Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » sons watch father kill mother

Author Topic: sons watch father kill mother
Ntercesser
Advanced Member
Member # 332

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Ntercesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY... is there no end to the depravity and rotten of the humans. sadly no
Posts: 66 | From: in Texas,wanting the UK, praying for Home | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Former Florida Man Known for Helping Stray Cats Kills Family, Self
The Associated Press
Published: Oct 21, 2002

WESTFIELD, Mass. (AP) - Police say a former Florida man known for efforts to help stray cats stabbed his wife and two 11-year-old children to death in their home, and then killed himself in front of City Hall.
Richard Kolenda, 49, shot himself in the head with a small caliber handgun, according to Detective Lt. Michael McCabe said.

Police Sgt. Alex Beginski said Monday that authorities had no immediate motive for the killings or suicide.

He said Kolenda called 911 from a cell phone early Sunday morning, and after being connected with the State Police barracks in Northampton, told the dispatcher he had just killed his family and then hung up.

Westfield Police found Jienia Kolenda, 50, daughter Yana and son Anatoli dead at their home just before 5 a.m. Sunday, McCabe said.

"There were indicators of some struggle inside the house," McCabe said. "But, nothing major."

Police had never been called to the home before, he said. The family lived in a two-story Allen Street home in what residents called a quiet neighborhood. Both children were fifth-graders at Holy Trinity School.

Kolenda, a retired Air Force major, moved with his family back to Westfield around two years ago from Jacksonville, Fla., Walter J. Pilecki, Richard Kolenda's cousin, told the Union-News of Springfield. John W. Shepard, a next-door-neighbor, said the family arrived in July 2001.

While living in Jacksonville, Kolenda and his family worked to save feral cats at Mayport Naval Station.

Kolenda and his family went to the base with other volunteers to feed the cats. He told The Florida Times-Union he had spent about $5,000 on veterinary visits for the strays.

There were 10 cats in the Massachusetts home when police arrived.

Kolenda, who was born in Poland, first moved to Westfield around 1968. He joined the Air Force after high school. Around 1994, Kolenda and his wife adopted their two children from Russia, Pilecki said.

The family regularly came to the 8:30 a.m. Sunday Mass, celebrated in Polish, the Rev. Gerard J. Boulanger of Holy Trinity Church said. The son was an altar server, and the daughter sang with the choir.

"This is very tragic," Boulanger said. "This community, especially the Holy Trinity family, has lost four very nice people."

Shepard said he and his wife, Betty Lou, recently attended a barbecue at the Kolenda home.

"They were a beautiful family," Shepard said. "They were a quiet and sociable family."

AP-ES-10-21

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a terrible story...
http://www.jsonline.com/news/wauk/oct02/89392.asp

As parents' argument turned deadly, sons watched, waited
New records detail how family unraveled

By LISA SINK

Last Updated: Oct. 20, 2002

Waukesha - As Dale Huebner strangled his wife, Carla, with his necktie, their 16-year-old son watched, refusing his mother's dying pleas to call 911.

"No, you chose, you chose," he told her, angry that she was leaving their father and befriending another man.

The couple's 13-year-old son had run to the basement, where he covered his ears and cried.

The older boy stood by as his parents struggled, fell together over a chair, hit an amplifier and landed on the floor, his father on top of his mother.

After Carla, 44, stopped struggling and died, the 16-year-old said, his father went to the kitchen and began popping prescription medications and drinking brandy in an attempt to commit suicide.

Dale Huebner told his sons to go to a movie and come back in four hours, that the pills should kick in by then. That was about 5 p.m.

The boys obeyed their father and left - and didn't call police for seven hours.

They passed the time by driving around town, walking around a mall, eating dinner at a Cousins Subs shop and twice returning home to check on their father, who each time was still alive.

Then they went to a movie, viewing the R-rated comedy "Not Another Teen Movie." When they returned home, their father was still unconscious. Only after weighing the pros and cons of calling police did they phone their paternal grandparents and then police about 11:40 p.m.

"The pros for letting Dad die was he was going to be with Mom, he wouldn't have to go to prison," the 16-year-old wrote to police. "The cons for Dad dying - what if Mom's not dead, we could get into trouble. We didn't want to screw ourselves for letting him die."

Sentencing document
The teens' chilling description of the murder and its aftermath were made public for the first time as part of a lengthy memorandum prosecutors filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court in preparation for Dale Huebner's sentencing Nov. 1. The boys' names are not being reported by the Journal Sentinel because they are juveniles.

Described by prosecutors as an obsessive, controlling husband who would fine and otherwise punish his wife for late dinners and other violations of his rules, the 47-year-old Huebner was convicted after pleading no contest to first-degree intentional homicide.

He now faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison. Waukesha County Circuit Judge Michael Bohren must decide when, if ever, he should be eligible for parole.

Prosecutors will use the memorandum to argue that he should never be released for the horror they say he wrought on his wife and sons.

The memo - buttressed with a reporter's lengthy interview with Carla Huebner's family - provides the first public look at the boys' actions the day their mother was murdered.

The sons originally told police that they had not witnessed their mother's slaying on Jan. 6.

At the Waukesha police station hours after the 911 call, the boys told officers that they had left the house that afternoon because they were tired of listening to their parents argue.

They originally told police that they found their dead mother when they returned. Finding their father unconscious, they called their grandparents and then 911, the boys said.

But police, suspicious about discrepancies in their stories, kept digging.

Slaying described
On Jan. 21, after keeping their secret for two weeks, the boys wrote new statements.

"I verbally tried to stop a fight that couldn't be stopped," the 16-year-old stated.

He also wrote that he and his brother saw their father pull off his necktie - which his wife had given him for Christmas just days earlier - and come up behind their mother in the 13-year-old's room and wrap the tie around her neck.

The younger boy wrote that he thought his father was leaning in to give his mother a kiss. When Dale pulled the tie around her, the 13-year-old wrote, "Mom started screaming, 'Stop it' and just screams. I ran out of my room and down into the basement and plugged my ears and cried."

The older brother wrote that he stayed in the doorway.

"I wasn't sure that my mother couldn't breathe," the 16-year-old wrote. "She said, 'Call 9-1-1.' I said, 'No, you chose, you chose.'

"She was also yelling 'Dale! Dale!' I was yelling 'Please don't file charges if Dad stops' and 'Dad loves you.' "

"My mother put up a pretty good fight," the 16-year-old wrote. When it was over, he said, his father knelt next to her.

"My dad said, 'You're my wife. I'm sorry.' He also said something to the effect of, 'You will always be my wife.' "

He also assured his boys that the man he insisted Carla was having an affair with "has no right in your life." Carla had denied having an affair.

Family's nightmare
Carla's parents, Hans and Anneliese Rothkegel, said that they still are struggling to deal with their grandsons' actions - and inactions.

"My God, so Carla was lying there from 5 to almost midnight before anybody called," Carla's mother said. "How can you go to a movie if you know your mother is dead? How can you turn your back on her?"

The Rothkegels have not seen their grandsons since the funeral. The boys live with Dale's parents, Robert and Elaine Huebner. Carla's younger sister, Heidi Nienow, who was appointed as the boys' legal guardian, attended the 16-year-old's Catholic confirmation in May, as did Rita Vosburg, Carla's older sister.

"Not knowing what really happened that night, you're afraid to make the first move," Vosburg said.

Carla's mother said: "I think about the boys so much. I always ask Carla - give me a sign, what should I do? It's not easy to just lose two grandchildren."

Carla's father said that the family may someday resume contact.

Of Dale Huebner, Carla's mother said bitterly: "He should never walk the street again, that's for sure. He should have life in prison."

"I don't have any feelings of hate," Hans Rothkegel said, but added, "I'm very, very angry."

Charging boys considered
Waukesha County District Attorney Paul Bucher said his office considered charging the boys for failing to come to the aid of a crime victim.

"I was, and am, very concerned for the boys," Bucher said. "I wanted to get them into therapy and treatment as soon as possible. We were ready to act if that was not going to occur."

Craig Kuhary, Dale Huebner's lawyer, said his client wished the boys had never been home that day.

"I think if Dale would say anything it would be that they were just kind of caught in the middle of a no-win situation. And they shouldn't be judged on their actions that particular day," Kuhary said.

By all accounts, the boys excel in school. The 16-year-old had the lead in a summer school play, Carla's mother noted. His younger brother is talented at several musical instruments.

The prosecution memorandum, written by Bucher and Assistant District Attorney William Roach, cites "fear, a sense of loss, loyalty toward their father or anger toward their mother" as possible explanations for the boys' behavior on Jan. 6 and the days following.

It also paints a picture of Dale Huebner as an obsessive man who went to great lengths to dehumanize and exert bizarre control over his family.

The boys were not allowed to watch any live television. Their father used 11 VCRs and five televisions to constantly tape programs, which he had to approve before the boys could watch them, the memorandum says.

According to checkbook receipts found in the Lemira Ave. home, Dale Huebner would "fine" his wife when she would disobey his orders or disrupt his desires.

An Oct. 2, 2001, note to his wife said he was fining her $500. The reason: "Before we plan to have sex bringing up something we were arguing about in attempt to 'quickly win' just before. Or generally bringing up dumb and distracting non-sex **** at this time."

Tuesday and Saturdays were "sex nights," said the memorandum. Every night, dinner had to be at exactly the same time, or she would be fined for every minute late.

When he said she once left a window open and lied about it, he fined her $100. Her failure to put an office file on the dining room table as commanded cost her $40.

Dale Huebner was often unemployed, and Carla generally paid the bills through her income as a legal secretary, a Mary Kay cosmetics saleswoman and later a financial investment counselor for a business the couple created.

Police obtained notebook paper on which Carla Huebner had written the same paragraph 10 times, in an apparent punishment for criticizing her husband.

It read: "I will honor my husband when speaking in public and I will not reveal any wrongdoings that I may or may not participate in when speaking to the public. By remembering this I will not be placed at risk or put anyone else at risk and I will not compromise my posture and position with the less experienced in my field."

Bucher said that as cold and horrific as the boys' behavior was the night of the slaying, he decided early on that he wanted to focus on Dale Huebner - the one who did the killing.

"How he dealt with his sons and the controlling nature of Huebner, it just didn't seem appropriate to focus on anybody other than Mr. Huebner," Bucher said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [fie] [tears]

2 Timothy 3:1-4

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement