Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Killer Tornadoes Take Heavy Toll in Four States

Author Topic: Killer Tornadoes Take Heavy Toll in Four States
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 18 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad your safe ErieGreen..

Keep the faith..
barry [Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Eriegreen, if you can, I , and i'm sure some others would like to see the pictures. [Smile]

K, i have a question.Is North America the only place tornados occur. It is a silly question i'm sure and i am disappointed in myself for not knowing. I love clouds and know a fair amount about how thunderstorms form, but sadly I don't know the answer to my question, does anyone?

Thnx

P.S. I glad you and your family are okay Eriegreen, Praise God. [thumbsup]

Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ERIEGREEN
I am thankful that you and yours are safe today!
I hope you will share the photos with us here.

I put a request in the 'Prayer Request Forum' for prayers for all the people that were involved
in these terrible storms.

[tears] [Frown] [tears]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
November 11, 2002 06:50 AM ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Reuters) - A string of devastating tornadoes ripped through four U.S. states late on Sunday, killing at least 11 people, injuring dozens and leaving a trail of misery and destruction from Alabama to Ohio.

State emergency management officials reported many people trapped and injured, homes flattened, trees uprooted and power lines downed, leaving thousands without electricity.

The storms left at least six people dead, including a young boy, in Tennessee and another five in Ohio, according to state officials and U.S. media reports.

Authorities said the number of victims was expected to grow as emergency workers sifted through the damage spread widely across the region.

No fewer than six tornadoes touched down in Tennessee as people in four counties huddled in their homes while the tornadoes swept through, said Cecil Whaley, head of the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency.

"We are expecting two or three more fatalities in Morgan County in the Mossy Grove community," Whaley told Reuters, referring to one of areas hardest hit when a tornado touched down late on Sunday night. "A tornado cut a swath a mile and a half across that area and leveled thirty to forty homes."

Whaley said one of the dead was a small boy, killed in the Manchester area, where at least 20 homes were leveled and 18 people were taken to the hospital.

The twisters, accompanied in some cases by fierce storms, swept northward during the day, moving from west Tennessee into middle northern counties of the state and into Kentucky, emergency management officials said.

UNUSUAL OUTBREAK OF TORNADOES

Tennessee and Ohio were initially thought to have been the states hardest hit, but reports later emerged that central and eastern Alabama parts of Georgia, and perhaps other states may also have been struck by the unusually severe outbreak of tornadoes.

The National Weather Service issued tornado warnings across a wide swath of territory from Mississippi to South Carolina for Sunday night and Monday morning, emphasizing that "this is a particularly dangerous situation."

Apart from the twisters, the weather service warned of fierce thunderstorms, hail measuring 2 inches in diameter and high winds.

In Tennessee officials said the tornadoes hit in waves, flattening mobile homes, ripping the roofs off houses, downing power lines and hurling cars into trees. Thousands of people were reported without electricity.

Those counties in the path of the destructive winds suffered damage ranging from uprooted trees, overturned cars and damaged buildings. Counties hit included Carroll, Madison, Sumner and Montgomery.

Between 2,000 and 2,500 homes and commercial buildings lost power in Clarksville, Tennessee.

Powerful storms also socked northwestern Ohio on Sunday afternoon near the Indiana border, killing one person each in Van Wert and Putnam Counties.

"We have confirmed reports of four separate tornadoes that were part of the larger system that moved through," Dick Kimmins, spokesman for the Ohio Emergency Management Agency, told Reuters.

He did not have any immediate information on the two people killed, but he said the storms hit homes and businesses and knocked down power lines around the area.

MSNBC and CNN both reported a total of five people killed in Ohio. Kimmins said at least four people had been injured, but unconfirmed reports put the injury toll much higher

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement