Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Does War with Iraq Signal the Beginning of 'End Times?'

Author Topic: Does War with Iraq Signal the Beginning of 'End Times?'
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waterdog thanks for the post, I have a lot of respect for Mark Hitchcock, I have read his first book and will be getting this new one coming out.

The first one was questions and answers about 'End-Times' I can't recall the name of it, I leant it out and never got it back.

So I agree with him, this is not the end, but just one of the sign post along the way.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rog
Advanced Member
Member # 1112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read in the paper that some think it is the 7th trumpet, armagedon. But the 7 seals and the first 6 trumpets have'nt happened yet. When the U.S. wins WWIII then you will know its time.

Rog

--------------------
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Posts: 26 | From: St. Charles MO. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bombing of Baghdad does not mean the end is near - only the beginning of the end, according to one scholar.

http://link.crosswalk.com/UM/T.asp?A1.45.10944.4.1198372

"Hitchcock somewhat bristles at those who point to the war as the fulfillment of some obscure Bible passage. For example, Saddam Hussein can be translated "Destroyer," which also is the word for Abaddon, the army leader in Revelation 9, Verse 11 - yes, 9:11 - who is filled with evil."

"The problem is that Abaddon is the king of the abyss, which is the underworld. I don't think that is Saddam, but Satan or a demon," Hitchcock said. "I think it's wrong to [broadcast incorrect conclusions], but it's also wrong to go to the other extreme and say there are no signs of the times at all. I try to come down in between."

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement