Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Big Brother is watching you!

Author Topic: Big Brother is watching you!
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I'm proud to say that Inner child is my son, and I will remember that 'old,old' crack [Big Grin]

God Bless

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InnerChild
Advanced Member
Member # 676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InnerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admittedly, Joel would be my father [help]

Thanks for saying hi and allowing me to be here

and yes, Joel is an old old man ;-)

[thumbsup]

--------------------
--
Child
Semper Cognosco

Posts: 40 | From: Greensboro, NC USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brother Joel, is this your son? I seen the post to son earlier, I thought you were just being the 'old man' of the board again... [Laugh]

Well it sure is nice to met you, your father is
a wonderful brother... [spiny]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello InnerChild, Let me welcome you to the board.. [Kiss]

Its very nice to have you here with us [thumbsup]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Having fun with this, eh son?
I note you are getting involved.

God Bless

Dad

InnerChild
Advanced Member
Member # 676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InnerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how much the information will be used. You make the analogy of Big Brother, but the ministries in "1984" were much more all encompassing than this database. In the end there will be trillions and trillions of records that will be impossible to just look over. The database will be used in specific instances where you come into the view of the FBI by other means. They will then use the database to find more information on you.

What I am most scared of in the situation is the security around this data. What if a computer hacker managed to get in and get every detail about your life. That would be 100x worse than the government having the data.

From the other side though, What other methods do we have to stop the terrorists ... we certainly can't categorize them as arabs. Muslims are not exclusively arab and arab's are not exclusively muslims. And on top of that not all muslims are terrorists. In fact the small minority are. So how do we protect ourselves from this minority wrought on our destruction? Information is power and in this case it may be the only power that can protect us, even as it makes us more vulnerable

Darren

--------------------
--
Child
Semper Cognosco

Posts: 40 | From: Greensboro, NC USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Lighthouse] This is a very important post. The pre-tribulation scenario is setting the stage for all that will very shortly transpire. The contemporary technology is quite frightening and far surpasses anything that Orwell might have envisioned for the future.
Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnL
Advanced Member
Member # 462

Icon 15 posted      Profile for JohnL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It also shows how accurate Revelation prophecy is. Who'd have known 2000 years ago the significance of an implanted chip transmitter? Or that there could be an army of 200 million? The only explanation is that Jesus revealed the future to show that God the Father was in control.

The latest missionary killing, this time in Lebanon, of a young NW Christian woman shows how the world is becoming more anti-Christian.

In all the rhetoric about the Jews, one thing they did do over 10 years ago was save the Lebanese Christians from being over-run by Lebanese Muslims. By occupying Southern Lebanon to protect Israel, they indirectly protected the Lebanese Christians. But now with their departure, the Lebanese Muslims may become bolder, and only humanitarian Christian missionaries are in their way.

Since the Muslims control much of the world's oil supply, a United Nations army of many nations might be stationed in that area to guard the oil supply, which would go along with Jesus' prophecy that when armies of all nations of the world are seen surrounding Jerusalem, the end is near, or Christians can rejoice because their redemption draws nigh.

jl

Posts: 119 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

In other words, this box has been opened and will never be shut???

We are now slaves to the information age, and your life is an open book.

This is what J>Edgar Hoover strived for so many years ago and is now coming to fruition.

What has Bill Gates wrought??

God Bless

Joel

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All this data needs to be analyzed by somebody, and the good thing is that most people, including the snoopers, just want to go play golf or hang out with their family. So ultimately, only so much of the stuff can get read or checked anyway, and the net result will not be much different than what goes on today.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey brother Joel,

I don't think there is anything that we can do, other then pray hard for GOD'S will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

I do believe life as we know it, is on the way out.

Lots of things happening behind the scenes.

I have a friend whose son was in the Air Force several years ago. They recently contacted him and offered him a top secret job, hacking into computers! Also they ask him to take a micro chip in his hand! He called his Mom and ask her if he should do it, she told him no way take a chip!

So he took the job, but not the chip they said he didn't have to have the chip..

[Big Eyes]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

njclary
unregistered

Now I'm just asking; what are we to do?

It seems that the terrorist network has become so invasive, that you don't know who is innocent and who is guilty. I have a son-in-law [who I really care for] is and really looks like a Arab. a very big one! and very fierce looking one! now I know he is an innocent. he is a very hard working steel man for a contractor. But anyone else looking at him would take second looks.

It's like WW2 with the Japanese internment. the man in the street would not know who was on whose side. so they incarcerate them all. Do we do that today??

I don't like the loss of freedoms, the restriction of movement, the treatment of the average American as a prisoner first, in the name of security.

So what do you do???

I really don't know.

God Bless

Joel

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

WASHINGTON — If the Homeland Security Act is not amended before passage, here is what will happen to you:

Every purchase you make with a credit card, every magazine subscription you buy and medical prescription you fill, every Web site you visit and e-mail you send or receive, every academic grade you receive, every bank deposit you make, every trip you book and every event you attend — all these transactions and communications will go into what the Defense Department describes as "a virtual, centralized grand database."

To this computerized dossier on your private life from commercial sources, add every piece of information that government has about you — passport application, driver's license and bridge toll records, judicial and divorce records, complaints from nosy neighbors to the F.B.I., your lifetime paper trail plus the latest hidden camera surveillance — and you have the supersnoop's dream: a "Total Information Awareness" about every U.S. citizen.

This is not some far-out Orwellian scenario. It is what will happen to your personal freedom in the next few weeks if John Poindexter gets the unprecedented power he seeks.

Remember Poindexter? Brilliant man, first in his class at the Naval Academy, later earned a doctorate in physics, rose to national security adviser under President Ronald Reagan. He had this brilliant idea of secretly selling missiles to Iran to pay ransom for hostages, and with the illicit proceeds to illegally support contras in Nicaragua.

A jury convicted Poindexter in 1990 on five felony counts of misleading Congress and making false statements, but an appeals court overturned the verdict because Congress had given him immunity for his testimony. He famously asserted, "The buck stops here," arguing that the White House staff, and not the president, was responsible for fateful decisions that might prove embarrassing.

This ring-knocking master of deceit is back again with a plan even more scandalous than Iran-contra. He heads the "Information Awareness Office" in the otherwise excellent Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, which spawned the Internet and stealth aircraft technology. Poindexter is now realizing his 20-year dream: getting the "data-mining" power to snoop on every public and private act of every American.

Even the hastily passed U.S.A. Patriot Act, which widened the scope of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and weakened 15 privacy laws, raised requirements for the government to report secret eavesdropping to Congress and the courts. But Poindexter's assault on individual privacy rides roughshod over such oversight.

He is determined to break down the wall between commercial snooping and secret government intrusion. The disgraced admiral dismisses such necessary differentiation as bureaucratic "stovepiping." And he has been given a $200 million budget to create computer dossiers on 300 million Americans.

When George W. Bush was running for president, he stood foursquare in defense of each person's medical, financial and communications privacy. But Poindexter, whose contempt for the restraints of oversight drew the Reagan administration into its most serious blunder, is still operating on the presumption that on such a sweeping theft of privacy rights, the buck ends with him and not with the president.

This time, however, he has been seizing power in the open. In the past week John Markoff of The Times, followed by Robert O'Harrow of The Washington Post, have revealed the extent of Poindexter's operation, but editorialists have not grasped its undermining of the Freedom of Information Act.

Political awareness can overcome "Total Information Awareness," the combined force of commercial and government snooping. In a similar overreach, Attorney General Ashcroft tried his Terrorism Information and Prevention System (TIPS), but public outrage at the use of gossips and postal workers as snoops caused the House to shoot it down. The Senate should now do the same to this other exploitation of fear.

The Latin motto over Poindexter"s new Pentagon office reads "Scientia Est Potentia" — "knowledge is power." Exactly: the government's infinite knowledge about you is its power over you. "We're just as concerned as the next person with protecting privacy," this brilliant mind blandly assured The Post. A jury found he spoke falsely before.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/14/o...&partner=GOOGLE

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement