Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Signs for America in the Space Shuttle disaster

Author Topic: Signs for America in the Space Shuttle disaster
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is in control, but he allows us to make our own choices. And if man chooses to go against God's Word and against his covenants, he will pay the price.
And you are entitled to choose your opinion that it was just a coincidence that the space shuttle, with the first Israeli astronaut on board, broke up over the home state of the first president that publically supported giving up Israeli land for a Palestinian state and over a town called Palestine. [hmm]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that there is no Palestinian state, too, but God is in control. If He doesn't want it to happen, then it won't, &/or those involved will be punished. But I definitely think that the fact that some of the space shuttle debris fell in Palestine, TX, was a coincidence.

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie
Community Member
Member # 1027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
President Bush does need to stop trying to divide the land that God has given to Israel. He is determined to help create a seperate state of Palestine even though that will not solve the problem. The Bible cleaarly teaches that God does not want this land divided and punishment will fall to all countries who participate in this. Many of the moslems have publicly stated ( Hamas, Islamic Jihad), that they will not stop until Israel is destroyed, (pushed into the sea).
Posts: 18 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Waterdog,
I am not sure what Jimmy Carter thought about the Palestinian issue, but his support of a Palestine is not the best example to use. I mean, look at America during the Carter years...not a pretty picture. [uhoh]

America should heed the signs from God and abandon any policy that is pressing Israel to give up Almighty God's covenant land.

Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was right here in my home in Pflugerville, TX, approx. 200 miles SW of Palestine, TX, that day. And I was watching the news most of the day. Here are my sources: http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/index.html http://www.nasa.gov/HP_news_03076.html You can choose to ignore them if you like.

I do not know President Carter personally, so if he didn't say it publicly, then how do my husband and I know about it? No, he didn't come up with a plan to bring it about, however. Even your own report says that there were more, albeit smaller, particles found in Winnfield than in Palestine. But no where does it say that "most of the debris was found in Palestine."

--------------------
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok palestine in Texas....

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why That Texas Town is Named “Palestine”
[eek] Why That Texas Town is Named “Palestine”

An Opinion Piece by Dr. Rafael Medoff
19 February 2003

The fact that the space shuttle Columbia broke apart in the vicinity of a Texas town named “Palestine” has been the subject of much conversation in the Middle East.

In Cairo, the New York Times reports, “the average cafe denizen” noted the presence of an Israeli astronaut on board, as well as the reports “that it apparently began crumbling over Palestine, Texas,” and concluded that Allah was punishing America for supporting Israel.

In the Gulf kingdom known as the United Arab Emirates, a newspaper columnist expressed his hope that “perhaps the sight of the Columbia shuttle´s crashing in the town of Palestine, Texas reminds the Israeli people of the daily tragedy of the Palestinians.”

And on the Islamic website alfjr.com, one Sheikh Dr. Ali al-Tamimi remarked that “when CNN announced at the beginning that the shuttle fell near the city of Palestine, Texas, I said to myself: Allah is great; thus, Allah willing, will America fall in Palestine.”

Whether the shuttle exploded precisely over the town of Palestine, or merely in its vicinity, is not clear. Be that as it may, the tragic spotlight now shining upon Palestine, Texas, naturally leaves some Americans curious as to why it has such as unusual name.

The answer is that it’s not an unusual name at all.

In Texas, there are also towns named Hebbronville and Joshua. There is a Hebron in North Dakota and a Sinai in South Dakota, a Jerusalem in Arkansas, two Shilohs in Ohio, a Jericho in Vermont, a Bethlehem as well as a Nazareth in Pennsylvania, and a Zion in Maryland. Nearly every state in the Union has one or more towns named after biblical sites or individuals. Altogether, there are more than 1,000 biblically-named towns from coast to coast.

That’s not because residents of those regions have some special sympathy for the Palestinian Arabs. Towns like “Palestine” were established by 19th-century religious Christian settlers, who chose such names to express their spiritual attachment to the land and people of the Bible. When they thought of Palestine, they recalled the Jewish kingdom of ancient times. In their prayers, they prayed for the return of the Jews to the Holy Land.

A Baptist minister named Daniel Parker brought twenty-five families from Illinois to settle in eastern Texas in the 1830s. When they formally established the town of Palestine, in 1846, they named it after Rev. Parker’s hometown of Palestine, Illinois. That name had been chosen because the beauty of that part of Illinois reminded its first settlers “of the land of milk and honey, Palestine,” according to the official account by the Crawford County (Illinois) Historical Society.

Americans were aware that Palestine had some Arab residents. Mark Twain had mentioned them in his account of his visit to the Holy Land, The Innocents Abroad (1869), as had Herman Melville in his famous Clarel: A Poem and the Pilgrimage in the Holy Land (1876). But it was common knowledge that the Arab population of Palestine was relatively small and unsettled. H. Allen Tupper, Jr. wrote in the New York Times in 1896, after having “ridden on horseback more than four hundred miles through Palestine and Syria,” that virtually the only local people he encountered were “merchantmen with their long camel trains” and “wild Bedouin tribes” that “reside in one locality not more than two months.”

Moreover, the Arab residents of 19th-century Palestine did not consider themselves “Palestinians.” They regarded Palestine not as a separate country, but as the southern part of Syria. As the Arab scholar Zeine N. Zeine wrote in 1973: “The world in which the Arabs and Turks lived together was, before the end of the 19th century, politically a non-national world. The vast majority of the Muslim Arabs did not show any nationalist or separatist tendencies except when the Turkish leaders themselves, after 1908, asserted their own nationalism.”

If there had been a conflict between the Arab and Jewish residents of Palestine in the 1800s, the original residents of Palestine, Texas, undoubtedly would have sided with the Jews, whose claim to the land is clear from the Bible that Christians and Jews both cherish. It is for the same reason that Bible-believing Christians today – probably including more than a few residents of Palestine, Texas and Palestine, Illinois – constitute one of the major sources of pro-Israel sentiment in the United States.
--------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Medoff is Visiting Scholar in the Jewish Studies Program at the State University of New York-Purchase College; his books include the Historical Dictionary of Zionism, coauthored with Prof. Chaim I. Waxman

Arutz Sheva Israel Broadcasting Network

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow in palestine?
Alomost in his landin they where over California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas how in the world the wind push so mush debree to the other side?

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Waterdog, I am not sure where you were that day, but it was all over the news. I am not twisting anything... the facts, are the facts. And though Jimmy Carter may have wanted a Palestinian State, he never said so publicly, and certainly never came up with a plan to bring it about. But concerning the shuttle break up, here is a report from a NOAA website. You can choose to ignore it, but it does not change the facts:

NOAA Profiler Helps NASA with Columbia Tragedy Analysis
http://www.fsl.noaa.gov/docs/wnew/hotitems/04Feb03_2.html
NOAA's Profiler Network (NPN) Program received requests Monday, February 03, 2003, from NASA and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) for NPN upper-air wind data collected during the breakup of the space shuttle Columbia. Nine of the 35 NPN profiling clear-air radars, located in the states of New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana, were near or directly under the flight path of the shuttle. Because the unmanned profilers automatically acquire wind data continuously from near the ground up to 53,000 feet, the times and horizontal and vertical positions of the falling fragments of Columbia were captured in the data.

The radar data from the profilers located at Palestine, TX and Winnfield, LA detected falling fragments from Columbia as it disintegrated. At Palestine, some larger fragments falling at speeds of 30 feet per second or more were detected minutes after NASA lost communications with Columbia. At Winnfield, a fall of much smaller but far more numerous particles was detected four to six hours following the breakup.

Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you hear that most of the shuttle debris came down in Palestine (pronounced Pal-uh-STEEN)? I never heard anyone say anything about "most of the debris fell in..." They do have a command post and base camp in Palestine, but they also have one in Corsicana, Hemphill and Nacogdoches. They're searching an area that is 240 miles long from Ellis County to Toledo Bend Reservoir. Air searches will be from Palestine to Lufkin. The navy is conducting underwater searches in Lake Nac and Toledo Bend Reservoir. They are also asking citizens from Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah to help find debris. The material would have fallen from the shuttle as it was re-entering Earth's atmosphere along a line stretching generally from San Francisco, Calif., to Lafayette, La. Since this directive was issued by NASA yesterday, I think that indicates that 1) not all the debris has been found yet and 2) "most of the debris" was most likely not found in Palestine. And besides, Jimmie Carter wanted a Palestinian state. Please don't twist facts and claim correlations where none exist.

--------------------
 -  -

Trafield
unregistered

I feel that God is trying to get the attention of America. President Bush was the first American president to officially declare his desire and a plan to bring about a Palestinian state, side-by-side with Israel, with a divided Jerusalem. God's covenant with Israel is everlasting and not to be taken lightly:

Genesis 12:1-3
1Now the Lord said to Abram,
“Go forth from your country,
And from your relatives
And from your father’s house,
To the land which I will show you;
2And I will make you a great nation,
And I will bless you,
And make your name great;
And so you shall be a blessing;
3And I will bless those who bless you,
And the one who curses you I will curse.
And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.”

Do you think it coincidence that most of the space shuttle came down in Palestine, Texas? In the home state of our president that would attempt to negotiate God's promised land by creating a Palestinian State? I do not think it coincidence, and feel God is trying to get the attention of America! It was not the false-God Allah that allowed this, but the One and Only God, the Alpha and Omega, the God that keeps his promises, that has sent this warning to America.
His message is clear: Trust God, not the world.
He who has ears to hear, let him hear...

Tracy

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement