Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Saddam to meet with pope?

Author Topic: Saddam to meet with pope?
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saddam meets Pope envoy
BAGHDAD, Iraq, Feb. 15 (UPI) -- Iraqi President Saddam Hussein Saturday received an envoy of Pope John Paul II, Cardinal Roger Achigari, who delivered a message from the pontiff on the Iraqi crisis.

The envoy told reporters in the capital, Baghdad, the Pope's message dealt with "ways to avert a new war against the Iraqi people and what the Vatican can do in this regard."

Achigari said after meeting the Iraqi president that he did not come to Baghdad on a political mission, "but on a spiritual one to achieve peace and focus all international efforts to achieve this goal."

The cardinal told the official Iraq News Agency his visit to the country "was an expression of solidarity with the Iraqi people as they face American-British threats."

INA quoted the papal envoy as saying "peace is the real objective of all the peoples of the world. The logic of force and war does not achieve the aspired goal, and war only leaves ruin and destruction."

The Catholic Church official visited Mosul, 450 kilometers (270 miles) north of Baghdad, and toured the city's churches, historic and archeological sites.

Since his arrival in Baghdad on Tuesday, Achigari has also met with Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan to discuss the growing U.S. military threats to launch a war against Iraq.

Ramadan told state-owned Iraqi television the papal envoy "proposed general ideas and calls for peace, in addition to focusing on the importance of continued cooperation between Iraq and international weapons inspectors to avoid giving an opportunity for aggression."

Saddam's meeting with Achigari coincided with Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz's visit to the Vatican, in which he delivered a message from the Iraqi president to Pope John Paul II on U.S. threats against his country.

Vatican Spokesman Joaquin Navorro said last week the Pope's envoy's visit to Baghdad was aimed at "expressing the Pope's commitment to peace and helping the Iraqi authorities in thinking about their responsibilities toward cooperating with the international community and providing peace to their people."

The 80-year-old envoy visited Iraq three years ago to attend a conference of Iraqi and eastern Christians held in Baghdad. He held talks with senior officials at the time on arranging a visit by the pope to Ur, the hometown of Abraham. The pope's visit was called off for "security reasons."

The pontiff, who has rejected military intervention in Iraq and expressed hopes that a war can be averted, has repeatedly dispatched Achigari on similar peace missions in the region.

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID...15-101305-7881r

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think if you read again Trafield you'll find that I said that I did not know of any connection between the two of them (SADDAM and THE POPE) being prophetic...that's all.
I understood your point. Again, I am saying that there is a connection...that the pope is trying to prevent a Muslim "holy" war because he is trying to sell the world on the lie that Muslims worship the same God as Christians.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannahgirl
Advanced Member
Member # 756

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Hannahgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think if you read again Trafield you'll find that I said that I did not know of any connection between the two of them (SADDAM and THE POPE) being prophetic...that's all.

[spiny]

--------------------
God's Best Blessings to you all, Hannahgirl (His handmaid)

"The power of life and death are in the TONGUE".

Posts: 224 | From: The South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tracy, what do you think about one Babylon meeting another Babylon? [Big Eyes]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The whole idea of the POPE meeting with Saddam seems outrageous to me. Guess he's going to try and get him saved...which is a GOOD THING...but the whole thing seems crazy to me.
Do not know of any end time connection however.

There is a major endtime connection concerning the Pope. He is for a global religious system, and may very well be the false prophet. keep in mind that the new Catholic Catechism now says that Muslims actually worship the same God as Christians and are therefore saved! What utter blaspemy from a supposed pillar of Christianity.
[mad2]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannahgirl
Advanced Member
Member # 756

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Hannahgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole idea of the POPE meeting with Saddam seems outrageous to me. Guess he's going to try and get him saved...which is a GOOD THING...but the whole thing seems crazy to me.

Do not know of any end time connection however.

[fie]

--------------------
God's Best Blessings to you all, Hannahgirl (His handmaid)

"The power of life and death are in the TONGUE".

Posts: 224 | From: The South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MV29MV
Community Member
Member # 1041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MV29MV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nevermind I found a few articles....

Link one

Link two

Link three (the better of one and two)

Posts: 11 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MV29MV
Community Member
Member # 1041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MV29MV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard a news story the other day that stated either sadaam and/or his advisors are meeting with the Pope. Does anyone know this story or know a link to it?

And, if it is true, is it Relevant to any end time prophecy. seems strange to me that the Pope would meet with them.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement