Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Netanyahu wants Israel in EU!

Author Topic: Netanyahu wants Israel in EU!
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isn't the EU the "Revived Roman Empire?"
Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the link to the Jerusalem Post article.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satell...d=1036830287261

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/ne..._Israel_eu.html

Netanyahu Wants Israel in the EU

The campaign to bring Israel into the European Union has just gained high-level support.

The Jerusalem Post is reporting that Israeli Foreign Minister Binyamin Netanyahu asked Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi to look into the possibility of Israel joining the EU.

Netanyahu, as you may know, is thought likely to become Israel's new Prime Minister in the coming elections.

Let's review some of the events that have lead to this idea of bringing Israel into the EU.

As I've written in an earlier commentary, I believe it was because of Javier Solana's diplomacy in the Balkans - it worked. Solana's strategy for achieving a peaceful resolution between the feuding Balkan states was to offer them the prospect of full future integration into the EU -- an offer they couldn't refuse. This process of integration with the EU began with each state signing a Stability and Association Agreement.

Now that Solana brought peace to the Balkans, the EU heads have instructed Solana to turn his diplomatic skills to solving the Middle East problem. And guess what? Just as Solana began his first diplomatic tour to that troubled area last May, a campaign to bring Israel into the EU officially began both in Europe and Israel.

Now Netanyahu has asked Berlusconi to look into Israel joining the EU. The reason this intrigues me so much is because Berlusconi will hold the Italian EU presidency in the last half of 2003. If you recall, Berlusconi will be the last to hold the old, six-month rotating presidency before the new, super president comes on the scene over the new, super EU.

And, as I've been reporting, in 2003 the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership between Israel and the EU will have seven-years remaining to meet its goal of a free trade area by 2010.

This places before us a couple of good questions: Could the agreement the Antichrist is destined to confirm with Israel for seven-years be the Euro-Med. agreement? Or, could it be some kind of association or accession agreement for Israel's future integration into the EU?

And, now there is something else for us to consider: Who will end up signing that seven-year agreement with Israel - Solana, Berlusconi, someone else? I don't know.

But, one thing I do know - it's sure getting interesting!

11-11-2002

Herb
www.fulfilledprophecy.com

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement