Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » And that no man might buy or sell,

Author Topic: And that no man might buy or sell,
KJV MAN
Advanced Member
Member # 1905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJV MAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe technology is ready now to put such a system in place. The word mark is translated back to the the meaning "to etch". Ironic that term is used in the production of micro-chips.

--------------------
BIBLE-Basic Instuctions Before Leaving Earth!!!!

Posts: 81 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
qt
The mark (Gr. charagma) must not be taken literally as in most of John's imagery. The mark received is a parody or counterfeit to the seal received by the children of God, see Rev 14:1, this seal is not a visible seal. They have the name of the Lamb and the Father written on their foreheads, if we do not take this as a literal mark then it is likely that the mark of the beast is not a literal mark. Here it is described in v17 'the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name' which is identified as 666 in verse 18. It is closely linked to those who worship the beast and his image, it marks them as his (the beast's). It is received on the forehead meaning their mind or on the hand meaning their actions i.e. anyone who follows the philosophy or who carries out the actions of the beast. The characteristics of those so marked is described in Rev 21:8, also Rev 22:15, everyone who loves (mark on the forehead) and practises falsehood (mark on the hand). From Rom 12:1 those who worship the beast are those who are conformed to the pattern of this world (worldly) and are not renewed in their mind, they do not obey the will of God. The mark can mean ownership, devotion, acceptance of the authority of the beast, just as the seal of God marks out those who are His, so the mark of the beast marks out those who are his. Not only cattle but slaves were branded as a mark of ownership. Perhaps John is also thinking of the marks of the cross that Jesus bore on his hands and the marks caused by the crown of thorns. Those who receive this mark are going to be punished along with the beast (Rev 14:9-11, 19:20). Those who worship the beast and his image and those who receive the mark of his name are the same (4:11). The saints are those who had not worshipped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or hands (20:4). The saints are those who worship God (11:1), obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus (14:12).

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand that particular view, for is held very much so for the very reason of the information that can hold. However, the word of God does not say that! Can a chip determine the condition and end of your soul? No.

Rev 13:16 - to receive a mark
Contrast God's seal and name in the foreheads of His servants, Rev_7:3; Rev_14:1; Rev_22:4; and Gal_6:17, "I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus," that is, I am His soldier and servant. The mark in the right hand and forehead implies the prostration of bodily and intellectual powers to the beast's domination. "In the forehead by way of profession; in the hand with respect to work and service"

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a mark given to every person on earth; one must have this mark to participate economically.

A literal mark, needed to buy or sell, is certainly conceivable and practicable.

Modern technology has made it possible to tattoo a scannable mark on someone, or even to implant a scannable chip on someone - something that might have all a person's personal information, given in a theft-proof manner, carrying all their financial information as well.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

That is correct; it does not matter what My opinion is...it only matters what the Bible says. In addition, the word of God tells us that it is a mark not a chip big different.

Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand (that which performs)(ability)(will), or in their foreheads: (mind)

--------------------

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Mac<
You know it does not matter what your opinion is...it only matters what the Bible says. [Bible]

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

In my opinion, the antichrist does not need a chip in your head nor in your arm to know where are you and what are you doing. He have been a father for a very long time and a father knows his children wither they are close or far from. (You are of your father the devil)

13:17 mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of its name.

This is not talking about a chip inside your head or in your right, left hand.

A name is more close to anything (many antichrists) the number of A man for through man he displays the (anti) against God.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers have entered into the world, who do not confess Jesus Christ coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the anti-christ.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Pastor says the mark will not take place until after the rapture. He also says no one take it by accident. People will know that when they take the mark that they are swearing their allegence to the Anti-Christ. (although, they may think he is the real Christ)
Christians at this point in time will be in Heaven celebrating with the REAL Christ. [BooHoo]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honeybeez
Community Member
Member # 1781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for honeybeez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed. The mark will be visible and taken willingly. And it won't be something that could be discarded easily if they changed their minds. IF they could change their minds. I feel it is technology that has not been introduced to the public yet.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18 | From: maryland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it would be easy since we have come to trust the physician first and God second when it comes to healing in the first place!

But, I dont think the mark will be something we can get secretly. I think it will be something that folks take willingly. It is a symbol of worship.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honeybeez
Community Member
Member # 1781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for honeybeez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[wave3] greetings Not The One..welcome!

quote:
Actually, The article I read stated that the technology has the ability to retain who purchased the items and could be stored for the use with returns.
...Yikes! They don't need to know who I am to refund an item that has their tag still on it and a valid receipt. What an excuse!

I personally feel these ARE the facts. The government has things the common person knows little to nothing about. They track by satellite anything and anyone, even reading licence plate numbers from thousands of miles above the planets surface. No, I haven't watched too many spy movies. [Big Grin]

With Walmart's infamous record of the up and coming Diversity Training for all to embrace the agenda of the Sodomite, anything is possible with them.

One Step Further:
How very convenient it would be to plant a sandsize chip in every person who under goes surgery of any kind spanning from heart surgery to having a tooth filled. You'd never know.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18 | From: maryland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, The article I read stated that the technology has the ability to retain who purchased the items and could be stored for the use with returns.

The point is the system here, from GPS systems that can track anyone or anything on the globe with pinpoint accuracy, to smart cards, and our level of comfortability with online banking and cashless trade, to identification chips planted in animals and hybrid seeds that are sterile.

We have to understand that the system of the anichrist will have to be able to control even barter of livestock and the growing of your own produce.

It is all here my friend, all here! All we await is going up of the Bride to the Marriage that will occur in the Father's house, and then the Son of perdition to be revealed.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not the One
Community Member
Member # 1762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not the One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all...I'm new here but this topic caught my attention.
The "chip" is just that...a chip. If your doing no wrong and going about your business I don't think you have any worries. We are afforded certain rights and I think a revolution would happen before or if those right were taken away from us.
The "chip" only works inside the perimeter of it sensing device. It's not like Lojack...it tracks purchases and inventory. once you leave the store it can't track you anymore than an anti-shoplifting sensor can.
If you ask me I don't think the end times are here yet,they will come but I don't think in our life times. That is my opinion and I could be wrong.
AC will arrive but I don't think the time is ripe yet.
Anyway...I hope I didn't make anyone angry on my first post...sometimes the facts are alittle more important and can help make things a little clearer.
God Bless
Sid

--------------------
It's al good as long as no one is hurt

Posts: 7 | From: NYC | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zziizzxx
Community Member
Member # 1725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zziizzxx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it all started with bar codes and we have them everywhere now. The chip in the hand is not far off.You have to admit it is a good system to keep track of terrorist and anyone else the world thinks needs to be watched.
at the last trump we will be changed in a twinkling of an eye.

Posts: 7 | From: LA. Ca. | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
These chips, researched at M.I.T.'s Auto-ID Center are about the size of a grain of sand
Amazing the size of a grain of sand? The AC will be able to put that right in your head or hand and track everythng you do........... [Eek!]

[wiggle7] get us outta here Lord!

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Cameron
Advanced Member
Member # 1090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cameron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The end draws ever closer.

--------------------
Why do we care what people think of us when we know what God thinks of us?

Posts: 332 | From: Queensland, Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

We have heard a lot about the use of chips, but this article for me was spine chilling. Folks this chip which goes home with you will be implanted with the personal information of the purchaser.

You must read!

BIG BROTHER COMES TO WAL-MART

By Mary Starrett

June 11, 2003

NewsWithViews.com

Starting this week, the nation's largest discount retailer will quietly begin selling tracking-chipped products to clueless shoppers. The first volley in their war against our privacy is set to start at their Brockton, Massachusetts store.

Wal-Mart will put Radio Frequency I.D. sensors on shelves stocked with RFID-tagged Gillette products, but they'd rather you didn't know about it, because, hey, you might not like it, and then you might make noise and then they'd have a big PR mess on their hands.

You might even stop buying Gillette products or, say, refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.

These chips, researched at M.I.T.'s Auto-ID Center are about the size of a grain of sand. Chipsters say the technology will only be used to help retailers keep track of inventory - like bar codes. But privacy-loving consumers question the very concept of a device that sends out radio waves to "readers" that not only identify the article, but where and with whom it's going.

The Big Brother implications of this thing need little hyping to get your skin crawling.

Wal-Mart's putting the pressure on its top 100 suppliers to make sure their inventory is all chipped by the end of next year.

But why start this in Brockton, Mass?

Could it be because the store's customers are typically lower income minorities who'd be less likely to be aware of the tracking devices, and even less likely to make a fuss about them?

Their thinking? Let's foist it on folks who're too concerned about paying the electric bill to be aware of these types of issues.

Retailers are SUPPOSED to alert their customers to the tracking chips and offer to "kill" the tags at the checkout counter.

Don't count on it, because what you don't know won't hurt you, right? And to PROVE those RFID tags won't be "killed" at the cash register one of the ways they're planning on convincing you, the shopper that these tags are A-OK is by touting how "hassle-free" returns will be. Huh? If the tags are supposedly turned off at purchase, how can they be read after the item's brought back to the store? Just one of the myriad lies you'll be told about this technology.

Are we to expect that in addition to being asked the "paper or plastic" question we'll get an option on whether the RFID tags are left on or turned off? Not only will consumers be witnessing the death throes of privacy, but it's going to cost them. Currently, the chips cost about 60 cents each. Add that to the cost of each and every item that uses this Orwellian technology. Gillette and Wal-Mart are only the pioneers here, the stated plan is to affix each item produced on the planet with RFID tags. Each pack of gum, each roll of film, each bottle of Merlot.

So what's a freedom-loving shopper to do?

Fortunately for us, there's a really smart lady finishing up a Ph.D. at Harvard. She started a group that's bellowing out the urgency of fighting this technology; her name is Katherine Albrecht and she's founder of CASPIAN (Consumers Against Supermarket Privacy Invasion And Numbering). Albrecht's CASPIAN has proposed a piece of federal legislation called "RFID RIGHT TO KNOW ACT OF 2003". It's a law that would let consumers know which products had tracking chips attached to them. In short, the proposed bill would amend the Fair Packaging and Labeling Program by adding language that requires manufacturers to state (in a conspicuous location) that the package contains a radio frequency identification tag that can transmit unique identification information to a "reader" device both before and AFTER it's purchased(!).

This is where you come in.

The bill needs a sponsor.

Maybe YOUR Congressional Representative would like to go on record as having helped stop this assault on our privacy. Forward this article to him/her and tell them the entire text of the bill can been seen at nocards.org.

Will you make it a point to email, call or fax your representative today, before our Big Brother gets any bigger? Do it NOW before the lobbyists and big money special interests get to them and convince Congress these RFID chips are consumer-friendly!

And while you're at it, why not tell the suits at Wal-Mart and Gillette (and Home Depot, Proctor and Gamble and Johnson & Johnson, too, by the way) that from here on out you wouldn't go near their stores or their products with a ten foot pole.

It works. Remember back a few months when I told you how Italian clothing company Benetton had chipped their Sisely line of clothes and was all set to roll out the garments with RFID tracking devices? Well your outrage and feedback caused them to put the scheme on hold.

Let's make sure the behemoth Wal-Mart is similarly put on notice. (By the way, IBM's planning to add RFID to it's products; so if Wal-Mart manages to sneak this past us, all bets are off and then every corporate giant will be able to inflict this chilling, tracking/monitoring horror on us.)

If RFID gets off the ground as planned, that would make George Orwells' predictions off by just 20 years. It's up to us.

© 2003 Mary Starrett - All Rights Reserved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement