Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » (our troops under EU banner?)

Author Topic: (our troops under EU banner?)
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what Herb says:

This is a big story.

I've just been too busy to do my commentary yet.

This is what I think:

I suspect Javier Solana's takeover of NATO is about complete. In 1995, Solana was given the job of restructuring NATO for the Post Cold War Europe.

This envolved two basic things -- restructuring for NATO enlargement, and restructuring for the European members of NATO to have their own independant military force.

Last Novermber Solana got the ok to begin using NATO assets for his military wing. And, he also got American promises to help him upgrade his forces.

In other words, now Solana has everything he needs to finish what he started as head of NATO in 1995 -- his takeover of NATO.

(There's much more to this story. But, I don't have room or time to cover it now.)

Herb
www.fulfilledprophecy.com

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How much longer will it be before America itself become a part of the EU?
Not long if the dollar keep sinking while the euro keeps rising! Keep watching what happens to the dollar and the euro after we begin war with Iraq!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advanced Member
Member # 901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if he was addressing the idea that we would have troops under European command? That has happened many times in our histroy hasn't it?
I think the concern may be more that if NATO becomes passe then we will not be spending money in Europe that boosts their economies and provides some free security too.

If we take our troops out of Europe we take our money too. From their stand point they want to keep us involved and spending, kind of like a military tourism package. They need threats that also interest us or else they will be on their own in defense and finances too.

Will we become part of a great EU military and get involved in Gog and all that? Perhaps, but it seems unlikely that the USA will be in alliegance with people that have such a history as western Europe, other than to bail them out of the next great division that rises from among them. It does seem that we are being set up to clear the pathway for yet a new cycle or period of history in the Mideast though. Doesn't it?

We have been made great by consumption of energy and now the sources of that energy are being confined (mostly by politics rather than by natural resources), to the energy that comes from the mideast. Though it seems to me irrational to pursue the same source of energy and block other sources that is what we do and there is a driving force that prevails in the process of decision making. One that seems to be setting or country up for a special purpose to be served.

Hope our nation survives the fulfilling of this purpose, but if not we have greater security in Jesus than we can ever have in a land anyway. How can we lose?

Posts: 42 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top military official predicts EU merge with NATO,

How much longer will it be before America itself become a part of the EU?

17.01.2003 - 09:35 CET
http://www.euobserver.com/index.phtml?aid=9048

The European pillar in NATO and European security and defence policy (ESDP) will be merged, according to Gustav Hägglund, chairman of the Military Committee of the European Union.

Speaking at the University of Helsinki, the European Union's highest military official added that if Finland does not decide in favour of NATO membership by the end of this decade it really makes no difference. By that time EU security and defence policy and the European pillar in NATO will all be the same.

American worries
Mr Hägglund expressed deep concern about America neglecting the importance of NATO and Europe. He referred to the new security strategy presented by US President, George Bush, in September which barely mentioned NATO and Europe. "The new goal for Europe is to maintain the relevance of NATO in American security thinking", Mr Hägglund said.

The Finns are in the middle of a heated debate over whether to join NATO and give up their traditional neutrality. This could end up being decided by referendum.

Press Articles Hufvudstadsbladet Helsingin Sanomat

Official Documents Military Committee of the European Union Written by Lisbeth Kirk
Edited by Nicola Smith

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement