Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Mayor welcomes Gay Days visitors (to Orlando)

Author Topic: Mayor welcomes Gay Days visitors (to Orlando)
Disciple4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 1300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Disciple4Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks liek Disney has all the supporters it needs [Wink] haha No, this is really sick in my mind and disturbing. I am NOT bashing the gays themselves, but rather what they do, something I know is VERY hard as Christians to do and make that distinction, but just so people know.
Posts: 30 | From: Westerville, OH | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Glenda Hood, Dyer's predecessor, opposed a city law that protects gays from discrimination. In a fierce debate late last year, City Council approved the measure 4-3 after receiving thousands of pieces of mail from around the country.

This is a great example of the liberal media misinformation machine. In Orlando, the Orlando Sentinel is also know as the Orlando Slantinel.
The fact is, Glenda Hood opposed a new law that focused on protecting gays against discrimination because there are already laws on the books that protect ALL citizens from discrimination.
And there was never a problem with City Hall and the gays during the Glenda Hood governorship. In fact, Glenda Hood once approved 'Gay Pride' flags to be hung on city lightpoles during not just 'Gay Days' which last usually one week, but for the entire month! [rain] [1zhelp]
But the 'gay community' helped put Buddy Dyer in office because he promised them the special laws that would help legitimize their sinful lifestyle.
Now you know the REAL story! [Razz]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orlando? [Frown] oh boy. I have to tell my family to run to the house top... [biglaugha]

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mayor welcomes Gay Days visitors

By Melissa Harris | Sentinel Staff Writer Posted June 4, 2003
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-home-headlines

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer kicked off the annual Gay Days celebration Tuesday night in a historic and symbolic step toward ending years of bitterness between City Hall and the gay community.

Glenda Hood, Dyer's predecessor, opposed a city law that protects gays from discrimination. In a fierce debate late last year, City Council approved the measure 4-3 after receiving thousands of pieces of mail from around the country.

"It's wonderful to finally have a mayor accept us in public as well as in private," said Marty Chapman, 48, an Orlando attorney who served on a grass-roots committee that proposed the ordinance.

Dyer told more than 700 people at the Orlando Museum of Art that he was proud the city was one of only eight in Florida to prohibit discrimination against gays.

In 1998, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson took note of the City Council's decision to permit rainbow banners to hang from city light poles during Gay Pride Month celebrations, including Gay Days, by saying: "I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you."

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement