Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Solana's Secure Europe in a Better World

Author Topic: Solana's Secure Europe in a Better World
grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grace case   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"The devil went down to Georgia, he was lookin for a soul to steal, the devil was in a bind, he was behind...we was willin to make a deal."
Sounds like the pieces are falling into place for the soon-to-be signing of a 7 year peace treaty with Israel...eh?

Israel...God's "prophetic clock" may start ticking again...sooner than we think. [Wink]

--------------------
Respectfully,

In Christ's love and glorious Grace,

Mark

Posts: 253 | From: Pacific Northwest | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the article:
http://www.rnw.nl/hotspots/html/eu030623.html

Solana's Secure Europe and Better World

The most amazing thing is happening. Just last week, the fragile world order lay fractured and nobody knew what to do about it. Now, suddenly, a man may have appeared with a solution.

Here was the problem: The Iraqi war was threatening to turn old friends into new enemies. Some EU member states -- such as Germany, France and Belgium -- strongly and openly opposed America going to war in Iraq. Others -- such as Britain, Spain and Portugal -- fully supported the war. Then there were all the remaining EU nations, on both sides of the Iraqi issue, who also had strong feelings but stayed out of the fight.

To make matters worse, an unusual heat wave awaited the EU heads when they gathered in Greece for their important June summit. At this summit the EU heads would be tackling the most difficult and controveral issues over what shape their new, super EU would take.

This was the setting for the EU's High Representative, Javier Solana, to present his 10-page document. It was titled, "A Secure Europe in a Better World." And, it's goal was to give the EU a new foreign policy that would achieve what its name implied.

Solana's plan had three basic parts. First, it called for the EU to contribute more resources to establishing economic and political stability in their neighborhood. Second, it called on the EU to build an international order. And third, it called for the EU to strengthen its civil and military capacity to deal with the threat of weapons of mass destruction and rouge states.

There was nothing really surprising about Solana's plan. What was surprising was the way everybody loved it. France loved it because it would created a multipolar world to counter American dominance. Germany loved it because it would build an international order. Britain, Spain, Portugal and the 10 new EU members loved it because it stressed the importance of maintaining good relations with America and the Atlantic alliance. Even the United States liked this part.

Another thing that interests me about this is the timing. Solana couldn't have delivered his proposal at a better time. As I mentioned before, the EU heads were discussing the blueprint for their new EU. And, part of this blueprint called for a much more powerful EU foreign minister who will have a seat in the Council next to the heads of state. Not only that, this new foreign minister will also have the authority to sign treaties for the EU. In other words, as far as foreign policy goes, whoever holds this new foreign minister post could end up being more powerful than even the new EU president.

Like I said, just last week the fragile world order lay fractured and nobody knew what to do about it. Now, suddenly, a man may have appeared with a solution.

If I were looking for a foreign minister, I know who I'd choose.

06-24-2003
Herb
www.fulfilledprophecy.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement