Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » a needed update after being gone

Author Topic: a needed update after being gone
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost that is the best news ever [thumbsup]

[Smile] [Big Clap] [Smile]

I am so glad thankful happy overjoyed that [Big Grin] 'justme' is still fightin the good fight,
I sure will be praying hard for her!

Please tell her that there are many brothers and sisters here that care about her, and want to help her any way we can.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keep praying for justme. i keep in contact with her and she's doing her best to move on. so don't lose hope and persevere in your prayers for her. "Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:16-17 (NKJV). i know i'm a heretic for using the nkjv [fie] , so you don't have to bother pointing that out. [Laugh] btw, that last line is part of my sarcastic humor. much love and God bless.

lost

--------------------
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. - Rev 22:17

Posts: 115 | From: Los Angeles/San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Drew

sorry to hear about Justme [Frown]

i only have internet access at College so when i went away from Christmas I couldn't get on and with my classes as they are now, things are hairy. [Smile]

k, thnx again.

In Him, me

Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ntercesser, [Kiss] Where have you been?

Please don't stay away so long!

I wish I had good news about 'just me', there as been no word from her since Dec.10.

[tears] [Frown] [tears]

I still pray, and maybe she is fine... [Prayer]

Anyway its a sick old world, Jesus is coming soon to take us outta here. [Big Clap] [Big Clap]

Its really good to see ya!

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your reference is probably to John Shelby Spong, a retired Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese in NJ. He opposes the majority of the tenets of the Christian faith, ordains homosexuals, and lauded by many in the extreme liberal community.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/1119.asp

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/2477.asp

Spong's pet hate is fundamentalism. He never defines the term, but Paul Enns states:
Historically, fundamentalism has been used to identify one holding to the five fundamentals of the faith adopted by the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of the USA in 1910. The five fundamentals were the miracles of Christ, the virgin birth of Christ, the substitutionary atonement of Christ, the bodily resurrection of Christ, and the inspiration of Scripture.16

Spong exploits the negative modern connotations of the term to attack those who hold to the original meaning. According to Spong, fundamentalists are 'afraid of knowledge' (RBF p. 27), incapable of abstract thought (RBF p. 155), and are fearful and insecure Christians who do not even bother to read the Bible they pretend to defend (RBF pp. 3-5, 79, 133, 217). He also criticises them for taking the Bible literally. By this he does not mean that they literally interpret passages which are clearly expressed in poetic or figurative language. Rather, he criticises them for accepting the Bible's doctrinal, moral, and historical propositions as actually true. In particular, his attacks centre around the 'five fundamentals'. Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism attacked the inspiration of Scripture; Born of a Woman attacked the Virgin Birth of Christ; and Resurrection: Myth or Reality? attacked His bodily resurrection.

Spong implies that there are no fundamentalist scholars. Works supporting liberalism are 'well written and even brilliant works of biblical scholarship' whereas works supporting biblical inerrancy are 'tracts, pamphlets, and books from the pens of fundamentalist Christians' (RBF p. x). But how broad is Spong's reading on these issues? Examining the bibliography of RBF one finds that the only fundamentalist author cited in it is Jerry Falwell. However, our bibliography contains works of many fine scholars ignored by Spong.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So great to be back, but so little time to stay.
I've missed "youz guyz"(though around here they say ya'll).

Did anyone hear about some ArchBishop or some thing like that in a Protestant Church that got brought up on Heresy charges for like the 6th time in 2 years? It was dismissed, but I also heard he doesn't believe in Creation and Jesus, and that he believes in same sex marriages.

Someone probably already got that story, but i haven't had time to check into it.

And does anyone know anymore about Justme? I know she was considering suicide and that she almost did, but God was awesome and it didn't happen.

K, sorry for the random, but i am out of time. Love you guys (and gals) and will see you all soon, but not soon enough [Smile]

"through Grace by Fatih alone"

In Him,
me

Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement