watch out EU empire I hear a King coming and this time he wont be as merciful as the first time he came.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Israel is part of Asia. But that might not bare any cause to what might be in track already.

-

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Israel technically in Asia? How could they join the "Eurpopean" Union?

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By Zia Iqbal Shahid
http://jang.com.pk/thenews/jul2003-...main/main17.htm

BRUSSELS: Tel Aviv has sent several signals to the European Union conveying that Israel wants full EU membership.

Israeli government has officially told the EU that Israel is expediting its endeavours to resolve all its outstanding disputes with its neighbouring states which is a pre-requisite under the EU rules for acceptance of any country's candidature, a reliable source in Brussels told the News.

The European Union is faced with a new dilemma of handling the fresh diplomatic initiative by Israel seeking a full EU membership with the support of the current EU presidency, while other major EU member states remain divided on the issue.

The European Union was first startled when Israeli Foreign Minister Silver Shalom recently told an EU delegation in Washington that his government was weighing an application to join the EU. The foreign minister was quoted as saying: "possibility, in principle, exists for Israel to join the EU since Israel and Europe share similar economies and democratic values."

Italy holds the current EU presidency. Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi supports Israel's inclusion in the EU, and his views on this issue have triggered another crucial debate at the European Union. "My country insists on the vision of expanded Europe that will include Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Moldavia, the Ukraine, Russia, Belorussia and, of course, Israel. If Europe wants to compete with the United States, it must find a way to speak in one voice," the prime minister was quoted as saying.

Germany is the first to express deep reservations over the new EU presidency's propensity to support the campaign launched by Israel asking for a full membership of the EU. Germany has reacted coolly to the calls by the Italian prime minister to include Israel, Russia and Ukraine as new members in the European Union.

Despite very close relations with Israel and Russia, Germany is publicly opposing the move aimed at granting EU membership to these countries.

"There are no plans to include these countries into the European Union," German Foreign Ministry spokesman Walter Lindner said in a briefing.

The supporters of Israel's inclusion in the European Union argue that there should be no trepidation in accepting Israel's candidature for the EU, as Turkey, a strategic Middle East player and an Islamic country, has already been officially accepted as a candidate for the EU.

Knowing that under the prevalent EU rules, a country in dispute with its neighbours is not entitled to apply for candidature of the European Union, Israel's sympathisers in the EU are advising the government of Ariel Sharon to keep on expediting official efforts to implement the Middle East "roadmap" besides achieving peace with Syria and Jordan. Israel has already concluded peace treaties with Egypt and Jordan.

The European Union is a major actor in the Middle East, playing a vital role as a member of the "Quartet" of the United States, EU, Russia and the United Nations that have jointly drawn up the roadmap to settle the Middle East crisis.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement