Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Christmas show dissed because it contains Christian Theology

Author Topic: Christmas show dissed because it contains Christian Theology
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
an amen to Innerchild and a ditto with Daughter.
I wonder if those of "differnt faiths (and non-faiths)" can break down words like doghouse or desktop, because they still can't seem to break down Christmas. I don't mean to be mean or imply they are stupid, but as the name says, thats why we have it.

Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daughter-of-The-King
Advanced Member
Member # 663

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Daughter-of-The-King     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[mad2] after that i can only say that i can't wait to go home with our Father [Bang Head]
Posts: 29 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InnerChild
Advanced Member
Member # 676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InnerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It amazes me to see that people will actually write something like that. If that was written 20 years ago, the writer would have been ostricized for such comments. Sad indeed what our world is coming too

--------------------
--
Child
Semper Cognosco

Posts: 40 | From: Greensboro, NC USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I just E-mailed Mr. Lowery about his article. wonder if I will get a response?

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christmas show dissed because it contains Christian Theology

This article makes me fume. Feel free to write the editors of this paper. It is endtimes indeed when they start putting down Christmas shows because they talk about Jesus.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/living/4534696.htm

Christmas show is entertaining up until finale
By Mark Lowry
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

GRAND PRAIRIE - No one expects high art from something like the Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the Rockettes; instead, you want thought-free holiday entertainment. And that's exactly what you get from most of the show, which opened recently for a three-week run at Grand Prairie's NextStage.

This overload of glitter and glee features an ensemble of performers who seem to know that the song-and-dance numbers they're performing are cheesy, but a steady paycheck encourages them to put on their best game face (think Old Navy commercial) and music that blends '80s-sounding synth-pop with Yuletide bells and brass (think Mannheim Steamroller).

A teddy bear version of The Nutcracker is delightful. Santa and Mrs. Claus are corny but charming. The Rockettes, America's ultimate drill team, high-kick, tap, step-dance and can-can with the kind of precision you wish dancers in legitimate musical theater could achieve. Whether they're playing toy soldiers, rag dolls or reindeer, the Rockettes are, well, cute.

For the first hour and 40 minutes, the big-budget revue succeeds in entertaining and building holiday spirit.

But then the tone changes rapidly.

A recreation of the biblical Christmas story, complete with live animals, wise men and shepherds drags on for a good 20 minutes.

An ominous voice narrates the entire story, beginning with Isaiah's Old Testament prophecy, with such seriousness that it turns preachy and overbearing. You almost expect the narrator to tell the Easter story and read the Book of Revelation.

Had NextStage been a church and its congregation known what to expect, terrific.

But to lure spectators of all faiths (and nonfaiths) with the promise of an entertaining holiday revue, and then to ambush them with Christian theology, is dated and borderline offensive, especially at a time when understanding of other cultures and beliefs is more important than ever.

The show's creators are wrong to assume that Jews, Muslims and other non-Christians don't have the same right to holiday fluff that Christians do.

If you want to see the Rockettes, then go, but remember to leave after the "Christmas Dreams" number, before "The Living Nativity" begins.

Radio City Christmas Spectacular

Through Dec. 8 at NextStage, 1001 NextStage Drive, Grand Prairie; showtimes are 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays (except Thanksgiving Day); 2 and 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays; 2 and 8 p.m. Fridays (plus 5 p.m. Nov. 29); 1:30, 4:30 and 8 p.m. Saturdays; noon and 3:30 p.m. Sundays (plus 7 p.m. Nov. 24)

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement