Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Space Shuttle

Author Topic: Space Shuttle
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Trafield,

thank you so much for sharing your poems they are very moving...

What a sad day, I don't know how many of y'all know I have an older brother that works for NASA, over at the Cape, he has been there for 37 years.

I called him this morning to see how him and his wife(she works there also) were doing, he could not even talk to me. He said that everyone is just devastated by this accident.

Of course I knew that already. [tears]

The sad thing for me is that my brother is not saved, he believes in aliens and not God.. [Frown]

He was raised with the same truth I was, yet he chooses to reject that truth.
I am always a bad witness to him, I pray for him, but I just can't find the words to say to him.

Please include him and his wife in your prayers,
Norman and Lourie, very smart, very fat and happy,
with their life as it is they don't need God.

Maybe this tragady can be used to God's glory and bring my dear brother to the saving grace of Jesus.
President Bush quoted scripture in his speech today, I think that is awesome!

I pray that this will be turned to good and glorify God... [Prayer]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 16 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we lived in West Palm Beach, Fl we always watched the space shots. I will never ever forget that morning when the Challenger took off -- it was a clear blue sky day and the horror as we watched it disintegrate. Having watched so many, we all knew that it was so wrong. That cloud will never ever disappear from my mind's eye.

Father, be with these families, especially the children.

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a witness of the first shuttle disaster on January 28, 1986, I am deeply moved by this even as I was the first. I had a dream shortly after the first disaster in which I heard a reporter saying the shuttle had blown up, and in my dream my heart sank and I said, "Dear, Lord, not again!"
Ever since, I had been relieved when a shuttle lifted off successfully. I sat in my car praying while the countdown to Columbia's liftoff continued on the radio, knowing that there was the first Israeli on board. Again I thanked God as I watched it successfully soar from my vantage point in Orlando. I was stunned to hear on the same car radio this morning that the shuttle was lost.
The following are a couple of poems I wrote after the first disaster that apply 17 years after that first, terrible event. The first poem I wrote the night of the first disaster. The secend poem I wrote on the 1 year anniversary of the Challenger explosion:

THE SEVEN HEROES

For the courageous heroes
That died in space,
Those with an adventurer's spirit
And a bird's lovely grace.

We can never forget
The pride you showed,
With your special determination
That could not be slowed.

Though this certain mission
Was fated to fail,
Your spirits still fly
To heaven they sail.

We will think of you often
And with a lonely tear,
You will not be far away
Memories will keep you near.

You will always be with us
O Challenger (Columbia) crew,
You will rest in our hearts
For we love you.

STILL WE MOURN

It was bitterly cold when the seven so bold
Anxiously stepped on board,
It was a winter's day and all looked okay
As the shuttle began to soar.

Suddenly we felt ill, through our blood ran a chill
Though it wasn't from the air,
It didn't look right in that morning light
Through the eyes of our confused stares.

It didn't take long to know something was wrong-
Something was terribly wrong,
With watering eyes and grieving cries
We knew we had to be strong.

We stood quietly in awe as we thought of it all
Looking so forlorn,
Days have gone by, yet we continue to cry
Yes, still we mourn.

And even though we all must know
We won't always feel so torn,
Still when our feelings hide and our tears subside
Forever we will mourn.

Dear, Lord, we pray for the families and friends of the these brave men and women that lost their lives today. We pray that your Spirit will comfort our nation and have us all turn to you for strength. May your Spirit convict many to know you now before it is too late, to accept your gift of eternal life through faith in you, Jesus Christ, king of Kings and lord of Lords. May your grace and mercy, peace and lovingkindness be upon each of us today as we mourn as a nation. In your Holy Name I pray, Amen. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 9 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to turn it off. The precious families are all together at Cape Canaveral. I think there are about 8 children involved and of course spouses, parents, relatives.

Oh Father give them grace to get through this...

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you follow the news reports, you know politicians are going to have their say. I was just listening to one, who says he is on the space committee and they will carryon , that fixes will be in place, etc---no mention of sadness nor condolences to the families.

Politics----

abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying here in NC for the precious families of the astronauts.

Once again the USA prays...

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Hannahgirl
Advanced Member
Member # 756

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Hannahgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We barely had our eyes open as this news broke in....oh how sad.

Began to pray immediately for all the families involved and everyone else too.

SOOOOOO CLOSE AND YET SOOOOOOOO FAR.........16 minutes.....

GOTTA BE READY EVERYDAY to meet your maker....you never know which DAY will be yours.

GOD BLESS THEM ALL [tears]

--------------------
God's Best Blessings to you all, Hannahgirl (His handmaid)

"The power of life and death are in the TONGUE".

Posts: 224 | From: The South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

Joel I post at exactly the same time you did over in the Christian news forum.

I am praying here in Florida, [Prayer]

Very sad... [tears]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At this time, it appears that the returning space shuttle, has been destroyed. we need to put those astronauts in our prayers. Check your news, for details

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement